Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i saw a christian vs. jewish riot in jerusalem when i was fourteen and this still heavily influences my view of the world today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

never go to a place that doesn't have a reputation for drinking

this is why mexicans are the best people on the planet btw

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

never go to a place that doesn't have a reputation for drinking

A reputation for drinking shows a lack of imagination and refinement in one's culture, if you ask me.

Aliquid posted:

i saw a christian vs. jewish riot in jerusalem when i was fourteen and this still heavily influences my view of the world today

What was the score?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A reputation for drinking shows a lack of imagination and refinement in one's culture, if you ask me.

nope

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
new york: bars
paris: cafes
berlin: beer
japan: beeeeeeeer

qed

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
ok, mom says I have to either marry Aviva Schlipowitz or find my own nice Jewish girl. I don't want to marry Aviva because gently caress YOU MOM but ugh..how will I ever find a wife without compromising my Talmud studies......

I know! The Internet! But wait, how will I know if the person I'm dating is serious and not a scammer....

jdate

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Aliquid posted:

this is why mexicans are the best people on the planet btw

first time i drank in a mexico border town I asked what the bartender had and he said
"tecate y tecate mas"

tecate kind of sucks and the marlboros tasted weird though

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

new york: bars
paris: cafes
berlin: beer
japan: beeeeeeeer

qed

new york: gentrified as gently caress
paris: gentrified as gently caress
berlin: getting there, also full of Israelis
japan: pregentrified as prefuck

You keep using "qed". I don't think it means what you think it means.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
your mom?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

She's doing fine, thanks for asking. :)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

The way I understand, it doesn't matter what religion you are in Israel--as long as you're not Arab

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

joepinetree posted:

Now I am depressed. Aecio Neves is tied with Dilma in the runoff in Brazil. Big media is trying to hard to get him elected.
For the record, Aecio has hit his girlfriend in public, is widely rumored to be addicted to cocaine, one of his closest allies was the owner of a helicopter busted with half a ton of cocaine, and was caught drunk driving, all within the last 5 years, and the media simply ignored it. He actually sued google to have it block any searches of Aecio and cocaine.

For the record, here's the guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixdPe_Jqxw

:smith:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What was the score?

IDF busted it up, the Christians looked a lot more scared (they were evangelist college kids from Dallas)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aliquid posted:

IDF busted it up, the Christians looked a lot more scared (they were evangelist college kids from Dallas)

So not Arab, then? It's as if MIGF again doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about. :iiam:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So not Arab, then? It's as if MIGF again doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about. :iiam:

one would be right to assume that arab christians and israeli jews hate each other because israeli jews are drat near-genocidal toward them

my mom's church sponsors a hardcore missionary in Amman and little do they know she's gone totally apeshit anti-Israel in private, having to deal with the refugee camps for years

she even denounced US airstrikes in Bosnia in the 90's, it ran on KVUE, one of Austin's news channels. it owned

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She's doing fine, thanks for asking. :)

Yeah, we know. :pervert:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aliquid posted:

one would be right to assume that arab christians and israeli jews hate each other because israeli jews are drat near-genocidal toward them

my mom's church sponsors a hardcore missionary in Amman and little do they know she's gone totally apeshit anti-Israel in private, having to deal with the refugee camps for years

Oh, I hear ya. Mainstream Israeli media doesn't often report it, but I am well aware of particularly the ultra-orthodox/national-religious Yeshiva youths literally making GBS threads up churches, with the authorities doing figurative poo poo-all about it.

That being said, Arab isn't the end-all and be-all of getting screwed in Israel. Try being an Ethiopian Jew. Better put on that yarmulka or mobs and authorities might mistake you for a Eritrean Sudanese infiltrator. Or what happens if through intermarriage you end up not belonging to any of the milets recognized by the Israeli state? Oh, you want to marry? Legally impossible for you! Better pay to go to Cyprus or something. This applies even if you immigrated under the Law of Return, so you are Jewish enough for citizenship, but not enough to be able to actually marry a Jew (or a Muslim, or anyone). :thumbsup:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, we know. :pervert:

Take good care of her. I don't get to see her enough. :smith:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

way to be a breeder, woman bringing her wailing infant into a gay bar 9PM

time to move to the DUI thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^^ lmao i'm dying

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, you want to marry? Legally impossible for you! Better pay to go to Cyprus or something. This applies even if you immigrated under the Law of Return, so you are Jewish enough for citizenship, but not enough to be able to actually marry a Jew (or a Muslim, or anyone). :thumbsup:
I didn't know that. How bizarre, and totally backward from the way the US and others with more pluralistic immigration systems work. But, well, Israel

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Berke Negri posted:

Maybe she wants to put it up for adoption. :unsmith:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I couldn't really be sure form the report but was the Todd/Track/random people fight completely unrelated and happening at the same time Bristol started attacking the host for no reason?
Yeah, Track and Todd got into a deal after their friend got sucker punched out front. Then, somehow, something happened with Willow in the back and Bristol got involved there and that was her end of it. Then later, Todd heard what Bristol said and ran around to confront the guy Bristol hit while the officers were questioning him.

Basically, the Palins rolled up to another birthday party and sort of got into it with everyone. The initial skirmish sounded like it was more based on pre-existing issues between Todd's friends/Track and some guys who worked for the dude at the house, but it quickly deteriorated into Track ripping off his shirt and challenging everyone to a fight - including his dad - while Bristol punched the house owner in the face several times, screaming at him, then fell down at which time he may have sat on her until she calmed down.

It goes on and on and it's hilarious.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berke Negri posted:

lol

e: I'm probably going to do that one of these days

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
John Edwards and Sarah Palin were both almost a heartbeat away from the Presidency. That is staggering to consider.

Cheney was a barely audible gurgle away from the Presidency, but we all know he ran things for about six years of it anyway, so that mattered less.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Absurd Alhazred posted:

new york: gentrified as gently caress
paris: gentrified as gently caress
berlin: getting there, also full of Israelis
japan: pregentrified as prefuck

You keep using "qed". I don't think it means what you think it means.

Montreal. :smug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Would.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

lmao

for real though straight girls should be banned from gay bars

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

lmao

for real though straight girls should be banned from gay bars

hey ive dated a lot of girls ive met in gay bars, dont say things we cant take back

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gay bars are great because when my gayfriends bring me all i have to do is tolerate like a dozen french-kisses from random dudes and then i'm offered free drinks and drugs

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Aliquid posted:

gay bars are great because when my gayfriends bring me all i have to do is tolerate like a dozen french-kisses from random dudes and then i'm offered free drinks and drugs

free drinks at a gay bar? heh, now thats a name i havent heard in a long time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

free drinks at a gay bar? heh, now thats a name i havent heard in a long time

really? gay bars are the best places here to drink on the cheap. lots of places offer $2 wells and pints in this area

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Gay bars were always one of two reliable late night drinking places after 02:00 in Houston when you're supposed to legally stop serving. The other? Mexican bars.

Aliquid, I'm pretty sure you're now on some private FB groups where they post men who pose as gay to get free drinks. Like a gay bar ban list.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ReindeerF posted:

Gay bars were always one of two reliable late night drinking places after 02:00 in Houston when you're supposed to legally stop serving. The other? Mexican bars.

Aliquid, I'm pretty sure you're now on some private FB groups where they post men who pose as gay to get free drinks. Like a gay bar ban list.

haha yeah gay men hate the idea of making out with (and/or loving) straight dudes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^ wisdom

ReindeerF posted:

you actually think it's interpreted that way? i'm not a leech, i'm a flirty challenge. with my face on one of those i'd get more attention than a bucket of chum in an east texas gator farm

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

hey ive dated a lot of girls ive met in gay bars, dont say things we cant take back

i'm gay so that sounds like your problem

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

i'm gay so that sounds like your problem

everybody in nobody left out

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

everybody in nobody left out

E:

"When it plays in Boystown, make sure to keep the toys down."

"Nobody Out--Pattyboy's peferred method"

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 10, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

"When it plays in Boystown, make sure to keep the toys down."

you motherfucker

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Over/under on how long until the next ebola case in the US?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
BREAKING NEWS: EBOLA DOSCOVERED NEAR WASHINGTON DC

update: case thought to be ebola actually common cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That being said, Arab isn't the end-all and be-all of getting screwed in Israel. Try being an Ethiopian Jew. Better put on that yarmulka or mobs and authorities might mistake you for a Eritrean Sudanese infiltrator. Or what happens if through intermarriage you end up not belonging to any of the milets recognized by the Israeli state? Oh, you want to marry? Legally impossible for you! Better pay to go to Cyprus or something. This applies even if you immigrated under the Law of Return, so you are Jewish enough for citizenship, but not enough to be able to actually marry a Jew (or a Muslim, or anyone). :thumbsup:
i met a old, black jewish man on the train last week. he was francophone, though, so i guess it wasn't an actual ethiopian jew. not something you see every day, anyway. it was actually pretty fun(ny). i sat down in the four-seater with him, a young man from kenya joined us and later on an older flemish woman joined us. he immediately started talking to us, quite enthusiastically. the guy from kenya clearly didn't mind talking, but he didn't speak french, but the flemish woman was clearly not interested in talking. she sat down and put a box of chocolates on the table, which led to my black jewish friend immediately started asking if they were for us and her nervously putting them on the ground between her legs. so then he told me to put them up in the baggage storage and my god the sense of 'JUST LEAVE ME ALONE' that she was beaming into the carriage was just so overwhelming i was amazed my new friend didn't notice it at all. i don't even think this lady was racist or angry at francophone people, this was just the ur-flemish response of 'talk to you? but we don't know each other! how ghastly'

anyway, after i calmed him down, we did our best to have a conversation (my french is horrible) about how studying languages is important, the principles of judaism and the fact that he was going to israel. i love talking to people on the train, because only interesting/crazy or drunk people will spontaneously start up a conversation and that means a 100% chance of fun. plus, he was wearing an amnesty international button and i haven't met a single person wearing one of those that wasn't downright decent.

anyway, here are the turdlords that will rule belgium for the next couple of years:

that's not all of them, actually, and they're not all ministers, but you can see the trend: old white men and three (3) women. and they all look like sociopaths.

• Locked thread