Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Adelheid posted:

fuckin Twintails or whatever

anime of... forever...?

If the second episode is just as good, I'll make a thread. At the very least it'll be good for hilarious screencaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Twintail anime in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bqWEX5dls

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The initial joke of Shirobako lands fantastically, it's a well-timed fakeout and it sorta set the tone of the episode pretty well. Even visually I'm kinda impressed with it. The backgrounds and the studio building itself have a realistic amount of grit and grime on the outside, which is unusual for a lot of anime with this kind of style.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

straight jerkers posted:

The psycho pass 2 op is worth watching more than a few times to catch all of the little details in it

And the one big detail that I was talking about where Togane's deranged face transitions to that one boss lady's.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Twintails is aggressively dumb and unless it fucks up bad I will be watching the entire season, great work whoever did this show

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tell me more about Amagi Brilliant Park, please. All I know is that it has an awesome character naming screen.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Twintails is aggressively dumb and unless it fucks up bad I will be watching the entire season, great work whoever did this show

Same, literally laughing out loud over how pants on head retarded this show is trying to be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Tell me more about Amagi Brilliant Park, please. All I know is that it has an awesome character naming screen.

KyoAni makes another anime based off of an LN by the author of Full Metal Panic. It is not, however, Full Metal Panic. Instead, it's about a narcissist and former child actor taking the reins on a failing amusement park and schooling them in how to manage one.

Also, the workers/inhabitants are magical.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Amagi Brilliant Park is just kind of slow and low-key right now. It's not actually bad or anything, and some of the humor is good, but there's not a lot going on even after the second episode. But it's also easy to watch, it's pretty inoffensive overall. If it picks up, it could be pretty good.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New trailer for the next Yamato 2199 movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3av872Xbg

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Moffle may not Fumoffu as well as Bonta-kun, but he is the best that we are gonna get until we get until FMP S3 which will come out soon™ before Haruhi S3 :v:.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
D-Frag OVA was gr8

More of the same humour that I liked. But pinkbitch can step off, Kazama-Imouto is basically in the 1% of little sister characters who are actually good.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
The first episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, as expected, was loving fantastic (easily one of the best first episodes of this season). It's gorgeous, with really likeable characters, and with music (speaking of music, OP and ED are great) as one of the main themes! And it's 22 episodes, not to mention that it will adapt the whole manga. Potentially aots for sure.

Shirobako was also pretty great. I liked that it focused on the technical aspects of making the anime. Interested to know how much it will get into all of the ugly stuff about the industry (probably not much, if at all, but it will be neat if it will seriously critique at least some of that stuff). Also, got a good laugh when it suddenly tried to be Initial D (with j-pop song about idols playing in the background, no less).

And Chaika continues to be great, obviously.

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 10, 2014

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Reading about Wolf Girl and Black Prince, and recalling the likes of Diabolik Lovers (because I sure as hell am not going to watch that sort of crap), when did shoujo romance turn into such a succession of abusive relationships?

Is there a series where the female main character eventually turns down the jerkass 'tsundere' male with his emotional troubles?

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

DiabloCthulhu posted:

The first episode of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, as expected, was loving fantastic (easily one of the best first episodes of this season). It's gorgeous, with really likeable characters, and with music (speaking of music, OP and ED are great) as one of the main themes! And it's 22 episodes, not to mention that it will adapt the whole manga. Potentially aots for sure.

Agreed, it was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Its going to be horrible waiting for this week to week.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fangz posted:

Reading about Wolf Girl and Black Prince, and recalling the likes of Diabolik Lovers (because I sure as hell am not going to watch that sort of crap), when did shoujo romance turn into such a succession of abusive relationships?

Is there a series where the female main character eventually turns down the jerkass 'tsundere' male with his emotional troubles?

Was about to ask about that series, I never got very far watching the first episode. The protagonist girl was not likable at all, just annoying/dumb, and wanted to hear if it got better. Sounds like no?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

ScottyWired posted:

D-Frag OVA was gr8

More of the same humour that I liked. But pinkbitch can step off, Kazama-Imouto is basically in the 1% of little sister characters who are actually good.

D-Frag is pretty great and I'm glad the manga got picked up, the scans for it were just atrocious.

quote:

Was about to ask about that series, I never got very far watching the first episode. The protagonist girl was not likable at all, just annoying/dumb, and wanted to hear if it got better. Sounds like no?

It's a very bad show. Cringeworthy premise aside it's just a boring show about unlikeable characters with generic shojo stuff happening.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

nielsm posted:

It's really bad. I looked it up to see if it got any better, and no. gently caress that show. It's kind of baffling to me why shoujo has so many rapey/abusive male leads, considering that the genre is literally aimed at young girls, and often written by female authors.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Well, Shirobako had the most unexpected company car street race of the season. Set in an animation house, it seemed like a pretty accurate depiction of how a studio operates. A well put together show, but if you're like me, you won't find watching people being stressed about deadlines in an office that appealing (especially someone passing out from exhaustion). Will give it the three episode test.

Someone on the last page recommended Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Highschool slice of life, romcom kind of deal, seems to have a bit more of a music slant, which makes for some colourful sequences. First episode focused on a single member of the MC group, a pianist who has suffered a trauma (although no mention of Rachmaninoff's Third...), and no longer plays. The rest of the group were briefly introduced. Could be good, although a bit twee (in a grating way) at times - specifically the violinist.

Psycho Pass continues to have a vibrant and interesting world, solid action, and techno babble from CCTV camera footage they worked out his bone structure, which in turn let them calculate what his voice would sound like because of vocal chord placement? What?. The introduction in the opening minutes of a Hue managing drug should make for some interesting twists and turns. Makes me want a 3rd gig of Ghost in the Shell (that said, Arise has been alright).

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Hocus Pocus posted:

Psycho Pass continues to have a vibrant and interesting world, solid action, and techno babble from CCTV camera footage they worked out his bone structure, which in turn let them calculate what his voice would sound like because of vocal chord placement? What?.

Psycho Pass is basically Japanese CSI.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Second Episode of Amagi Brilliant Park is keeping me interested despite being about 70% slow plot grinding to get all the pieces in place. Hopefully starting next week it'll be able to just focus on fun stuff.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

nielsm posted:

If I were to compare it to other manga of the same or a similar setup it would not fare well, nor change much. She gets into a new role after getting the "boyfriend" but as I remember it it's best summed up with "eurghhhh" as time goes on. There's so much better out there.

The anime of "Girl in a secret romance with a bookish nerdy schoolboy who actually is a tattooed cool dude who's also great with kids" deserves more seasons, it's actually got heart and soul.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

MrLonghair posted:

The anime of "Girl in a secret romance with a bookish nerdy schoolboy who actually is a tattooed cool dude who's also great with kids" deserves more seasons, it's actually got heart and soul.

Do you mean Horimiya? I wish that had a full anime so much :sigh:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I had high expectations after finding out it would be animated, and I have to say the first episode of April is a Lie was absolutely fantastic. It was gorgeously animated (the piano playing was so detailed for once, A+) and I'm interested in where it's going. My only complaint is that the scene with the three elementary school kids is bull, they wouldn't know how to trill or keep in good enough rhythm and harmony :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fangz posted:

I haven't read it, but I've heard good things about Skip Beat, whose whole premise is the protagonist getting back at her rear end in a top hat boyfriend.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The show is called Your Lie in April. I mean it's right there when you click to watch it. http://www.crunchyroll.com/your-lie-in-april

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
This is loving tense, Amagi has just challenged Log Horizon to a duel
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/111996868/video/glassesevolution.webm

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Lie in April was pretty good and now I'm having a hard time convincing myself to not just binge read all the manga.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Your Lie in April was pretty good and now I'm having a hard time convincing myself to not just binge read all the manga.

i think the manga is still ongoing, and it looks like the anime will probably pass up what is translated

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sakurazuka posted:

I have been following the manga since april last year and i decided to re-read it today. If I were you I would probably wait and watch it, as its really not translated very far at all.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Ore Twintail might be giving me the biggest doofiest grin of the season. Definitely watching till the end.

Getting a Symphogear vibe from some of designs and action.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

SC Bracer posted:

It's really bad. I looked it up to see if it got any better, and no. gently caress that show. It's kind of baffling to me why shoujo has so many rapey/abusive male leads, considering that the genre is literally aimed at young girls, and often written by female authors.
Isn't there an anime where the male lead is literally the female lead's pet or familiar or whatever. It's almost as if women can make fetishistic anime too. :monocle:

What I saw it wasn't very offensive, just stupid. The only thing that stands out is the really weird gray area blackmail. On one hand he's technically protecting a secret for favors, but on the other he's not the one instigating it and to protect it he has to actively give her huge favors too. He seems more like just a dick than an abusive criminal dick, which is a pretty big difference in my mind. I remember immediately dropping Kare Kano because they guy blackmailed the girl into being his girlfriend, since that's a really loving retarded way to start a romance show.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think the manga is still ongoing, and it looks like the anime will probably pass up what is translated

The mangas ending in like December I think so I think the anime is gonna cover the whole story.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll stick to the anime then if there's a decent chance I wont have to read the manga to find out how it ends anyway.

Twintails anime second best comedy of the season.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

SC Bracer posted:

Mercrom posted:

It's almost as if women can make fetishistic anime too. :monocle:

You don't even need to look at anime for this, just look at all the trashy romance novels we have in america. Unhealthy relationships all over.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Holy crap, Shirobako is actually pretty cool. Look at those sweet powerslides! It's the show I didn't know I wanted.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 10, 2014

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

coathat posted:

The mangas ending in like December
In the next spring, actually.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what was the show this season that's like barakamon

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

Google it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

There really isn't one but Gugure! Kokkuri-san was compared because it's the same voice actor being plagued by child.

• Locked thread