Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BlackMK4 posted:

3m bra on the 335D... front bumper got hit in a parking lot, tons of paint transfer but the bumper wasn't damaged. Pulled the clear bra off and there wasn't a mark on the bumper, hell the 3M wasn't even ripped.

Ya, the 3m has been outstanding. I'm just wondering how a vinyl wrap holds up compared to it. Its about 700 bucks to do the full 18" hood/bumper/headlights/fenders vs roughly the same cost to do a full car wrap correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
A full car wrap is going to run you a lot more than $700...

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

veedubfreak posted:

Ya, the 3m has been outstanding. I'm just wondering how a vinyl wrap holds up compared to it. Its about 700 bucks to do the full 18" hood/bumper/headlights/fenders vs roughly the same cost to do a full car wrap correct?

2k to 3k for full vehicle wrap anyone willing to do it for less is going to do a lovely job. The materials alone are going to be 800 to 1000 for a golf r

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I did an entire car myself for £250.

It looked exactly as you'd expect.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ah, so it's a 3m bra and wax again eh :)

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
I haven't posted here in ages.
Took some shots of my E81 a couple of months ago.

Hermansen fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 8, 2014

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Goddamn, it's like everyone here has a BMW. It's making me want to buy a used one for a daily driver, but the '04 X5 I had was a money pit when it came to any repairs that were needed.

I have a company car; base model 2013 Chevy Equinox. Hot ride, let me tell you.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Sorry I am a bad photo taker.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sex Weirdo posted:

Sorry I am a bad photo taker.

Nice BMW.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
My ride won me three Canadian slalom trophies this year. (CDN National CS class win, Provincial Stock class win, 2nd overall PAX for the provincial championship) Got me doing track days too.

All I did was buy it and put tires on it.

Very impressed with it.

now to fix the vanos

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nice Jet

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
My new winter/daily/Miata-supplement and big stuff carrier for work in Boulder of course:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Ziploc posted:

My ride won me three Canadian slalom trophies this year. (CDN National CS class win, Provincial Stock class win, 2nd overall PAX for the provincial championship) Got me doing track days too.

All I did was buy it and put tires on it.

Very impressed with it.

now to fix the vanos

Beat those toyobaru jerkoffs! :respek:

(content)

I got killed this season. Next year, hoosiers :v:

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

bmw autox club :whatup:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The broomstick test, what about the broomstick test.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

Oh, are those hoops more than just ornamental? I would have assumed that they were just for show, so anyone with a head would fail the broomstick test because it would go between the windshield frame and the rear deck :v:

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

the what

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Lay a broomstick between the windshield frame and the roll bar. If your helmet doesn't touch the broomstick, congratulations! You might not die if you roll it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
AutoX doesn't require rollbars.

Edit: well, on stockish cars.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Don't some of the German convertible have pop up roll bars? As in there's a little explosive charge that extends them and they lock in the extended position in the case of a rollover? I swear I remember seeing crash photos with the head loops / roll bars extended.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Bajaha posted:

Don't some of the German convertible have pop up roll bars? As in there's a little explosive charge that extends them and they lock in the extended position in the case of a rollover? I swear I remember seeing crash photos with the head loops / roll bars extended.

Yes, several do. The 911 for example has pop-up roll bars.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

Bajaha posted:

Don't some of the German convertible have pop up roll bars?

They're not the only ones. :smuggo:

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
My poor person 325i after a fresh wax. Doesn't look bad for a 2006 with 135k miles, now if I could just sell the drat thing so I can buy another Wrangler my life would be complete.

Guru Yaekob fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 10, 2014

LessThanThree
May 2, 2005

'till infinity
Great day for a drive today

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Found a couple pics of my T-Bird out at Cars and Coffee on a photog's site. They're a bit older but not much has changed on the exterior since then. Amazing how the right camera and filters makes a car look even better.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
I got summer wheels just in time for winter. I also purchased some used coilovers and will be autocrossing in STX next year.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 17, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Very nice ^ ..RPF1's look great on just about anything.

Washed the Max, then found a great dusty gravel road to drive down and snap a couple pics. Plastidipped the grill and lower rear bumper black a couple weeks ago.

Really want to get some M37 wheels and an SE spoiler. Considered an exhaust but I'm not 100% sold on the idea.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kill-9 posted:

Found a couple pics of my T-Bird out at Cars and Coffee on a photog's site. They're a bit older but not much has changed on the exterior since then. Amazing how the right camera and filters makes a car look even better.

That is loving TIGHT, son.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

angryhampster posted:

Very nice ^ ..RPF1's look great on just about anything.

For sure, they are like the other TE37 of wheels.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

angryhampster posted:

RPF1's look great on just about anything.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

One of my favourite wheels of all time. Annoyingly they don't suit e46 Ms though and I ended up with nt03s for that very reason.
Which suspension did you go for on your ft86?

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

I finally have something to post in this drat forum. Megane RB8. I think I'm in love.

(Bigger)

jediguy fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 18, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The last time I saw (or bothered looking for) a Megane was almost a decade ago, and they were ugly little shelf-assed cars. Looks like they were just an ugly ducking waiting to turn into a swan, wow.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Which suspension did you go for on your ft86?

They're Lance Keeley's old Feal coilovers.

For wheels, I would have preferred to get the 17x9 Team Dynamics Pro Race for their looks, but they're bricks, 7 lbs heavier each than the RPF1.
In the Rocky Mountain region there is already a white FR-S with these gold wheels, so I'll become the twinsie. Oh well.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Chriskory posted:

I got summer wheels just in time for winter. I also purchased some used coilovers and will be autocrossing in STX next year.

17x9+45? They look flat face which are the 9" spec. How do you like them so far?

I ask because I think that's the exact wheel I've looked at getting for my BRZ.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

jediguy posted:

I finally have something to post in this drat forum. Megane RB8. I think I'm in love.

I lust after these every time I see them. Awesome, awesome car

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Mat_Drinks posted:

17x9+45? They look flat face which are the 9" spec. How do you like them so far?

I ask because I think that's the exact wheel I've looked at getting for my BRZ.

Yes, they're 17x9 +45.
I believe if you call Oakos automotive and beg for some discounts they'd probably give the lowest price, but I got these used on the FT86 forum for $800.

They're good. the 235/45/17 Dunlop that came with the car when I got it feels less squirmy.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 18, 2014

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Chriskory posted:

Yes, they're 17x9 +45.
I believe if you call Oakos automotive and beg for some discounts they'd probably give the lowest price, but I got these used on the FT86 forum for $800.

They're good. the 235/45/17 Dunlop that came with the car when I got it feels less squirmy.

Yeah, Oakos is who I'd still been looking at. Did you put TPMS sensors in or are you just dealing with the light?

I had to laugh at your 'squirmy' comment as I think it's funny how much the car likes to keep you on yours toes at speed and in the wet :)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I just got this thing:

I hadn't driven a manual trans car since sometime before 2007. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I just got this thing: