Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Weembles posted:

If anyone is going to the San Diego Comic-Con, Scharpling is scheduled to be on the Steven Universe panel on Saturday.

His after action report of this would have been one of his greatest shows ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

His after action report of this would have been one of his greatest shows ever.

Yeah, I loved the Beatles convention story. There's been so much going on this year that I wish the show had been around for. If you're not following him on Facebook, it's worth reading the post where he riles up Tom Waits fans again. Even a WFMU dj I'd never heard of got offended.

Meanwhile, the fact that Anthony Cumia is already starting his independent show less than a month after getting fired proves that the world is an unfair, lovely place.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Check out the 28 second mark in this Derek Jeter commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X03_bNuihLU

James Dente
Nov 29, 2003
Awful Things Ate My Head
Not to mention Big Time Spike Lee and, at 0:41, the loving Jazz Man himself.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why is Michael Jordan on Derek Jeter shoes?

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
The Gizmos are playing Goner Fest 11 and Kid Jersey interviewed them for the event.

http://www.goner-records.com/gonerfest/GONERFEST%2011/GF_11_MP3s/GIZMOS_GF11-INTERVIEW_KENNE_ON_KENNE.mp3

So if you missed Tom's voice, you hear a few seconds of it. I'd like the hear the entire thing.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Oh man the Tom Comes Crawling Back To WFMU episode just came on randomly and it's so beautiful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tom on Facebook cracks me up. He posts the stupidest poo poo and never responds to anyone. Right now he's whining about losing his old iPod and people are offering to give him one and he's just kind off in his own world.

I think he's one of the funniest dudes on earth but he is way worse than Micy Dolenz irl. He just relishes in his pseudo celebrity so much that he makes Lowtax seem pretty cool by comparison.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

He gets up to the same stuff on Twitter. For the last two days he has been responding to anyone in his feed who makes even the mildest joke with "POINTS!!!"

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Actually, the POINTS!!! bit is great

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

Tom on Facebook cracks me up. He posts the stupidest poo poo and never responds to anyone. Right now he's whining about losing his old iPod and people are offering to give him one and he's just kind off in his own world.

I think he's one of the funniest dudes on earth but he is way worse than Micy Dolenz irl. He just relishes in his pseudo celebrity so much that he makes Lowtax seem pretty cool by comparison.

Counterpoint-- I've emailed him a couple of times about various things, and he's written back each time and has been a super nice, cool dude. I think his approach to random pepole responding to his twitter/facebook is pretty sane, actually.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Based on the few interactions I've had with Tom on the Internet, he seems like a cool dude.

Kelfeftaf fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 18, 2014

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

been almost a year, still hasn't done anything new after the best show.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

been almost a year, still hasn't done anything new after the best show.

He tipped his cap to Derek Jeter! That's hardly 'nothing new.' What kind of monstrous taskmaster are you?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Not to mention that his free time is probably limited since he got demoted to third shift at Consolidated Cardboard.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
He directed that Neal Patrick Harris Heineken commercial that you've probably seen at least a dozen times if you watch TV.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
He better hurry up because I only have 6 1/2 more years worth of archive shows before I reach the point when I started listening originally.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Kelfeftaf posted:

He directed that Neal Patrick Harris Heineken commercial that you've probably seen at least a dozen times if you watch TV.

I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy looking at these magazines.

What?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

quote:

@scharpling

BZZZZT…… BZZZZZT….. BZZZZZTTT…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZcn3Qt1xI
…… (fuse pop)…. BZZZZZZT…. [END OF LINE]

Please mean what I think it means.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I haven't been this excited about a Barenaked Ladies video since I was 12 years old and didn't realize it was just a dumb canadian band with a dumb name and bad songs.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
Scharpling posted a new version of the collage here in celebration of the 14th birthday of the show: http://www.mixcloud.com/Scharpling/10-10-2014-birthday/

There's a song near the end that indicates they're totally working on coming back full force.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Unbootable posted:

Scharpling posted a new version of the collage here in celebration of the 14th birthday of the show: http://www.mixcloud.com/Scharpling/10-10-2014-birthday/

There's a song near the end that indicates they're totally working on coming back full force.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

HE'S BACK.

EDIT: POI- POINTS!

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 10, 2014

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
More to come at 9 AM EST apparently.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I'm so loving psyched

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Didn't realise how much I'd missed listening to Frankie Teardrop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do it up Tom. I hate not being able to look forward to The Best Show every week. it was pretty much my favorite thing ever and I just want it to not be gone anymore.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
53 MINUTES

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I CAN'T REFRESH TOM'S TWITTER FAST ENOUGH.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

POINTS!!!!!!!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
No AP Mike is back poster...

Fortunately

quote:

And understand this - IT WILL ALL BE BACK. @APMike WILL BE BACK. Phone calls will be back. It will ALL BE BACK. #BestShow2014

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I was really hoping for more information and/or something to sign up for or buy, but the important thing is Best Show 2014 will be a reality (universe permitting).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Disgustingly excited about this.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
gently caress yes.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I'm so excited I bought a new forums avatar.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
:ssh: he's not mayor anymore!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hell yeah! I wonder what format they are going to use.

Edit: The mouse in a cape would also make a great av for someone. I'd use it myself if I wasn't dead broke right now.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 10, 2014

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
He's mayor of MY HEART okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

All of those Hardwick clips in the new collage? Best Show 2014 is definitely gonna be on the Nerdist Network.