Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

365 Nog Hogger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZEXaqme7j8

Did a little video of a race involving all of the non-racecar non-SemiTruck mod cars I have racing around vallelunga club, with me driving the lone Kunos car, the E30 M3.

I love seeing older cars being raced, is this AC btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

simosimo posted:

I love seeing older cars being raced, is this AC btw?

Yup! To be honest, of all the fun cars in that video, the one I have the most fun driving (other than the E30) might be the seat Ibiza:

95 horses of fury

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I know its not really a sim, but I've made a thread for Wreckfest, or as it was known, Next Car Game. The just added MP and its an absolute blast!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670241

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

tehsid posted:

I know its not really a sim, but I've made a thread for Wreckfest, or as it was known, Next Car Game. The just added MP and its an absolute blast!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670241

Ha, I was actually thinking of making a thead about it seeing as they finally chose a name. Good work

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Find Forums User GutBomb over in one of the various Forza threads. He may have a G27 to sell.

This guy is correct. I have a g27 that I bought earlier this year that I don't need anymore and I'd let it go for $150+ shopping costs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I ordered my Fanatec CSW v2 with a GT rim. Now I just wait a few months.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Accuforce or bust.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't have 2000 dollars lying around. The fanatec is also a real thing, and not just some prototypes in some videos.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cojawfee posted:

I don't have 2000 dollars lying around. The fanatec is also a real thing, and not just some prototypes in some videos.

Not yet it isn't.

Please fanatec send me my code and take my money!

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I finally broke down and bought rFactor 2 and have been having a blast with the classic open wheel cars. It's a shame this game looks like rear end visually, because the feel is so SO good.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Rumours of Assetto Corsa's imminent release are doing the rounds, looks like a lot of the graphical bells and whistles have been put it as well. It's looking more respectable now I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDcNHBe9oAs&t=100s

http://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-release-candidate-news/

The AC Cobra that was a mod is now also official content with a few physics tweaks from Kunos, good stuff.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The release candidate is supposed to come out in a few days.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-release-candidate-news/

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Content lists (via racedepartment):

Content in 1.0 posted:

Abarth 500 EsseEsse
Abarth 500 EsseEsse S1 (upgrade*)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
BMW 1 Series M Coupè
BMW 1 Series M Coupè S3 (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution S1 (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution Drift (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E30 Group A
BMW M3 E30 Group A 1992 version
(upgrade*)
BMW M3 E92
BMW M3 E92 S1 (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E92 Drift (upgrade*)
BMW M3 E92 GT2
BMW Z4 E89 35is
BMW Z4 E89 35is S1 (upgrade*)
BMW Z4 E89 35is Drift (upgrade*)
BMW Z4 GT3
Classic Team Lotus Type 49
Classic Team Lotus Type 98T
Ferrari F1 312T
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Italia S3 (upgrade*)
Ferrari 458 GT2
Ferrari 599XX Evo
Ferrari F40
Ferrari F40 S3 (upgrade*)
Ferrari LaFerrari
KTM X-BOW R
Lotus Elise SC
Lotus Elise SC S1 (upgrade*)
Lotus Elise SC S2 (upgrade*)
Lotus Evora GTC
Lotus Evora GTE
Lotus Evora GTE Carbon
Lotus Evora GX
Lotus Evora S
Lotus Evora S S2 (upgrade*)
Lotus Evora SR
Lotus Exige 240R
Lotus Exige 240R S3 (upgrade*)
Lotus Exige S
Lotus Exige S Roadster
Lotus Exige Scura
Lotus Exos 125
Lotus Exos 125 S1 (upgrade**)
McLaren MP4-12C
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes AMG SLS
Mercedes AMG SLS GT3
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R
AC Shelby Cobra 427S/C
Tatuus Formula Abarth

Drag strip
Drift test circuit
Nurburgring GP
Nurburgring Sprint
Imola “Enzo & Dino Ferrari”
Magione
Autodromo di Monza
Monza historic 1966
Mugello
Silverstone
Silverstone International
Silverstone National
Spa Francorchamps
Trento Bondone hill climb
Vallelunga
Vallelunga Club

FREE CONTENT AFTER 1.0 Release! posted:

Zandvoort
Ruf Yellowbird
Nissan GTR
Corvette stingray C7
Silverstone historical 60s
Monza 1962
Abarth 595ss vintage
Abarth 500 Assetto Corse (race car)
Toyota GT86
Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5
Audi R8 Plus (2014)
Audi S1 Quattro
Lotus Exige R-Cup
Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione
2012 Hybrid

Dream Pack DLC posted:

Nurburgring Nordschleife
Sauber Mercedes C9
Corvette C7R GTE
Nissan GTR GT3
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
McLaren P1
McLaren F1 GTR
Ruf RT 35 S
Mercedes 190 E 2.6-16 Evolution 2
I am so excited for the Alfa GTA and the 190E, even if the dream pack is probably 8 months away.

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 10, 2014

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm starting to look forward to it now, my DK2 has just arrived and support will be in.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Does it have a campaign mode yet?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

365 Nog Hogger posted:

"FREE CONTENT AFTER 1.0 Release!" posted:

Audi S1 Quattro
There is no :getin: big enough.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
There is no :getin: big enough.
[/quote]

It's the new one. :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is AC playable/fun with a 360 controller? I'm not looking to get a wheel but have been looking for something to replace Forza as I certainly won't be buying an Xbone specifically to play it.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

explosivo posted:

Is AC playable/fun with a 360 controller? I'm not looking to get a wheel but have been looking for something to replace Forza as I certainly won't be buying an Xbone specifically to play it.

Haven't played AC a lot yet but the five hours I've spent with it have been just fine with my 360 controller.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

explosivo posted:

It is. Not nearly as good as with a wheel, but I put 80 hours into it with a 360 pad before getting a wheel, and the guy who made probably the best mod car for the game (the cobra so good Kunos bought the model and made it official) has said he primarily plays with a 360 controller. As for it being a Forza replacement... It kinda isn't. There are far fewer cars, no upgrading, no grinding, and no career mode until release.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Oh. :sigh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

365 Nog Hogger posted:

There are far fewer cars, no upgrading, no grinding, and no career mode until release.

Totally agree with you but this just made me remember that the mods will come thick and fast soon and I can't wait for that :getin:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

explosivo posted:

As a hotlapper, yes, a controller will fit the role and be fun. Just go straight to the fast cars, ohoho.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Now that was a true disappointment just now. It reminds me though, given the iconic sound of the S1, have the improvements to the sound engine materialized yet?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

explosivo posted:

This is me right here. I'm looking to build a new pc in the next few months (I apparently dont even meet the minimum requirements for AC or PCARS :saddowns: ) and would like to know if either AC or PCARS is even remotely going to be a good replacement for Forza 4?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

365 Nog Hogger posted:

It is. Not nearly as good as with a wheel, but I put 80 hours into it with a 360 pad before getting a wheel, and the guy who made probably the best mod car for the game (the cobra so good Kunos bought the model and made it official) has said he primarily plays with a 360 controller. As for it being a Forza replacement... It kinda isn't. There are far fewer cars, no upgrading, no grinding, and no career mode until release.

It was fine until an update seems to have broken steering for me, it works ok but as soon as I try to put on any corrective lock it just seems to slam the steering on full lock causing me to spin. I havent realy had the time to mess with the game to get it working again, i'd rather it just worked tbh, couldnt realy find anything on the official forums for the problem I was having.

Should realy just borrow my friends G27 but I just dont have the space to use a wheel.

Basticle posted:

This is me right here. I'm looking to build a new pc in the next few months (I apparently dont even meet the minimum requirements for AC or PCARS :saddowns: ) and would like to know if either AC or PCARS is even remotely going to be a good replacement for Forza 4?

Honestly youd be better off just waiting for a cheap xbox one and getting FM5 and horizon 2.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
edit: oops quote is not eidit

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Maybe by the time Forza 6 comes out the One will be $300 and a not-poo poo wheel will be available for G27 money.

:(

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I am so excited for the Alfa GTA and the 190E, even if the dream pack is probably 8 months away.

Really? I thought it was coming out not long after 1.0 dropped.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Honestly there's no good replacement for Forza. If you like an abundance of unique and interesting cars with shitloads of fun upgrades, engine swaps, drivetrain conversions, etc., then it's really the only game there is. Maybe there's other games with better physics and graphics here and there, but nothing else captures that feel of buying and tuning shitboxes and racing them against modern, faster cars.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

L_Harrison posted:

Honestly there's no good replacement for Forza. If you like an abundance of unique and interesting cars with shitloads of fun upgrades, engine swaps, drivetrain conversions, etc., then it's really the only game there is. Maybe there's other games with better physics and graphics here and there, but nothing else captures that feel of buying and tuning shitboxes and racing them against modern, faster cars.

Yeah, I can never go back to driving in games like forza/nfs/grid after going the sim path, but I really miss that part. :-/

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In time the mod scene will provide cars / mods / tracks etc that will never even be considered for a AAA racing game so there is that I guess.
But they are two different kinds of game really, they could sit along side each other in your collection and scratch different itches entirely.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo_SDyWuqM

e: "[1.0]is weeks, not months [away]" "the RUF is weeks from done"

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 11, 2014

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

peter gabriel posted:

In time the mod scene will provide cars / mods / tracks etc that will never even be considered for a AAA racing game so there is that I guess.
But they are two different kinds of game really, they could sit along side each other in your collection and scratch different itches entirely.

The Gran Turismo series has always had interesting cars but I never know how much love they'll get to make them unique, especially since the whole 'premium' and 'standard' cars fiasco.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Apparently Fanatec will be making existing wheels compatible with the xbox one.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Falken posted:

Apparently Fanatec will be making existing wheels compatible with the xbox one.

Did they release new details? Last I heard was that using old clubsport rims on the new clubsport base would work on the xbone but that was it. If they have a way to use my gt2 on the xbone I'll be very happy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"Existing wheels" means the new CSW v2 base and maybe the v1 base. Not anything else. They can add the chip that makes it work on the xbone or PS4 to a new wheel rim. You attach that wheel rim to the base and then the base is able to connect to a console. The older wheels that can't use these quick release wheels won't be able to work on the new consoles.

This means you have to buy the new base and also buy an xbone wheel rim. I assume the xbone rim works on PC as well.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cojawfee posted:

"Existing wheels" means the new CSW v2 base and maybe the v1 base. Not anything else. They can add the chip that makes it work on the xbone or PS4 to a new wheel rim. You attach that wheel rim to the base and then the base is able to connect to a console. The older wheels that can't use these quick release wheels won't be able to work on the new consoles.

This means you have to buy the new base and also buy an xbone wheel rim. I assume the xbone rim works on PC as well.

I'm pretty sure for xbone it's v2 base only, but any rim (v1 or v2) will work. The specific compatibility in the rim itself will apply to ps4 and will still require a v2 base. I got this from fanatec's replies to comments on their Facebook page.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

GutBomb posted:

Did they release new details? Last I heard was that using old clubsport rims on the new clubsport base would work on the xbone but that was it. If they have a way to use my gt2 on the xbone I'll be very happy.

Not that I'm aware of, and it doesn't sound consistent with the wording in their previous announcement.

fanatec posted:

Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Here is what they said on Facebook

Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. 

By current wheels I'm assuming they mean clubsport compatible rims.

• Locked thread