Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Nice avatar, Sandweed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Sandweed posted:

I ran out of T3 Ext keys and have no Nyx chassis to show for it.
I have a fair few remaining if you want help. I need T3MD in a bad way though, haha.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I blew through 600k credits this morning before work transmuting trying to get Blind Justice. ...sigh, I'm Sprecherscrow and I'm a melee addict. Thought after I picked up Hate I would be done with actively seeking that smokey bastard. Anyone know the drop percentage for it? Can't be too bad with it being an uncommon.

I'm hoping they change some of the preexisting stances to alter your quick melee though, that would be rad.

Edit: Have they announced a new use for Cryotic on the way soon? Perhaps Archwing related?

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 9, 2014

Turbonerd
Feb 18, 2014
I like that excavation has finally returned, I prefer it to survival. I ran the earth mission with pubbies for about fifteen minutes or so and the rewards seemed decent for the amount of effort input, 2-3 T3 keys plus a rare fusion core.

I still didn't get a neurode like I wanted, though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I have a fair few remaining if you want help. I need T3MD in a bad way though, haha.

We can trade some, I haven't even started do dip into my MD supply.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
I'm basically dead from the neck up AND down and I can still Warframe about due to being able to push buttons repeatedly and aim my ninja's face in oriented directions, it's like golfing with teddy bears made of meat.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
Haven't had a chance to test this in game yet, but how do Mirage's copies handle the penta grenades? Do they drop a bunch of grenades that go off when triggered as well? So you can get like ~9.5 grenades per trigger press?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That is exactly how it works, yes.

Also the new Redirection has 600 shields at max rank, but with a max Redirection it could have anywhere from 875(if a maxed Redirection's bonous only applies to the base shield count) to 2250(if it applies to the maxed shield count).

I'm hoping it's 2250 cuz maxing 2 10-rank mods, one of which is a rare, is kind of a hassle.

For other people.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Yeah I briefly considered dropping one of my legendary cores on it, but I prefer dogs anyway, so I'll save them for the inevitable rare 10 Archwing equivalent of Redirection or Serration.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Panzerkin3D posted:

Haven't had a chance to test this in game yet, but how do Mirage's copies handle the penta grenades? Do they drop a bunch of grenades that go off when triggered as well? So you can get like ~9.5 grenades per trigger press?

:eng101: And unless they changed it, it's only your own Penta shot that can harm you when it's triggered; the copies won't hurt you at all.

Nethris
Mar 28, 2010

TheTechnoTurian posted:

I like that excavation has finally returned, I prefer it to survival. I ran the earth mission with pubbies for about fifteen minutes or so and the rewards seemed decent for the amount of effort input, 2-3 T3 keys plus a rare fusion core.

I still didn't get a neurode like I wanted, though.

Excavation seems to use a similar loot system to survival, with the 3rd, 7th, 11th, etc rewards being keys from what I've seen. Considering that those rewards can take under 2 minutes each if power doesn't run out and that up to 3 can be worked on at once, it's very fast to get keys compared to other modes.

Oh, and the Phobos excavation map tiles seem to be a bit buggy, we've seen one generate with no scanner (and possibly no spots to excavate if there was a scanner), and one generate that only had a single excavation tile with 3 excavation spots that it just kept reusing, all right next to the scanner and with only a single cave spawning 99% of the enemies.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

And it was glorious, thanks to a nyx we made it to level 80 grineer napalms one shooting us.

EDIT: There is Dark Sector excavations now instead of survival, anyone wanna farm some neural sensors?

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 10, 2014

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Sandweed posted:

And it was glorious, thanks to a nyx we made it to level 80 grineer napalms one shooting us.

EDIT: There is Dark Sector excavations now instead of survival, anyone wanna farm some neural sensors?

Are there infested with power cells strapped to their backs for some reason?

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

I must do this excavation tonight. It sounds hilarious.

Speed Nova for the win! Infested exploding in neon pink glory forever!

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 10, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
bad news: dark sector Excavation isn't Infested and they aren't on Jupiter so you can't get neural sensors from them.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

bad news: dark sector Excavation isn't Infested and they aren't on Jupiter so you can't get neural sensors from them.

I made the mistake of pugging the one on earth.

I didn't ever remember level 11 Grineer hitting so drat hard. It just felt... I dunno. Actually sorta hard? I guess I bring a frame that isn't an Elk next time.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Hey, does any cool goon have a spare Loki P Chassis, preferably even 2, they would be willing to part with for free or cheap?

My friend and I have seriously clocked in over 1,200 minutes at T1S trying to obtain it and I'm getting kind of sick of T1S.

EDIT: NEVERMIND WE FINALLY loving GOT IT

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 10, 2014

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

Missile Volley Design Article: https://warframe.com/news/road-archwing-missile-volley

That ended up being not nearly as noteworthy as I thought it would be. Still interesting to read though.

Edit: Removed quoted text.

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 10, 2014

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Additions:
New Shifting Sands Tactical Alert! Our operatives have discovered an unusually rich Cryotic deposit in a remote region of the Phobos desert…
Tactical Alert will run until Tuesday the 14th at 12pm EDT.

Changes:
Reduced the amount of tile duplication seen in Forest and Settlement Excavation missions.
Affinity bonuses will no longer be awarded on failed mission.
Fixes:
Fixed an issue with Excavators not always appearing right away when entering the objective area during Excavation missions.
Fixed an issue with Excavation sites being layered on top of each other during Excavation missions.
Fixed an invite exploit that would allow players to enter Conclaves despite not having the proper level requirement.
Fixed an issue with Conclave ratings not properly updating when equipping/unequipping mods.
Fixed an issue with sale items in the Market not properly displaying the discount %.
Fixed Ash’s Bladestorm being continually in use when casted while holding a power cell/datamass.
Fixed players window repositioning upon changing in-game settings.
Fixed Grineer Capture Target showing a Corpus model in Codex.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What was the reward for the last Tactical Alert?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
The last one was some boring stuff and the Latron Wraith, I think

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
wait no it was the lovely slash mods and the lovely dagger sorry I tried to block that from memory

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

a cat on an apple posted:

wait no it was the lovely slash mods and the lovely dagger sorry I tried to block that from memory
At least that's better than the one that just gave out a 3 day affinity booster.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

CrashCat posted:

At least that's better than the one that just gave out a 3 day affinity booster.

:v:

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
That one irritated me because I didn't know what the reward was so I finished the event on the first day. Surprise affinity booster when I'm gonna be gone all weekend sucks.

For the love of all that is good, sweet, and pure....I just want something that gives me more than one Orokin Cell at a time. I could trade literally any other resource at a 10-1 ratio for those and still be fine on everything else.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Still better, at least you get a lovely badge to keep.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Still better, at least you get a lovely badge to keep.

Or increment the number on a lovely badge you already have!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The lovely slash mods and Latron Wraith were for Gate Crash. The previous Tactical Alert was a credit booster, the one where you fought Hyenas.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

Latron Wraith + Cold Mods = Cryotic Front

Skeev + Slash Mods = Gate Crash

And honestly, the Slash Mods were actually quite good as long as the total damage from the weapon was over 75% Slash (vs a 90% element mod) or 50% Slash (vs a 60% elemental mod)

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 11, 2014

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I hope this mode is just bugged as hell.

NOTE THAT WE WERE SPLIT UP AND THESE ARE REDUCED SPAWNS

also the excavators spawn infinite Desert Skates around them, bring a good nuker

(also note that I'm taking absolutely no damage, take that you Zephyr haters :smuggo:)

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

That looks like a job for Nova. Pop one and watch them all drop.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I hope this mode is just bugged as hell.

NOTE THAT WE WERE SPLIT UP AND THESE ARE REDUCED SPAWNS

also the excavators spawn infinite Desert Skates around them, bring a good nuker

(also note that I'm taking absolutely no damage, take that you Zephyr haters :smuggo:)

I just did a game where we went to 2000 cryotic and left, and we killed a combined total of over 2000 bad guys. It's insane.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

Lassitude posted:

I just did a game where we went to 2000 cryotic and left, and we killed a combined total of over 2000 bad guys. It's insane.

That sounds awesome. I hope they don't patch it before I get home and can run this tonight.

Question: What is the conclave limit to run it in hard mode?

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 11, 2014

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Is it bad that I'm almost tempted to just not care about fleeting expertise now that I have that x10 blueprint for energy restores?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
No, it's not bad. You need to lower your Conclave to 700, but can otherwise do it all in one run.

I don't know if our run was super buggy and lovely or if their hotfix to Excavation missions actually made them worse, but it was.. An interesting ordeal. Just bring a Frost/Zephyr and some form of nukes and you'll be fine. (Zephyr is actually preferable because of the massive amounts of Desert Skate).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Or you can Radial Blind everything forever.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
That, too, is an option. Radial Disarm works as well.

edit: Here's another picture I took during the event that turned out pretty well (I was just kind of mashing the screenshot button while watching the Excavator that fell on my head when I wasn't ready die rapidly:)

The points where the map stops being visible are about halfway to the other two Excavator spawn points. We had all of three spawn points on the map and spent multiple minutes travelling to and fro. I think they messed something very slightly up in their hotfix. Just a little.

(A shame, because it would have been interesting if anything could have spawned besides Arid Hellion and Desert Skates.)

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 11, 2014

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
There are Zephyr haters? :what: She's immune to bullets, has high HP and shields, and she has physics that feel like cheating. What's to hate?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

That, too, is an option. Radial Disarm works as well.

Yeah, just got done using radial disarm like mad. I don't think I ever got hit at all, and the extractor never went below 300 shields that I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
A handful of pages back someone said she's not great or something along those lines.

I personally feel this is blasphemy.