Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Darth TNT posted:

What is the guy that attacked first doing all this time?

Oh, he's actually dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Advice posted:

Oh, he's actually dead.

That, or he's still getting impaled by his clothes.

Man, it'd be great to see him a bit out of frame the whole time, dying painfully.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That, or he's still getting impaled by his clothes.

Man, it'd be great to see him a bit out of frame the whole time, dying painfully.

He'll survive when he becomes Sternritter P: The Pincushion.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Pretty sure he was referring to the hot springs Squad Zero member, as he was the only one of them not in this chapter.

As for what he's doing? Standing somewhere being unimportant, no doubt (or secretly doing something important).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fhate posted:

Pretty sure he was referring to the hot springs Squad Zero member, as he was the only one of them not in this chapter.

As for what he's doing? Standing somewhere being unimportant, no doubt (or secretly doing something important).

In Bleach, there is only Ichigo and various Aizens. Everyone else had might as well be blobs that make noise (besides, of course, Kenpachi and Mayuri).

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Not-Super Mayuri's corpse getting folded together into a ball and rolled away was kinda creepy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fhate posted:

He's secretly being unimportant.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
So X is basically Cain the Longshot?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I hope the cannon Ichigo and crew got shot through accidentally bursts through the cage of life.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I hope the cannon Ichigo and crew got shot through accidentally bursts through the cage of life.

This would actually be totally great, especially if they have to fend for themselves for a while.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fhate posted:

That was the guy I meant yes. IT's weird when everyone but him shows up.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Not really caring about all this poo poo until Aizen jumps up through the hole in heaven Ichigo made.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Some random character needs to reveal that they are actually Aizen. Or better yet, every minor character.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I hope YWACH reveals that he is Aizen and that Aizen killed him in the prison and took his place.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The_Frag_Man posted:

I hope YWACH reveals that he is Aizen and that Aizen killed him in the prison and took his place.

I would be okay with this.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The_Frag_Man posted:

I'd frankly be disappointed if this wasn't what happened.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That lost time thing? That was just how YHWACH perceived Aizen switching places with him and then hypnotizing both of them into thinking they were the other person. He is Aizen but doesn't even know it. Or maybe he really is a totally boring muttonchop man who never does anything and will be defeated via Ichigo awakening to a whole new level of sword-pressing for no raisin.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I really don't want to give that big of a poo poo about a lovely rewrite of Yu Yu Hakusho, but if you've fooled yourself into thinking a thousand year old archer is the big bad I don't know what to say.

You did notice that Aizen wasn't given a death sentence, right? The guy is like Morgoth at this point, and it has been established that an arrogant mortal hosed with him. Morgoth is loose. Now it is just a matter of when he makes a play.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Also Kubo said in an interview that Aizen not being dead was important to the plot going forward.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I hope they get to the Soul King and it is just Aizen sitting there

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Well, he has yet to show his checkov's gun of a bankai. That's why I feel he's still in it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've got a feeling that Aizen will be important again, because him regaining any sort of relevance would be completely awful. And Bleach doesn't have the best track record of being better than completely awful for extended periods of time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sizemore is going to pop up from the Quincy shadows as soon as Bach gets close to the soul society king.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Well, he has yet to show his checkov's gun of a bankai. That's why I feel he's still in it.

Aizen was using his bankai the whole time. That's why it's complete hypnosis.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I don't know if I'll be relieved or angry if that happens.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Aizen actually came out on top at the end of the Deicide arc, and the rest of the manga since has just been the illusion he showed Ichigo to distract him so he could kill him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What happened to Momo was just a foreshadowing of what Aizen did to the Soul King.

The Aizen from Deicide who is now locked underground was the Soul King. The real Aizen accomplished his goal a long time ago.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What happened to Momo was just a foreshadowing of what Aizen did to the Soul King.

The Aizen from Deicide who is now locked underground was the Soul King. The real Aizen accomplished his goal a long time ago.

The only way this manga could redeem its self id if we get Aizen back, in the smuggest manner/rear end pull possible. It would be glorious.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

You know what the shinigami use to send messages? Butterflies.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Holy gently caress are they still on loving Namek is Aizen still the goddamn big bad?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Holy gently caress are they still on loving Namek is Aizen still the goddamn big bad?

No its Ichigo's Grandpa or maybe the Soul King or maybe Aizen

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm sure it's still Aizen.

It's always Aizen.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I want Aizen to reveal himself at the very end and for everyone to just give up because it's become too much of a hassle.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Foul Ole Ron posted:

The only way this manga could redeem its self id if we get Aizen back, in the smuggest manner/rear end pull possible. It would be glorious.

When Bach went to visit Aizen, Aizen actually brainwashed and switched places with him. At the most dramatic moment Bach is going to take off his mask and we'll cut away to Bach locked up in Aien's cell.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Lamebot posted:

Turns out Aizen's Bankai is the ability to create simulated universes, and all of Bleach is a figment of his imagination.

Or it allows him to break the fourth wall and gain awareness. He's been trying to escape the restraints of fiction this whole time! Ahh!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Really though I hope any further bankais we see are actually climatic and effective instead of a chapter end->2 page spread-> job out combo. I would rather just not see them than that.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Rukia at least didn't job out after activating hers, so that's one good new Bankai/other reveal out of
uh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Minus Green posted:

Rukia at least didn't job out after activating hers, so that's one good new Bankai/other reveal out of
uh

Rukia and Renji both had decent reveals. Probably, because they're actually somewhat prominent supporting cast members and Kubo actually cared about it.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 13, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Really though I hope any further bankais we see are actually climatic and effective instead of a chapter end->2 page spread-> job out combo. I would rather just not see them than that.

I still hope we get to see Urahara's bankai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Rukia and Renji won with their new bankais because they didn't explain out loud what they do.

• Locked thread