Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Agent Day is going to spend 90% of her time in Mayview tilting her head to the side confusedly with a polite smile on her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how Zack just strung two "oh dear what are we about to see next" page ends in a row :haw:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Suaimhneas posted:

Nice job establishing that there's no danger and then staying in that form while you stand around chatting for several minutes, Spender you huge dork. I can't wait to hear what Lucifer has to say about that.

Also the shrink ray gag is great

I feel like the fusion is changing his personality somewhat. His speech pattern feels different.

Also not sure what to make of Agent Day's apparently redundant introduction

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"Vorrp" is never a good sound.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Captain Oblivious posted:

I feel like the fusion is changing his personality somewhat. His speech pattern feels different.

He's been turned into a Dad. With the mustache and the dorky glasses.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

I like how Zack just strung two "oh dear what are we about to see next" page ends in a row :haw:

Well last page was more of a 'oh boy this is gonna be so goddamn ridiculous'.

And so it was.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, last page was "oh dear :allears:" and this page is "oh dear :ohdear:"

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Captain Oblivious posted:

Maybe because now she's meeting spirit fusion Spender, as opposed to day-to-day-dork Spender.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pffffffffft. Spender's face is so dorky. Good to see it didn't take long for Max to start doing sarcastic quips again.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
this comic's pacing has slowed to a crawl, but I have a hard time begrudging it with outfits like Spender's.

e:

(pity about the dialog bubble tail)

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 6, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

PleasingFungus posted:

this comic's pacing has slowed to a crawl, but I have a hard time begrudging it with outfits like Spender's.

e:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

______Go do something you hate, Calvin! Being miserable builds character!
__________/
_________/

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

PleasingFungus posted:

e:

Almost every webcomic has this issue, so I've learned to live with it. v:v:v

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You hitch a ride on the Ghost Train and he shows up? You're over.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Isabel making that "Yeah, what he said" face and gesture in the back. Perfect.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I was expecting a bird mask. I am not disappointed at being completely wrong.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Triskelli posted:

______Go do something you hate, Calvin! Being miserable builds character!
__________/
_________/

I want this avatar but...I love my current avatar. :(

So presumably Spender is either getting attacked by somebody or the Shadow Monster is coming out of him

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I want this avatar but...I love my current avatar. :(

So presumably Spender is either getting attacked by somebody or the Shadow Monster is coming out of him

Was Eightfold's portal Red? Because if portal color matches spectral color then Shadow monster's Black and that means Spender's been using Lucifer's powers to forcefully store the spirit inside himself (a yellow spectral).

It also means Max should back the gently caress up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, since she looked down when Spender said 'last time I saw you you were only this big' does this mean she's not blind after all?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So here's an interesting thing. Spender's Spirit Fusion was with both spirits, I think. Obviously Lucifer is the more powerful, so he takes the majority of the fusion's form, but the shadow spirit that's also trapped is also represented by the dark body within the cage that would otherwise be Spender's torso.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

So here's an interesting thing. Spender's Spirit Fusion was with both spirits, I think. Obviously Lucifer is the more powerful, so he takes the majority of the fusion's form, but the shadow spirit that's also trapped is also represented by the dark body within the cage that would otherwise be Spender's torso.

It could just be the cage that the "bird" is sitting in.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

IUG posted:

It could just be the cage that the "bird" is sitting in.

Potentially, but Lucifer does keep it in check by projecting a shadow cage over it.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Hold up, so if it is the big bad shadow spirit that's about to bust out, and the Ghost Train is still in love with Max... Are we looking at a potential train vs. shadow throw down?

Whatever happens, Doc Zarei is not going to be happy about what's happened to her train.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's almost amazing to contemplate how Spender has failed this evening on pretty much every conceivable level.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Objection!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

It's almost amazing to contemplate how Spender has failed this evening on pretty much every conceivable level.

It's a true pleasure to finally meet Spender.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Phoenix Bright.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Cryophage posted:

Phoenix Bright.

:golfclap:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Ahahaha right in front of the agent sent by your boss to conduct an internal investigation of your behavior ahahaha oh Spender

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Ahahaha right in front of the agent sent by your boss to conduct an internal investigation of your behavior ahahaha oh Spender

It's OK, she didn't see any of it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Yeah, that was pretty dumb, Spender. At least it was dumb for the right reasons this time.

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=295

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yeah, that was pretty dumb, Spender. At least it was dumb for the right reasons this time.

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=295

Note that the hole hasn't closed so we're not really out of the woods yet.

Literally or figuratively!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I just realised, maybe Agent Day doesn't know she's the only one wearing a suity :(

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Poor Agent Day, spender just knocks her over and she has no idea wtf is going on, crawling around looking for her cane.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

So if you want to roast the shadow monster, you don't just need light, you need bright light. Like, if you don't have spender nearby you had better have a floodlight on hand.

I hope that at some point in the story the idea of a non-spectral agent is entertained. That would be interesting. It doesn't matter how powerful a spectral or spirit is if their attacks just whoosh right through their opponent. Of course, if it's a spirit that they're fighting they have to deal with not being able to see it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Goddammit, when are one of these supreme evil spirits going to possess Johnny?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Ariong posted:

So if you want to roast the shadow monster, you don't just need light, you need bright light. Like, if you don't have spender nearby you had better have a floodlight on hand.

I hope that at some point in the story the idea of a non-spectral agent is entertained. That would be interesting. It doesn't matter how powerful a spectral or spirit is if their attacks just whoosh right through their opponent. Of course, if it's a spirit that they're fighting they have to deal with not being able to see it.
I'm not sure it would even be possible for an agent to stay non-spectral for very long. I'm not sure, but I think extended periods near ghosts/spirits and the like can trigger someone becoming a spectral. Or they just end up getting possessed, like Max's dad almost did.

The closest I think you'd be able to get for a regular agent is one that doesn't use tools or is possessed. Which I think Isabel's grandfather's school is all about. Or at least not relying on said tools.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
it's impressive the degree that spender has endangered the children under his care. leaves them on a high speed ghost train, when said train goes berserk decides to fight some dude instead of going to their aid, continues to pick a fight with said dude even when they are still in danger. and then decides to chill in his bird outfit that allows the eldritch abomination inside him to escape.

at this point the only way he could be worse involves carbon monoxide poisoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agent Day :(

Weird, the background in panel 9 almost makes it look like as if they're inside a brown room.