Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah, this series is more or less over. Very very bad bullpen management by Buck and if O'Day, Matusz, and Britton are all pitching this poorly the Orioles will lose in 4 or 5 more than likely. We pretty much need a blowout win in game 2 to have a chance.

gently caress the Royals, they're a trash franchise, I hope Cardinals or Giants bullshit ruins their party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah, this series is more or less over. Very very bad bullpen management by Buck and if O'Day, Matusz, and Britton are all pitching this poorly the Orioles will lose in 4 or 5 more than likely. We pretty much need a blowout win in game 2 to have a chance.

gently caress the Royals, they're a trash franchise, I hope Cardinals or Giants bullshit ruins their party.

Never stop, Kawalimus.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Deathlove posted:

Joe West - sucking in 1991, sucking today, sucking forever. Also Dan Roan, Chicago legend.

Yeah, I love how Dan's shirt just makes sure you're absolutely certain that everything happened in the early 90's.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Edit: Wrong thread.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Ahaha, the best gimmick account.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

All games involving Kansas City own.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

N: :qq:

V: gently caress you too buddy!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Any Orioles fan who roots for the Royals in the next round just because they're another "suffering" franchise is a sap.

But if you have some other connection to the team like you like a player on it or you have family members etc it's ok.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
go away Kawalimus

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

fknlo posted:

N: :qq:

V: gently caress you too buddy!

Congrats to your team, they are much better than mine right now, but I won't be cheering for them and I'll probably hate them forever. Well I don't really hate Cleveland now even though I hated them for 1997. So at least for like 5 years or so I'll detest the Royals.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
For anybody that is an NL only fan:

alpha_destroy posted:

Some time ago I posted about how much Cards fans annoyed me for interrupting homework and a lot of people me a nerd. After some introspection I decided I do need to lighten up. So here's the deal:

For every run the Royals score this series I will have a whiskey. Now I don't want to kill myself, so if the Royals ever drop like 8 in game I'm giving myself until the time I go to bed to drink my whiskies for the night.

Go Royals.

I'm a motherfucking happy camper tonight. I'll probably be hung-over for first pitch tomorrow, but I will manage.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

Kawalimus posted:

Any Orioles fan who roots for the Royals in the next round just because they're another "suffering" franchise is a sap.

But if you have some other connection to the team like you like a player on it or you have family members etc it's ok.

No team that has ever lost Game 1 of an LCS has gone on to win the series so I understand your feelings.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

I'm a motherfucking happy camper tonight. I'll probably be hung-over for first pitch tomorrow, but I will manage.

you're the hero SAS deserves

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

alpha_destroy posted:

'course you will. Glad you enjoyed the game.

We're talking some top-tier hooch, I hope?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

tarlibone posted:

'course you will. Glad you enjoyed the game.

We're talking some top-tier hooch, I hope?

A large percentage tonight was Bulleit rye. I am a humanities student so I cannot afford top shelf poo poo, but I know my crap.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

leokitty posted:

No team that has ever lost Game 1 of an LCS has gone on to win the series so I understand your feelings.

We used like all our relievers and a bunch of our guys who were solid for us all year long looked shaky as hell. We are not in good shape at all. I can't find one silver lining to take out of that game except we did get some hits against the starter and tied the game. We blew it in the 6th having two men on no outs after the rally. I had a bad feeling we were screwed right then and there.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Friends, friends. Friends, tonight we witnessed the birth of a new bullshit. Royals Playoff Bullshit.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Friends, friends. Friends, tonight we witnessed the birth of a new bullshit. Royals Playoff Bullshit.

There wasn't any bullshit the Orioles pitching was just pretty bad, and surprisingly the relievers minus Miller were a part of that.

We used Tillman, Hunter, Gausman, Miller, O'Day, Britton, and Matusz in a loving 10 inning game in a game one loss. That is absolutely terrible.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 11, 2014

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

It's going to be really hilarious if the Royals go all the way because Mike motherfuckin' Moustakis is gonna be the postseason MVP.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Kawalimus what would you have complained about if the O's had won? What sort of win would they have had to have for you to not complain? Why do you even watch sports? Why can't you go away forever?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Kawalimus you need to relax, dogg. Please remember that this is baseball we're talking about and it's anything but deterministic in a sample size this small. The Orioles are still a good team and even if you can cite a thousand good reasons why you think they'll be playing the remainder of the series at a disadvantage, it's still baseball and they could easily win in spite of those things.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Shut the gently caress up, Kawalimus.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Kawalimus what would you have complained about if the O's had won? What sort of win would they have had to have for you to not complain? Why do you even watch sports? Why can't you go away forever?

I would have complained that we used so many relievers but been more at ease since we won and could afford a loss. I feel like we pretty much need to crush their starter in game 2 to avoid a 2-0 hole cause if we go to the bullpen again in a close game we're hosed.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
You didn't answer my final and most important question.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

You didn't answer my final and most important question.

Well after the season is over I don't follow baseball's offseason so you won't see me much more than likely until sporadically next year on this board. I'll probably be around after this series is over to cheer against the Royals though.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Kawalimus.

I just want to state: I was at game 3 of the ALDS in KC and I had a plan to get on TV. I posed as a guy that could only speak French in an attempt to get on TV. I brought a sign that said "Allez les Royals. Salut SAS! Je t'aime, mais je deteste Kawalimus

That is how annoying you are Kawalimus. I have never talked poo poo on a specific poster and I took a sign to game calling you out.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

I just want to state: I was at game 3 of the ALDS in KC and I had a plan to get on TV. I posed as a guy that could only speak French in an attempt to get on TV. I brought a sign that said "Allez les Royals. Salut SAS! Je t'aime, mais je deteste Kawalimus

That is how annoying you are Kawalimus. I have never talked poo poo on a specific poster and I took a sign to game calling you out.

Did you really do that? Wow. I might have been a TV star!!!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Is Kawalimus more insufferable when Baltimore sports teams perform well or poorly

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Why the hell don't you idiots have that dude on ignore

That was an amazing game, hail Baseba'al. I hope we see 6 more games like that.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Did you really do that? Wow. I might have been a TV star!!!

Pure truth. I still have the sign.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Why the hell don't you idiots have that dude on ignore

That was an amazing game, hail Baseba'al. I hope we see 6 more games like that.

I do, but I saw he was posting a bunch and correctly deduced that it was something idiotic.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I still think he is cool. However, he is wrong, and is thinking about baseball like it is football.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I still think he is cool. However, he is wrong, and is thinking about baseball like it is football.

Well if it were football we'd already be out. I'd be talking about next year. My main complaint is about how we overused the bullpen, and my main worry is that the late inning relievers minus Miller didn't look very good at all.

I know about sample sizes and all but it's still a bad sign. This is the time of year that's more like football and single wins have more of an impact. All players are gonna have a couple games where they're not great during the season but you have those games during the playoffs and it sinks you.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ

armoredgorilla posted:

I do, but I saw he was posting a bunch and correctly deduced that it was something idiotic.

Yeah it's really hard to notice the flurry of posts and not take a peak at the train wreck.

DeltaAttack2go fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 11, 2014

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i dont like baltirmore anymore. i dont even care about the funny cartoon logo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SAS can't handle Kawalimus at large. Go look at some birds, buddy, then head back to the Kawalimus Quarantine Zone aka TFF

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Teams that win Game 1 of the ALCS have advanced to the World Series just 9 times since 1995."

Maybe you should have more faith Kawalimus :)?

Like I'm upset at all the destiny bullshit and the announcers talking about how amazing and carefree the Royals are and this really really really weird notion that the Orioles are just "another team" and were "expected" to be this far. Like that's the troubling mark. The Royals are literally stealing the spotlight from the Orioles which apparently ran out of this journalistic integrity poo poo in 2012. I don't hate the Royals (yet) because Game 1 was loving awesome. Like it was really loving great and one team is going to lose.

Did you think that the O's were going to win them all? It's a best of 7. More baseball to play.

edit; That comes off as against the Royals and thats not what I'm trying to say. I really hated the announcers tonight and all of the articles written up to tonight.

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009

alpha_destroy posted:

Pure truth. I still have the sign.

It's completely true. I was there.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Well if it were football we'd already be out. I'd be talking about next year. My main complaint is about how we overused the bullpen, and my main worry is that the late inning relievers minus Miller didn't look very good at all.

I know about sample sizes and all but it's still a bad sign. This is the time of year that's more like football and single wins have more of an impact. All players are gonna have a couple games where they're not great during the season but you have those games during the playoffs and it sinks you.

My point in bringing up football is that it's much friendlier to those sorts of "If X and Y, then Z" deductions that you're trying to make than is baseball, in which quarters of an inch are the difference between dingers and outs. Bullpen overuse is objectively bad but it hardly means they're doomed. They just need a little luck tomorrow of the kind that isn't at all uncommon in this sport.

If you are still worried, remember that you have Nelson Cruz on your team and it is October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Kawalimus is fine. I mean he's a huge weirdo but I have no idea why that bothers people so much

• Locked thread