Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Bouchacha posted:

Everything under my community page including my wishlist is in a different language. The rest of the website seems to be in English. What?

Unironically read the OP (or use the "account van..." link at the top to change your language, third option in that menu)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
sometimes when you follow browser links it'll change your language for whatever silly reason. Just do what 37th Chamber said.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Anyone want to join me for a Space Engineers 4-pack? I need two other people, since I want two copies. It'll be $9 each, and I can buy.

1. yegods
2. yegods
3. you?
4. and you?

Please reply in the thread, and friend me. I won't buy it until Sunday, so don't get anxious if I don't reply right away.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/yegods/

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

37th Chamber posted:

Unironically read the OP (or use the "account van..." link at the top to change your language, third option in that menu)

My bad, I ctrl+f for 'wishlist' and 'community'

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
A little late for all the FF chat but I picked it up for like $2 after my playfire credit. Probably still wasted my money but hey I was still curious about the game and it's not too big a price to pay.

Kinda blurry on my screen hopefully those fan patches people are working on will make the resolution actually work. I'm still playing through Shadows of Mordor so it's not like I'm in a hurry to get to it.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

yegods posted:

Did you buy the 4-pack yet? I would like in, and would want 2 copies... I sent a friend request.

I did buy it, and I accepted your Steam friend thing, message me whenever.

e: I have one more copy besides the two yegods wants, if anybody else wants $9 Space Engineers

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 11, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have not played Tron 2.0 but I have heard nothing but good things. Still, worth it?

EDIT: Also, is this the HD mod for Tron 2.0?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killer-app

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 11, 2014

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just saw that they're still trying to sell watchdogs for $60.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

yegods posted:

Anyone want to join me for a Space Engineers 4-pack? I need two other people, since I want two copies. It'll be $9 each, and I can buy.

1. yegods
2. yegods
3. you?
4. and you?

Please reply in the thread, and friend me. I won't buy it until Sunday, so don't get anxious if I don't reply right away.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/yegods/

no longer necessary... my needs have been fulfilled!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I did buy it, and I accepted your Steam friend thing, message me whenever.

e: I have one more copy besides the two yegods wants, if anybody else wants $9 Space Engineers

this is a cool guy... feel safe taking Space Engineers off his hands!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

God drat, why did it take me so long to start playing Gunslinger? Just so satisfying.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012

Bouchacha posted:

Everything under my community page including my wishlist is in a different language. The rest of the website seems to be in English. What?

You now have your account in glorious Dutch. Why would you ever change? :allears:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Bubz posted:

You now have your account in glorious Dutch. Why would you ever change? :allears:
Winkel and Bouchacha are the best parts.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

SelenicMartian posted:

Winkel and Bouchacha are the best parts.

Bouchacha is his Profile name though.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

AirRaid posted:

Bouchacha is his Profile name though.
It fits with the rest of it somehow, especially with bits of the interface still in English.
It only there were a game banner with a Japanese title in the same shot.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Make sure to check out Dark Scavenger while the game is still on sale. It's a quirky title that's more like a puzzle game with weird interactions than a straight-up RPG game.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Testekill posted:

God drat, why did it take me so long to start playing Gunslinger? Just so satisfying.

Yeah everything is so good about it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

explosivo posted:

I had to run the game as an Admin after applying the unofficial patch and then it let me install the mod. If that doesn't work try actually starting a new game first, and put the install folder for the mod in the Tron folder. That's exactly what I did and it ended up working.

This did the trick for me. Thanks!

Unlucky7 posted:

I have not played Tron 2.0 but I have heard nothing but good things. Still, worth it?

EDIT: Also, is this the HD mod for Tron 2.0?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killer-app

Yes.

Yes.

It's Monolith's best game, it's a great FPS with small RPG elements, it's aesthetically great. KA 1.1 is the "HD mod" in that it enables custom resolutions up to 2560x1600 but the game doesn't need HD textures/models to look good.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's Monolith's best game
Second best after Blood :colbert: But it's close.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I had no idea there was a Dutch Steam translation and I had no idea it was so bad.

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The No One Lives Forever games are pretty awesome Monolith titles too (well, the first two at least). God I hope those see a digital rerelease eventually.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

SelenicMartian posted:

Second best after Blood :colbert: But it's close.

Yep, Blood is best, Tron 2.0 comes close after, and No One Lives Forever is practically tied for second.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

TheNintenGenius posted:

The No One Lives Forever games are pretty awesome Monolith titles too (well, the first two at least). God I hope those see a digital rerelease eventually.

Hello friend, have you heard the good news about No One Lives Forever?

Assuming nobody opposes it Night Dive could potentially have them out this year sometime.

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

TheCoon posted:

Hello friend, have you heard the good news about No One Lives Forever?

Assuming nobody opposes it Night Dive could potentially have them out this year sometime.

Last I'd heard about it it was just the possibility that they might be able to rerelease, so it's good that they're further along now!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

TheNintenGenius posted:

Last I'd heard about it it was just the possibility that they might be able to rerelease, so it's good that they're further along now!

Don't give up hope. I never imagined we would see Rise of Nations or Tron 2 getting a Steam release, yet here we are.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eruonen posted:

I had no idea there was a Dutch Steam translation and I had no idea it was so bad.

dutch translations are always horrible

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Davincie posted:

dutch translations are always horrible

I remember this old action RPG Silver that had a Dutch translation that translated 'constitution' as 'grondwet'. Constitution has multiple meanings depending on context, but grondwet does not which can only mean stuff like the constitution of the United States.

I was very confused until I realized that as a young teen.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Blizzard tends to be pretty good with Latin American translations - you get the option between Latin American Spanish or Spanish. Unlike 90% of developers whose Spanish translations are made with Spanish speakers (as in, from Spain). They also got people like the Latin American voices for The Simpsons characters to star in the game.

But then they go and translate "Cull the weak" as "Cull THE weak", as in "Cull, the name of a person who is the weak."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has the EA for Grim Dawn ever gone on sale? I really liked TQ and want to support the Iron Lore dudes but probably not $25 support.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

exquisite tea posted:

Has the EA for Grim Dawn ever gone on sale? I really liked TQ and want to support the Iron Lore dudes but probably not $25 support.

I seem to recall last Winter Sale that it was a DAily for 25% to 50(?) or something

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

exquisite tea posted:

Apparently it was 12.45 in July. I'd imagine it'll be in the fall sale, but it is an excellent game and if you loved TQ you'd like it because it keeps a lot of the same mechanics and levelling system but with a different theme.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Testekill posted:

Gunslinger is very good, not as good as Bound in Blood though!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

exquisite tea posted:

Enhanced Steam straight up tells you this info on the store page:

Historical Lowest Price: $12.49 at Steam on Sun Jun 29 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Eruonen posted:

The translation isn't bad, It's just awkward and too literal in spots. Also why the gently caress would you put software in dutch, makes torubleshooting harder. :v:

OTOH:
:pcgaming: A2 Racer :pcgaming:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Gunslinger is very good, not as good as Bound in Blood though!

But only because of the lack of the cover system in Gunslinger.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Who the gently caress needs cover in Gunslinger, you just fuckin run and mow everyone down like a badass

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Well to be fair he means the best cover system ever in a game that was in Bound in Blood which allowed you to still mow down everyone. Still Gunslinger doesn't really need it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Attention Horse posted:

One last thing about Ryse: for some reason you can play as the Crysis Dude in multiplayer. Literally every dude I played with used this skin.

This is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qNLm7k5aE

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

No spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHY2ksJqNQ

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Palpek posted:

Well to be fair he means the best cover system ever in a game that was in Bound in Blood which allowed you to still mow down everyone. Still Gunslinger doesn't really need it.

Yeah I love that gunslinger doesn't have a stupid cover system. Everything is so peppy and up tempo without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ty's one of the few facecam streamers I don't mind. The guy's got a great sense of humour.

• Locked thread