Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

I normally don't see much dumb on FB, I keep my feed pretty clean, but I saw this and had to share.

If you don't think about things they don't count :v:

This is a good one because both people in it are idiots, so good job.

Not sure that was your intention however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Irradiation posted:

The A often stands for Ally not asexual.
Who's Ally and why is she so important she gets to be in the acronym?

Oh, sorry... "he or she".

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

1stGear posted:

MARSHAL LAW

This doesn't make any sense, how would anyone profit if everyone was dead? Did they not think this out? And have FEMA camps ever been used at all?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize someone posted soemthign like this.

To add:

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Anyone curious about the whole intersex topic should read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I mean, it's a novel, so I'm not sure whether it's completely factual, but I believe the intersex community has had a positive reaction to it- it does a really good job of getting into the mindset of an intersex person.

Plus it's just a drat fine book in general- it won the Pulitzer for fiction!

Middlesex was a great book and is very worth reading, Eugenides is an amazing author and really knows how to craft a story. However if you are only interested in reading about intersex and the mind-set, only read the last 150 pages, the rest is just back story about the family and nothing more.

casual poster has a new favorite as of 06:56 on Oct 11, 2014

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Why is it always FEMA, of all agencies, doing the death camps?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

karl fungus posted:

Deus Ex.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Marshal Law would probably in favour of concentration camps, for superheroes, at least.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

karl fungus posted:

Because they are the federal agency responsible for handling large amounts of dead people. FEMA does do things like purchase massive stockpiles of coffins, but it's because they hosed up so bad during Hurricane Katrina that they actually want to be prepared if they have to deal with a flooded city full of floating corpses again.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Because they are the federal agency responsible for handling large amounts of dead people. FEMA does do things like purchase massive stockpiles of coffins, but it's because they hosed up so bad during Hurricane Katrina that they actually want to be prepared if they have to deal with a flooded city full of floating corpses again.

Sounds like they could learn a thing or two from dwarf fortress.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

Yep, that sure is legible.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Okay, my eyes have been opened to the truth. So now what do I do? Sit around and be scared?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wendell posted:

Okay, my eyes have been opened to the truth. So now what do I do? Sit around and be scared?

Buy Alex Jones products.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Also people took the X-files literally.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Has anyone called him Barack Obola yet? Because I think that should be a thing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Cuniculous posted:

Yep, that sure is legible.

"Made this myself." :smug:

He deserves to pat himself on the back. That's a darn good image macro. Next time, he should reach for the stars by making it a bit smaller and more heavily compressed.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

the internet is a really fun place

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Whenever I see poo poo like that above, I feel like throwing my games consoles out the window and never playing games again, just so I won't be associated with people like that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This obvious joke image was shared unironically.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So a bit of context: last Saturday, the party conference of the Liberal Democrats (the third party in the UK, in coalition with the Conservatives) passed a policy aimed to make sex work safer. Some Guardian columnists were not happy:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Judge Tesla posted:

Whenever I see poo poo like that above, I feel like throwing my games consoles out the window and never playing games again, just so I won't be associated with people like that.
It's been impressive to see gaming go from some social pariah nerd poo poo to hugely popular past time that everyone and their granny enjoys and then back to social pariah status again.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

KoldPT posted:

He's so close with the first comment. If someone makes a lovely game, that's it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Eh. I don't consider the train wreck young woman stars to be idiots. They're all carefully calculated.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Eh. I don't consider the train wreck young woman stars to be idiots. They're all carefully calculated.

She made some pretty weird tweets, she said "My dad never did any of those things The microchip in my brain made me say those things but he's the one that ordered them to microchip me." It's pretty drat sad. She was in a lot of my favorite shows while growing up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

casual poster posted:

She made some pretty weird tweets, she said "My dad never did any of those things The microchip in my brain made me say those things but he's the one that ordered them to microchip me." It's pretty drat sad. She was in a lot of my favorite shows while growing up.

Right, you may be aware of the phenomenon of 'doing something for attention'.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
what i heard is she has bipolar disorder and stopped taking her meds

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

We should really be worried if FEMA starts stocking up on wood chippers instead of trailers, body bags and coffins.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

Its actually exactly the same math being done, other than being an estimate instead of an exact calculation. You just don't think about it.

Come on, this is stupid. You don't need to know algebra to estimate those types of things, because it's something your brain does automatically. So it definitely makes sense that it shouldn't count.

Of course the whole "We don't use the math we learn in highschool!" thing is stupid too.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

karl fungus posted:

Because of Rex 84:

quote:

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a classified "scenario and drill" developed by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who are deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declares a "State of National Emergency". The plan states, events causing such a declaration would be widespread U.S. opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America.[1][2][3][4][5] To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels.[6]

Rex 84 was written by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North, who was both National Security Council White House Aide, and NSC liaison to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and John Brinkerhoff, the deputy director of "national preparedness" programs for the FEMA.

Of course what they always leave out is that it was developed under Reagan, and was mainly concerned with detaining leftists and anti-war protesters. :v:

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

nucleicmaxid posted:

She just got placed on a 72hr psychiatric hold, so I'm not sure what exactly her end goal is if this is all some giant ploy to get attention.

InediblePenguin posted:

what i heard is she has bipolar disorder and stopped taking her meds

You're going to read a lot of theories about her in the next coming days. There are lots of things that can cause psychosis. Drugs, schizophrenia, bipolar DO, more drugs. She's at the right age for a psychological break, but she also does a poo poo ton of drugs. At the end of the day, the only person who can diagnose her is a medical professional who has met actually her. I think the 72hr hold was a smart move on the part of her family and I hope she gets help. Because those tweets were not only bizarre, but frightening.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Of course what they always leave out is that it was developed under Reagan, and was mainly concerned with detaining leftists and anti-war protesters. :v:

Conspiracy theorists reading documents selectively? Well I never!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

KoldPT posted:

I'm so glad I'm an adult and can play video games without basing my entire existence around it.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

TinTower posted:

So a bit of context: last Saturday, the party conference of the Liberal Democrats (the third party in the UK, in coalition with the Conservatives) passed a policy aimed to make sex work safer. Some Guardian columnists were not happy:

Just because I love making GBS threads on the Lib Dems, I need to point out that the SNP have twice as many members as the Lib Dems and as such get to be considered the "third party in the UK".

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

JT Smiley posted:

I'm so glad I'm an adult and can play video games without basing my entire existence around it.

Day 83: After almost three months hidden outside her house with binoculars, my colleagues and I are beginning to suspect nobody is stalking her.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

into the void posted:

She just got placed on a 72hr psychiatric hold, so I'm not sure what exactly her end goal is if this is all some giant ploy to get attention.

You're going to read a lot of theories about her in the next coming days. There are lots of things that can cause psychosis. Drugs, schizophrenia, bipolar DO, more drugs. She's at the right age for a psychological break, but she also does a poo poo ton of drugs. At the end of the day, the only person who can diagnose her is a medical professional who has met actually her. I think the 72hr hold was a smart move on the part of her family and I hope she gets help. Because those tweets were not only bizarre, but frightening.

Nah, nucleicmaxid is right, she decided she'd make more money by pretending to be mentally broken on Twitter for years than continuing her successful acting career.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

Just because I love making GBS threads on the Lib Dems, I need to point out that the SNP have twice as many members as the Lib Dems and as such get to be considered the "third party in the UK".

The SNP aren't really a third party, though. They're a dominant party in Scotland, and don't stand anywhere else.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

TinTower posted:

The SNP aren't really a third party, though. They're a dominant party in Scotland, and don't stand anywhere else.

Scotland is the second largest country in the UK and the SNP has MPs in Westminster. and they have way way way more members than the Lib Dems.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

Scotland is the second largest country in the UK and the SNP has MPs in Westminster. and they have way way way more members than the Lib Dems.

Eh, their membership has only gone up over the past three weeks. I expect that half of the new members will probably let their membership lapse, bringing them down to about the size of the Lib Dems in terms of members (as had happened with Cleggmania).

The SNP are an incredibly strong party that only contests in one of the countries of the UK, but they're not in any sense the third party of British politics. UKIP have a better claim to that than the SNP.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

TinTower posted:

Eh, their membership has only gone up over the past three weeks. I expect that half of the new members will probably let their membership lapse, bringing them down to about the size of the Lib Dems in terms of members (as had happened with Cleggmania).

The SNP are an incredibly strong party that only contests in one of the countries of the UK, but they're not in any sense the third party of British politics. UKIP have a better claim to that than the SNP.

There's more to the UK than England, you know.

EDIT: It's us, we're the idiots on social media.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Leofish posted:

Has anyone called him Barack Obola yet? Because I think that should be a thing.

Freep has been doing this for weeks I think. But they are the experts at Obama variations.

Edit: since august even.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599372&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=271

Also, party size is often counted by members of parliament, and the libdems are third there. Although UKIP is about to/just got a member too!

BonHair has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Right, you may be aware of the phenomenon of 'doing something for attention'.

But what type of attention could she gain? She's describing a common delusion held by paranoid schizophrenics, that someone else is controlling their thoughts. I think this goes way beyond "attention"

• Locked thread