Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You guys, I think Gunshow is gonna be really really great this whole month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Dr. McNinja's being going to some unusually weird places lately, and that's saying something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cat Mattress posted:

Soon, Dresden Codak will consist of Kim and some other character, in 3/4 profile cut off at the knees, making B^U faces at each other.
With the occasional break for :airquote: empowerment :airquote:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

thatbastardken posted:

The thing is probably a bomb to break the glass and set off whatever (lethal?) containment measures have been put in place. Probably lots of weedkiller.

Here's a twist: emergency containment is a nuclear weapon.

Honestly, in her current mental state I wouldn't put it past her to force that if it were.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Three Panel Soul is going somewhere interesting.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I would be perfectly happy if 3PS turned into The Adventures of Jo: HR Mage full time.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

With the occasional break for :airquote: empowerment :airquote:

Speaking of which, guess what Diaz reposted on his Tumblr.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You know, I'm not normally the one who joins in on the Penny Arcade hate circlejerk. I generally like Gabe's art and Tycho thesaurus vomit posts and I find most of the strips amusing if not laugh out loud hilarious, but what the gently caress is wrong with the faces on this strip:

This is terrible. Just bring the red noses back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gabe models the entire strip in Gmod and just traces it now.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

ChairMaster posted:

You guys, I think Gunshow is gonna be really really great this whole month.
Visually and content-wise dog with hair reminds me a lot of Micheal DeForge, which is always a good thing.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Megazver posted:

You know, I'm not normally the one who joins in on the Penny Arcade hate circlejerk. I generally like Gabe's art and Tycho thesaurus vomit posts and I find most of the strips amusing if not laugh out loud hilarious, but what the gently caress is wrong with the faces on this strip:

This is terrible. Just bring the red noses back.

I got really confused when I saw this and thought "wait, I thought where I left off was after this page in the thread" before realizing I wasn't in GBS.

Somebody did post all the PA strips that mention Tycho's beastiality, and I was reminded of how funny PA used to be sometimes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Leroy Dennui posted:

I got really confused when I saw this and thought "wait, I thought where I left off was after this page in the thread" before realizing I wasn't in GBS.

Somebody did post all the PA strips that mention Tycho's beastiality, and I was reminded of how funny PA used to be sometimes.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

I smiled. This is the kind of punchline that makes me laugh at GBSthread favorite "The Creeps." It's a simple punchline and not spoiled by too many words that weigh down the humor.

2010, a good year for Pa

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

DaveWoo posted:

Speaking of which, guess what Diaz reposted on his Tumblr.

Well it was deleted by accident and also people with disabilities support him in emails. It would be a disservice to the world not to repost.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Anyone else reading Jeffrey Rowland's new Iverly? Its a funny animals/hollow earth thing about the undead cat from Overcompensating. A little more cute and silly than Wigu was.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm really loving this arc of Widdershins.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Brought To You By posted:

I'm really loving this arc of Widdershins.

Thank you! I'm very much enjoying making it, crazy pages like that last one have been a lot of effort but well worth it!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

SlothfulCobra posted:

Three Panel Soul is going somewhere interesting.
I really like this series and hope it continues.

http://threepanelsoul.com/tag/jo/

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kojiro posted:

Thank you! I'm very much enjoying making it, crazy pages like that last one have been a lot of effort but well worth it!

That page in particular is why I made my brief comment.
I like it because it's a reminder of why Wolfe is such a good presence for O'Malley to have. It has to be draining to be able to see people's spirits(?) on a constant basis. But being able to get everyone in the room to lighten up like is one of the traits I find most endearing about Wolfe, and even though Voss is trying to pull some shady business, even he seems to be caught up in the moment.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Anyone else reading Jeffrey Rowland's new Iverly? Its a funny animals/hollow earth thing about the undead cat from Overcompensating. A little more cute and silly than Wigu was.

God-drat I wondered what happened with Jeffrey Rowland. Thank you for linking this, I must have missed wherever he mentioned a new comic.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Hey looks like the chapter end of Stand Still Stay Silent, looks like they are finally heading into the silent world. I'd been expecting them to spend ages meeting their new traveling companions, getting ready etc, this abrupt departure is great.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Evan Dahm's doing a thing : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evandahm/the-wonderful-wizard-of-oz-illustrated

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

oh no, not again :shepspends:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I really like Apothecia.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah, I'm going to be sad when it's over.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Under/over on a happy ending? I'm betting on an unintentional apocalypse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think we already got the unintentional apocalypse.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
And going by that thousand-yard stare, we're way past any chance at a happy ending.

But we'll always have this.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Ahahaha

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Avshalom posted:

Hanging out for Jessie Leg Mule and the Monster awesome space pirate adventures.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Avshalom posted:

Oh wait that makes no sense because that's not how over/under works.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The question I'm kinda curious about is why we didn't hand this thing over to the aliens decades ago. Seems to me we'd have been happy to let them take it off our hands.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

My impression is that they just recently capture it. Jessie mentions it hiding out in the ocean and this seems to be the first time she's talked to it since it went on its rampage.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Alouicious posted:

Oh wait that makes no sense because that's not how over/under works.
Oh please, it's a figure of speech.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So it looks like whether Apothecia has a happy ending is going to depend on whether you think killing the monster instead of handing him over to be tortured for millions of years is the right thing to do. All the red really sells this page though--I didn't realize until I read it again that she was literally "seeing red" in that second panel. Which makes sense--it's just as bloody and violent an act as the previous execution, even if it's with the push of a button instead of a knife or a wrench.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if everybody else in that facility is about to die with the monster?

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
My suspension of disbelief for Alothecia was completely blown open by the fact that they apparently have no monitoring system of any kind for the alien's containment room, no active guards in the room itself, and that they didn't frisk her thoroughly enough to notice her sneaking in a neurotoxin... bomb? That seems like stupidly lax security for a city-destroying monster.

I'm not sure how well thought out this entire scene was.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Morbi posted:

My suspension of disbelief for Alothecia was completely blown open by the fact that they apparently have no monitoring system of any kind for the alien's containment room, no active guards in the room itself, and that they didn't frisk her thoroughly enough to notice her sneaking in a neurotoxin... bomb? That seems like stupidly lax security for a city-destroying monster.

Hehe, I was wondering the same thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Avshalom posted:

Oh please, it's a figure of speech.

NO IT'S NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Morbi posted:

Honestly once I got my head around "it's the universe's greatest monster but it can't get out of a hole in the ground, and no one else has found it but one twelve year old", I was willing to forgive anything. Still, keep in mind that they make her go through decon and put on a hazmat suit, meaning they're worried that even from inside its tank the monster could spore someone. So they wouldn't want to keep people in the room because that would give it a potential toehold. And that bomb was very discreet--small, compact, and didn't show up on xrays, so even if they frisked her and felt it they probably would've assumed it was her wallet or something.

The lack of monitoring makes less sense, but I wouldn't want to look at that either.

• Locked thread