Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Looks like GiP has a new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im real glad shadow of mordor got harder. nice to have an actual challenge and it makes it a lot more rewarding after youve butchered a few dozen uruks

makes me harder too

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I still can't believe a Lord of the Rings game is actually good

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bolow posted:

I still can't believe a Lord of the Rings game is actually good

It's the best Assassin's Creed game ever made.

I couldn't believe it either, but it's true.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
it is fun to slay orcs, and watch as nerds go nuts over lore

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im real glad shadow of mordor got harder. nice to have an actual challenge and it makes it a lot more rewarding after youve butchered a few dozen uruks

makes me harder too

I had some guy that got to some insane power level because he had a particular set of traits that made him nigh unkillable unless you got him with a stealth kill. Which I did, but then that fucker came back and taunted me. :mad:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 11, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I had some guy that got to some insane power level because he had a particular set of traits that made him nigh unkillable unless you got him with a stealth kill. Which I did, but then that fucker came back and taunted me. :mad:

the worst one i had was the last war chief of the first area, he could only be hurt by combat finishers. but he was a big bastard with a shield and i couldnt vault over him or wraith stun him so i had to build up combos on his scrubs and then hit him with finishers. he also had a huge amount of health and regened quickly, and if he hit me it took off bout half my life

first time we me he killed me, second time he ran away and i couldnt catch him. but the third time, well i whittled him to half health and then activated storm of urafel and took his head

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Worst captain I killed ended up at level 26 with a shield, poisoned weapon, blocks vault, combat master, attacks do 2/3rds of my health in one hit, etc.

And was terrified of graugs. :getin:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Any of you nerds get Driveclub? I'm thinking about grabbing it and we can make a club.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
So in that Lord of the Rings game do you do anything besides roam Middle-Earth looking for BOSS FIGHTZ?

That's all I've heard about the game, but then again I've never played Assassin's Creed, either.

I had a roommate who did. I saw karate fights and DNA STORY so I figured the entire franchise was hosed.

"OHHHH YO LOOK WAT I DI' 2 DIS GUY OOOOOOOOH HE HEAD COME OFF YO OHHHH"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Any of you nerds get Driveclub? I'm thinking about grabbing it and we can make a club.

I have it. Great racing game. Definitely worth the 50 bucks for the digital copy.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

I have it. Great racing game. Definitely worth the 50 bucks for the digital copy.

I actually didn't even wait for a reply and grabbed it. I finished the first few activities and then the servers came back online and now I'm ready to unlock poo poo. It's a nice unwind from Destiny, too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lots of goons bitching about it I thought. Not spergy enough sim realism?

I think I read if you had less than 10% achievements you could get refunded the digital purchase

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Christoff posted:

Lots of goons bitching about it I thought. Not spergy enough sim realism?

I think I read if you had less than 10% achievements you could get refunded the digital purchase

Goons, as usual, are loving idiots. They expect so much while being so easily disappointed. I posted about it earlier: Driveclub tosses a bunch of tracks and cars at you. If you go into the game expecting something that's similar to Gran Turismo without the really hardcore sim elements, you'll be pleased. Game looks fantastic, plays really well, and has everything needed for a good variety of racing conditions.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Goons, as usual, are loving idiots. They expect so much while being so easily disappointed. I posted about it earlier: Driveclub tosses a bunch of tracks and cars at you. If you go into the game expecting something that's similar to Gran Turismo without the really hardcore sim elements, you'll be pleased. Game looks fantastic, plays really well, and has everything needed for a good variety of racing conditions.

I actually hate racing sims and this is pretty much the best mix of difficulty and psuedo-realism with arcadey type stuff.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Any rally bits to it?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So basically like Project Gotham Racing on the 360?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
goons are also probably insanely mad that the ps+ demo never showed up, since they don't want to spend $50

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I actually hate racing sims and this is pretty much the best mix of difficulty and psuedo-realism with arcadey type stuff.

forza horizon would like a word with you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Forza really seems like my type of racing game but I'm not going to buy a Xbox for it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Doubling my vote on Spintires. I don't like racing, but getting stuck in the mud is oddly fun.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

So basically like Project Gotham Racing on the 360?

Yes. Driveclub is PGR.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

forza horizon would like a word with you

lol like i'd buy an xbox

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
nothing wrong with the 360 mate

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

nothing wrong with the 360 mate

Maybe about 4 years ago but microsoft hosed the os and started putting ads everywhere and poo poo was slow as dog poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Maybe about 4 years ago but microsoft hosed the os and started putting ads everywhere and poo poo was slow as dog poo poo.

i miss the original OS for the 360

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On set with the guy that directed the cutscenes in shadow of mordor, anyone got any burning questions that won't get me fired?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

On set with the guy that directed the cutscenes in shadow of mordor, anyone got any burning questions that won't get me fired?

how did they get orcs to do stuff

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

how much of a pain in the rear end was it to work with the lotr license

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Which bundle of pixels and subroutines got along the worst with the other bundles of pixels and subroutines

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

why didnt anyone get their tits out?

Fart Sandwiches posted:

why does that matter when you just mash a a bunch until it loads the game?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Victor Vermis posted:

So in that Lord of the Rings game do you do anything besides roam Middle-Earth looking for BOSS FIGHTZ?

curious about this too.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
well ive put 18 hours into it, if you like 3rd person runnin around fightin guys stuff like batman or asscreed then youd probably like this. you will hardly ever fight a boss alone, theyve got a horde of dudes that surround em and in the strongholds they constantly spawn in as you kill their buddies. the combat is fun enough and by midgame you cant just mash buttons and expect to live so its pretty rewarding

the other things you do are pick up collectibles that give you level up points to get better at murder

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

nice.
gonna pick up shadows of mordor eventually.
hoping farcry 4 turns out good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tuluk posted:

nice.
gonna pick up shadows of mordor eventually.
hoping farcry 4 turns out good.

honestly farcry 3 wasn't a great game but I had a really fun time just running through the islands capturing hideouts

if i can do that for 20+ hours then I will buy it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've been trying to send out invites to the Driveclub club CISVET. The servers are still hosed up so I don't believe they're going through.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao i just beat mordor

soooomebody ran out of funding!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

lmao i just beat mordor

soooomebody ran out of funding!

Is it as bad as Deus Ex: Human Revolution was where there's a massive drop in quality in the last 40 minutes of the game? You can pretty much point to the exact spot in DXHR where they ran out of time or money and had to get the game out of the door

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bolow posted:

Is it as bad as Deus Ex: Human Revolution was where there's a massive drop in quality in the last 40 minutes of the game? You can pretty much point to the exact spot in DXHR where they ran out of time or money and had to get the game out of the door

the last story mission is basically a couple of easy fights and then a dead simple QTE

doesn't really keep in spirit with the rest of the game but whatever at least it wasn't a pain in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

the last story mission is basically a couple of easy fights and then a dead simple QTE

doesn't really keep in spirit with the rest of the game but whatever at least it wasn't a pain in the rear end

can you still run amok and go ham on some orcs after the ending?

• Locked thread