Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.

Pyronic posted:

Failure to maintain

I guess I must have missed what you're talking about, but I thought I saw Owen quickly call out that Oiso had already played a land this turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Aisar posted:

I guess I must have missed what you're talking about, but I thought I saw Owen quickly call out that Oiso had already played a land this turn.

Technically, failing to call it out immediately should generate a warning that should not be upgraded and isn't really considered for upgrading other warnings IIRC. It's kind of a weird penalty.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
I found a pretty cool site just now, It's called Magic Rarities http://www.magiclibrarities.net/rarities.html and it has images and lists of all the miscelaneous cards not from sets and other mtg related stuff.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
That BUG Reanimator deck looks nice.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Niton posted:

New FNM formats!

Including: Literally every format ever made, and some other ones

No vintage rotisserie draft for my FNM? Cowards.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
These stories about Gerard Fabiano are surprising to me, given my only exposure to him was in the Walking the Planes episode after the last PT, where what's his name interviews him and Gerard seems like a really fun, upbeat, positive thinking guy.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

These stories about Gerard Fabiano are surprising to me, given my only exposure to him was in the Walking the Planes episode after the last PT, where what's his name interviews him and Gerard seems like a really fun, upbeat, positive thinking guy.
Anyone would put a good face on for camera, why are you surprised?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CountFosco posted:

No vintage rotisserie draft for my FNM? Cowards.

They don't want their playerbase hearing "rotisserie" and eating a Black Lotus.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

neetengie posted:

according to what my friend told me, he's supposedly a really nice guy who's great to hang around when he's not playing.

i kind of think that lowers my opinion of him even more than if he was just a disagreeable rear end in a top hat in general

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I've never played him but he always seems like a nice guy when I see him around. Supprised to hear some of these stories.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
That was a sweet Abzan Charm blowout from Ari Lax

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Entropic posted:

That was a sweet Abzan Charm blowout from Ari Lax

Been a lot of Charm related blowouts.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?
Went to SCG States today and during a side event draft I got to see someone get so pissed off over the first round that he literally slammed someone in to the ground, breaking a chair.

Both players ended up DQed because the guy who got slammed knocked the other guy's cards out of his hand in retaliation for touching his cards which is what sparked the whole thing.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Obsoletely Fabulous posted:

Went to SCG States today and during a side event draft I got to see someone get so pissed off over the first round that he literally slammed someone in to the ground, breaking a chair.

Both players ended up DQed because the guy who got slammed knocked the other guy's cards out of his hand in retaliation for touching his cards which is what sparked the whole thing.

Holy poo poo. Which state?

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?

BJPaskoff posted:

Holy poo poo. Which state?

Michigan. It was extremely bizarre to see happen.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

neetengie posted:

Because pedantic assholes (as he seems to be from these stories) aren't always the best at putting on a good face, especially the type of awkward nerds who play magic. Sorry that I was surprised.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm not that far from there and I'm bummed I skipped states and missed that.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Obsoletely Fabulous posted:

Michigan. It was extremely bizarre to see happen.

I saw someone break another person's nose because he changed the channel in the store.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ahahahahahah this deck is so goddamn awesome.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Remember when people were saying blue isn't all that good in khans?? :vince:

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM

neetengie posted:

That BUG Reanimator deck looks nice.

Did they give a deck list for this?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

DarkRider09 posted:

Did they give a deck list for this?

They did a deck tech for it, calling it Whipisi I believe. May take some digging to find in the twitch backlogs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do points reset once the top 8 is determined? (or rather stop mattering)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Do points reset once the top 8 is determined? (or rather stop mattering)

Higher place in the Swiss decides who chooses to play/draw.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Brian David-Marshall has a voice that makes me want to hit mute way too often.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Jansen constantly readjusting his cards is definitely the most annoying thing I've seen on stream this weekend.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Hahah. Four Coursers by turn 5 with the opponent having one of his own.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

:siren: REVEL OF THE FALLEN GOD ON CAMERA :siren:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

:siren: REVEL OF THE FALLEN GOD ON CAMERA :siren:

Finally the foil one I first-picked in a draft will see its day.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
that UB control deck was a thing of loving beauty

edit: oh my god perilous vault is going to get so expensive

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

Yeah, I really liked it as well. the more I see of Pearl Lake Ancient, the more and more that card scares me.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
This owns, looks like 6 of the 7 players with 36+ points can just shake hands and draw in. Owen is the odd man out who is paired against Watanabe with 33 pts who would pass Owen on breakers if he wins.

edit: Yup, 6 of the top 8 locked in now. Gonna be crazy getting these last 2 spots.

really pumped Ari finally made a Top 8. He's by far one of my favorite content producers online - might be my favorite columnist - and seems like a great guy, too.

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 12, 2014

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Hellsau posted:

ahahahahahah this deck is so goddamn awesome.

Would you have a list, or is it just 4x Tides, Faeries, Snaps, etc.? I've been toying with a Vision Charm version of this, Crusher would be a neater alternative.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
And because of the IDs the top two are on 38 so if Owen wins, be actually becomes the 1 seed even with the horrible tiebreakers because he'll be on 39.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I think Hagon just said that the ascendancy combo deck was locked into the top 8.

Combomania's running wild brother!

e: oh it might just be the token ascendancy build. if so I guess that's fine

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 12, 2014

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Boco_T posted:

And because of the IDs the top two are on 38 so if Owen wins, be actually becomes the 1 seed even with the horrible tiebreakers because he'll be on 39.

Yep, seems like Owen always has to sweat the final round to get into that Top 8.

Man, I don't know who to root for. Both guys are amazing players.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

The funny thing is that deck has 2 different mythics that were relatively cheap

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Sickening posted:

The funny thing is that deck has 2 different mythics that were relatively cheap

Pearl Lake Ancient has shot up to $7.50 but Empty the Pits is still $5. Hopefully it one climbs too and they hold until Friday when I can get into my LGS to flip mine.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

Pearl Lake Ancient has shot up to $7.50 but Empty the Pits is still $5. Hopefully it one climbs too and they hold until Friday when I can get into my LGS to flip mine.

I think he means Perilous Vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I think he means Perilous Vault.

Which I would think is more relevant considering its a 4 of from a set that was pretty unpopular.

• Locked thread