Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't care what the event is from now on, someone is going to ask, "Is this Marvel's Crisis?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Senor Candle posted:

I don't care what the event is from now on, someone is going to ask, "Is this Marvel's Crisis?"

How can you not be convinced by an event that takes its name from another event that wasn't a reboot?

Its so obvious!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
AVENGERS & X-MEN: COFFEEKLATSCH
GERRY DUGGAN (W) * JOHN ROMITA JR. (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
* It's a slow month.
* All the villains are in jail, all the secret societies are destroyed.
* Captain America and Storm go out for coffee. Kitty Pryde wants a bagel.
* Can Ian Rogers handle the powerful flavor of the pumpkin spice latte?
* Seriously, that's it.

fanboys everywhere posted:

IS THIS MARVEL'S CRISIS?!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Wanderer posted:

Kitty Pryde wants a bagel.

Well that's racist.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

Senor Candle posted:

My point was more that I can't really remember a multiversal Marvel event on this scale, not that I expect a Crisis every other month.

Edit: well, now that I think about it, there's Spiderverse actually.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Wanderer posted:

Cover by DAVID AJA
* It's a slow month.
* Seriously, that's it.

I'd read it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

PelvicNerve posted:

My point was more that I can't really remember a multiversal Marvel event on this scale, not that I expect a Crisis every other month.

Edit: well, now that I think about it, there's Spiderverse actually.

How about Hickman's Avengers? It is literally about the Multiverse dying.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

Senor Candle posted:

How about Hickman's Avengers? It is literally about the Multiverse dying.
Totally, and this is apparently what his run is building up to.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Superstring posted:

I'd read it.

Well duh, Gerry Duggan seemingly can't go wrong these days at Marvel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A series where we get the opposite of an event (all the villains everywhere are doing nothing or in jail) where the heroes have absolutely nothing to do would be hilarious.

The stakes couldn't be lower!

Lives will probably not be changed!

Someone will probably be perfectly fine!

Banner spends an entire book writing a report of the damage he caused in the previous event! She-Hulk revises! Deadpool notarizes!

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Deadpool posted:

Well duh, Gerry Duggan seemingly can't go wrong these days at Marvel.

That is a funny avatar/post combo. :)

Wanderer posted:

Cover by DAVID AJA
* It's a slow month.
* Seriously, that's it.

Is that the Ultimate version of Cap? I thought our Cap was Steve Rogers, and he's reverted to what he was in House of M, old vet codger.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Binary Badger posted:

Is that the Ultimate version of Cap? I thought our Cap was Steve Rogers, and he's reverted to what he was in House of M, old vet codger.

Ian is his adopted son from the Zola dimension, and will apparently be the new Nomad once All-New Cap gets off the ground.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Wanderer posted:

Cover by DAVID AJA
* It's a slow month.
* Seriously, that's it.

This is actually the ultimate Crisis, because it sounds like an epilogue - the show's over, wrap it up, everyone gets a happy ending and a bagel and walks off into the sunset, The End.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Binary Badger posted:

That is a funny avatar/post combo. :)

I'm pretty sure that's Sam Wilson Cap they're talking about.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Wanderer posted:

Cover by DAVID AJA
* It's a slow month.
* Seriously, that's it.

This is actually Marvel's Identity Crisis :getin:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Superstring posted:

I'd read it.

gently caress, it's not real?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every time someone says Pumpkin, Kitty gets sad and says "Logan used to call me Pumpkin" and everyone is super awkward.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?
Every time someone fetishizes East Asian culture, Kitty gets sad and says "Logan used to fetishize East Asian culture" and everyone reflects on the inscrutable nature of the exotic Orient.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Every time someone fetishizes East Asian culture, Kitty gets sad and says "Logan used to fetishize East Asian culture" and everyone reflects on the inscrutable nature of the exotic Orient.

This is my favorite post in BSS in forever. I'm dying.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Endless Mike posted:

Please be sure to refer to Marvel's upcoming event by its proper name SIXIS. Thank you.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Seeing as we're getting closer to the end of Hickman's Avengers, I'd like to put my money on The Destroyer being the new Galactus from the Galactus Seed that was introduced a few years abck and mentioned again in Hickman's Thor.

I was rereading his Fantastic Four and FF run and there were certain points which just hit a lot of the same note, mostly in issue 600. Firstly with Torch coming back where we see some familiar phrases:

And then in a separate story which looks at it from a cosmic perspective:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If it's that there will have to be more to it though, because the scale is well above Galactus.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Aphrodite posted:

If it's that there will have to be more to it though, because the scale is well above Galactus.

Maybe multiple Galactus seeds in multiple universes coming together at birth or something

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I was about to ask if the Galaxtus seed has ever even been referenced outside of Fraction's lovely Thor run?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if there's a multiversal scale galactus being, eating entire universes? Wooaaaaaaaah. :catdrugs:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SynthOrange posted:

What if there's a multiversal scale galactus being, eating entire universes? Wooaaaaaaaah. :catdrugs:

......and what if his name is Franklin Richards?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

team overhead smash posted:

Seeing as we're getting closer to the end of Hickman's Avengers, I'd like to put my money on The Destroyer being the new Galactus from the Galactus Seed that was introduced a few years abck and mentioned again in Hickman's Thor.

I initially took this too literally and imagined a suit of Asgardian armour mindlessly pootling about the cosmos eating planets and poo poo. It was a little confusing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What if the goal of incursions is to destroy the seeds, and the end of universes is just an unfortunate side effect?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
At NYCC today my girlfriend told Schiti that he should never let anyone do backup art for him because they are terrible. It was very embarrassing for him and me.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Was she talking about that issue of New Avengers because that was really jarring.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Yes she was. The phrase "fat bolt" was used. Schiti was unaware of fat bolt.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
New Avengers this week was less exciting than the last issue, but I still really enjoyed it. It serves as a nice counterpart to last month's issue of Avengers. Plus, I love seeing 616 becoming the beard universe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goldenoreos posted:

Plus, I love seeing 616 becoming the beard universe.

Pretty much why I was ok with a rather slow issue.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Since Time Runs Out started I think I've been liking Avengers more than New Avengers. Once NA kicks off again though I'm sure that will reverse again.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I thought Beard Team setting up in the underground city from S.H.I.E.L.D. was a great touch, but then they're done with it by the end of the issue.

And Reed? I think it's time to retire the "4" shirts at this point.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

redbackground posted:

I thought Beard Team setting up in the underground city from S.H.I.E.L.D. was a great touch, but then they're done with it by the end of the issue.

He's been wearing the uniform his family/team wears. Since he's not on the team, he probably just grabbed what he could.

Interesting that Pym was nowhere to be seen in this issue. I wonder if that was the guy Tony and Reed went to right before Infinity happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

redbackground posted:

Hey, he spent most of the issue hanging out with 3 other people.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Loved the S.H.I.E.L.D reference. I still hope that series comes more into play by the end of the run (and these last 2 issues release).

Brian looks awesome and I'm still confused as to why SHIELD would spend all these resources hunting down the Illuminati rather than the Cabal. No doubt this will be made clear as there are a lot of holes right now but that police state vibe is creepy.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

redbackground posted:

I really loved that. It's nice to see S.H.I.E.L.D. drawn into the main continuity, if only in a small way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

squidgee posted:

I really loved that. It's nice to see S.H.I.E.L.D. drawn into the main continuity, if only in a small way.

I am pretty sure it was also done in Secret Warriors.

• Locked thread