Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

I hope there'll be a baking episode.

EDIT:

Jeez Amuro, it's just a cake. You don't have to freak out like tha-

:stonk:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I know I'm kind of late but the first episode seemed really dumb to me and I didn't like it but it has lots of room to go up I guess.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spoilers SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

Mirai becomes a pilot at one point, uses the white "Bearguy F", apparently Yuuma helps in its construction

Also spoilers for the intro

http://i.imgur.com/O59C4JH.png
http://i.imgur.com/rhsztFy.png

e- Is Sekai's master female Domon or are those his arms/shoulder? Looks like a bow at the end of the chest area

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 11, 2014

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

muike posted:

I know I'm kind of late but the first episode seemed really dumb to me and I didn't like it but it has lots of room to go up I guess.

I was pretty indifferent to it myself despite loving the heck out of the first season. Felt like a rougher start than the first season to me, since we more or less had to sit through a tutorial session whereas the first season had Reiji figure it out live.

I think with me personally it's because the first season was the next Gundam thing after AGE, whereas this is happening at the same time as G-Reco and I'm just way more hyped for that!

Srice fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 11, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e- Is Sekai's master female Domon or are those his arms/shoulder? Looks like a bow at the end of the chest area

Allenby had a ribbon on the front of her pilot suit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Mirai becomes a pilot at one point, uses the white "Bearguy F", apparently Yuuma helps in its construction

We've already seen the model kit for this. The F is for "Family," and it has a baby Bearguy backpack that is a separate remotely controllable unit.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
That information is also up on the official (Japanese, at least) site. I'm not sure how much of a surprise it's supposed to be. :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

John Carstairs posted:

That information is also up on the official (Japanese, at least) site. I'm not sure how much of a surprise it's supposed to be. :v:

Thats where I got it. The images for the OP are leaked though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sekai's master being Domonby would be the most amazing thing and I hope it happens.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That would be cool and that boy had better earn his own gunpla instead of just finding one hidden inside of a Dom inside of a trophy inside of a trophy case inside of the shed outside the school which is inside japan, which is in the ocean, which is on the earth, which is in space, which is also where arian probably is. So when I put it like that it actually makes a lot of sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muike posted:

That would be cool and that boy had better earn his own gunpla instead of just finding one hidden inside of a Dom inside of a trophy inside of a trophy case inside of the shed outside the school which is inside japan, which is in the ocean, which is on the earth, which is in space, which is also where arian probably is. So when I put it like that it actually makes a lot of sense.

Well obviously mid-season he's going to use martial arts to sculpt a new one from a solid block of plastic with his bare hands.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I half expect the Build Burning to get completely trashed, and nobody on the team is actually good enough to repair it so they all just make something new.

And then maybe near the end Undercover Gunpla Cop Sei shows up and helps Sekai through making a hybrid of the two designs for the final upgrade.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I was pretty indifferent to it myself despite loving the heck out of the first season. Felt like a rougher start than the first season to me, since we more or less had to sit through a tutorial session whereas the first season had Reiji figure it out live.

I think with me personally it's because the first season was the next Gundam thing after AGE, whereas this is happening at the same time as G-Reco and I'm just way more hyped for that!

I think it's a better intro than the first series, but I think that only lasts as long as they realize it should be the Fuumina show about Fuumina, who is the strongest character so far.

muike posted:

My friend was real mad when the cool dom got exploded and the lamer gundam came out instead.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I knew it was gonna be something like that, but in my heart of hearts I was hoping for Duke Dom, Martial Art Mobile Suit extraordinaire to stick.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cao Ni Ma posted:

http://i.imgur.com/rhsztFy.png

Ethiser posted:

Allenby had a ribbon on the front of her pilot suit.

True, but...

That hairstyle is very much like Rain's

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
She's probably just a composite of all the main cast of G Gundam.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I think it's a better intro than the first series, but I think that only lasts as long as they realize it should be the Fuumina show about Fuumina, who is the strongest character so far.

Yeah I do hope that winds up being the case.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The hair of Rain, the body of Allenby, the outfit of Domon, and the mustache of Master Asia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SALT CURES HAM posted:

This would be hilarious since we all know that this being Gundam Valhalla they already exist as reincarnations. If its the case then all that hot blood that was lost became its own being and thats who the master is

Holy Beergut
Feb 2, 2010
Posted by a FB friend in Japan, basically says something to the effect of "Build Burning Gundam not included".

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

My friend was real mad when the cool dom got exploded and the lamer gundam came out instead.

This was really the only low point of the episode for me. The rest of the time I was grinning like an idiot. The first episode felt a lot like the first season, which can only mean good things.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Say what you want about that moment... it certainly left an impression on the audience. :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Say what you want about that moment... it certainly left an impression on the audience. :allears:

drat, that last one's going to be my new wallpaper.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TARDISman posted:

drat, that last one's going to be my new wallpaper.
Same.

...how the gently caress is it only 200kb?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I can't stop watching the scene where Build Burning explodes out of the Dom.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
That's normal.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

Man I can't stop watching the scene where Build Burning explodes out of the Dom.

I can't either.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GENKAI NANTE NAI

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
My favorite touch is actually the slam cut on the music right as the second verse starts because Mirai shows up. It just needed a record screech.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wonder if we'll see a subplot this season about one character who uses RGs or PGs dominating everyone with their super flexible and mobile Gunpla then losing to the main trio because the extra complexity means more can go wrong.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still waiting for there to be a character who says something along the lines of "1v1 space field, no modifications, RX-78s only". Because you know that's exactly what would happen if this were a real thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

I wonder if we'll see a subplot this season about one character who uses RGs or PGs dominating everyone with their super flexible and mobile Gunpla then losing to the main trio because the extra complexity means more can go wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kit Grade variety this season, considering they changed the GP base to display the type. I kinda want a to see a kit turn out to be RG instead of HG, just to see what happens.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kit Grade variety this season, considering they changed the GP base to display the type. I kinda want a to see a kit turn out to be RG instead of HG, just to see what happens.

There was a MG Musha Gundam in the melee at the start, remember.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Personally, I'd love it if they divided the tournaments into different "weight" classes and no I don't care if that just gives Bandai license to churn out more kits. :allears:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

Personally, I'd love it if they divided the tournaments into different "weight" classes and no I don't care if that just gives Bandai license to churn out more kits. :allears:

PG EZ-SR. This must happen. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There was always a slot for that. BF never used it, and I honestly don't expect Try to either because this show is about selling HGs.

Though if the upgrade is to a RG Build Burning I will laugh forever.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Poison Mushroom posted:

Soneone busts out a RG Freedom, Build Burning Gundam kicks it in the chest and its hips immediately detach from the torso. As soon as it hits the ground, its backpack shatters into a million pieces.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well Manicured Man posted:

Soneone busts out a RG Freedom, Build Burning Gundam kicks it in the chest and its hips immediately detach from the torso. As soon as it hits the ground, its backpack shatters into a million pieces.

Someone comes in looking smug about their shiny new RG RX-78-02. It falls to pieces the moment they set it on the launch pad.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RG Strike Freedom can not stand up, and the user is unable to SET HIS GUNPLA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I kind of hope we see more upgraded robots this season. It was fun to see customized starter-bots but it was also a bit disappointing that most of the upgrades were either backround fodder or one-shotted mooks.

• Locked thread