Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

This poll has been up for a month, where are all these new votes coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

wheez the roux posted:

im making an old school gdt megathread next sunday. split thread posters go ahead and do your thing in your balkanized subthreads ain't no one gonna stop yall but im gonna post like no one is watching :justpost:
Please name it in a way that makes people realize it a catch-all megathread. I don't want fence sitters to be drawn to one of the network threads.

Borsche69 posted:

LOL if you think people are responsible voters.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
THREAD STRATEGIZING

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
We gotta synergize the split threads for optimum posting experience

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Borsche69 posted:

Lots of people only click on TFF on Sundays

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Honestly split threads is one thing the Redzone thread going at the same time was a dumb idea from the start.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 6, 2014

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

wheez the roux posted:

im making an old school gdt megathread next sunday. split thread posters go ahead and do your thing in your balkanized subthreads ain't no one gonna stop yall but im gonna post like no one is watching :justpost:

Wheez's climb up the poster power rankings continues unabated.

This is probably the best solution until the minority of TFF that supports the network threads loses interest in them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

King Hong Kong posted:

This is probably the best solution until the minority of TFF that supports the network threads loses interest in them.

If it is a minority it's not by much. That option was winning the poll until fairly recently. It's a pretty even split. Neither side really has the consensus behind it which is frustrating from a moderation perspective because there's really no way for us to win.

Febreeze posted:

Honestly split threads is one thing the Redzone thread going at the same time was a dumb idea from the start.

Well one of the common complaints we got to the idea of a split thread is that a lot of people, especially early, watch Redzone, and it's pretty hard to participate if you're doing that with split threads, so it seemed like a good idea. I guess it died this week, but it's worth trying. People seemed to like it a lot earlier in the year.

I would prefer we did not try to do both things at once because that's confusing (and also doesn't actually give people who want one big thread what they want because a chunk of the forum is going to post in the split ones and the community will be balkanized anyway). Kalli and I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm leaning towards giving the One Big Thread a try again next week to see how people like it (it existed before, obviously, but maybe some people don't totally remember how those go or are new or whatever), and then leave the poll open for another week to decide what people want to do long term (should we do this I would ask that you please DO NOT try to start split threads as well). Obviously the poll being split more or less down the middle isn't ideal but I don't know what to do about that. Whichever way we do it is going to make some people mad, which really sucks, but so it goes, I guess. Realistically we can't have it both ways.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 6, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It's a lovely moderating situation but I don't think it's life or death. The purpose of the forum is sharing news and jokes and stuff and it does great for that

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

MourningView posted:

If it is a minority it's not by much. That option was winning the poll until fairly recently. It's a pretty even split. Neither side really has the consensus behind it which is frustrating from a moderation perspective because there's really no way for us to win.

Well one of the common complaints we got to the idea of a split thread is that a lot of people, especially early, watch Redzone, and it's pretty hard to participate if you're doing that with split threads, so it seemed like a good idea. I guess it died this week, but it's worth trying. People seemed to like it a lot earlier in the year.

I would prefer we did not try to do both things at once because that's confusing (and also doesn't actually give people who want one big thread what they want because a chunk of the forum is going to post in the split ones and the community will be balkanized anyway). Kalli and I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm leaning towards giving the One Big Thread a try again next week to see how people like it (it existed before, obviously, but maybe some people don't totally remember how those go or are new or whatever), and then leave the poll open for another week to decide what people want to do long term (should we do this I would ask that you please DO NOT try to start split threads as well). Obviously the poll being split more or less down the middle isn't ideal but I don't know what to do about that. Whichever way we do it is going to make some people mad, which really sucks, but so it goes, I guess. Realistically we can't have it both ways.

I was being sardonic and not entirely serious in my declaration. Either way, I'm sure whichever option Kalli and you end up supporting as the permanent solution will work well enough and neither you nor anyone else need worry much about whether it is entirely perfect.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Truly being unbiased: the split seems useful for weeks 1-3, then schedules thin out and big thread seems more manageable (so far).

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Internet moderators, I promise not to bitch incessantly at the conclusion you come to. That is my promise, to you

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I think we should at the very least kill the RZ thread and pump up the network threads. There's a happy medium even if the classic gdt is the best.

I say two weeks of classic gdts and then relaunch the poll with only two options, leave it open for a week, declare a winner based on majority.

I care very deeply about internet things.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

GNU Order posted:

Internet moderators, I promise not to bitch incessantly at the conclusion you come to. That is my promise, to you

Same.

I originally voted for split threads but it's really not a big deal what happens. It's nice having less clutter and all but personally I only post off of the last few responses off of any GDT. I do the same thing in split threads to keep up with GDTs: hit "post reply" and keep the tab open and read up on the most recent posts listed underneath, then just refresh occasionally.

The Dave posted:

Truly being unbiased: the split seems useful for weeks 1-3, then schedules thin out and big thread seems more manageable (so far).

Also this.

football fuckerman posted:

THREAD STRATEGIZING

I'm ready to get into some intense plans I have for some threads. You down, Rap?

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 6, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Dave posted:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Dave posted:

Agreed. Tbh I thought this was the plan to begin with.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Josh Lyman posted:

Please name it in a way that makes people realize it a catch-all megathread. I don't want fence sitters to be drawn to one of the network threads.

LOL if you think people are responsible voters.

If you're not checking all the boxes in a checkbox poll you're doing it wrong :colbert:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sour Diesel posted:

I'm ready to get into some intense plans I have for some threads. You down, Rap?

I'm workshopping thread titles as we post, my man

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Dave posted:

Honestly that's a good point. With bye weeks now in effect and the early seasonal posters leaving the big thread won't be as bad. It would also explain why Redzone died out.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Maybe retry the poll with no third option and get some of these fencesitters to make up their minds.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 7, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SlipUp posted:

Maybe retry the poll with no third option and get some of these fencesitters to make up their minds.
And don't let it allow you to vote for multiple options.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MonsterWalk posted:

I think we should at the very least kill the RZ thread and pump up the network threads. There's a happy medium even if the classic gdt is the best.

I say two weeks of classic gdts and then relaunch the poll with only two options, leave it open for a week, declare a winner based on majority.

I care very deeply about internet things.

We need to find some coding wizard who can combine both threads into one thread for those who want it and split it into two for those who want that.

Where's Radium's Enemy when we need him?

SlipUp posted:

Also this. But remove checkmarks.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

So help me god I will buy a second account to vote for both options and keep the checkbox poll alive

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

Lots of people only click on TFF on Sundays

There's like exactly 5 new votes every day though its really weird.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Maybe a mod is manipulating votes. I'm just asking questions here. :tinfoil:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chichevache posted:

You're a fan of a Pete Carroll team, we expect nothing less.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Reddit is everywhere. :tinfoil:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Chichevache posted:

#GamedayGate

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

There's like exactly 5 new votes every day though its really weird.

I keep changing my proxies.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

Dance puppets, dance.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I think we're done here, time to close the poll-- landslide victory for freedom.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

I think we're done here, time to close the poll-- landslide victory for freedom.

Nope.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

okay since it's later in the season im having a lot of fun in the merged gdt :justpost:'ing about weed and trailer park boys lets go back to the big threads

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Just checked it out and in my opinion the 1 big thread moves too fast and isn't good

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

In my opinion African AIDS cum is a big gay baby.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sophia came back and we had nuggetchat, this was a wonderful day for the most part

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

African AIDS cum posted:

Just checked it out and in my opinion the 1 big thread moves too fast and isn't good

It moves, like, a page every three minutes, come on.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

It moves, like, a page every three minutes, come on.

Just went to take the dogs out and i'm now 300 posts behind and i'll just have to call Eddie Lacey a fat piece of trash to myself

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Just went to take the dogs out and i'm now 300 posts behind and i'll just have to call Eddie Lacey a fat piece of trash to myself

Click on reply, under the reply box is more than a page worth of posts, scroll down to read a few, refresh every once in a while to see new posts without page navigation, it's what i've always done for busy GDTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

Click on reply, under the reply box is more than a page worth of posts, scroll down to read a few, refresh every once in a while to see new posts without page navigation, it's what i've always done for busy GDTs

Its too many posts, too much noise, impossible to follow. No need to cram it all into one thread. Its archaic.

• Locked thread