Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Bigass Moth posted:

Oh so this is the new "my dad loved the Steelers in the 70s" excuse?
Not really - You go 10 miles South/East, you don't get Browns/Indians games on TV at all.

That being said, most of the Steelers fans I know double-dip between all of the Pittsburgh teams and the Buckeyes :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

FuzzySkinner posted:

People that cherry picked the Steelers and still cheer on the Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes? 9 out of 10 times are assholes that are just doing it for attention.

Preaching truth on the Lord's day. A couple years ago the paper here in Columbus surveyed the masses. It was 1. Browns 2. Steelers 3. Bengals. And yeah, hand picked Steelers fans are either assholes or live in the hood. Like, predators_fan_picking_nose.gif dude.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Every Steelers fan I've ever met actually from Pittsburgh has been cool. Every Steelers fan from Ohio has been an obnoxious rear end about it.

Now living in Michigan, the Steelers fans here are somehow even more annoying.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Halah posted:

Preaching truth on the Lord's day. A couple years ago the paper here in Columbus surveyed the masses. It was 1. Browns 2. Steelers 3. Bengals. And yeah, hand picked Steelers fans are either assholes or live in the hood. Like, predators_fan_picking_nose.gif dude.

I went to High School with a guy who was a Michigan fan AND a Steeler fan.

I in fact double-downed on being a fan of the Browns after he kept mocking them like a :smug: rear end in a top hat. "They'll NEVER be good Fuzzy..." was the quote that did it, and made me forever the hopeless idiot I am today.

I remember the year the Steelers were making the Super Bowl run and hearing the most mind-blowingly stupid football talk among all the weird nerd kids in school about how they were all nervous when Tommy Maddox was playing, etc. This all going down when I was seeing Charlie Frye, and Trent Dilfer taking snaps for my terrible 2005 edition of the Cleveland Browns.

It sounded like rich people bitching about how their steak and lobster wasn't cooked right, while I was out back looking for stale bread in a dumpster.

I remember this one kid being :smug: about how much of a Steeler fan he was and then insisting that "Hines Ward" was the Steelers best defensive players.

When you're being smack talked by those types of people, believe me, it wears thin, and you really grow to loathe that franchise.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 12, 2014

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

wilderthanmild posted:

Bingo. Even worse are Steelers, Buckeyes only fans. Obvious front runner only fans.

lmao who the gently caress are they front runners for

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Steelers are garbage. Why is this even a thread?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
go for it

GO FOR IT

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mughe posted:

Hmm
*calculates on abacus with the focused intensity of a pianist performing Bach*

cuz gently caress u

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I mean yeah but... The Steelers are going to finish last in their division and still end up with a mid round draft pick.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mughe posted:

Like I said it shows you how little the Browns have had to feel good about. It's pitiful, but give them their moment.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Kawalimus posted:

Like I said it shows you how little the Browns have had to feel good about. It's pitiful, but give them their moment.

Oh, gently caress you, you hateful little man. I hope all birds everywhere die.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

sweet thursday posted:

Hmm
*calculates on abacus with the focused intensity of a pianist performing Bach*

cuz gently caress u

ayup.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Roasted Donut posted:

lmao who the gently caress are they front runners for

Well, those teams were good at one point you see. The Buckeyes still beat most teams. Most of that breed is probably jumping to another ship at this point.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

Well, those teams were good at one point you see. The Buckeyes still beat most teams. Most of that breed is probably jumping to another ship at this point.

I've not seen any Steeler stuff lately.

It's been nice.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Steelers fans at my bar today were spinning a tale of woe like they hadn't been in 3 Superbowls in the last decade.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I'm so proud of you guys. You hung in there.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

You ripped our team away, won 2 super bowls while we have had the Lerner poo poo show for 14 years, we are happy to be a competitive team again and you roll this poo poo out ? :frogout:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

You ripped our team away, won 2 super bowls while we have had the Lerner poo poo show for 14 years, we are happy to be a competitive team again and you roll this poo poo out ? :frogout:

Your team is my division rival, I really don't care about anything other than that.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

Gooooooooooo

gently caress

Yourself

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Your team is my division rival, I really don't care about anything other than that.

Your team is also their team.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Says the guy who would root for the Steelers over the rest of the division in the playoffs :frogout:

You have a truly excellent team and yet you are more pessimistic than any fan of any team but get a free pass because you like going out and looking at school girls birds with a pair of binoculars.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

Says the guy who would root for the Steelers over the rest of the division in the playoffs :frogout:

You have a truly excellent team and yet you are more pessimistic than any fan of any team but get a free pass because you like going out and looking at school girls birds with a pair of binoculars.

My team isn't excellent they're above average.

My team is my team. Just like the Colts are Indianapolis' team(though I do think the records should be in Baltimore, but c'est la vie), not Baltimore's team. I had no control over the move and shouldn't have to acknowledge my team used to be in another city. Blame Modell, not Ravens fans.

And yeah I'd root for the Steelers but only against other divisional foes.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Don't let this turn to a kawalimus thread.

You fuckers.

Stop giving him attention.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Don't let this turn to a kawalimus thread.

You fuckers.

Stop giving him attention.

Police should be giving him attention, creepy little gently caress.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Kawalimus is going to do what the Ravens never could and get me to dislike them.

Welp, thanks Browns for helping me not get down with my team sharting away a win. I'll probably watch this game like 6 times.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

Man, Browns fans, I love you guys, but you really need to get over this. Baltimore got way more screwed in losing the Colts than you guys did in losing the Browns and I don't have to put up with Ravens fans getting all pissy every time Indianapolis is brought up.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man, Browns fans, I love you guys, but you really need to get over this. Baltimore got way more screwed in losing the Colts than you guys did in losing the Browns and I don't have to put up with Ravens fans getting all pissy every time Indianapolis is brought up.

To be fair the success and Superbowl wins probably cooled off Baltimore fans a lot. I bet you'd see a lot more bitterness if we'd been more or less dog poo poo our entire existence and the Colts had Manning, Luck, and a SB win.

But I'd still never fault Indy fans for supporting their team.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
browns own, hoyer owns, jordan cameron owns, and josh gordon will be back and own also

go browns bitch

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Eifert Posting posted:

Kawalimus is going to do what the Ravens never could and get me to dislike them.

Welp, thanks Browns for helping me not get down with my team sharting away a win. I'll probably watch this game like 6 times.

Ohio Bros :hfive:

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Mughe posted:

Say that to a Steelers fan in Columbus and they'll say "I'd give you the finger but it has one of our many rings on it"

If they could form a sentence that is.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
The Browns won. That rules.

I'm wondering how good Hoyer is because he seems pretty loving good.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MonsterWalk posted:

I hope we pay him and trade Manziel to someone desperate enough to give us a first for him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
^Great Minds^

MonsterWalk posted:

If Hoyer stays good you could probably get some sweet trades for JFF in a year or two

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
If you enjoy the Steelers you are a legit bad person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-fAs9bj9uY

Ceterum autem censeo Pittsburgh esse delendam

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wait what

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's Jeff Reed, ex-Steelers kicker who's mostly known for attacking a towel dispenser.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

That's Jeff Reed, ex-Steelers kicker who's mostly known for attacking a towel dispenser.

For a second I thought it was Ben in a halloween costume or something

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Nope it's josh reed in a josh reed costume

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Flikken posted:

He's a hosed up weirdo and the Browns are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Here's what you guys are all forgetting

- Browns own
- Go browns
- gently caress the Steelers though for real, gently caress Antonio Brown, gently caress their idiot coach, gently caress Troy Polamalu for being an over the hill jackass who can't cover for poo poo, gently caress that lineman who cried like a child because someone touched his leg. gently caress heath miller and the most transparent white-player-liking this side of John Kuhn. gently caress their idiot punter for not holding the ball. When the Steelers gently caress up it feels very good deep inside me
- gently caress the ravens forever until I die, world without end. I want a fun challenging rivalry with the Steelers and I want the ravens to burn to death then have an emergency draft to restock the team then drown to death
- Go Browns

• Locked thread