Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mr Ed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

chapstickie posted:

One day in Storybrooke, David gets gunned down in the street. When they catch the culprit it turns out to be a previously unseen character who now lives under a bridge near the docks but used to be David's father's horse, and he's been planning this the whole drat time.

THE END

No, we'd have whole season learning how the Horse staged the father's cart accident because of Grave Injustices done a few generations ago.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

JawnV6 posted:

No, we'd have whole season learning how the Horse staged the father's cart accident because of Grave Injustices done a few generations ago.

King George turned David's father's horse's father into glue. Because King George can't stop loving over David's family.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tupping Liberty posted:

King George turned David's father's horse's father into glue. Because King George can't stop loving over David's family.

When are we getting a return of King George?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tupping Liberty posted:

I really want to see that scene from Lost with the MacCutcheon whiskey and Desmond, except it's King George and David's father is trying to marry into the family somehow. David is so enraged by that expensive glass of scotch that he determines to drink all the alcohol he can find, and on the way out, he steals a horse from King George just to spite him.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Macaluso posted:

It is a bit odd though because Elsa should have control of her powers at this point.

I rationalized this with thinking maybe she has to be not freaking out about things to control it.

Oroborus posted:

I feel like i'm missing a lot of little things because i never saw frozen.

"Aren't you cold? It's freezing."

"It's never bothered me."

:rimshot:

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Kraps posted:

"Aren't you cold? It's freezing."

"It's never bothered me."

:rimshot:

Normally really lame things like this bother me, but they're doing the Frozen stuff really well. And I didn't even like the actual movie, one of my least favorite Disney movies in recent history.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Gnossiennes posted:

I was wondering why the ice queen and Elsa casting was separate!

Why wouldn't they be?

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

The main things people might be missing are: 1) Elsa dissing (her) parents because they misinterpreted Grand Pabbie's cryptic advice about how to deal with her magic; 2) the word "monster" keeps coming up because that's how she was labeled by Ambassador rear end in a top hat when she accidentally created ice stalagmites during her coronation ball. This moves her to run away and kicks off the movie proper.

Kraps fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 12, 2014

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

KilGrey posted:

Why wouldn't they be?

Well presumably if someone thought they were the same character, separate castings would be weird. Technically Elsa is a queen isn't she?

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Merlinicus posted:

Well presumably if someone thought they were the same character, separate castings would be weird. Technically Elsa is a queen isn't she?

Yes she's the queen of Arendelle. Presumably OUAT is going to introduce another queen with the same powers, but it is confusing because the Disney and Frozen wikis all list Elsa as the "snow queen of Arendelle."

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

Merlinicus posted:

Maybe it's her mom, since everyone on this show is related.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

chapstickie posted:

Elsa was adopted by the late reigning couple of Arendelle?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Merlinicus posted:

Isn't "The Snow Queen" a different character from a different story? Come to think of it, I don't think that Snow Queen was a Disney story. Now I'm confused.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 12, 2014

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

KilGrey posted:

Isn't "The Snow Queen" a different character from a different story? Some to think of it, I don't think that Snow Queen was a Disney story. Now I'm confused.

Frozen was supposedly adapted by the Hans Christian Anderson tale "Snow Queen", but the character is so loosely adapted that the characters aren't really the same beyond they're both women with ice powers. I guess the other woman with ice powers in the town will be based off of the Hans Christian Anderson tale more.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

ashez2ashes posted:

Frozen was supposedly adapted by the Hans Christian Anderson tale "Snow Queen", but the character is so loosely adapted that the characters aren't really the same beyond they're both women with ice powers. I guess the other woman with ice powers in the town will be based off of the Hans Christian Anderson tale more.

Ah, okay. I seem to recall in the Hans Christian Anderson story she was evil and kidnapped a guy, right? Something about glass or ice in his eyes.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Wait a second. Please someone tell me that isn't loving Jimminy Cricket who died in S2 magically back from the dead. Is there a necromancer afoot in Storybrooke now, too?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Captain Mog posted:

Wait a second. Please someone tell me that isn't loving Jimminy Cricket who died in S2 magically back from the dead. Is there a necromancer afoot in Storybrooke now, too?

That wasnt really him, it was someone disguised as him

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

winvirus posted:

That wasnt really him, it was someone disguised as him

Oh, I remember it now. For some reason all I remembered about him was that funeral scene with everyone in the town pissed at Regina even though Cora "killed" him.

Whoever suggested last week that Hood will kiss Regina and it'll be the "true love's kiss" is looking to be spot-on.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What game are you playing here Rumple

They seem to have introduced a lot of things these past three episodes and I'm interested in seeing where it all goes. We still don't know what they're doing with Yensid's hat yet.

I can't figure out if the Ice Queen being in Storybrooke is a sudden magic thing or if she's supposed to have ALWAYS been there. I really hope it's not the latter cause I think Once is usually pretty good about that sort of thing. I mean you can introduce new characters in the Enchanted Forest all day long, but when you start doing that for fully magical characters in the tiny town that supposedly has always been there it's a bit much for me to believe.

Also Hook not being able to explain to Elsa what a phone is was hilarious.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

I really don't like how Belle is standing meekly and quietly behind Rumple every time he's a jerk to someone and/or doesn't help. Their relationship is creepy enough, but now she feels like she's lost her spirit too.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

ashez2ashes posted:

I really don't like how Belle is standing meekly and quietly behind Rumple every time he's a jerk to someone and/or doesn't help. Their relationship is creepy enough, but now she feels like she's lost her spirit too.

I think it's mostly a function of needing to remind the audience they're still around even though the plot has nothing for them to do yet. But the writers are Chekhov's Gun-ing that Belle/dagger issue pretty hard, so you'd probably be safe to assume the whole thing will hit the fan at some point.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

chapstickie posted:

SO CLOSE!

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

I found concept art for the new queen.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The little exchange between Elsa and Hook when he pulled out the phone was hilarious.

Elsa: "What is that?"
Hook: "It's a device for communication, it...well I don't know I press the Emma button and she answers"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I loved the theme naming of Operation Mongoose for Regina's plan.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I think I lost track of the dagger, I thought Gold gave Bella the real one in the first ep this season but now she has the fake one again?

Also a bit annoyed they didn't have Marrion's son try break the spell, it's like they forgot the lesson of both frozen and season one.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Also a bit annoyed they didn't have Marrion's son try break the spell, it's like they forgot the lesson of both frozen and season one.

My first thought as well.

I really like the relationship that Henry has with Regina now. I think they've done a good job getting Henry over the awkward little-kid-to-adolescent hump.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
Really like the snow queens costume. I do wonder what happened in the past with her and Emma, it could be a million things at this point i guess. 'Snow white' had a long lost half-sister whose mother was the snow queen whose sister was the queen of Arendelle whose daughter was another snow queen but not the real snow queen? Not likely but my head is a maze.

The bits with the knave were quite funny, didn't expect him to be in it so soon though.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

The little exchange between Elsa and Hook when he pulled out the phone was hilarious.

Elsa: "What is that?"
Hook: "It's a device for communication, it...well I don't know I press the Emma button and she answers"

It was even better than that! "and she answers...sometimes."
And then he leaves a message that was something like, "I don't know why you bother carrying this device if you never pick up when I call"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ela posted:

Really like the snow queens costume. I do wonder what happened in the past with her and Emma, it could be a million things at this point i guess. 'Snow white' had a long lost half-sister whose mother was the snow queen whose sister was the queen of Arendelle whose daughter was another snow queen but not the real snow queen? Not likely but my head is a maze.

The bits with the knave were quite funny, didn't expect him to be in it so soon though.

Emma must have met her in the "real world" sometime between her birth and Henry returning to her, otherwise we would have to know about their encounter.

Avalerion posted:

I think I lost track of the dagger, I thought Gold gave Bella the real one in the first ep this season but now she has the fake one again?

Gold thought about exchanging the dagger but never really did. He is procrastinating hard on that one and I think it's fair to say that it will cause major blowback once Bell notices it. He might be the villain of the backhalf of this season if he goes full on evil after Bell breaks up with him.

The kiss would have had the same effect as Hood, as we know from him telling his mother "Regina would have let me get icecream". Both (Hood and son) are clearly estranged from Marian because of the whole "not cursed but time travel" way she got to Story Brook.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Gold thought about exchanging the dagger but never really did.

Specifically it seems that he planned to give the dagger back UNTIL he stumbled across the hat in the mystery house. That changed his plan. And how he wants the Ice Queen to make a deal with him? What is your GAME, Rumple

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

Emma must have met her in the "real world" sometime between her birth and Henry returning to her, otherwise we would have to know about their encounter.

Gold thought about exchanging the dagger but never really did. He is procrastinating hard on that one and I think it's fair to say that it will cause major blowback once Bell notices it. He might be the villain of the backhalf of this season if he goes full on evil after Bell breaks up with him.

The kiss would have had the same effect as Hood, as we know from him telling his mother "Regina would have let me get icecream". Both (Hood and son) are clearly estranged from Marian because of the whole "not cursed but time travel" way she got to Story Brook.

I think I heard Robin give some bullshit answer about the ice creating a barrier between the kiss.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Ela posted:

Who's the knave? Will Scarlet? I really liked him and I hope he becomes a regular. Maybe he can hook up with Ruby.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

fork bomb posted:

Who's the knave? Will Scarlet? I really liked him and I hope he becomes a regular. Maybe he can hook up with Ruby.

Any reason to bring Ruby back is good enough for me :swoon:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

fork bomb posted:

My first thought as well.

I really like the relationship that Henry has with Regina now. I think they've done a good job getting Henry over the awkward little-kid-to-adolescent hump.

Regina was trying real hard to be the "cool mom" this episode.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

It helps that Henry isn't a "precocious kid" anymore, and he kind of sounds like my nephew with the voice changing.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

fork bomb posted:

He ended up happily ever after with the Red Queen in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I guess this happened before that other show?

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

ashez2ashes posted:

He ended up happily ever after with the Red Queen in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I guess this happened before that other show?

I didn't watch Wonderland but I might binge on it to fill in any gaps I have if it gets put on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

There is a point in Wonderland when the Knave visits storybrook so I'm sure someone can figure out the timeline from that :v:

• Locked thread