Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Denzine posted:

Slot +duration to increase its length, +range to increase its width.
Really minor quibble, but it took me forever to get the power modifying mods and I still don't even have all of them. I'm guessing he has even less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Clan chaaaaat.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Seriously, I have like 3 Streamlines I can't get rid of.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Azran posted:

Clan chaaaaat.

No.

No no no no no.

Aliiance chat. Stop forgetting about those of us who like actually having the new clan poo poo in a reasonable amount of time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The hordes of enemies in the event is fantastic fun and I hope all excavation missions are as batshit frantic

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The hordes of enemies in the event is fantastic fun and I hope all excavation missions are as batshit frantic

Seriously. In one mission with Malachite_Dragon and a couple other goons, I took my just-forma'd Latron Wraith from 0 to like 12 or something.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

hooah posted:

Seriously. In one mission with Malachite_Dragon and a couple other goons, I took my just-forma'd Latron Wraith from 0 to like 12 or something.

I took a Volt in there, expecting a bog-standard defense mission. I lagged my team out with an Overload at the very last tower (thankfully none of them lost connection). Between the sparking effects and the audio clip it plays when a Grineer starts getting tased, I'm surprised I didn't DC, let alone crash it for my whole team.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

hooah posted:

Between the four of us we killed just shy of two thousand Grineer and skates :psyboom: and that was just doing the bare minimum of 2,000 points. I bet we could've gone even longer.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Is this game kind of slow to get moving? Steam says I've got 8 hours in it and I'm still tooling around with my starting frame, sword, bow, and throwing knives. It doesn't explain things very well, but from what I've picked up the way to gear up is to buy blueprints off the market, then grind for crafting mats? Although I'm kind of leery to buy anything, because the one blueprint I did find, for a dark sword or something like that, requires mats that don't seem to drop on any of the planets I have access to so far. I don't want to sink pretty much all of my coin into something only to find that I need space metal that only drops from Uranus (lol) and I can't unlock Uranus without going through 5 other planets first.

It took me a while to figure out what I was even supposed to be doing after the starting tutorial story thing ended. I didn't just want to redo what I'd already done, and it took a bit of searching before I realized that the slightly more shiny border around some missions meant they were 'new'. The navigation UI is definitely a sacrifice of functionality for the sake of looking pretty. Is there anything to tell me what I should be focusing on right now? I've got most of the Earth missions done, and only a couple on whatever the other two planets you start out with are. Mercury and Venus, I think?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BobTheJanitor posted:

Is this game kind of slow to get moving?
It is slow without friends. Get some goons to help you ASAP, even if it's just to ferry you around to get some poo poo to get up to Mastery 2 so that they can trade you real stuff. There's a 24 hour lockout on mastery tests though so that will take you at least two days.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
1. Get a good primary weapon. Boltor is a good choice, though some people seem to like karak.
2. Get a rhino. Farm up the blueprints from the boss on venus.
3. Get a carrier sentinel.
4. Get any important mods you are missing via clan chat.

Congratulations, you have the bare minimum to make this game not awful. Build stuff, level it by killing guys and then build more stuff. Aside from events that's pretty much all there is to the game.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Boltor if you have good aim with projectiles with travel time. If you enjoy bows this should be easy. But Boltor requires mastery rank 4 I think. Karak is standard automatic rifle and only mastery rank 2. If you enjoy military shooters, this is great until you get to mastery rank 7 and eligible for the Soma.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Boltor is also rank 2.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

BobTheJanitor posted:

Is this game kind of slow to get moving? Steam says I've got 8 hours in it and I'm still tooling around with my starting frame, sword, bow, and throwing knives. It doesn't explain things very well, but from what I've picked up the way to gear up is to buy blueprints off the market, then grind for crafting mats? Although I'm kind of leery to buy anything, because the one blueprint I did find, for a dark sword or something like that, requires mats that don't seem to drop on any of the planets I have access to so far. I don't want to sink pretty much all of my coin into something only to find that I need space metal that only drops from Uranus (lol) and I can't unlock Uranus without going through 5 other planets first.

It took me a while to figure out what I was even supposed to be doing after the starting tutorial story thing ended. I didn't just want to redo what I'd already done, and it took a bit of searching before I realized that the slightly more shiny border around some missions meant they were 'new'. The navigation UI is definitely a sacrifice of functionality for the sake of looking pretty. Is there anything to tell me what I should be focusing on right now? I've got most of the Earth missions done, and only a couple on whatever the other two planets you start out with are. Mercury and Venus, I think?

Slow to start is putting it mildly. Right now you should be focusing on unlocking more planets so you get access to more materials. You don't need to totally clear the map to get access to everything. Earth, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn are the first six areas, and together give you every resource except Argon and Control Modules, both of which are easily accessed via the Void.

Absolutely link up with the clan. Besides offering a place to get quick answers to questions and link up for lucrative missions, you'll be able to easily get a hold of a bunch of important mods to get you started. Don't be afraid to ask for help, those of us who have done most anything love to have an excuse to dip back into newbie content. You'll also get earlier access to the more bonkers stuff you can do, like missions where you kill literally multiple thousands of enemies.

Keep in mind you can always buy another Mk1 if you're looking to tool around with a different style. They're not really good long-term investments (for God's sake don't shove a catalyst in one), but they're cheap and readily available. If credits are a concern then I'll reiterate that you should get in the clan. There are missions later on that spit out 20k credits in a couple minutes.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

BobTheJanitor posted:

Is this game kind of slow to get moving? Steam says I've got 8 hours in it...

I didn't start having an ounce of fun until Steam said I had more than 60 hours in the game.

I really want to stress that while listening to advice is good, you should really, really focus on finding a very specific aspect of the game you enjoy and just loving cling to it, because it's the only true way to relinquish yourself to the endless bugs and the endless grinds.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I think finding a loadout that you really like is also important because there's a ton of grinding in this game. Some things I like:

- The Attica is an automatic crossbow that can be modded to fire explosive bolts. This is exactly as awesome as you think it is. You do need to get to Mastery 4 to use it, though.
- Secondaries are ehhh. I don't really have any strong opinions on them; the Akbolto (like the Boltor, but dual-wielding pistols) is solid.
- The Dual Ether is a solid melee weapon that lets you move around at a pretty good clip by coptering (start running, crouch, melee, and you'll spin and move at like 2x speed). Kogake/Obex let you be Fist of the North Star but you can't copter with 'em.

Once you find that loadout, use an Orokin Reactor on the frame and an Orokin Catalyst on the weapon so that you can slot in double the mod points. Even before then, ask goons for spare mods! Each weapon type has a full complement of elemental mods as well as a base damage mod, and having those is essential to making your weapons feel like they're actually doing anything. (Seriously, my kitted out Soma deals like 6x base DPS and it's not even fully maxed.)

This post has some good farming spots, though you probably can't get to Sedna and Ceres yet. The wiki has a map of what unlocks what.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Sighence posted:

No.

No no no no no.

Aliiance chat. Stop forgetting about those of us who like actually having the new clan poo poo in a reasonable amount of time.

What? The only time the main goon clan has been behind on research is when it takes something completely loving dumb like a brand new resource, or one that is loving stupid retarded to farm like oxium. Everyone has to wait 3 days anyway, so I'm not sure what you're getting at, and besides that you're missing the best dojo. :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DelphiAegis posted:

What? The only time the main goon clan has been behind on research is when it takes something completely loving dumb like a brand new resource, or one that is loving stupid retarded to farm like oxium. Everyone has to wait 3 days anyway, so I'm not sure what you're getting at, and besides that you're missing the best dojo. :colbert:

For once Delphi and I are in complete agreement. The only time I've seen that we've ever been not almost immediately researching the new poo poo is when it was the Galaxion. Our dojo has a teleporter leading to the empty hellspace outside the map, that automatically makes it The Best Dojo.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

wid posted:

Boltor if you have good aim with projectiles with travel time. If you enjoy bows this should be easy. But Boltor requires mastery rank 4 I think. Karak is standard automatic rifle and only mastery rank 2. If you enjoy military shooters, this is great until you get to mastery rank 7 and eligible for the Soma.

Soma is rank 6 yo.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

vOv posted:

- Secondaries are ehhh. I don't really have any strong opinions on them; the Akbolto (like the Boltor, but dual-wielding pistols) is solid.
People have recommended the Marelok and after getting and modding it that thing is like a loving magnum. There's other guns that are supposed to work like that but they all had disappointing damage for the delay, while the Marelok actually does one shot a lot of things for me.

That said, again not a newbie gun. In fact I hated all the newbie secondaries except maybe the AkBronco.

Angstrum is of course something you should get too but it's rank 4 and you can explode yourself often with it.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 13, 2014

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The Marelok is handily the best "magnum" type secondary. It's a LOT better than the Lex Prime despite what the stats might suggest.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Alliance chat is maybe 2 more people than the main goon chat, sometimes it's handy for getting that one last guy for a void mission, but there is no real reason to use it regularly.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I've got a bunch of buddies who are endgame-as-it-gets, and I'm just about finished playing catch up. Now I'm looking at where to best put my potatoes, my formas and so on. Could someone give me a quick sanity check for a non-poopsocker (i.e. no 5 forma) ? I have:

Frames:
- Crit/hysteria Valk build (waiting on my next rank test to get Dual Ichors) which goes fine in up to T3 but if I get drained it's lights out.
-Globe Frost build
-Fresh out of the shop Mag Prime and Nekros

Primaries:
-Paris Prime (potted)
-Boltor Prime

Secondaries:
-Bolto
-Stug
-Marelok BP ready

Melee:
-Atterax/Dual Cleavers
-Dual Ichor BP ready

I would really like to be able to pull my weight in T4, we struggle with S/D/MD quite a bit. From what I can gather Frost is best for D/MD and Nekros for S - but with so many choices available, I don't know where to start!

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Well now, the Valkyr has the benefit of invulnerability at the expense of being limited to melee range while invisible, which can hold you back damage wise in comparison to a Soma or Amprex or Boltor Prime. It can certainly help with some situations where buffing your allies with the screamy thing can synergize well with Rhino's Roar, making this perfect storm of bullshit going on.
Globe Frost is a good choice for Defenses and Mobile Defenses, as well as holding points for Interception and defending capsules in Survival. Frost also has cool legboot things goin on which is pretty good if you care about aesthetic things like that.
Mag Prime is the ultimate annihilator in regards to Corpus forces, just trounces any real opposition they provide, and she's decent for everything else in general.
Nekros will be useful as a Desecrate mule, and if you stack on Rage, Equilibrium and the one mod that consumes energy to keep you from dying at low health, Nekros can sustain himself for a surprisingly good period. It's expensive in regards to Fusion though, and not a lot of people can pull it off effectively.

Paris Prime and Boltor Prime will be a great primary pair, Boltor for general purpose and Paris for dealing with single targets that have a great deal of health, such as Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Infested Ancients. Bolto (and Akbolto) are awesome, Stug has some niche bits but can be underwhelming when in longterm defenses and survivals, and the Marelok is pretty much the best secondary outside of the Brakk, which might be an issue to obtain.
Atterax can be fun, and is a very very slight improvement over Dual Ichors when it comes to a Valk' Hysteria build (attack speed doesn't change the valkyr weapon things and the increased status lets it crit and status as well. Dual Cleavers aren't really the best weapon, they're good for Mastery at least, and Dual Ichors are completely dominant in regards to attacking and coptering, it's a very good weapon.

You're making good choices so far, and with time you'll learn the true mystical abilities of poopsocking in a space ninja game with psychotic goondongers, have fun with it!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Don't feel bad about not being able to pull your weight in T4, it's a pain in the rear end even if you are properly equipped for it. But those sweet, sweet five-packs of Rare5 cores :negative: The things we do for crack cores.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

A well forma'd/modded Boltor P and a well modded Mag P is amazing for T4. Pull and crush are nice and effective for a good while, and Shield polarise makes Vor almost trivial. Boltor P is simply a great T4 weapon, but to get the most, it does take a few formas. BUT. Those are formas well spent, and hard to regret. (I pretty mush only ever use my Boltor P when I'm not leveling a different primary, or shooting a Boss.)

Dual Ichor Valk is also amazing, though a bit of an arse on the mod front to get right. However, only one forma to get the polarities right.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Which forma for the right polarity please? Aura?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I dropped a Skill polarity for a D (I actually hosed up originally, and had to re-forma to fix my mistake). It can be argued that forma-ing it a few more times isn't a terrible idea to bump up capacity space.

This is the build, as it stands. Ideally, blind rage needs more juice, but I've just not got around to pumping cores into it yet...

This is the guide I roughly followed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bm7swRhvsg

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 13, 2014

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Why do you not have Ripline slotted in? Do you have something against playing berserker Wolverine ninja Spiderman?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
A lot of people slot in Narrow Minded to get perma-Hysteria and that build type tends to leave them with not much space for something like Ripline when its effective distance becomes 5 feet.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

That build doesn't really use Hysteria much other than a panic button res state for when your buddies can't cope with the punishment you can. Ripline is meh compared to being able to perma channel, gain life faster than you can lose it, and hit faster and harder than greased lightning. 5 digit crits and an attack speed with buffs faster than you can actually press F. Also, Coptering is pretty much transformed into teleporting because your attack animation is so stupidly fast. (OK, this occasionally causes accidental clipping issues, but meh.)

Valk-Ichor combo is literally the immortal blender build of Warframe.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I had a bizarre glitch that actually worked in my favor last night. Playing a T4S and my game freezes, but I can still hear the noises of the game being played. So I leave the game open hoping that once my teammates decide to leave it'll register as a completion for me and I'll get to keep the loot, since we'd scored a Rhino Prime Chassis which completes it for me and I was really frustrated. Once the sounds of gunfire stop I close the game, start it back up, and hallelujah I have a RP Chassis blueprint ready to go in the foundry. I message the guy who's key it was saying thanks for the run and sorry I crashed out, but I got to keep the loot. He says that him and the rest of the group all died after I froze and so they lost the key and didn't get anything. I have no idea how this occured but I'm not complaining.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Sprecherscrow posted:

I had a bizarre glitch that actually worked in my favor last night. Playing a T4S and my game freezes, but I can still hear the noises of the game being played. So I leave the game open hoping that once my teammates decide to leave it'll register as a completion for me and I'll get to keep the loot, since we'd scored a Rhino Prime Chassis which completes it for me and I was really frustrated. Once the sounds of gunfire stop I close the game, start it back up, and hallelujah I have a RP Chassis blueprint ready to go in the foundry. I message the guy who's key it was saying thanks for the run and sorry I crashed out, but I got to keep the loot. He says that him and the rest of the group all died after I froze and so they lost the key and didn't get anything. I have no idea how this occured but I'm not complaining.

That's not a glitch. If you bug out, or leave the game due to disconnect, you keep all your rewards in survival mode.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Xaerael posted:

That's not a glitch. If you bug out, or leave the game due to disconnect, you keep all your rewards in survival mode.

Good to know. I'd been tentative about playing void survivals since my game freezes more in the void than anywhere else.

I was doing a key share (T4E) with some pubbies one time after running the Mars Interception. I was going to be the 4th key used and my game crashes when we're running the 3rd key and I felt kind of guilty that I'd gotten two free runs without giving anything in return.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Does no one play this on PS4?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Comrade Flynn posted:

At least some people do, but also at least some of those people can't exist without stirring up drama within their own clan.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Very few, at the moment. Pre-Destiny there were usually 3-4 people at least online every evening, but almost all of those people are playing Destiny exclusively nowadays (and a little Shadow of Mordor), and the rest aren't playing nearly as much.

(That's people in the two clans I know about. Overall, it feels like a lot fewer people are playing, but it's hard to be sure since they also did the change where fewer people show up on the lists in Chat even with equal people online.)

Maybe people will get tired of Destiny and drift back, or maybe they'll all end up playing Advanced Warfare and one of the racing games; who knows?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
A lot of people avoid playing on PS4 due to the Digital Extremes 2014 Conspiracy.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.

Azran posted:

A lot of people avoid playing on PS4 due to the Digital Extremes 2014 Conspiracy.

What is the 2014 Conspiracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Didn't the PS4 goons have some stupid drama and and then split into two clans? Yeah and also the DE Conspiracy to keep the console peasants in their place.

Panzerkin3D posted:

What is the 2014 Conspiracy?

DE was late with an update once, therefore they hate the PS4 player base.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 13, 2014