Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Oh sweet, in myGM Ray Allen told me in person he's retiring and I had an option to get him back for one more year in exchange for promising him the Head Coach position (which costs me 1200 VC for some reason). Screw that since Ray Allen would be a super spergy HC, but that's an awesome feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

zelah posted:

Do you mean the menu in MyCareer between games? Changing stuff during games never saves for me but it looks like changing them in the menu between games works so far.

Nah, I've tried doing it in the title screen's main menu, tried doing it mid game in My Player, tried doing it mid game in My Player then saving the match and reentering it, nothing is making it stick.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Nah, I've tried doing it in the title screen's main menu, tried doing it mid game in My Player, tried doing it mid game in My Player then saving the match and reentering it, nothing is making it stick.

My favorite part is how the audio sliders in the in-between-games options menu in myCareer inexplicably don't include the commentator volume slider. Like, how does that even happen? :psyduck:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

the wildest turkey posted:

Illegal screens are this year's kicked ball violations (i.e. I see at LEAST 1-2 per game). 1000x less annoying than a kick violation though. But seriously it's like all bigs in the NBA 2K world graduated from the Kevin Garnett school of screen-setting except they actually get called for it
This is the thing I'm most upset about because I created a guy in line with my own real-life playing style (a 6'11" 299lbs PF who I'm gonna get a ton of points in passing and defense for) and now I can't set dirty as gently caress screens constantly and it's really detracting from my immersion

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
You just gotta get set before you screen, no sprinting into someone and smashing the screen button, although the new animations own a lot. I accidentally straight up crushed someone with a forearm smash when I was too eager with a screen earlier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Just got subbed on with 3 seconds left in the first, bizarre.

This happens all the time in the NBA, it's so the real players don't get a cheap foul at the end of the quarter.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah the annoying part is when you get the long animation/cutscene where your guy is waiting for the play to end to go in, so you waste like 20 seconds watching the computer run a play, a timeout animation, a subbing in animation, then the actual 5 second play, then the end of quarter animation, then the start of quarter animation, then the "you're benched again" animation, and then you press A and might actually get to play.

It's something that's not a big deal, but gets increasingly annoying the more you play and the 10th, 15th, 20th, etc. time that you have to sit through it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

This happens all the time in the NBA, it's so the real players don't get a cheap foul at the end of the quarter.

Rude, I'm a real player :ducksiren:

But yeah, what VDay said, there's an excess of unskippable animations happening multiple times per game.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Is there no way to change the quarter length of simulated games (games between other teams) in the my career mode?

It's kind of hard to put up numbers similar to the other rookies when their playing 12 minute quarters and I'm only playing 6 minute quarters.

I realise there is the '36 minute filter' for the stats, but that just makes it so I'm way ahead of every rookie except for like 2 who must have only played 1 game but scored 50 points in it.

Just bumping this in the hopes of an answer either way.

It took me 14 games to become a starter with orlando as a point gaurd. I think at the time i was 65 overall. Now im 69 or 70 overall and routinely putting up ~20 points a game. I'm barely managing more than 4 or 5 assists tho as it doesnt seem anyone else on the team can score all that well (at full time with 6 minute quarters the final scores are anywhere between 40 and 60 points per team).

Something else i've noticed is that I'm not the only new starter on the team. Frye has been benched (in favour of Gordon, another rookie) which is great because hes the player with the voice acting and now I don't feel like an rear end when I choose not to put up with his poo poo (plus the rear end in a top hat checked my phone while i was out of the locker room hanging out with Olidapo).

I've found it pretty easy to get 4 or 5 steals a game by swatting the ball away from the pf's and centers while their trying to post up.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I really wish the cheerleaders had more than 2 routines. This head jerking dance is making physically angry irl

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Dang I just got ejected, game owns.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

I really wish the cheerleaders had more than 2 routines. This head jerking dance is making physically angry irl

They should give Doris Burke dance moves.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Just bumping this in the hopes of an answer either way.

You can change the in game quarter length between games. But not the sim length. I switched from 6 to 8 minutes and it seems to be a bit better. That was the quarter length in 2k14 career mode too

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up for oblivious people like me who just opened the game and put it in without looking at the instructions or anything, there's a 10k VC code printed on a sheet inside the case.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

KDdidit posted:

Just a heads up for oblivious people like me who just opened the game and put it in without looking at the instructions or anything, there's a 10k VC code printed on a sheet inside the case.

I wish they'd give us our preorder bonus for the steam version

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah and everyone you play against in myTeam knows it. So you'll have Jimmer Fredette drop 45 on you on 12/14 from 3 pretty regularly since transition defense is hard as gently caress.

It was the same way in 2k13. I would always respond by playing as slow as possible, posting up and making extra passes - generally using the entire shot clock every position. You could tell the other guy would get really frustrated as they started chucking up bad shots to speed up the game. It was pretty fun.

Changing the defensive settings in the coaching menu was also essential, unfortunately. You'd have to set all your players to "defend closely" every game if you wanted them to try at all.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Faxanadu posted:

You can change the in game quarter length between games. But not the sim length. I switched from 6 to 8 minutes and it seems to be a bit better. That was the quarter length in 2k14 career mode too

What's the sim length by default? If it isn't 12 minutes, can I make it that somehow if I restart?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hopterque posted:

Dang I just got ejected, game owns.

I wonder if it's possible for your dude to have a career ending injury?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

MyNBA2K15 is now out on the iOS app store. Get some free daily VC.

Edit: Looks like there are opportunities to get lots of VC this year? I am not really sure how it works just yet but my first daily bonus was for almost 3k VC.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 13, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goddamnit. My loving Save is apparently torched for MyCareer now. So all of that VC I earned, and spent used codes on are now wasted hooray.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Myplayer OWNS if you try some dumb gimmick player. I've always played to just break the game before, so this season I started a 6'11 white center who only rebounds, dunks and defends, and it's the most fun thing ever, just running around setting screens and grabbing rebounds like Hansbrough.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IMB posted:

Myplayer OWNS if you try some dumb gimmick player. I've always played to just break the game before, so this season I started a 6'11 white center who only rebounds, dunks and defends, and it's the most fun thing ever, just running around setting screens and grabbing rebounds like Hansbrough.

That's not a dumb gimmick player, that's actually the right way to play MyPlayer until you get your stats up.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

That's not a dumb gimmick player, that's actually the right way to play MyPlayer until you get your stats up.

Yeah this is basically me, except instead of dunks its post play.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Now that the servers are working MyTeam is pretty fun. I've got a good lineup going of Kyrie, Monta, Giannis, Cousins, and Sanders. The only thing is its getting tough to 3 star these domination matches. I can barely break 700 in 6 min quarters. What's the best way to consistently get high scores in this? There's no way to change to longer quarters is there?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If I don't have the box in the upper right telling me I'm getting VC for everything I do am I still earning it if I'm connected to the servers? I was playing a game in myGM and didn't notice it wasn't there until halfway through, and didn't remember how many I had before the game when I looked afterward.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

On the one hand, my player is a white 6'11" 299lbs bruiser who sets as many dirty screens as possible and measures his success by how many times he shoves people over on "box-outs", but on the other, he's well on the way to maxing out his playmaking skill and runs the offense through himself as much as possible in spite of having Ricky Rubio as his point guard. In conclusion, MyCareer is a land of contrasts

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mandrel posted:

Now that the servers are working MyTeam is pretty fun. I've got a good lineup going of Kyrie, Monta, Giannis, Cousins, and Sanders. The only thing is its getting tough to 3 star these domination matches. I can barely break 700 in 6 min quarters. What's the best way to consistently get high scores in this? There's no way to change to longer quarters is there?
Need to pile up fast break+asst+made shot+layups. If you're confident you'll win, sag off everyone on D or trap and try to get the opponent to shoot as quickly as possible. Asst+post move gets you a bunch of points, but sometime the post move takes too long and you don't get the assist. Basically assist on every basket and run and gun.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ihatepants posted:

MyNBA2K15 is now out on the iOS app store. Get some free daily VC.

Edit: Looks like there are opportunities to get lots of VC this year? I am not really sure how it works just yet but my first daily bonus was for almost 3k VC.

How do I get this to sync with my account? Every time I try to log in it says it's done but doesn't do anything. Do I have to verify it from my PS4 first?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Tried to play some MyTeam road to the playoffs matches last night, but the two people I played were just launching three balls within the first four seconds of the shot clock the whole game. Tried adjusting the AI defending to play tighter, but it didn't really change much. Defending on the ball by myself was pretty much impossible due to the lag.

It is entirely likely that I am just horrible at the game, but I got massacred both times.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Just make sure you win the battle inside. Points in the paint and rebounding are the keys to winning most games in the nba.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Faxanadu posted:

Just make sure you win the battle inside. Points in the paint and rebounding are the keys to winning most games in the nba.

Tell me about it. Played against the Timberwolves and got decimated by the foreign dude getting rebound after rebound. He fouled out in the 4th but we still got decimated by like 20.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 13, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Holyshoot posted:

Tell me about it. Played against the Timberwolves and got decimated by the foreign dude getting rebound after rebound. He fouled out in the 4th but we still got decimated by like 20.

Which one, Pekovic or Dieng?

:getin:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Which one, Pekovic or Dieng?

:getin:

Pekovic. gently caress that guy.

what does it mean when I get passed the ball and then my point guard has a red dash circle around the letter x?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Just made a great dunk then my player was locked into a celebration and ran himself into the spectators

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Holyshoot posted:

Pekovic. gently caress that guy.

what does it mean when I get passed the ball and then my point guard has a red dash circle around the letter x?

I think what you're referring to is that play that was called means it should go back to the PG. If you want the play to run, pass to him. But gently caress that guy, you got this.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lockback posted:

I think what you're referring to is that play that was called means it should go back to the PG. If you want the play to run, pass to him. But gently caress that guy, you got this.

Pretty much. But I do need my team to play well otherwise we just lose.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Cool, suddenly I can't play Mycareer/Myplayer anymore. Why is this game so fun and cool and so incredibly broken.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are too many modes I want to play at once. MyTeam, MyGM, and MyCareer. Going to be hard to finish a season.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Do you guys use user timing or actual player shot % for shooting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Wow is online play busted. The netcode is pretty lovely, and the 3pt shooting is just stupid. Went something like 11/14 from 3 with Aaron Brooks, and I had to keep bombing since my opponent was doing the same thing.

Yeah, I really want to like myTeam but I don't make enough points to replace the guys I'm losing. I'm not spending money so I guess its just lovely.

Holyshoot posted:

Do you guys use user timing or actual player shot % for shooting?

Timing. Though they need to adjust it since its far too easy to shoot right now.

• Locked thread