Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good thing nobody made it weird or anything.\

Also that Lego game is going to be insane. Over the last few days they also announced Detective Chimp, Condiment King, and Duck Dodgers Green Lantern. And Conan O'Brien serves as a guide in the story mode.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

coyo7e posted:

She has always looked pretty top-heavy and had chicken legs, though. She spends half the first season in some form of boxers/short-shorts while every guy she knows rolls into her apartment for *plot reasons*. She has an okay butt however, I suspect that's largely to do with the customer's choice of office slacks, etc.

Seriously though I was :catstare: for the first ten or so episodes because her breasts are pushed up so much more than almost any other character (notable exception of Huntress,) in every scene she's in where she's not lounging around her apartment.

My suspicion is that she focus on a lot of upper-body work to improve her arm definition and bust-line.. Not everyone cares if a woman's got chicken legs and no butt, as long as she's got big boobs.

You have failed this thread

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
If I was any good at animated gifs I could give several season 1 examples where she walks into the camera which focuses directly on her cleavage, before cutting to the next scene. It's ridiculous.

Also, was "The Count" the singer from some pop band or something? He strikes me as someone who could be a singer from Vampire Weekend or similar, in full show costume.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Also, was "The Count" the singer from some pop band or something? He strikes me as someone who could be a singer from Vampire Weekend or similar, in full show costume.

He was Lincoln Lee from Fringe: http://fringe.wikia.com/wiki/Lincoln_Lee

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - Lincoln was pretty cool.

coyo7e posted:

If I was any good at animated gifs I could give several season 1 examples where she walks into the camera which focuses directly on her cleavage, before cutting to the next scene. It's ridiculous.

Look, we believe you that male gaze in entertainment is rampant and the norm, but why the focus on Laurel? I could do the same for every girl there. And chest to face shots are pretty common for the dudes, too.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
If you want to have a talk about male gaze or whatever, why would you pick Arrow of all shows. Every ep starts with a shot of shirtless Ollie doing the salmon ladder or Ollie and Diggle hitting eachother with phallic ninja weaponry.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Skinny legs are faithful depictions of real life canaries.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dorito-face has been succeeded by Chicken-legs. Will Katie Cassidy ever find respite? Frankly, aside from the melodrama of her screaming over Sara's body, she was pretty uplifting in this episode, and gives me hope that the writers have a plan. :bsg:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Drifter posted:

Look, we believe you that male gaze in entertainment is rampant and the norm, but why the focus on Laurel? I could do the same for every girl there. And chest to face shots are pretty common for the dudes, too.
Because she clearly gets way more boob-time than the other actresses (at least first-season, again there are multiple shots where she just walks right into the camera - which focuses on her sternum unlike any other woman character I can recall), in terms of both costume and camera focusing. And she still has chicken-legs. ;)

There's plenty of cleavage for many/most of the women characters/actresses, but the "focus on cleavage until fade-out" camera scene is kind of rare - and vastly focusing on a single one.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 12, 2014

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Amell gets more chest shots than everyone else in the show combined

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daric posted:

Duh, it's in the thread title.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Daric posted:

Unfortunately I haven't gotten that far yet, just scratching the surface of S2. Glad to know they mix it up with more novel chests, though!

I really thought the thread title was going to be a joke from the IT chick directed toward Oliver at some point, since he spends so much time climbing the fish-ladder while she's hackin' it up!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

coyo7e posted:

Unfortunately I haven't gotten that far yet, just scratching the surface of S2. Glad to know they mix it up with more novel chests, though!

He was shirtless for huge swaths of season 1, what show were you watching?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Some Numbers posted:

He was shirtless for huge swaths of season 1, what show were you watching?
Read my spoilered text above? ;)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It is.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Hey wait, early s2 spoiler question.. Is the asian dude from the island's daughter the same character as that awfully-wigged asian blonde-wigged Triad assassin woman?? The flashbacks seemed to hint at some connection but I don't want to rewind 30 minutes just to verify.. Thanks! :)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

coyo7e posted:

Hey wait, early s2 spoiler question.. Is the asian dude from the island's daughter the same character as that awfully-wigged asian blonde-wigged Triad assassin woman?? The flashbacks seemed to hint at some connection but I don't want to rewind 30 minutes just to verify.. Thanks! :)

You're a racist.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Naw, I was playing Wasteland 2 and really don't recall the faces of anyone from the past 3 or 4 episodes crossing from S1 to S2.. :saddowns:

Ahh okay, it was dead cheaty-sister,and not presumably dead asian-chick from the island... Yeah makes WAY WAY more sense! "The Lost Girlz" was not what I was hoping for in this already-super-complex mix. :ughh:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 12, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shado and China White are two different people. Also don't spoiler tag stuff from previous seasons.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

coyo7e please don't post in this thread anymore.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pwnstar posted:

coyo7e please don't post in this thread anymore.

I didn't want to say it, but I was thinking it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, that "you have failed this thread" wasn't joking.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

coyo7e posted:

Naw, I was playing Wasteland 2 and really don't recall the faces of anyone from the past 3 or 4 episodes crossing from S1 to S2.. :saddowns:

Ahh okay, it was dead cheaty-sister,and not presumably dead asian-chick from the island... Yeah makes WAY WAY more sense! "The Lost Girlz" was not what I was hoping for in this already-super-complex mix. :ughh:

Zaggitz posted:

Shado and China White are two different people. Also don't spoiler tag stuff from previous seasons.

China White and Sara are also different people.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I don't want to be that guy, but she needs to work her legs more. Her upper body is fantastic, but her legs are toothpicks. Maybe that's just her genes though, I don't know.

Please, small calves is a very serious conditions many suffer from and it's not their fault. And it's pretty much impossible to do anything about so don't judge

Her name is Katie Cassidy and her only mistake was being born with small calves

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Whizbang posted:

Yeah, that "you have failed this thread" wasn't joking.
If only you could put on a leather outfit and shoot me with an arrow over it! :laugh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

coyo7e posted:

If only you could put on a leather outfit and shoot me with an arrow over it! :laugh:

I'd shoot your modem, not you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

I'd shoot your modem, not you.

And empty his bank account.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Empty his post count

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I really love how many times people get exactly half of their faces blown off, and am looking forward to the Australian Intelligence Special Forces masks to come back in fashion with a vengeance.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Laurel is not going to be BC and is actually going to be cast as Lord Voldemort.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Is it just me or is her right index fingernail waaay too short?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
She's at an angle, with her hand at even more of an angle.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I don't want to be that guy, but she needs to work her legs more. Her upper body is fantastic, but her legs are toothpicks. Maybe that's just her genes though, I don't know.

skipping leg day is a god-given American right

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

deimos posted:

I swear to gently caress if this becomes the newest nit pick about Katie Cassaday's appearance...

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

deimos posted:

Can we please not do this every time someone posts a picture? I bet there are pictures of you where you look weird or whatever too.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Martout posted:

Can we please not do this every time someone posts a picture? I bet there are pictures of you where you look weird or whatever too.

Holy gently caress it was an observation, she's a gorgeous lady but found the short nail weird. I was wondering if she had an accident of some sort.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
This conversation is eerily similar to the BSG one about Lucy Lawless' feet.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Party Plane Jones posted:

This conversation is eerily similar to the BSG one about Lucy Lawless' feet.

What's wrong with Lucy Lawless? She's freakin' gorgeous. Today AND twenty years ago. Philistines.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

deimos posted:

Please no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
How did a chipped nail get commented on before those creepy teeth?

I feel like they're staring at me.

Edit: Seriously, though, visible teeth make any mask creepy.

• Locked thread