Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mystic Mongol posted:

Goddammit, when are one of these supreme evil spirits going to possess Johnny?

Nonsense. It would be much, much better if Johnny was possessed by the most friendliest, cuddliest spirit of happiness and good. Just to see how he could take something so inoffensive and still make it menacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So you're saying it should be like a Gozer and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man situation.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Train + Spender light combo is cool. Also Train rushing to protect its love interest :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So even the ghost train knew to combat whatever the shadow tendrils is with light?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Given that they were literally being attacked by shadows, blasting light at them is a pretty obvious solution.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Brought To You By posted:

So even the ghost train knew to combat whatever the shadow tendrils is with light?
I think the train was just shining it's light in surprise. Spender noticed this and amped up how bright it was.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hey it will do anything to save her love. :colbert:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nah, it's just following standard Luigi protocols for unusual objects. First shine light, then shine the other light, then bump it, then suck it.

Max might need to watch out later

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kgummy posted:

I'm not sure it would even be possible for an agent to stay non-spectral for very long. I'm not sure, but I think extended periods near ghosts/spirits and the like can trigger someone becoming a spectral. Or they just end up getting possessed, like Max's dad almost did.

The closest I think you'd be able to get for a regular agent is one that doesn't use tools or is possessed. Which I think Isabel's grandfather's school is all about. Or at least not relying on said tools.

I don't think you become a spectral by holding tools or being near spirits. It only happens when a spirit takes up residence inside you for a while, which I would think there would be some way of purging if they couldn't prevent it in the first place. I mean, Boss Leader was able to kill magnet snake while it was still inside of the baseball bat.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Max was seeing things long before he got to the school, let alone touched the bat. Right in the first chapter we're told nobody knows what makes every spectral a spectral, and while through Zack we know the only guaranteed way for someone to become a spectral is for them to be possessed, that isn't the only way. Otherwise, why all the secrecy around Isaac and not Max, a new spectral?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

How many years you think it'll be before we find out what Issac's deal is?

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Triskelli posted:

How many years you think it'll be before we find out what Issac's deal is?

What do you mean? We already know his deal.

- He's possessed by a giant anime god of thunder who thinks might makes right, and this possession has given him weather-based powers and made him an anime protagonist.

- At some point he met the Doorman (a servant of the angelic being Forge has come to serve), who has been mentoring Isaac on matters of Justice and Doing What's Right and who Isaac looks up to very much.

- He's in the Activity Club, but Spender isn't telling him anything because he doesn't trust the thunder god (and possibly Isaac-under-the-influence-of-the-thunder-god). Isaac knows this and resents it, and it has been called out a couple of times as being a likely future source of conflict and a Really Stupid Move on Spender's part.

Iny fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 13, 2014

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
You're forgetting the mentions of "atoning," "I could beat Isabel and Ed COMBINED," etc suggesting that there was a previously extremely violent event of some sort.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

You're forgetting the mentions of "atoning," "I could beat Isabel and Ed COMBINED," etc suggesting that there was a previously extremely violent event of some sort.

Not sure about the first, but I took the second as he's really confident in his skills while also being aggressive a lot of the time.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Spender is a complete failure at life.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
If fuckups were a science then Spender would be Tesla.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
No offence, but how exactly is she going to solve that laundry list of mysteries without constant spirit possession?

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 13, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

No offence, but how exactly is she going to solve that laundry list of mysteries without constant spirit possession?

Yeah I mean as an investigator she seems preeeetty bad at this given that the smoking gun was literally just right in front of her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well she lost her tool and we saw earlier her spirit helps her out with that seeing stuff.

Man, Lucifer looks pissed. He's gonna have some words for Spender later.

Also Spender you are terrible I nominate Agent Day for new Activity Club leader.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Oxxidation posted:

If fuckups were a science then Spender would be Tesla.

It's one of the reasons I like Spender as a character. You don't often see a combination of anime antihero/huge nerd/bumbling idiot.
He tries to pull off the whole morally ambiguous hero role. And from what we've seen so far I don't think he's maliciously evil.

And yet, he might perform evil actions because of his bad choices and poor decision making skills.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah I mean as an investigator she seems preeeetty bad at this given that the smoking gun was literally just right in front of her.

Both Spender and Boss Leader herself referred to Day as not exactly ideal for this job, with varying degrees of bluntness. She really shouldn't be here, but she wanted to be, for some reason we don't know yet.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's going to turn out that she's got her own morally-questionable agenda; but for her it's probably something like "Mayview has really good funnel-cake" or something.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm starting to get the impression that Day is blind. Not only has she a hard time noticing things, she repeatedly alludes to some kind of difficulties in seeing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It would be freaky if her cane was Max's mom.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

RandomPauI posted:

It would be freaky if her cane was Max's mom.

Your arm is secretly your dead wife.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
drat that's a fine elephant lion

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I'm starting to get the impression that Day is blind. Not only has she a hard time noticing things, she repeatedly alludes to some kind of difficulties in seeing.
I think this comic might be about ghosts!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Roland Jones posted:

Both Spender and Boss Leader herself referred to Day as not exactly ideal for this job, with varying degrees of bluntness. She really shouldn't be here, but she wanted to be, for some reason we don't know yet.

Spender is so anime he made Agent Day into a transfer student.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Day's constant references to her own handicap are problematic and it makes me uncomfortable

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Level Slide posted:

Day's constant references to her own handicap are problematic and it makes me uncomfortable

Eh, I don't see it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dias posted:

Eh, I don't see it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Eh, I don't see it.

Somebody's blind to their own privi:suicide:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Exit Strategy posted:

Your arm is secretly your dead wife.

This sounds dumb enough to actually be a reference to something.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah, it's from Bionic Commando, where at the end it's told that Spencer's bionic arm has his wife's soul in it.

I am not kidding.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Isabel and Max aren't going to be very happy about the obvious, sloppy coverup they've just been pulled into. Or really about anything that's happened tonight.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Level Slide posted:

Yeah, don't make fun of her unfortunate speech impediment, guys.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if this will make Max reconsider spying for Boss Leader.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so, after nearly getting killed several times over, and having seen that the adult supervision is a complete moron, why on earth would Max stay in the Activity Club after this?

e: seriously, spender couldn't even stay in spirit communion long enough to say "is it sealed?"

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 13, 2014

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

A big flaming stink posted:

so, after nearly getting killed several times over, and having seen that the adult supervision is a complete moron, why on earth would Max stay in the Activity Club after this?

Yeah, that's a very good question. Max nearly got killed, what, 5 times so far tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shindragon posted:

Yeah, it's from Bionic Commando, where at the end it's told that Spencer's bionic arm has his wife's soul in it.

I am not kidding.
I prefer the Front Mission version where the main character discovers that wife/girlfriend/fiance's brain is his robot's computer.