Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

All of this is making me look forward to the other seasons on my list after season 4. So far Matt Serra has been great. Seeing him corner the guy that knocked him out previously and guide him to victory was awesome. Seems like a solid guy to have in your corner regardless of context though. Also weird seeing George St. Pierre as a training coach that barely speaks on the show.

Shonie Carter's outfits were worth watching season 4 on their own. Sad that he lost 11 of his last 13 fights before retirement though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

All of this is making me look forward to the other seasons on my list after season 4. So far Matt Serra has been great. Seeing him corner the guy that knocked him out previously and guide him to victory was awesome. Seems like a solid guy to have in your corner regardless of context though. Also weird seeing George St. Pierre as a training coach that barely speaks on the show.

Shonie Carter's outfits were worth watching season 4 on their own. Sad that he lost 11 of his last 13 fights before retirement though.

Matt Serra really is the best person to have in your corner. See: Chris Weidman, Aljamain Sterling fights. He's a great reason to get Fightpass alone, just for the corner cams/mics.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Did anyone ever figure out who the neo nazi was on TUF heavy weights and how they managed to edit that drama out?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I believe I've told this story before, but Shonie at one point did a seminar at the gym I used to train at. After teaching an hour's worth of submission escapes and suplexes, he went into the shower room, showered, and emerged wearing a purple zoot suit and zebra-striped shoes, then asked where the nearest club was.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fatherdog posted:

I believe I've told this story before, but Shonie at one point did a seminar at the gym I used to train at. After teaching an hour's worth of submission escapes and suplexes, he went into the shower room, showered, and emerged wearing a purple zoot suit and zebra-striped shoes, then asked where the nearest club was.

I'm glad he is exactly as advertised because I wouldn't want it any other way

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

willie_dee posted:

Did anyone ever figure out who the neo nazi was on TUF heavy weights and how they managed to edit that drama out?

No but Brendan Schaub talking about it on the joe rogan experience was pretty funny.

Kimbo and big baby came into his room and were trying to get him to come down stairs to form a united front of black dudes in the house because the guy used the n word and Schaub was like I'm not black, and they were both stunned.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I assume it was Zak Jenson solely on the basis of spelling his name Zak

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

BlindSite posted:

No but Brendan Schaub talking about it on the joe rogan experience was pretty funny.

Kimbo and big baby came into his room and were trying to get him to come down stairs to form a united front of black dudes in the house because the guy used the n word and Schaub was like I'm not black, and they were both stunned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbfnT5-QbU&feature=youtu.be&t=2h15m

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

That's incredible.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

So...since Rogan basically said himself that, with all those clues, people would be able to figure out who it is...how hasn't anyone pieced together who it was yet?

• at the time of the incident, only Nelson, Jones, Mitrione and Schaub were in the competition
  • Had lost his fight on the show on the day of the incident
  • he never fought again (as of april 2014)
  • was married during the taping of the show
  • is, apparently, not black

So Kimbo, Rogers and Jones are out on account of being the race-avengers, Schaub on account of being woken by the race avengers, Shivers, Wessel, McSweeney, Wagner, Wren, Sims, Junk, Schoonover, Madsen and even Jensen are out on account of having fought again and Nelson and Mitrione on account of still being in the competition. That's...all of them?

I mean, if the never fought again maybe refers to the UFC, then the defining clue should be that the guy must have lost in the quarter finals. So...hang on, how can Schaub and Rogan say only Nelson, Jones, Mitrione and Schaub were the last ones still fighting on the show...Mitrione was subbed by McSweeney in the quarter finals.
:confuses:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
http://mmajunkie.com/2010/07/tuf-10-and-ufc-veteran-mike-wessel-arrested-for-terroristic-threats

Wessel has issues. Though going by surnames only I'd say Wagner.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

fatherdog posted:

Was followed by the incident when he went out and got so drunk that he ended up in Turkey without any idea of how he got there, or am I confusing my goon-Shonie stories?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ogantai posted:

Was followed by the incident when he went out and got so drunk that he ended up in Turkey without any idea of how he got there, or am I confusing my goon-Shonie stories?

That was a separate incident. It did happen later than this one, but the two were separated by months iirc

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Looks like no new episodes for the next two weeks :sigh: I guess because of baseball?

https://www.facebook.com/UFC/photos/a.106287481275.124019.46299886275/10152717480471276/?type=1

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I was just about to ask about that. Bummer.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

colonel_korn posted:

Looks like no new episodes for the next two weeks :sigh: I guess because of baseball?

https://www.facebook.com/UFC/photos/a.106287481275.124019.46299886275/10152717480471276/?type=1

Hockey, I believe

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Hockey, I believe

No, baseball.

There's no baseball tonight but there would have been had the two series not ended yesterday.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

sportsgenius86 posted:

No, baseball.

There's no baseball tonight but there would have been had the two series not ended yesterday.

Brent Brookhouse lied to me on twitter :mad:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Your first clue should have been the incredible premise that any American network would preempt other programming in favour of hockey.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

No, baseball.

Goddamn, I hate baseball. Not gonna pretend like I was particularly hyped about Herrig/Clark since I don't think either of them will get very far and they are both mostly notable for having people devote way too much time and attention to them already, but I have been looking forward to seeing how this tournament shapes up and exactly how much Gilbert can lose before he displays a single ounce of care.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

No UFC events and no TUF for a couple of weeks? Now where will I get my fight fix, bellator? :(

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

raingwc posted:

No UFC events and no TUF for a couple of weeks? Now where will I get my fight fix, bellator? :(

jake shields fights on saturday, all will be well

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Will there be a new ep this week?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Will there be a new ep this week?

Not til the 22nd last I heard

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I assume it was Zak Jenson solely on the basis of spelling his name Zak

From now on we are enemies...you and I.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

From now on we are enemies...you and I.

But the enemy is the inner me.

Which one of you is going to chest-burst from the other?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I checked SN360 and it's MLB until 23:30. I should just cancel my cable and get Fight Pass.

Edit: ...which isn't airing ahead of TV because network deals are money. gently caress baseball.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 16, 2014

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

After the above contradictory information I did some googling:

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-ultimate-fighter

Note "Next Episode"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

We're back, gang!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hyperspeed Bec was terrifying.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Rogers bumped this to 1AM for an american hockey broadcast.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I think the girls are being too harsh on Heather

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I think the girls are being too harsh on Heather

I think they hate her for personal reasons and it is coming to the surface in practice.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Barnacle Jo Clark got a long face

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I just watched a commercial hyping Neil Magnu as a reason to tune in to FS1 on Saturday. UFC 2014, folks.

Edit: Bec got a raw deal with this Tecia situation.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 23, 2014

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hyperspeed Bec was terrifying.

Just got in what was this?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
They have a picture of Bruce Leeroy up in the Melendez room?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

KidDynamite posted:

Just got in what was this?

They had a ghostly time lapse of her on a stairmaster that they sped up and used as a transition shot. It just looked really weird with her pineapple dreads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Weird rear end positions towards the end, but I give the round to Felice.

Also, that was the most polite ref I've ever seen. "Are you ready, ma'am?" "Watch the back of the head, please."

• Locked thread