Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Retail Slave posted:

How does this work? Does a CBS exec call a FOX exec and propose the trade, then fax all the info to the league offices to notify them of the switch? Or did CBS invoke some sort of legal clause? Because I can't see how anyone who knows anything about football would think this is a good trade for FOX.

It's probably similar to other flexes where you have a list of protected games

OTOH I'm not sure how you wouldn't protect Seahawks/Panthers coming into the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Rivers and Romo in the top 6. Sweet. And Peyton is so good that his team is on there despite Tebow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ozu posted:

Team QB stats from 2009-present.

I'm really curious how far up the Colts move if you take out the Painter/Orlovsky year

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ozu posted:

Team QB stats from 2009-present.

Eli Manning is an Interception machine

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Houston gets top 10 production from Schaub, squanders it with poo poo defense and ST.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Rodgers has pretty much had the best beginning to a career possible as far as stats go. If he keeps it up for another ten years (huge if), then he'll be in the conversation for GOAT alongside Peyton Manning.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ozu posted:

Houston gets top 10 production from Schaub, squanders it with poo poo defense and ST.

Except that one year we had great defense and Albert Haynesworth's fat rear end broke Schaub's foot in week 10

:sigh:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Godddddd please stop showing cruz bawling his eyes out pleassseee

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Godddddd please stop showing cruz bawling his eyes out pleassseee
It was heartbreaking, but it was touching when the rehab guy and him put their arms around each other.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Intruder posted:

I'm really curious how far up the Colts move if you take out the Painter/Orlovsky year

They go up to 6.41, from 12th to 8th.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Leon Einstein posted:

It was heartbreaking, but it was touching when the rehab guy and him put their arms around each other.

I think Rehab Guy was just trying to stabilize the knee cap.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I think Rehab Guy was just trying to stabilize the knee cap.

Nah, he was trying to comfort him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

They go up to 6.41, from 12th to 8th.

Not quite as dramatic a difference as I hoped for comedy's sake

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Giants are kind of thin at WR, sign me up.

I just don't want them to move Beckham into the slot.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Intruder posted:

Not quite as dramatic a difference as I hoped for comedy's sake

Well they do hop over a full eighth of the league, so that's something

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Leon Einstein posted:

Rodgers has pretty much had the best beginning to a career possible as far as stats go. If he keeps it up for another ten years (huge if), then he'll be in the conversation for GOAT alongside Peyton Manning.

I'm not sure if there's a single QB in the league except possibly a five-years-older Luck who could have pulled off what Rodgers did yesterday. How many of his throws were on the run while escaping Cameron Wake? That Team QB stats chart is also dragged down a bit by all the backups the Packers had to start last season. I don't think there's a chance that Rodgers plays for another decade, though. Five more years, maybe.

The Jets, Bears, and Seahawks are the only teams in that chart with a bottom-half QB performance to have a win rate .500 or greater.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

:allears: I love chip Kelly so loving much

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I just don't want them to move Beckham into the slot.

I doubt we will. We need his speed on the outside. I think Parker is going to end up in the slot.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm going to be so disappointed in life when chip finally has a bad season in a year or two and philly drives him out

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@MikeReiss
Filed to ESPN: Source says RB Stevan Ridley tore his ACL and MCL.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm going to be so disappointed in life when chip finally has a bad season in a year or two and philly drives him out

I won't.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Febreeze posted:

I doubt we will. We need his speed on the outside. I think Parker is going to end up in the slot.

He seemed like a hard working kid too....shame he has to get his brains scrambled now

What's Mario Manningham's timetable for return?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Asproigerosis posted:

Philly was in love at first sight with him, total opposite of Reid. If Kelly gets fired after a few failures he will go down more like Buddy, lionized forever by idiot fans despite being a total mediocrity.

/cough.

But really Lurie will stick with him as long as he has faith, the fans won't push him either way. He isn't that kind of owner.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 13, 2014

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Kelly doesn't use timeouts like he has an unlimited supply, which buys him at least three years in the post-Reid era.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Philly fans are so loving stupid that they're already calling for foles to be benched because of his slow start to the season, and for shady to be ditched because he's obviously not worth what we're paying him now. I'm starting to hear the rumblings of discontent with chip if he doesn't move on from both of them, (never mind that we have half an O line that's causing these problems) sometime in the next year or so and it makes my head hurt. Luckily, I don't think Jeffrey Lurie is a loving moron and I'm pretty sure he can see that chip is not only taking this team places, but making a pretty significant impact on the league as well. What'd Andy Reid get, 13 years? I think well have chip around for a very long time.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Yuzenn posted:

He seemed like a hard working kid too....shame he has to get his brains scrambled now

What's Mario Manningham's timetable for return?

He's already on the team, he calls himself Rueben Randle now.

But seriously we released him a while ago. He couldn't crack the lineup because he's broken forever now.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Febreeze posted:

He's already on the team, he calls himself Rueben Randle now.

But seriously we released him a while ago. He couldn't crack the lineup because he's broken forever now.

What's Plaxico up to these days?

I'm joking and I feel like Beckham is one of the most physically talented WR's we've had in a long time but Cruz is the heart of the offense (at least on the field, cause Eli could not look happy or excited if you paid him and his interviews are just filled with talking points and PC responses)

My browser history is just filled with studies about his injury and so many of them state that its a crapshoot whether the person will ever be able to play sports at that level period, not just rehab time =(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kaepernick seen wearing hot pink Beats walking into the stadium.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

Beats and tattoos? I weep for this generation.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
PFF has Rolando McClain graded as their #3 middle linebacker, and Miles Burris at #65. I'm glad they've shown how arbitrary and dumb their grades are multiple times, otherwise, I would be pretty upset.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Brannock posted:

I'm not sure if there's a single QB in the league except possibly a five-years-older Luck who could have pulled off what Rodgers did yesterday. How many of his throws were on the run while escaping Cameron Wake?

I'll second that, his ability to produce while running for his life was amazing yesterday.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Volkerball posted:

PFF has Rolando McClain graded as their #3 middle linebacker, and Miles Burris at #65. I'm glad they've shown how arbitrary and dumb their grades are multiple times, otherwise, I would be pretty upset.

Implausibly, Rolando McClain has actually been playing really well and earned the arbitrary good grade.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

The NFL fining him for the headphones is probably better advertising than him wearing them in the first place.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Brannock posted:

I'm not sure if there's a single QB in the league except possibly a five-years-older Luck who could have pulled off what Rodgers did yesterday. How many of his throws were on the run while escaping Cameron Wake? That Team QB stats chart is also dragged down a bit by all the backups the Packers had to start last season. I don't think there's a chance that Rodgers plays for another decade, though. Five more years, maybe.

The Jets, Bears, and Seahawks are the only teams in that chart with a bottom-half QB performance to have a win rate .500 or greater.

Tony Romo's scrambling in the Dallas-Seattle game was pretty intense. His throw to Williams on the run was insane: http://gfycat.com/LazyIllustriousGilamonster

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DupaDupa posted:

Implausibly, Rolando McClain has actually been playing really well and earned the arbitrary good grade.

I know he's playing well, but outside of that game ending pick, I'm betting he's been serviceable. Probably still making some boneheaded mistakes, and it's only a matter of time until he takes a swing at Garrett or starts loving around in Decatur again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

The NFL fining him for the headphones is probably better advertising than him wearing them in the first place.

Supposedly they are also footing the bill for the fine. Its a pretty funny strategy IMO.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

DupaDupa posted:

:ssh: I don't think he's quite ready to come to terms with that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

I know he's playing well, but outside of that game ending pick, I'm betting he's been serviceable. Probably still making some boneheaded mistakes, and it's only a matter of time until he takes a swing at Garrett or starts loving around in Decatur again.

He was literally the only Cowboy who could stop Arian Foster last week

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

And the hilarious thing about that is that the inspiration for Colonel Reb was a really old black guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Volkerball posted:

I mean its probably less McClain's light coming on and more Rod Marrineli is a REALLY loving good coach.

• Locked thread