Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I haven't even considered dropping the Network until I found out about this ad bullshit. It's a premium pay service!! What to heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Neh, an occasional ad isn't enough to really bother me. If it gets obnoxious, though, then I'll start considering cancelling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is really stupid and desperate and i wish i was surprised

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
You can finally watch the full build to Summerslam 1995:

Monday Night Raw - Episode 124 - 08/13/1995
Monday Night Raw - Episode 125 - 08/20/1995

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The first Raw to go head to head with Nitro:

Monday Night Raw - Episode 126 - 09/10/1995

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Hopefully adblock will block em.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ads? On my Network?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm excited to see if they try and spin the ads as a feature on Raw tonight. "MAGGLE, NOT ONLY IS THE NETWORK ONLY $9.99, BUT YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT GREAT NEW PRODUCTS, MAGGLE!"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The ads will be food and tech colleges lmao

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

And gambling when the UK version launches

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Time to put the Shamwow guy on commentary.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

oldpainless posted:

Ads? On my Network?

It's more likely than you think.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Was watching the Ric Flair documentary and all the scenes with blood are black and white. That plus ads now led me to uncheck autorenew.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Two Beans posted:

Was watching the Ric Flair documentary and all the scenes with blood are black and white. That plus ads now led me to uncheck autorenew.

Yeah even on the the Monday Night Wars "uncut" episodes they still have black and white with blood. It's really loving annoying. Honestly if they are going to start throwing ads up there they really should just start putting new episodes of Raw and Smackdown up.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
nm

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

coconono posted:

ads in paid services make me irrationally angry.

I agree with this fella. Starting to regret giving them the flat 60 a month ago. Adding adds, dropped the little post ppv shows and I've been stuck on the end 96 nitro for a month. I thought my friend was unnecessarily bitching but he was right. Despite the launch of the network there is now somehow less content out there considering all the torrent sites that actually had things like nitro from 97 or episodes of heat ran for the hills.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Has there been any word on if there is going to be a new MNW tomorrow?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

gypsyshred posted:

Has there been any word on if there is going to be a new MNW tomorrow?

Yeah, it's about the Cruiserweights.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The reason why I don't give the network the heave is the golden apple of all the tape footage WWE is sitting on. Everytime I read the list of poo poo WWE Libraries has, it sends me into overdrive. I wanna see satanist Kevin Sullivan in all his glory. I wanna see Dusty Rhodes vs The Sheik feud play out. I want Terry Funk and Jerry Lawler*!

Even though the ads suck poo poo and really piss me off, the wrestling junky in me really can't let go.

*I have a bunch of lovely 3rd gen bootlegs of this feud and Im hoping WWE has cleaner footage.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I agree with this fella. Starting to regret giving them the flat 60 a month ago. Adding adds, dropped the little post ppv shows and I've been stuck on the end 96 nitro for a month. I thought my friend was unnecessarily bitching but he was right. Despite the launch of the network there is now somehow less content out there considering all the torrent sites that actually had things like nitro from 97 or episodes of heat ran for the hills.

The quality of my Raw/Nitros from torrent sites can be borderline unwatchable at times though…

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
All I want is to be able to mirror with chromecast.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Two Beans posted:

When was the Flair documentary from because it might be that way on the DVD version too. Blood is just never shown these days.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

When was the Flair documentary from because it might be that way on the DVD version too. Blood is just never shown these days.

I would bet basically $100 that that's why. Every PPV I've watched, some of which included copious blood, was 100% uncut.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I would bet basically $100 that that's why. Every PPV I've watched, some of which included copious blood, was 100% uncut.

If you're talking about this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAB0lV_JQU

Skip to 26:20 to see that it wasn't censored on the DVD.

MNW has been getting the same treatment of only getting a censored version uploaded since the Rogers deal went through.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 14, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well gently caress me sideways. That's some poo poo. I blame Rogers.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'd cut the Network but the ability to dial up, I dunno, a 2 Cold Scorpio match or something on a whim whenever I'm bored is worth $9.99 a month to me, even if WWE's current product is crap and the delta between what the Network could be and the :effort: thing that we got is infuriating.

It's me. I'm the mark.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just pulled up a VOD and got a 30 second ad. That's it. 30 seconds. If it stays that way, I give no fucks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just pulled up a VOD and got a 30 second ad. That's it. 30 seconds. If it stays that way, I give no fucks.

Foochs blindly forgiving stupid poo poo WWE does? Well I never...

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TheJoker138 posted:

I would bet basically $100 that this is as far as it's going to go. They have no reason to increase the amount of ads.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

Not blind at all. He in fact said that he pulled up a VOD and got a thirty second ad, and that was forgivable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm not blindly forgiving anything, and if the ads get anywhere near Hulu territory, then talk to me. But I'm not gonna ragequit for needing to occasionally (and yes as of now it is occasional, as I just pulled up a different VOD with no ad) sit through a 30 second ad before a 3 hour PPV either. Happy medium, buddy. :)

Call Me Charlie posted:

I would bet basically $100 that this is as far as it's going to go. They have no reason to increase the amount of ads.

Is that post gonna haunt me for like months or something because stuff being from the DVD library has caused "censorship" before and I honestly thought that was the explanation that was most logical considering you can still see buckets of blood on VOD.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

One thing I don't understand is why they make you renew. Why not just bill someone until they cancel like Netflix? They have to get hammered with cancellations from people who just didn't bother to renew. It's one of the dumbest decisions they've made.

The ad thing is also ridiculous for a paid network. The search still sucks, their video player sucks, too much stuff is censored, and the original content isn't anything special. They should be willing to take the short term hit to build up the network but instead are cutting corners. Still think the network is a great idea in theory but they sure are making it difficult to hang around.

I don't know if they're in trouble financially or it's just smart business, but the endless advertisements throughout all their products is getting tiresome. I'm not sure how anyone can watch Raw live these days.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Niwrad posted:

One thing I don't understand is why they make you renew. Why not just bill someone until they cancel like Netflix? They have to get hammered with cancellations from people who just didn't bother to renew. It's one of the dumbest decisions they've made.

The ad thing is also ridiculous for a paid network. The search still sucks, their video player sucks, too much stuff is censored, and the original content isn't anything special. They should be willing to take the short term hit to build up the network but instead are cutting corners. Still think the network is a great idea in theory but they sure are making it difficult to hang around.

I don't know if they're in trouble financially or it's just smart business, but the endless advertisements throughout all their products is getting tiresome. I'm not sure how anyone can watch Raw live these days.

I suppose they figured that if it's 10 dollars a month, and can be cancelled any time like Netflix, it's a bigger hit to them overall than making people sign up with an opt in/out autorenew at the six month point. I'd just order it around Wrestlemania, binge on wrestling for the month, and then drop it till the next ppv I was interested in.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
30 Sec ad on my second VOD video on the iPad today. I wonder how long or how many videos it needs to trigger the next?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What are the ads so far? Just ads for other poo poo on the Network, or actual advertisements for actual things?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

What are the ads so far? Just ads for other poo poo on the Network, or actual advertisements for actual things?

I haven't seen any yet, but I would have to assume the latter since that's the only way ads would actually make them money.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They're ads for the WWE network.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
there's already a faux ad for WWE stuff right in the middle of NXT and I've never figured out why, unless they don't know how to disguise a cut any other way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MrBling posted:

there's already a faux ad for WWE stuff right in the middle of NXT and I've never figured out why, unless they don't know how to disguise a cut any other way.

It's the same video they give to Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Plus I remember someone here said they need those cuts because, even if stuff like NXT and Main Event aren't on US television, they are carried on international markets.