Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The new book is available from Dark Sphere for £36. It's a discounted price so obviously your point about the RRP is still valid, but you can snag it for a lot closer to the other prices quoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Next week can not get here fast enough. Will be infinity week on Beasts of War, they said that they are going to have tutorial videos for the various game systems under N3, and at least 1 maybe 2 battle reports played with N3. Sounds like the bean spilling is going to ramp up exponentially.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Watching the seminar footage from feast of blades now and I really, really, really want N3. There's more in that footage than what has been posted in text here.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

The Dark Project posted:

I got mine for $75AUD including postage

Can I asked where you ordered from?

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

Painting Saito Togan in my push to get JSA painted in anticipation of CC improvements in N3.

The regular ninja sculpts are just complete rear end compared to the cool ninja sculpts.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

drat, that's fine looking dude!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What the gently caress where the gently caress did that come from? That's phenomenal!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I was sold on these guys at Gencon but it's great to see the model. Puffy pants+swords just do it for me. Love those puffy pants.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

AttackBacon posted:

I was sold on these guys at Gencon but it's great to see the model. Puffy pants+swords just do it for me. Love those puffy pants.

His pleats basically spell out "bad guy" in semaphore or something, so I guess it's legit.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Waiting until November (and let's be real, it'll be December by the time the fuckup game distributors on the west coast have it, looking at you Chris Fry/efigs) for that is going to be painful.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Darth Tohaa.

I'm not complaining, this is an awesome time to start CA!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Even without the traitor Tohaa, that Legate model would get me to start Combined Army. drat but I'm a sucker for the Sith aesthetic.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

dishwasherlove posted:

Can I asked where you ordered from?

It was an early bird special through Underground Wargames. Was lucky enough to score one of the 20 discounted preorders they were selling. Current price is $79.95, and I think Combat Company is offering to price match that if you contact them.

Edit: Also, all my Ariadna arrived today. I have checked out the size of Statuesque Miniature's guns comparative to the Infinity miniatures, and they're a really really excellent match. Large enough so you know what the miniature is holding, but appropriately sized which allows the miniature to not look like they're holding anti-aircraft guns in their hands.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 13, 2014

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Ah. I figured it was those guys. Checked their Facebook but must have missed it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Like the model, hate the color scheme. Black & red looks like the most uninspired "generic badguy" look ever, even is done so well :(

AttackBacon posted:

Puffy pants+swords just do it for me. Love those puffy pants.
I assume you play JSA? :v:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Any more interesting bits from the Feast of Blades seminar? Especially concerning Remotes and TAGs?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZl_r_cI_U&t=1099s

The US Ariadna look good, but I don't think that the faction will sell as well in America as they are hoping.

Hey Haqqislam players:

23:14
Absolute confirmation that the rules will still be free online.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 13, 2014

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hey Haqqislam players:

Still loving that. :allears:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

23:14
Absolute confirmation that the rules will still be free online.

"sometime in 2015." Also, troop profiles in the army builder are supposed to be updated on January 1st (that might give some idea of the street date of the book).

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
As of RIGHT NOW, my distribtutor has a release date for the rulebook of November 14th, but this is probably a temp date.

Also not sure if its anywhere else but I got access to this PDF, its a preview of the 3rd ed rules. Didnt see an NDA or anything like that anywhere.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5990181/Inf3rd%20Rules%20Preview.pdf

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 13, 2014

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

Command tokens seem pretty cool.

Basically you get 4 for the entire game, and there is a lot of different things you can spend them on.

Some examples are forming a link team, turning an irregular order into a regular order, re-rolling a failed doctor roll if the model being healed has a cube, regaining control of a TAG that has been possessed by a hacker, and a bunch of other stuff.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

As of RIGHT NOW, my distribtutor has a release date for the rulebook of November 14th, but this is probably a temp date.

Also not sure if its anywhere else but I got access to this PDF, its a preview of the 3rd ed rules. Didnt see an NDA or anything like that anywhere.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5990181/Inf3rd%20Rules%20Preview.pdf

I'm pretty sure that's the current rules, as I don't see any of the 3rd edition stuff at all after spot checking things we know, like camo.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, that's all 2nd ed stuff.

Pretty cool that they are making Cubes be worth something in game rules with these new command tokens.

Fix fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 14, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
weird that they will give us access to an old pdf and call it 3rd preview. probably just the distributor not knowing any better.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

So is Operation: Icestorm still 2nd edition rules?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Prefect Six posted:

So is Operation: Icestorm still 2nd edition rules?

No, its a basic version of 3rd.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

Well, my Operation: Icestorm box finally shipped. At this rate, it is going to be lost in transit, delivered to the wrong address, or something.

edit: Got a bit of work done on Saito Togan's vest. Trying to give it a military style tactical vest color so he feels sort of Metal Gear Solid. The highlights on the straps seem to bleed into the vest though. Not sure what to do about that.

Cyclomatic fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 14, 2014

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
New retreat rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wRoL9G-M4

Summary of the video from Dakka Dakka:

* Impetuous hasn't changed much.

* Irregular hasn't changed much.

* New Retreat "state" with associated marker. Some troops can ignore the "Retreat" state.

* Breakdown chart of the phases of a turn. Fundamentally, nothing drastic has changed here aside from the new LoL rules. This exists for clarity.

1. START OF TURN PHASE
- Check for Retreat
- Check for Loss of Lieutenant
- Count Orders and type of Orders (Regular, Irregular)
2. IMPETUOUS PHASE
3. NORMAL ORDERS PHASE
4. END OF TURN PHASE
- Remove counters and markers that expire at end of turn (Smoke, etc)
- If Loss of Lieutenant, assign a new Lt.

* New Retreat threshold is when 75% of your army is lost. 2ndEd had 60% be the threshold. This threshold is expected to be reached later in the game (Turn 4-5). Infinity 3rdEd is expected to have troops be more survivable.

* New RETREAT STATE. Unit may only move or dodge; cannot perform combat actions. Does not have to move to the table edge. This is relevant depending on the mission considering models that make it off the board do not count as having been killed for mission objectives. This is to deny your opponent a bigger victory. Religious Troops and Morats are not allowed to leave the table.

* When in Retreat:
-Normal units become irregular and become in the RETREAT STATE
-Impetuous units become irregular and become RETREAT STATE. They lose their impetuous order.
-V:Courage units become irregular but are not in Retreat
-Remote Presence units become irregular but are not in Retreat
-Regular Religious units are completely unaffected and remain Normal (May not voluntarily leave the table)
-Veteran 1 units are completely unaffected and remain Normal
-Morat units are completely unaffected and remain Normal

Note that all models with Martial Arts automatically have Courage.

* When in LoL:
- All units become irregular except for Veteran 1 troops and Morats which remain Regular. Religious troops are affected by LoL normally.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The Cube command thing is quite excellent for Vedic ALEPH. I'd often pass over Doctoring NWI active models because I didn't want to gamble losing the model.

Cube having benefits is quite excellent, too.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

The Dark Project posted:

* Impetuous hasn't changed much.
What about losing cover benefits?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Latest video: Templates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFiSKfRIvLI

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I like Carlos but he is so loving hard to understand most of the time :(

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Here's hoping Strategos levels also bring extra command tokens!

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Sephyr posted:

Here's hoping Strategos levels also bring extra command tokens!

They said Sun Tzu would have a skill that granted an additional command token, no word yet if anyone else is getting have this ability.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

LumberingTroll posted:

I like Carlos but he is so loving hard to understand most of the time :(

I can understand everything he says except unit names so if I can't understand something I assume he just said Alguacile or Svarlaheima or something.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

JoshTheStampede posted:

I can understand everything he says except unit names so if I can't understand something I assume he just said Alguacile or Svarlaheima or something.

I think it has more to do with his done, I dont notice inflections where I expect them, it has to do with spanish being his native language I am sure. Its just really hard for me to understand him.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I also find the BoW videos super condescending because Killian just repeats and restates everything Carlos says and it really comes off as translating for a dude who is already speaking English.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I barely understand Killian any better than Carlos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

JoshTheStampede posted:

I also find the BoW videos super condescending because Killian just repeats and restates everything Carlos says and it really comes off as translating for a dude who is already speaking English.

But Carlos Spanglish is really lovely? Respects for you, if you can understand his accent without trouble.
I needed the translations to really understand he was saying.

• Locked thread