Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I'm planning on getting AW for the Xbone if anyone wants to add me to that list. Gt is Jack5434. I'll probably be playing a bunch of BLOPS 2 on the 360 in the upcoming weeks to get myself back in the COD groove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Hey hey.. I wanna be cool.. can I be cool? I hope so I added myself to the cool kids list because I'm cool. My resume includes cool, BOYS, Xbone, dying a lot and making others look good.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

speaking of BOYS am I still in the group or do I need to do something to reapply? Spoon can you shed some light?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

RE: BOYS

I'm only doing this once. Most people will just want to scroll past this reply.

The BOYS clan has been migrated over to an Xbox Live A&W clan already.

Managing A&W clans in any way beyond the migration is not yet implemented. There is nothing I can do right now to change a thing. The usernames in the roster list appear to be the Elite usernames you provided years ago, so hopefully everyone knows the username they registered with.

This is the roster that appears on the migration page that only I can access:

Adrian Shephard
atalentedmonkey
b3ttyspagh3tti
BCRock
BEAR OVERDRIVE
BEBHaven
BIEBazaelbub
Bloghouse
Bonearoo
booftor
BrokenKnees
CabSnow
Caf83
Cajun Psyco 23
chief jstc goku
closer
DJCobol
esk1
essbeeay
faaart XCUSE ME
FallinInTheBlak
FantasticDoor
FistEnergy
FreaquentC
GET MY BELT SON
gothmog001
Hackan Slash
hogfatherjake
IAmFrack
IAmFrick
IceLikeKobe24
im a doctor irl
Im A GPS Facial - RIP
IM DAY DAY IRL
iNN0vaTe
Jack5434
Jacs Noodle Boy
Jetpack Jeezus
KnightProjekt
KNROSU
Liquid Stuart
Literal Garbage
Maj0rPainz
Merry Marauder
milothed0g
Mister Macys
natalieportman9
Offshoretoast
Papa Javes
PorkTree
PozMyNeghole
Pr0 Indian
PROTOTYPE XERO
PunkRockTuba
puppy party
Quabzor
Real Dog Treats
Reverend Joshua
Rogue Shinobi
SA Spoon Man
Shnakepup
ShootPigsInFace
SpudsSpudsly
Strenots
TehMascot
Ty Webb23
venutolo
Wazzit
wetwholeAMIRITE
wintrrmute
Wolscott
Yamacruiser
yeyo42069
Zombie Boat

90% of you can ignore the above list.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Do I get free cheese curds for being part of the A&W clan?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I thought the official COD goons food was Snyder's stuffed pretzels?

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 13, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spoon Man posted:

Just to be clear; the BOYS clan is XBL only, right?
If so, then yeah; you can cross me off (preferably in June when my Live runs out) for someone else, if membership is limited.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
If any of you cool bros are planning on getting a bone between now and 10/26 to play with the cool dudes group and not with dumb ps4 boneheads, shoot me a pm and I can get you in on a dope deal to score $25 xbox bux as part of the m$ xbone live reward program. Holla.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

puppy party posted:

If any of you cool bros are planning on getting a bone between now and 10/26 to play with the cool dudes group and not with dumb ps4 boneheads, shoot me a pm and I can get you in on a dope deal to score $25 xbox bux as part of the m$ xbone live reward program. Holla.

Same, but also I have 20 thousand dollars to transfer to your bank account also, please PM SSN and passport scan

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Same, but also I have 20 thousand dollars to transfer to your bank account also, please PM SSN and passport scan

This guy is legit. Using his services also increases your gunskill but makes you rage harder. YMMV.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Just to be clear; the BOYS clan is XBL only, right?
If so, then yeah; you can cross me off (preferably in June when my Live runs out) for someone else, if membership is limited.

This but for me, too.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I skip a year of BOYS loyalty and I'm not even on the list, I feel so attacked right now.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Nighthand posted:

I skip a year of BOYS loyalty and I'm not even on the list, I feel so attacked right now.

Right?! I'm coming back guys I swear :smith:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
There was ruthless trimming of inactive peeps when trying to get the clan down to a size that wouldn't get stomped by 100-member fully active clans.

Beachhead's highly sophisticated matchmaking algorithms did not give a gently caress. Or notice. Even money on either.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 14, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Spoon Man posted:

Managing A&W clans in any way beyond the migration is not yet implemented. There is nothing I can do right now to change a thing. The usernames in the roster list appear to be the Elite usernames you provided years ago, so hopefully everyone knows the username they registered with.

This is the roster that appears on the migration page that only I can access:

(bunch of names)

IAmFrick (me) and IAmFrack (my wife, profile here) will both be playing a stupid level of AW when it comes out. We both have preordered the $120 edition for 360.

Just in case you look at the list of inactives and see neither of us logging in for the past 4-5 months... we've been really busy not playing XBOX. But that'll change when we have something other than a game we hate to play.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Wazzit posted:

I am probably going to be poop socking this on Nov 3rd on the Xbone.

YOU HAVE MY SWORD

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

wintrrmute posted:

YOU HAVE MY SWORD

And by sword I mean I will be joining you.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I haven't brought myself to actually purchase the console, but I've at least come to terms with the fact that it's going to happen sometime between now and Nov 3.

gently caress.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Nighthand posted:

I was going to say this but I forgot I bailed on BOYS to join anime clan.

I don't even watch anime.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

When I finally bought an xbox 360, it was the MW2 version, and it's help up without red rings or anything this long. I'm hoping the AW Bone will be similarly long-lived.

The worst part is I'll have to get a new headset for the bone because they changed up their audio plug, didn't they? Maybe I'll actually buy a wireless one this time.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Nighthand posted:

When I finally bought an xbox 360, it was the MW2 version, and it's help up without red rings or anything this long. I'm hoping the AW Bone will be similarly long-lived.

The worst part is I'll have to get a new headset for the bone because they changed up their audio plug, didn't they? Maybe I'll actually buy a wireless one this time.

You can totally use a lot of legacy headsets with the bone from what I can tell. There's an adapter that plugs into the controller. I would just look and see if your existing headset can be made to work with it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Looks like I could either get the chat adapter and hope it works (mixed messages online), Plug the headset into the TV for game audio and use the Kinect for a mic, or opt for a new headset.

I might actually just go for the headset because of how I have my computer set up, I'm using it for PC stuff right now. Switching the plugs back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

I have an old set of Turtle Beach X11s, btw.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Y'all can cross me off, I went PS4. Is there a clan/crew/whatever for that yet or...

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Will be poopsocking this on the 3rd also on XBone GT: Clemen69

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

anuj posted:

I was going to say this but I forgot I bailed on BOYS to join anime clan.

I don't even watch anime.

doesn't matter still anime

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
So how do you guys feel about AW running 30fps on 360? Just kidding, does it though?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

bluegoon posted:

So how do you guys feel about AW running 30fps on 360? Just kidding, does it though?

Does not bother me at all. Then again I'm not some framerate sperg.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fibby Boy posted:

Wait hold up, you're saying this poo poo will run at 30fps on 360? That would be a deal breaker for me.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 14, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fibby Boy posted:

Lower framerate means higher input lag, and gently caress that.
When I press the button, I want the action to be as instantaneous as possible.

"Higher framerates save lives!"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

bluegoon posted:

Wait hold up, you're saying this poo poo will run at 30fps on 360? That would be a deal breaker for me.

I don't have the slightest idea what the framerate is gonna be.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't have the slightest idea what the framerate is gonna be.

I've got a bad feeling, I don't think it will, what the hell are we supposed to do then?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It's not going to have a framerate. In the ultimate troll, the disk you're shipped just displays a static image advertisement for the bone version.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sledehammer isn't making the 360/PS3 port, whatever that means.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

It's not going to have a framerate. In the ultimate troll, the disk you're shipped just displays a static image advertisement for the bone version.

I can get behind this.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

VJeff posted:

Sledehammer isn't making the 360/PS3 port, whatever that means.

Oh poo poo that's not cool.

It's like that other company who did COD for the Vita, that game sucked nuts.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 14, 2014

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

Nighthand posted:

Looks like I could either get the chat adapter and hope it works (mixed messages online), Plug the headset into the TV for game audio and use the Kinect for a mic, or opt for a new headset.

I might actually just go for the headset because of how I have my computer set up, I'm using it for PC stuff right now. Switching the plugs back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

I have an old set of Turtle Beach X11s, btw.

I'm still using my old TB Deltas. I have the optical into xbone and chat cable into xbone headset adapter. Works fine and still gives me 5.1(well same 5.1 360 had).

I do have my eye on the new Turtle Beaches though. The Stealth 500x is true cordless somehow?

Cab fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 14, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

bluegoon posted:

Oh poo poo that's not cool.

It's like that other company who did COD for the Vita, that game sucked nuts.

Its been a year time to poo poo or get off the pot.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

If there's a silver lining to this poo poo game (that I will be buying day one) it's that the Mtn Dew Gamer Fuel tie-in is a lemonade flavored soda that's actually really good (if you like lemonade soda). I picked up a case at Wal-mart, of course.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Instead of promotions with Doritos and Mountain Dew, they should have promotions with Wheat Thins and Seagram's Ginger Ale so I can get some double XP or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

Instead of promotions with Doritos and Mountain Dew, they should have promotions with Wheat Thins and Seagram's Ginger Ale so I can get some double XP or whatever.

Seagrams? Canada Dry son.

What system is team ZxXsniPezX playing on?

• Locked thread