Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

For #1000 I present

Dog enjoying ride in Jeep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Bella has a new toy. She loves it.

I think.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Have some more dog riding in Jeep pics!

And this is how he spends most of his day.

And on a sadder note, we lost Gracie a few weeks ago. Just too many heart problems turned into other problems and she went downhill pretty fast. We felt the best thing for her was to end her suffering as there really wasn't anything we could do for her. It was probably the hardest thing in my life I have ever done and I cried like a baby. I was with her till the very end and I know she's in a better place now. I like to think I gave her a good life and she definitely helped me through a lot of things in my life.

A pic from one of her last car rides. She looks so happy here.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Poor Gracie. Sorry about losing her dude. She seemed like a good girl.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm sorry to hear about Gracie, she seemed sweet as all get out.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
I would have been a complete mess, sorry to hear about Gracie.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Aww, man. Sorry about Gracie. She looks so happy in the Jeep. :unsmith:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

My cat just caught me browsing pictures of dogs. He is not pleased.

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

Took gentle lil' Alfred with me to family dinner. The German Shepherds were all up in his business and those girls play hard!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
HES SO FLUFFY.

Wanna use that fluff as a pillow

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So, Amy went herding.

My dog's bones are made of rubber.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Hammer Floyd posted:

Big, slobbery, clumsy but well-meaning dogs are the best thing in the world. My place is to small to have one.

So post more pictures and let me live vicariously through your gorgeous dumbasses.

same

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Doctor O, how did Sage and Ozzy make out with their surgeries?

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Doctor O, how did Sage and Ozzy make out with their surgeries?

They both did well. Sage ended up having a type of slow growing, non-invasive cancer, which may return, but can just be removed again. Ozzie just had some benign hyperplastic lesion that wasn't anything to worry about. Sage turned 11 last month, and we celebrated by going on a boat ride.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: I hope Sage and Ozzy live to be 1000.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I cannot imagine trying to get Bella on to a boat. The second it starts to drizzle outside she immediately gets all :nyd: She probably wouldn't take kindly to a large body of water.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Is it too early for pet-shaming? I love Q4 costume-time...

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Writer Cath posted:

I cannot imagine trying to get Bella on to a boat. The second it starts to drizzle outside she immediately gets all :nyd: She probably wouldn't take kindly to a large body of water.

They both love the boat. It's like going for the best ride ever, since their heads are outside no matter where they go. They always end up at the front, with their ears flying up like wings. It's so ridiculous looking. Ozzie's mouth usually blows up like batwings, too.

The water, on the other hand, is the enemy and not to be trusted. They'll both get in up to about belly deep if they have to, but no more than that. Ozzie swam once when he was about 10 months old, but I've never gotten him to try again. I think they're not really all that buoyant. Maybe with a life jacket I could get him in, but there's no way Sage would tolerate such an affront to her dignity.

They've both spent enough time on the boat now that they recognize the drive out there and start getting massively excited when they realize that's where we're going. They absolutely love boat rides. :3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rebounded posted:

Is it too early for pet-shaming? I love Q4 costume-time...

I dunno, that dog looks like they're loving it :allears:.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Are there any newf owners here? Never had a pet, thinking about starting down the road and would like to learn more (or learn more about how to learn more).

Petey fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 6, 2014

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Because I want to show off here is my cross-post from the Primitive thread.

Meet Kitty Pryde, she's a Tibetan Mastiff and only 5 weeks old in that picture. I will be picking her up on the 27th (When she turns 10 weeks).

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sirbloody posted:

Because I want to show off here is my cross-post from the Primitive thread.

Meet Kitty Pryde, she's a Tibetan Mastiff and only 5 weeks old in that picture. I will be picking her up on the 27th (When she turns 10 weeks).

...Oh man why are you getting a tibetan mastiff? I see you say she's your first "show dog" and your first TM and everybody sure has to start somewhere within a breed they're interested in but I'm real :allears: at this because that's some pretty high level dog stuff. If she ends up being a more typical-minded tibetan instead of a show dog are you cool with that?

They're a dog I want very far down the line when we have lots of acreage and I'm not allowed to sit up .50 caliber turrets to keep people away from me, basically.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

...Oh man why are you getting a tibetan mastiff? I see you say she's your first "show dog" and your first TM and everybody sure has to start somewhere within a breed they're interested in but I'm real :allears: at this because that's some pretty high level dog stuff. If she ends up being a more typical-minded tibetan instead of a show dog are you cool with that?

They're a dog I want very far down the line when we have lots of acreage and I'm not allowed to sit up .50 caliber turrets to keep people away from me, basically.

I have been obsessed with the breed for over 4 years. I am now in a position where I can financially support a dog that size. Either way I will be completely happy with her even if she isn't show worthy.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
dog big

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Here is Kitty Pryde at 8.5 weeks, just 12 more days and I get to pick her up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sirbloody posted:

Looks amazing. :3: What breed is it?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Looks amazing. :3: What breed is it?

She is a Tibetan Mastiff.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sirbloody posted:

That is a majestic looking baby horse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Found a great gallery. I'll leave a link instead of pictures since I'm off mobile, I'm sorry.

http://m.imgur.com/a/4axtw

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Here is Kitty Pryde looking all majestic as I am getting ready to take her home. Currently she's been home since the 26th and is taking her time adjusting to her new life.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Man while I have all the hope in the world for you and your new dog, it is a tibetan mastiff and you talk about showing it like conformation showing and I am just so wary that you have the wrong idea about this breed. If she turns into a murderhound you can't handle, post in here about it and I won't be an uppity bitch, I promise, I will send you all the resources I possibly know about.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Man while I have all the hope in the world for you and your new dog, it is a tibetan mastiff and you talk about showing it like conformation showing and I am just so wary that you have the wrong idea about this breed. If she turns into a murderhound you can't handle, post in here about it and I won't be an uppity bitch, I promise, I will send you all the resources I possibly know about.

I don't plan on giving up on her, I will treat her just as well if by some reason I can't show her. We just got her used to walking on a leash (She did sound like a drat screaming baboon at first).

We are taking it nice and slow with her trying not to overwhelm her. On a good note she is just about potty trained already!

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
I'd like you all to meet my growing giant Freya

This her on the car ride home 28 days ago

In that short time she's gone from this size (17 lbs in this pic)

to this size (33.8 lbs)

In case you couldn't guess she's a Rottweiler. She's the sweetest Rottweiler I or my family has ever owned and we've never owned a poorly tempered Rottweiler. She's also a tremendous coward. When someone knocks on the door she valiantly defends our home from the back bedroom, under the bed. The only thing she's aggressive about is blankets and even this is cute. See the evidence below.

We have several neighbors with Great Danes and now that Freya's shots are all finished we're trying to set up some play dates with them to see how she reacts to them. She currently tries to wear my wife's Boston Terrier as a hat or tries to step on her. The Boston responds to this attention by playing tug of war with Freya's face, which Freya seems to think is the greatest game ever.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Given we haven't heard from you since 01/01 I'm just going to assume you died.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Petey posted:

Are there any newf owners here? Never had a pet, thinking about starting down the road and would like to learn more (or learn more about how to learn more).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3408341&userid=152036 < goon who has (had?) a newfie

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: Freyapup is a pretty girl.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:3: Freyapup is a pretty girl.

She knows just how pretty she is and she's pretty sure you want to give her all the treats and pets you've got

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
Sorry for the poor resolution I had to snap this quick before they moved. Roxy's my wife's Boston and she likes to pretend that she doesn't like Freya but I have proof to contrary.

We took her out to a friend's place today and he has eighteen acres of mixed farm and forest land. Roxy was too cool for school for most of it but Freya needed to sniff everything at high speed. Except the farm animals, those needed to be barked at because they're clearly not proper dogs or humans and need to be informed of such. I wish I could extract and bottle puppy energy. It'd sell better than meth. This is her current status.

I wish I could sleep that soundly. My wife dropped a pot in the kitchen and Freya didn't even move. I'm pretty sure a bomb could go off and she'd just grumble and go back to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

mastifss