Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

And I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/wccube/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Claptrap is pretty drat amazing. Sometimes things happen and suddenly all of my laser ammo is gone and everything is dead.

This is especially great with the Tediore laser gun because then you just start throwing gun after gun after gun after gun

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I found my first legendary in Pre-Sequel!! And it's... IT'S...

loving god drat it :cripes:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the current best place to buy a key and the season pass for PC?

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
Is this going to be available on the 360 marketplace tonight at Midnight? If not, my GF is gonna be pissed...

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Fauxtool posted:

whats the current best place to buy a key and the season pass for PC?

Ghostpilot posted:

The Mac version of the Pre-Sequel doesn't show up in GMG searches anymore. However if you have a link to it, the 25% off will apply.

Link to Mac version: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/borderlands-pre-sequel-mac/

And here's the 25% off code: P65PW6-F9B91D-TW2AG2 :toot:

Ignore where it says (MAC), being a steam code it doesn't care what OS you're on. You'll be able to get 25% off the game and the season pass with this.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostpilot posted:

Ignore where it says (MAC), being a steam code it doesn't care what OS you're on. You'll be able to get 25% off the game and the season pass with this.

cool that worked for me

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tossed out group invites, and will be in the group chat for a while to hand out more.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
e:done. Roll on the 17th.

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 14, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

can anybody confirm this game has a slot machine

edit: getting in on this, group invite please

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ethanol3/

ethanol fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 14, 2014

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Kaethela posted:

Tossed out group invites, and will be in the group chat for a while to hand out more.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/oesor/ please.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I want to like this game but it's just more of the same and I think I'm over the series. It's a little disappointing because I'll never get to be a pirate ship.

Also oxygen is giving me metroid prime 2 flashbacks.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

CJacobs posted:

I found my first legendary in Pre-Sequel!! And it's... IT'S...

loving god drat it :cripes:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!!! DONT YOU LIKE EXPLOOOOSIONS AND RESPECTING WOMEN?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
:woop: It's already starting to unlock for me for whatever reason.

E: Done with a minute to spare. Here we go.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 14, 2014

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~
I'm updating now. my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007638268/

Ready to go.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

iRoNgHosT posted:

Is this going to be available on the 360 marketplace tonight at Midnight? If not, my GF is gonna be pissed...

So far I don't see it.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

Where do I need these Borderlands 2 save files to be?

Skoots
Sep 6, 2006
Starting a group in cts mumble if anyone wants to hope in.

RyanManRules
May 31, 2006

Did anyone have the PAXEAST voucher? When we gettin' this poo poo?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Is there any way to run this at capped 144Hz? The settings only go up to 120Hz.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Looks like 360 they just completely hosed up on. Game doesn't even exist as an info screen when searched and the tile icon in the "Coming soon" does nothing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Psyker posted:

Where do I need these Borderlands 2 save files to be?

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData

Drop the "2" for saves from the original Borderlands.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

Ghostpilot posted:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData

Drop the "2" for saves from the original Borderlands.

Yeah, still not detecting them =X

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

I got an O2 pack that says O2 canisters are supposed to heal me, but they aren't. Am I missing something or is this a bug or is it because I'm playing as claptrap?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

So Deadlift is an unfun boss.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Psyker posted:

Yeah, still not detecting them =X

Try extracting this into "My Games" directory in the "Documents" under your username.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cpum85g66w3x80k/My_Games.zip

Mr E posted:

So Deadlift is an unfun boss.

Yeah, he's kinda rough considering the resources you have at the time you face him. Fortunately I was playing as Wilheim, who's active took a lot of the sting out of that fight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Badass enemies are ridiculous bullet sponges in this one. I can actually feel the fun being sucked out of my brain.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

kraggons..................

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - "I hate kraggons"

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Uh, is there no PC thread for this? Anyone on PC want to group up? Add me on Steam, same id as forums.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Akumos posted:

Uh, is there no PC thread for this? Anyone on PC want to group up? Add me on Steam, same id as forums.

Nope, this is currently the catch-all for the game.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Ghostpilot posted:

Yeah, he's kinda rough considering the resources you have at the time you face him. Fortunately I was playing as Wilheim, who's active took a lot of the sting out of that fight.

I just butt stomped him a few times from way up high to break his shield, then shot him in the face with a shotgun a few times. Like a 3 minute boss.

Though the constant regeneration from one of Claptrap's subroutines kept me alive during said stomping.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know when the Order stack healing for Nisha procs? I have not noticed it do anything. I really like her but I regret choosing Order to start out with.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

I was able to chase him down across the various jumps until I was right next to him, then I hit Claptrap's active and hoped for the best. It came up Gunzerker and I unloaded double shotguns into him until he was dead. Then I kept shooting because I couldn't stop. Eventually I ran out of shotgun ammo and the nightmare of violence ended.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

This new one is pretty not-good so far. The low-grav gimmick sort of overstays its welcome as soon as you get to it and air management feels like a needless hunger timer to keep an eye on. Does combat get less sparse later on?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^

The air management stuff is seriously negligible. Enemies drop Oz canisters which restore 25%, the map is dotted with an abundance of O2 areas (Look for the dots on the mini map, walking over cracks on the ground restore oxygen), and the only penalty for running out of air is a very slow health drain.

And yes, Deadlift is rough. I think I maybe would have had an easier time if I had realized earlier you could shoot and detonate his big slow electric balls, but I was relying on Nisha's skill to do most of my damage.

Also, gently caress Kraggons, seriously.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 14, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That really begs the question I had for the gimmick in the BL2 thread: Why even have it if it's totally negligible and only there to be annoying? O2 canisters have replaced the Relic slot, so why not just have there still be relics and not bother with the air thing? I mean yeah, it's a space game and all, but it's just not a fun mechanic in any way.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The game gave me a sniper rifle that destroys shields as a quest reward right before deadlift and he was pretty easy :shrug:

Anyways I'm not seeing any more bullet sponginess than BL2 and the elemental weapons feel way better.

Not sure how I feel about this barren landscape though, I hope there are some maps set in hydroponics

Reading about this game is becoming a drag, but playing it is fun.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 14, 2014

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

^^^

The air management stuff is seriously negligible. Enemies drop Oz canisters which restore 25%, the map is dotted with an abundance of O2 areas (Look for the dots on the mini map, walking over cracks on the ground restore oxygen), and the only penalty for running out of air is a very slow health drain.

Also, gently caress Kraggons, seriously.

Yeah I was thinking of the right way to say that it's slow enough that it isn't a pressing matter and enemies poo poo canisters in combat, and I have an Oz tank that turns air canisters into heals too, but when you're exploring post-combat and you're using a bunch of boost jump you're like, ok hold on I need to refill my air and it feels really needless. I think the bigger qualm is how much of the game so far is in low-gravity. I hope the bulk of the game isn't low-G, it doesn't feel like a fun new thing, it's just sort of thick and sluggish, like your punishment for hitting spacebar is you get to hang out for a couple seconds unless you burn air on a butt slam. It's a little too on-the-nose with the moon gimmick.

e: I also wish Nisha's skill's autoaim was a tier 3 game changer perk on a skill tree or something, it trivializes everything to just hold M2 and autoaim onto everyone's head.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 14, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BL2 profile editor still works for this one. Unlocked all heads/skins and gave myself free golden keys, because it's one less thing to worry about. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I dunno they needed a new bar to use to manage excess buttstomping (ps you should always be buttstomping as much as possible because it's rad and good) and they also have a lot of really interesting effects with the oxygen mechanic, like the Oz Packs that have different effects in vacuum or not, or the ones that increase in power as your O2 goes down. There's actually a lot of pretty interesting variety in them and they totally justify the fairly pointless effect of O2 drain.

Also I'm gonna have to go against the grain and say I really like that most of the game is in low gravity. Makes for a lot more fun aerial nonsense combat. Which is clearly intentional, considering the Oz Packs that improve your accuracy and crit damage while in midair.

• Locked thread