Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
What's up with the server being down all morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Update 1 (7:08 AM PDT) - Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 (8:00 AM PDT) Maintenance is ongoing, estimated downtime has not changed.
Update 3 (8:24 AM PDT) Unfortunately during the maintenance process we discovered another issue that will need to be fixed. This will extend maintenance time, no ETA yet, but we will update you once we have an estimated extension time.
Update 4 (8:56 AM PDT) Looks like we will need to extend maintenance for at least another hour to 10 AM PDT. If that changes we'll let you know.
Update 5 (9:47 AM PDT) Maintenance will be extended a few more hours. Estimated downtime is until 12 PM PDT.. If that changes we'll let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, we're working hard to get everything back up and running as soon as possible.

They killed the hamster running it and need to go buy a new one

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Extended maintenance has scared everyone away so we're delaying Malkogeddon to next week so more Malkovichs can be made.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 28, 2015

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Pop me an invite, I'm Aodh@SkuozEcyor

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Elswyyr posted:

Pop me an invite, I'm Aodh@SkuozEcyor

Come right in!

So I just had the pleasure of playing through Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QQF), a Foundry map made by @deiterate, where you basically go on and try and find a lost expedition sortie way down in a swamp off the Mere of Dead Men. Custom maps. Custom difficulty settings. And the fights are actually genuinely tough with artificial difficulty extenders like timed fights. There's quite a lot of elaborative map wizardry about too. So for those willing to check that out, see also the thread. SPOILERS INSIDE so mind your clicking until after you checked it out.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
Ill take one invite por favor. Brautigan@Mexicola

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Mexicola posted:

Ill take one invite por favor. Brautigan@Mexicola

Just invited you. Hola y bienvenidos.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!

Dinictus posted:

So I just had the pleasure of playing through Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QQF), a Foundry map made by @deiterate, where you basically go on and try and find a lost expedition sortie way down in a swamp off the Mere of Dead Men. Custom maps. Custom difficulty settings. And the fights are actually genuinely tough with artificial difficulty extenders like timed fights. There's quite a lot of elaborative map wizardry about too. So for those willing to check that out, see also the thread. SPOILERS INSIDE so mind your clicking until after you checked it out.

Gave that a try earlier for laughs. I was surprised at the quality of the map design and monster design and variation. Cool stuff, lore-tied, adjustable difficulty (on a per-segment sort of thing, tied to how you approach each obstacle)! Liked it a lot. Good recommendation!

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

So Istar and Goofs have been having fun on the forums...

and we've all been having fun with our mounts in PE (even a random pub joined in):

It might not look like much, but it sure as hell was funny at the time. I guess booze helps.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm making an attempt at picking this back up; I've got a 49 GF that I apparently have a bunch of unspent feats? I picked swordmaster for a paragon path, it seems.

I've also got a couple babby characters I've putzed around with a bit, but the GF's name (for guilding purposes) is Dhaundra@arkeo and hopefully I haven't driven my character into a corner.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Trebuchet King posted:

I'm making an attempt at picking this back up; I've got a 49 GF that I apparently have a bunch of unspent feats? I picked swordmaster for a paragon path, it seems.

You got your points back because they reset everyone last module due to power and feat balancing. I heard it said to never buy retraining tokens, just wait for a new module to drop.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I got the incredibly awesome script (thanks Subj and Cix!) set up and working easily. Can anyone tell me how to proeprly set it up for multiple accounts?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

RickDaedalus posted:

You got your points back because they reset everyone last module due to power and feat balancing. I heard it said to never buy retraining tokens, just wait for a new module to drop.

Okay, I suspected that was the case. Mostly I just have no idea where to spend my points or if swordmaster was a bad move...Last time I'd really played the only paragon path was the, uh, other one.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

RickDaedalus posted:

I thought it was only feats that were reset (which you can do with AD)? They definitely didn't reset any Powers, Paragon paths, or ability increases on any of my toons (which sucks, because I thought they would when they introduced the new Paragon tree for HR but nope, if you want to play it either buy a respec or roll a new toon) - did I just miss out?

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

I've also got a couple babby characters I've putzed around with a bit, but the GF's name (for guilding purposes) is Dhaundra@arkeo and hopefully I haven't driven my character into a corner.

Oh hey look at that you're invited.

Also I'm not terribly familiar with GF's, but I seriously doubt you've painted yourself into a corner. Mod 3 made it possible to get every power on the tree (via XP rewards after 60), so the only real worry is your feats, and those can be respecced for AD. That said, if you need advice, go ahead and ask in guild chat.

FelixReynolds posted:

I thought it was only feats that were reset (which you can do with AD)? They definitely didn't reset any Powers, Paragon paths, or ability increases on any of my toons (which sucks, because I thought they would when they introduced the new Paragon tree for HR but nope, if you want to play it either buy a respec or roll a new toon) - did I just miss out?

Yes, only feats were reset. I too wish we got a full respec on affected characters.

Falented fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 8, 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Thinking about picking this back up, basically have something like $40 in cash shop currency from Foundry tips near launch, anything big I should buy with my 'free' money that will make the game better or whatever?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Cheapest purple horse is the best convenience. After that an ioun stone but that's only really relevant for running endgame dungeons and really only for the harder ones.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 8, 2014

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

post is not edit durr

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

Thinking about picking this back up, basically have something like $40 in cash shop currency from Foundry tips near launch, anything big I should buy with my 'free' money that will make the game better or whatever?

Bags of holding are on sale right now (until tomorrow). Adding two to your main character is a tremendous quality-of-life increase.

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Cheapest purple horse is the best convenience. After that an ioun stone but that's only really relevant for running endgame dungeons and really only for the harder ones.

I strongly agree with the faster mount. The fastest way to level is to quest, but the un-fun part is the travel from spot to spot. Faster mount = Faster questing = Faster leveling.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I might need a re-invite; I logged in and saw the guild invite prompt and then the big pane with all the daily/foundry/etc popped up and when I closed that the guild invite prompt was gone :smith:

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

I might need a re-invite; I logged in and saw the guild invite prompt and then the big pane with all the daily/foundry/etc popped up and when I closed that the guild invite prompt was gone :smith:

Unfortunately, this is pretty common ever since Cryptic broke the poo poo out of their UI. Worst bug ever. I will send you another right now. Try mashing shift+1 the second you load and you might catch it. If that fails (it usually does), try going into the dndgoons chat channel (instructions are in the OP) and explaining the issue. Once you do that, someone will spam you with invites until one sticks.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Oh, I was just going to log into another character first, then switch to the character with the invite. It's good to know that it's not just me, though.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh, I was just going to log into another character first, then switch to the character with the invite. It's good to know that it's not just me, though.

That wouldn't work. The issue is the invite box disappears immediately, which counts as declining the invite. It won't reappear if you relog.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Falented posted:

That wouldn't work. The issue is the invite box disappears immediately, which counts as declining the invite. It won't reappear if you relog.

Yeah, I found that out--I thought the big box was what was closing the prompt, and the big box only appears on the first guy you log in on, so I thought by logging in on my warlock, getting and closing the big box, then switching to my GF...well, I cussed up a storm.

It's all sorted now anywho. I'm digging my blue-quality armored shiba inu companion, shame it's not more useful as a GF.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Requesting a guild invite calisto@byolante

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Byolante posted:

Requesting a guild invite calisto@byolante

Just tried sending you an invite in game and got this error message: "Error inviting to guild: player not found."

Checked to make sure I was spelling it correctly when inviting, and even copy/pasted from your post. It's still being difficult. I'd suggest checking to make sure the name you posted is the right one and/or asking for an invite in dndgoons (instructions are in the OP).

Trebuchet King posted:

I'm digging my blue-quality armored shiba inu companion, shame it's not more useful as a GF.

That thing is cute as the dickens. Unfortunately, I also gave mine to my GF because I am an idiot and thought the decreased threat active bonus was actually increased threat. :(

Falented fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 11, 2014

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Falented posted:

That thing is cute as the dickens. Unfortunately, I also gave mine to my GF because I am an idiot and thought the decreased threat active bonus was actually increased threat. :(

Consider shooting a support ticket to Cryptic. Yes, they tend not to replace items. On the other hand, you can always aim to try and get lucky with a representative/GM.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

That sounds like a lot more time than I'd like to spend talking with anyone at Cryptic. Besides, I'm sure it's my fault for not learning how to read.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

It would be amazeballs if somebody more knowledgeable than I were to post up any kind of updated GF build, ideally one for PvE and dungeon clearing as I don't PvP much. Mine has been sitting at 60 for months thanks to the script and I feel it's finally time to grind some boons with him and start gearing, but all the guides on the forums are over a year old and haven't been updated. Elf cookies to everyone that helps. Promise.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

4th attempt to get the artifact weapon I want.

Curse you RNGesus!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Falented posted:

That sounds like a lot more time than I'd like to spend talking with anyone at Cryptic. Besides, I'm sure it's my fault for not learning how to read.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! At worst, you'll get a standardized response. At best, you get someone willing to unfuck your mistake.

FelixReynolds posted:

It would be amazeballs if somebody more knowledgeable than I were to post up any kind of updated GF build, ideally one for PvE and dungeon clearing as I don't PvP much. Mine has been sitting at 60 for months thanks to the script and I feel it's finally time to grind some boons with him and start gearing, but all the guides on the forums are over a year old and haven't been updated. Elf cookies to everyone that helps. Promise.

The GF build I'm using is out of date too, especially with regards to feats and gear, but it's servicable and quite fun. Reflects everywhere, you stay well alive, and just pushing out 20%+ extra damage across the party is just amazing. Consider retraiting some abilities' later traits or just going Iron Vanguard, as I did miss out on Tide, but other than that, fun.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

All 3 GF trees are really good in my opinion.

If you don't have boons yet I would however recommend the conqueror tree as the 15% bonus to cleave damage and endcap makes soloing go a lot faster. I personally like it because it works with a wider variety of encounters but many prefer Tactician. I can tank all endgame dungeons on an Iron Vanguard Conqueror build but it does require you to pay a little more attention and use Fighter's Recovery a bit more.

Tactician is another good build but focuses mostly on + damage when stuff is controlled, trample the fallen, and AP generation. The recent nerf to Knight's Valor and Supremacy of Steel's AP generation however makes this endcap much more attractive.

Protector Iron Maiden reflect build can be OK in PVP but much less so now that Supremacy of Steel no longer gains AP while it's up; however, it's still pretty indestructible in PVE delves and can survive a lot more at a lower gearscore due to both the protection feats and Swordmaster's immunity during a daily class feature. Soloing is a bit of a chore though.

Tactician Iron Maiden is probably the route I would go if I could give up the convenience of threatening rush. You can't beat the extra AP gain once you have a decent enough gearscore to survive those big hits.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 13, 2014

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'm slowly, gradually coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't play NW again.

If you've been around long enough that I know you, or can get someone I know to vouch for you, and want my purple/blue profession assets, let me know with your character@account and I'll try to remember to patch up Arc and send you poo poo.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

I'm slowly, gradually coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't play NW again.

If you've been around long enough that I know you, or can get someone I know to vouch for you, and want my purple/blue profession assets, let me know with your character@account and I'll try to remember to patch up Arc and send you poo poo.

This makes me a sad panda. You have made my Neverwinter experience infinitely better, and I just want to second the statement from earlier in the thread that you don't get thanked enough. So thank you, and if you do decide to rain down purps and blues from the heavens above to fellow Goons then Ellenan Xorlarrin@felixkelll would be even more grateful. But they'd be loans only, just because 'probably' isn't 'definitely', just like when you helped me unlock my first T3 result slot many moons ago.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FelixReynolds posted:

This makes me a sad panda. You have made my Neverwinter experience infinitely better, and I just want to second the statement from earlier in the thread that you don't get thanked enough. So thank you, and if you do decide to rain down purps and blues from the heavens above to fellow Goons then Ellenan Xorlarrin@felixkelll would be even more grateful. But they'd be loans only, just because 'probably' isn't 'definitely', just like when you helped me unlock my first T3 result slot many moons ago.

If you want to handle handing them out, I'll take you up on it!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Felix has all the poo poo, mug him.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Felix has all the poo poo, mug him.

Good night, sweet prince.

Bert Roberge posted:

4th attempt to get the artifact weapon I want.

Curse you RNGesus!

Let us pray. *pushes button, punches self in face*

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm doing my first artifact weapon, it'll be ready when I get home from work this evening. Good thing, as a GWF, I have a two out of three chance of getting a good one, but, even the bad one has the best stats on it, so, mixed bag. Hoping for wicked!

*pushes button, punches self in face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Okay, I hit 60 on my GF last night and started on Dread Ring and a cool goon sent me a radical sword; I think I replied to the mail with thanks but I was tired and don't really remember. So thanks again, just in case.

In terms of little piddly things I should knock out though, what is there? I've got two more artifact slots now but I'm not sure where artifacts come from besides lockboxes. In the same vein I'm wondering what the best way to rack up refinement fodder is...do any professions award runestones/enchantments?

Lastly (for now), what're some easy-to-get purple companions so I can do the higher-tier sword coast adventures dungeons?

• Locked thread