Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Has anyone actually seen Darth Vader in a Walgreens yet? I've probably been to 10 different stores multiple times over the past month and haven't seen a single Black Series figure, much less Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone know if that newly released Batman from Sideshow has a light up hand for the ring?

No light up feature, but it has a well-painted glow. I'd say the figure seems sparse for what you pay but next to Vader he's the heaviest Sideshow figure I own and he comes with a stand great for super Kung fu moves.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Mr. Yuk posted:

Has anyone actually seen Darth Vader in a Walgreens yet? I've probably been to 10 different stores multiple times over the past month and haven't seen a single Black Series figure, much less Vader.

I've done much the same and haven't had any luck at all. I talked to the manager of the biggest store in my area and he said he received a few of "the white ones" (Proto Fetts) and they were all sold the same day they were put on the shelf. I don't think they had any other figures except their exclusive Fett. He said he has a few people who call him every other day to ask about the figures and said he'd stock them if he could but he can't get them.

Every store around here just regularly has Han, Young Obi Wan, Bespin Luke, and occasionally still a slave Leia.

I've got Vader preordered at BBTS, but I'm trying to find him local first before I end up paying the extra $8 in shipping.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mr. Yuk posted:

I did, it was the only figure they had too, and the only Walgreens that had any sign of actually carrying the wave. I broke and bought the Jedi luke on Amazon for $28.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I tried my hand at Fwoosh's Dio in a Day, Jabba's Dais. This is the first project of this nature I've tried.
http://thefwoosh.com/2014/08/dio-in-a-day-jabbas-dais

I didn't cut the blocks in the exact way I should have, I just glued them and painted them as they were because I wasn't too concerned with a perfect look.

I'm going to go back and work more on making better rugs and pillows for it right now. And may try to make Jabba's Hookah somehow. (didn't buy the SDCC set) Also going to try to find an affordable Salacious Crumb. (anyone know if a 3 3/4 scale Crumb would work well enough?

I had fun doing it though. It may lead to me doing projects like this more in the future.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 12, 2014

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Gipsy Danger with boat-bat, I need this.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Which release is that? The paintjob looks way too decent and the joints to un-gummy to be a NECA.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's a hand painted NECA prototype.

That Gipsy also comes out next week.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

It's a hand painted NECA prototype.

That Gipsy also comes out next week.

Is that the Battle Damaged 18" Gipsy? Cause if so I saw two at a TRU yesterday.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Nah the 18" damaged Gipsy with the cannon arm came out a few weeks back. The next Jaeger series is 7" Gipsy with the boat (new body from the first series) and Tacit Ronin. They are currently shipping to retailers now.

TRU is also getting a clean Knifehead that is shipping to them as well.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Which release is that? The paintjob looks way too decent and the joints to un-gummy to be a NECA.

The sword still looks like garbage imo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God loving drat it. I canceled my Walgreens order for Venoms and they just emailed me telling me they have completed and shipped my order.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I really want a Mxyzptlk, but $30 for what should be a pack-in like Bat-Mite? Go gently caress yourself, Matty.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Woohoo! Just got the shipment notice for my Dredds!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

God loving drat it. I canceled my Walgreens order for Venoms and they just emailed me telling me they have completed and shipped my order.

How long ago did you cancel? Because I did this too and if they all of a sudden bill and ship me poo poo sometime soon I'm gonna flip.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Woohoo! Just got the shipment notice for my Dredds!

Is this for ULTRA MASSIVE TREMENDOUS POLICEMAN? I'd nearly forgotten I have that preordered.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just got my first order from BBTS:

I'm really impressed with the Big Chap, it's a little bit smaller than the NECA one but the level of detail is amazing. I got that Robocop figure because I'm a sucker for stupid gimmicks, really liked the box design though. I'm still looking for a place to put them.
I'm going to order the Arkham City Batman from Play Arts next, and that's gonna be it for me for a while(well, until I can afford to get a Hot Toys figure).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanschel posted:

Is this for ULTRA MASSIVE TREMENDOUS POLICEMAN? I'd nearly forgotten I have that preordered.

HEAVY ARMORED SPECIAL COP!

Yup, and honestly without his helmet he does look a lil :saddowns:

Hoping to have him in my wee little hands by the end of the week. I'll know for sure when the tracking updates from "WE HAVE A NUMBER" to "poo poo'S ON THE WAY".

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

without his helmet

You're Dredding wrong

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, it's removable for some reason and packaged separately. Dunno why though.

It's going on, and staying on the one I keep.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nah, it's removable for some reason and packaged separately. Dunno why though.

It's going on, and staying on the one I keep.

Can we get a photo of the unhelmeted head?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_lA6WGwjMo

It's a review of the figure. Didn't see a pic online by itself.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_lA6WGwjMo

It's a review of the figure. Didn't see a pic online by itself.

I can help with that, if you're like me and hate youtube toy reviews:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Since everything Dredd is canon (all crossovers are considered to have happened in his universe), thats his face, eh? Still waiting on Monkey Depot to ship mine but the guy said all is good a couple weeks back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

How long ago did you cancel? Because I did this too and if they all of a sudden bill and ship me poo poo sometime soon I'm gonna flip.

Sorry, missed this. Like 3 loving weeks ago.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Sorry, missed this. Like 3 loving weeks ago.

Same here, these fuckers better not bill me for this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Vintersorg posted:

Since everything Dredd is canon (all crossovers are considered to have happened in his universe), thats his face, eh? Still waiting on Monkey Depot to ship mine but the guy said all is good a couple weeks back.

That's the face of Heavy Armor Special Cop, not Dredd.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

ShimSham posted:

I tried my hand at Fwoosh's Dio in a Day, Jabba's Dais. This is the first project of this nature I've tried.
http://thefwoosh.com/2014/08/dio-in-a-day-jabbas-dais

I didn't cut the blocks in the exact way I should have, I just glued them and painted them as they were because I wasn't too concerned with a perfect look.

I'm going to go back and work more on making better rugs and pillows for it right now. And may try to make Jabba's Hookah somehow. (didn't buy the SDCC set) Also going to try to find an affordable Salacious Crumb. (anyone know if a 3 3/4 scale Crumb would work well enough?

I had fun doing it though. It may lead to me doing projects like this more in the future.

I did the same thing a few weeks back:

I added my own flourishes, like making the leather pelts and stuff out of craft paper and watercolor.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Same here, these fuckers better not bill me for this.

Make no mistake, this conversation really is a hoot to read for those of us that have been hunting for an Agent Venom since day 1 and have found nothing. I guess I should have preordered!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Make no mistake, this conversation really is a hoot to read for those of us that have been hunting for an Agent Venom since day 1 and have found nothing. I guess I should have preordered!

I just bought one at the Kirkland Walgreens, you want it? However I still have not found Boba.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I called a local Walgreens and when I asked about returning items bought online the girl had no idea that was even possible.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

I just bought one at the Kirkland Walgreens, you want it? However I still have not found Boba.

Yeah I'd still take one for sure. PM me?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I just received mine today. Like most recent Legends, sculpt is fantastic, paint apps suck poo poo.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
I got the Legends Ultron a while back and the chest (ab-crunch?) joint is loose. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Target is having a sale on all their Ninja Turtle stuff, and I saw that Playmates had made a set of figures based on the original comic designs. The paint jobs are terrible on them, but the sculpts are really awesome. I picked up Leonardo and repainted him just to see what it looks like with a better paint job. I really like the rough "sketch" shading lines that they've sculpted all over the figures, makes it look more like the drawings than the Neca ones. For $8 and a couple hours of painting, I can't complain.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wait the figure on the left isn't a bootleg? Wow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That looks pretty good but goddamn, gently caress Playmates for sending out unpainted plastic poo poo.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just get the NECA ones, even the bootlegs are better than that poo poo.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
That figure looks like a dog chewed on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

Target is having a sale on all their Ninja Turtle stuff, and I saw that Playmates had made a set of figures based on the original comic designs. The paint jobs are terrible on them, but the sculpts are really awesome. I picked up Leonardo and repainted him just to see what it looks like with a better paint job. I really like the rough "sketch" shading lines that they've sculpted all over the figures, makes it look more like the drawings than the Neca ones. For $8 and a couple hours of painting, I can't complain.

To hell with the negative nancys, I bought one of those with the same plan you had, but hadn't executed it yet. Seeing your picture is inspiring, I can't wait to start painting. Very fun little do-it-yourself toy kit for $9. :)