Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Got into a top grad program in a field that I'm actually excited to work in (even after doing tons of research on it!) since I'll finally be able to put my undergrad education to good use in a more professional setting. Best of all is that I got a big stack of financial reward money from the school, so I don't have to look at other programs with fewer internship opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
My boss wants to give me a bonus. He wants to buy winter tires for me since my job involves a lot of travel. I've only had this job for just under 3 months and it's the toughest job I've ever had, but I must be doing something right.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I have the best boss ever. I work in a warehouse and have to bring things down from the store that theyve sold off the floor so we can deliver it to the customers house;
(names changed)

I do my shop run on wednesday and bring down goods for customer Smith and put them in the rack. Jessica from the store rings down to the warehouse after I'm done and tells my boss I hosed up and I left Smiths goods at the store. My boss comes lumbering out of the office, yelling at me that I've forgot stuff. I try to explain that I didn't forget anything and he just says ok and walks away.. Thursday comes and the same thing happens, I don't forget anything but Jessica calls down and tells the boss I forgot stuff. He comes out and tells me and I show him the stuff and he walks away, but this time I follow him and tell him I need him to know that I didn't gently caress up (I have a thing for people accusing me of things I didn't do). He just sort of mumbles and walks off and I'm angry bout the whole thing because my name is sullied and I feel like maybe the boss isn't angry about it like I am.

Jessica calls up Friday for something and the clerk yells out from the office
Clerk: 'BOSS THERES A PH CALL FOR YOU'
Boss: 'Who is it?'
Clerk: 'Jessica, from the store'
Boss: 'Tell her to gently caress off, she keeps saying Nierbo is forgetting stuff but he isn't so she can get hosed'

Made me feel really good that he was actually paying attention.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Went to the funeral of someone I disliked today!

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
Well that's... good.

I got to spend an hour of work today in the car. I listened to music, smoked, and got paid for it instead of sitting at my desk bored.

It's the small things.

shock.wav
May 25, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

That's incredible! Haha. Was it a family member? Why did you go?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Won 18 booster packs at a free Magic tourney today, one of which had a $20 card I was trying to find.

Also (yesterday), I won a $50 Target gift card from a cooking competition at work.

And tonight, my fiance wants to help me drink all the leftover alcohol in our fridge :toot:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I learned that at my work dinner event thing I'll be seated next to one of the guests of honor: a shuttle pilot and commander :swoon:
Also, I dunno if I posted this because I was so goddamned busy, but last week I flew a B-17 Flying Fortress. That's the only multi-engined time I'll ever log :v:

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
Because I found out I'm having a daughter today.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hayden posted:

Congrats!

Funny coincidence, I came here to post that my infant daughter is a week old today. :3:

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats!

Funny coincidence, I came here to post that my infant daughter is a week old today. :3:

And so is my little boy! Hurray babies!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^^^Daawwwww babies!!!

Got some new meds today; Wednesday I start therapy for real. I've never been before; seems exciting to maybe actually fix my hosed-up brain.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Sometimes it's the little things: after a terrible day at work, I've made pizza for dinner and I'm about to kick back and relax to watch some Let's Plays in front of the TV :dance:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got officially diagnosed and group went well. Never woulda expected that. Also I'm getting ice cream after class and then gonna catch up on Sleepy Hollow.

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Oct 8, 2014

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DicktheCat posted:

Hayden posted:

It's the circle of life!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Driving home from shopping, I saw a double rainbow; I've only ever seen one or two of those before, but the primary was also a supernumary rainbow as well which I've never seen until today. It was extremely vibrant and beautiful.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Yesterday evening, but still..

I'm the only guy in my Pilates class. People seem to think it's weird for a man to do Pilates but I don't care and it's awesome for my sore back and shoulders. Apparently someone just had to be the ice-breaker, the girls in the class have been talking about it at home and now more guys are signing up.

Come on, lads. Strengthen your core. It's great!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just found out I got accepted to the college I applied to with the intention of doing their physical therapy assistant program.

I couldn't be more excited.

Crowley posted:

Yesterday evening, but still..

I'm the only guy in my Pilates class. People seem to think it's weird for a man to do Pilates but I don't care and it's awesome for my sore back and shoulders. Apparently someone just had to be the ice-breaker, the girls in the class have been talking about it at home and now more guys are signing up.

Come on, lads. Strengthen your core. It's great!

People think it's weird for women to lift weights, too, so it goes both ways. All the lady lifters I know are badasses.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
My pharmacy has finally stopped trying to shortchange me on my pain meds without a double check on my part!

:toot:

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

No more loving useless meetings for the day!

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I get to spend the whole day cuddling with my new kitten Finn. Kitten cuddling is the bestest :)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I learned that there is ONE Youtube video that never plays an ad beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I learned that there is ONE Youtube video that never plays an ad beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Is it wrong that I kind of like this song?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I was sick today but went into work, took the reins of my new job for the first time, and didn't totally suck at it! My trainer says I'm actually faster than typical. Then my wife brought me soup, snacks, and vitamins and left me on the couch in front of a Simpsons marathon. :3:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Won my first jiujitsu sparring. Then my second and third.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I managed to run for the first time since hurting my knee a few weeks ago. Still clearly not 100%, but I was worried that the joint was gonna explode or something. That didn't happen, and that's cool!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I did a Magic draft at my town's new card shop tonight and the guy's payment processor went down right before I paid so he agreed to let me pay after. I drafted a Windswept Heath, and paid for the draft with it when we were done. So I basically got a new deck for free.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I got the job I interviewed for!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Class reunion yesterday evening, first time in several years I'd seen most of my schoolmates. We're all out of college and most of us have a job, but besides that nothing at all has changed. It was a blast seeing all of them.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's my 21st birthday!

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

Astrofig posted:

I got the job I interviewed for!

Awesome! Congrats! I hope I get to come back here on Tuesday and say the same thing.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Yesterday I collected about $225 in raffle prizes for a fundraiser I'm running on Sunday, and today the professor in charge of the club I'm fundraising for was SUPER impressed that I put the whole thing together. :buddy:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I picked a thing up and put it down with authority and control. 220 lbs is more than I've successfully deadlifted in over a month.

Beat personal bests on the other lifts I did today, too.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I'm alive today. The way I've been feeling lately, it's a small victory. I'll take it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My wife was at Goodwill buying clothes for a Halloween costume and she came home excited because she found a women's Burberry trench-coat. Apparently they cost like 1500 dollars and she got it for twelve so thats pretty cool!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I picked a thing up and put it down with authority and control. 220 lbs is more than I've successfully deadlifted in over a month.

Beat personal bests on the other lifts I did today, too.

A followup! On Wednesday I did a one-rep max deadlift of 255, then yesterday did 5 reps of 225. Getting back up to my old five-rep max work weight of 230. And today is my birthday and I'm going out for Indian food.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got the Bluetooth in my car to work again, after almost a month of it not wanting to recognize anyone's phone :toot:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy ('bout loving time it came out in my country :argh:) without having the plot spoiled to me beforehand.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
It's 12:39pm, I haven't slept yet. My GF has just gifted me with a beer I've been trying to find for 2 years now, Bitch's Brew. Woooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I was able to get my fascist boss to let me stay home tonight even though I called out 1 1/2 hours before I was supposed to go on. WHOOP. Now I can stay at home and be miserable with my sick self, gently caress yes.