Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

So for Flash tonight, is the villian from the trailer supposed to be Mirror Master? Or an original character who approximates Mirror Master?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hi liter posted:

So for Flash tonight, is the villian from the trailer supposed to be Mirror Master? Or an original character who approximates Mirror Master?

It's Multiplex.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Did anyone ever find out how they were handling the Constantine pilot? I know they were changing the actress in the show, but last I checked no one knew if they were reshooting the pilot, or just replacing her in some fashion afterwards.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Kingtheninja posted:

Did anyone ever find out how they were handling the Constantine pilot? I know they were changing the actress in the show, but last I checked no one knew if they were reshooting the pilot, or just replacing her in some fashion afterwards.

I heard that she is in the pilot and then immediately written off and replaced with a new character in the next episode. Maybe that involved refilming the end of the episode? Can't remember.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Word was that they reshot some of the last act of the pilot, presumably to explain her not staying with John. Possibly featuring one of the new regulars?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Word was that they reshot some of the last act of the pilot, presumably to explain her not staying with John. Possibly featuring one of the new regulars?

Its Constantine. She is killed horribly.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Pilot spoilers, obviously: the way the pilot plays out, she doesn't actually agree to keep working with John until the very end, where it's revealed that he kind of set things up in order to show her that she could help people if she works with him. I imagine they just rewrote/shot the scene at the end so that she simply never decides to keep working with him and they instead just have John move on. Might be a bit awkward since they're obviously establishing her as the female lead during the entire pilot, but shouldn't be too difficult to change.

tl;dr version - a reshoot of a single scene at the very end of the episode could theoretically be all that it takes for them to write her character out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mark Waid is doing Flash recaps for Playboy. The page is sfw but you still probably want to read it at home.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Did someone dibs the Constantine thread yet?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Did someone dibs the Constantine thread yet?

There's already one in TVIV. I think here all TV chat just goes in this thread.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Talking about general chat stuff, Gotham had a bit of improvement this week over previous weeks, but I got to say that Barbara Gordon seems like a character who only exists to stay at home all day and accuse Gordon of keeping secrets. Also Penguin continues to be the best part of the show.
Flash is going pretty strong as well, and it's nice to see that it isn't taking itself too seriously like Gotham is. The only thing is I'm not a big fan of the love triangle and it is getting really old, really fast (Flash joke).

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Deadpool posted:

There's already one in TVIV. I think here all TV chat just goes in this thread.

Thanks. TVIV was what I meant. Missed it searching.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
So I know I'm probably going to be totally wrong but I'm beginning to think Flash's Harrison Wells might be actually Rip Hunter. He's the closest thing DC has to a Timecop (besides Booster Gold) and has been shown to do some morally grey things and he's literally named after the dude wrote the Time Machine on the show. I'm probably totally off here but it seems to make sense given the lack of clues.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

So I know I'm probably going to be totally wrong but I'm beginning to think Flash's Harrison Wells might be actually Rip Hunter. He's the closest thing DC has to a Timecop (besides Booster Gold) and has been shown to do some morally grey things and he's literally named after the dude wrote the Time Machine on the show. I'm probably totally off here but it seems to make sense given the lack of clues.

It seems more likely that he is Zoom

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

It seems more likely that he is Zoom

TOO likely, I feel. I think he's Hunter too.

And I just realised that Thea in Arrow might disown Ollie/take a fake name while in Corto Maltese... Maybe her mother's maiden name, coupled with a rhyme for her first one?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

TOO likely, I feel. I think he's Hunter too.

And I just realised that Thea in Arrow might disown Ollie/take a fake name while in Corto Maltese... Maybe her mother's maiden name, coupled with a rhyme for her first one?

Her main motivation is Moira (and Ollie and Roy) lying to her. She's not going to take Moira's name.

Merlyn's dead wife's maiden name could be Dearden though. Down for that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Caught the first two episodes of The Flash, so far it's really quite good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. Why everyone is talking about Zoom when Thawne has always gone by the Reverse Flash persona?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. Why everyone is talking about Zoom when Thawne has always gone by the Reverse Flash persona?

Because everything we've seen in the first 2 episodes kinda reminds us more of Zoom than reverse Flash (with the whole "must survive, be stronger), where as Thawne in the show has the same level of malice as Flash Thompson from the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Nothing is stopping him from being it later but all we've seen so far doesn't even seem to hint at it yet.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Plus Zoom is a better name so even if it was the original Thawne to a tee they probably would end up using it instead.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 19, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People keep mentioning the Merlyn twist for why Thawne might be a red herring, but Merlyn still ended up being a Merlyn. Just a different one. They didn't make Detective Lance Merlyn or something like that.

I doubt he's named Thawne as a mislead. He's probably not from the future in the show though.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Could be a double blind, though. Like:

Timeline One - Flash lives and saves world from the Crisis.

Timeline Two - Thawne goes back in time, kills Barry's mom, steals his girlfriend, and prevents Barry from becoming the Flash, world is destroyed by Crisis.

Timeline Three - Just before the world blows up, Wells goes back in time. He replicates the accident that creates the Flash, and is trying to shepherd him to a place where he'll save the world, and he's willing to kill to do so. This is the timeline we're in now.

Problems? Well, besides the name, the fact that he's cockblocking Barry, and his having good timing in being there to save Iris' research in the pilot, there hasn't been even the slightest hint that Eddie is anything besides what he appears to be ...a smooth and attractive cop. Considering they've been pounding the whole "Wells is not what he seems" button pretty hard, you'd expect them to give some hint of it if Eddie's the same, but perhaps they're saving that for a big reveal later.

Also this is pretty convoluted and involves multiple time travelers with opposing agendas and I dunno if The Flash wants to be that show. They might just be setting Eddie up to be a future villain (maybe Zoom, maybe Reverse Flash, maybe The Yellow Blur, or whatever) by starting him out as a simple romantic rival and then moving him to someplace darker if his relationship with Iris falls apart one day and he ends up blaming Barry for it. Or something along those lines.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They can even still use the jealous Flash fan angle.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Aphrodite posted:

They can even still use the jealous Flash fan angle.

True, that's something to keep an eye on as the series moves forward. How does Eddie view the Flash? They could do some clever stuff if they're willing to be subtle and take their time. Granted, having Wells shank a guy in episode two doesn't scream patience to me, but maybe it's a magic trick where your gaze is on Wells so you don't notice the coin is behind Eddie's ear?

Anyway, it's going to be fun finding out, even if they don't end up going for Babylon 5 style arc plotting. (Though I'd love it if they did!)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jng2058 posted:

Timeline Two - Thawne goes back in time, kills Barry's mom, steals his girlfriend, and prevents Barry from becoming the Flash, world is destroyed by Crisis.

Timeline Three - Just before the world blows up, Wells goes back in time. He replicates the accident that creates the Flash, and is trying to shepherd him to a place where he'll save the world, and he's willing to kill to do so. This is the timeline we're in now.

That's very Back to the Future. I like it, and I hope they do this or something like it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wasn't there a whole conversation between Wells and West about them being heroes and such?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't know if Wells is impatient for killing Stagg. I got the impression that he knows for a fact that Stagg will do something really bad in the future and this is Wells simply taking preemptive measures against it. From a certain perspective, he may well have waited a long time for just the right moment to kill Stagg. (The public is aware that there were multiple hit men going after him, and Barry at least knows Stagg probably brought it on himself, so someone killing the guy doesn't raise any suspicions at this precise moment in time)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jada Pinkett auditioned for her role on Gotham by bringing along a shirtless man on a leash.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/jada-pinkett-smith-gotham-audition-paleyfest.html

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Jada Pinkett auditioned for her role on Gotham by bringing along a shirtless man on a leash.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/jada-pinkett-smith-gotham-audition-paleyfest.html

Very cool of Will to help out.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's what Captain Boomerang will look like on Flash

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Where's the hat :argh:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

achillesforever6 posted:

Hats indoors? What has this world come to?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

jng2058 posted:

This is some really wild, elaborate speculation... but it kinda makes a lot of sense. All the pieces would fit together really well.

For instance, this would explain the Braille Future Newspaper room: It's Wells' link to the future, to show him what his current progress is, like a forecast. He was happy to see that the newspaper showed that the Flash did exist in the future, but perhaps he still has work to do to make everything perfect? (or not, maybe Flash is supposed to disappear/sacrifice himself, I don't know the crisis plot)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dacap posted:

The guy on the right seems to have a pretty small head?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

And the scarf!?? :doom:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dacap posted:

He's not going to be on Flash!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SirDan3k posted:

Plus Zoom is a better name so even if it was the original Thawne to a tee they probably would end up using it instead.

Every site that covered the leaked pics named him Reverse Flash though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He was also called Professor Zoom

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I literally always thought he was called Professor Zoom, The Reverse Flash. Kind of like Superman, The Man of Steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

zoux posted:

He's not going to be on Flash!

Yes he is. He's the villain of the two-part Arrow/Flash crossover so he'll actually be on both shows.