Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ularg posted:

Don't tempt me with the pinball tables. I finally pried myself out of the daily play and score chasing. I already have flower and never heard of Steamworld Dig. I do like chilled-out non-games.

Steamworld Dig is one of those cross-sectional, dig down, get minerals, sell minerals, get better equipment, dig deeper games. Unlike a lot of similar games, It's not random and you're playing through a (pretty thin) story. It's not amazing or anything, but I enjoyed it well enough for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Malt posted:

Sounds Shapes, Rogue Legacy, The Swapper, First Light, Octodad just got an update today I think with new levels, and Peggle 2 comes out today.

I had no idea the Octodad update was out today, awesome news.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Speedball posted:

Too many dick jokes and not enough tactical uses for your weaponry in that, I would say. One of the brilliant things about RE4 was it was one of the first games to really make various enemy hit-spots have tangible differences for shooting 'em there, often setting up a devastating roundhouse kick or whatever.

I'd buy Suplex DLC for TEW.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Surlaw posted:

I had no idea the Octodad update was out today, awesome news.

One of the few things that can pry me away from Destiny. Excellent news.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

So was Shadows of the Damned and I didn't enjoy that...

I had fun with that game, but it was incredibly too easy. I played through on hard and the dodge roll made you invulnerable to every single enemy except the one attack by the final boss.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Gravy Jones posted:

Steamworld Dig is one of those cross-sectional, dig down, get minerals, sell minerals, get better equipment, dig deeper games. Unlike a lot of similar games, It's not random and you're playing through a (pretty thin) story. It's not amazing or anything, but I enjoyed it well enough for the price.

Is it better than Super Motherload? That game got really boring about mid-way.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's worth noting that the biggest problem with the black bars in TEW isn't one of aesthetics, it's that they obscure poo poo off screen that you need to see, like interaction markers and even occasionally items. Really frustrating.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ularg posted:

Is it better than Super Motherload? That game got really boring about mid-way.

In my opinion, yes. By a lot. And I didn't hate SuperMotherload.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Nidhogg is out today apparently. Excellent co op game if you haven't played it yet. Pretty funny to look at the comments on the announcements to see people bitching about the graphics.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

So was Shadows of the Damned and I didn't enjoy that...

Do i gotta Dragon Kick you into the milk way?

You doubting Mikami? :colbert:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Peggle 2 just hit PS4. Downloading it now. $11.99

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

TEW didn't sound too interesting at first but after hearing how much it is like RE4 I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I'll pick it up in a few months once the price drops.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013
I've started an Evil Within thread. Check it out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672159

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One thing I should warn people about comparing it to RE4 is that it's played completely straight, no roundhouses/suplexes, no (intentionally?) goofy dialogue and set pieces. It's really trying hard to be a 'proper' horror game, for better or worse.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

One thing I should warn people about comparing it to RE4 is that it's played completely straight, no roundhouses/suplexes, no (intentionally?) goofy dialogue and set pieces. It's really trying hard to be a 'proper' horror game, for better or worse.
Still, it IS a japanese game, so the writing seems already kind of batshit and there was also a journal by the main character in which he casually mentions checking out his partner's rear end.

I mean, it doesn't seem as dull as most serious horror game writing.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ularg posted:

Don't tempt me with the pinball tables. I finally pried myself out of the daily play and score chasing. I already have flower and never heard of Steamworld Dig. I do like chilled-out non-games.

I also like games I can sink a ton of hours into or are really immersive, if short.

Hehe, the Addams Family Kickstarter for Pinball Arcade was successful so let me just plant the bug in your ear.

If you haven't already then hop on Transistor, Valiant Hearts, Costume Quest 2, Guacamelee, or Child of Light.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I know it came out months ago on Xbox One and at a bad time on PS4 right before Destiny, but Garden Warfare is a really fun game.

Hard to believe it's an EA budget title considering it's getting more free support and DLC than any non-Valve game I can think of.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you just got your PS4 then you missed a free Resogun but it's worth paying for.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I don't know if I'd call Evil Within 100% serious, it's more that Mikami seems to base all of his games on 70s-80s Italian dubbed horror so you will have creepy atmosphere combined with dialogue like "Are YOU from AROUND HERE?" (said to a man covered in blood who is stumbling around) and one of the early cutscenes has Sebastian doing a kick flip off an enemy while shooting a second enemy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: one of the preorder bonuses listed on the box of EW is the paper case it comes in.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Sakurazuka posted:

No suplexi = no buy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Keep the faith, RE4 only introduced suplexes in the last third.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nidhogg is up. Not sure if it was supposed to have a PLUS discount but it lists as $14.99 but charged me (and stated so) $11.99

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

al-azad posted:

Hehe, the Addams Family Kickstarter for Pinball Arcade was successful so let me just plant the bug in your ear.

If you haven't already then hop on Transistor, Valiant Hearts, Costume Quest 2, Guacamelee, or Child of Light.

Have they said when Costume Quest 2 is coming out for PS4?

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Does the PS4 in theory have the ability for developers to automatically save video clips like the Xbox One does? I'm just reminded of the tales from Peggle 2 saving thousands of worthless clips to the drive but the core idea isn't a bad one, just would need to be implanted in a smart way.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Athenry posted:

Have they said when Costume Quest 2 is coming out for PS4?

Like a week ago.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

Like a week ago.

Its not showing up in the store for me? I know its out on steam.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Athenry posted:

Its not showing up in the store for me? I know its out on steam.

All they have said is before Halloween for consoles.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Dork457 posted:

Does the PS4 in theory have the ability for developers to automatically save video clips like the Xbox One does? I'm just reminded of the tales from Peggle 2 saving thousands of worthless clips to the drive but the core idea isn't a bad one, just would need to be implanted in a smart way.

I seem to recall Sniper Elite 3 automatically saving some of my shots even though I didn't recall setting it to do that.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Feenix posted:

Nidhogg is up. Not sure if it was supposed to have a PLUS discount but it lists as $14.99 but charged me (and stated so) $11.99

Yeah it shows up as + discount. Lone Survivor also added, but don't see a discount on that, and In Space We Brawl (I don't know what that is) for $9.59 PS+ price

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Malt posted:

I'm assuming it'll be the 28th.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crappy Jack posted:

I seem to recall Sniper Elite 3 automatically saving some of my shots even though I didn't recall setting it to do that.

I would guess that it does have that ability but after a bunch of embarrassing stories about games consuming huge amounts of disk space without the user's knowledge devs are hesitant to flip it on. Both platforms also have an easy system-level way for the user to do that manually if they want.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

wait what the gently caress PS4 is getting Nidhogg??! and I seriously thought I'd have trouble hitting the $100 spent in October to get that rebate. Nidhogg, Peggle, Octodad's about to go on sale, (possibly) The Evil Within..... that's it right there.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Malt posted:

Weird, I checked the store on my phone or something and it showed up as "Buy."

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

wait what the gently caress PS4 is getting Nidhogg??! and I seriously thought I'd have trouble hitting the $100 spent in October to get that rebate. Nidhogg, Peggle, Octodad's about to go on sale, (possibly) The Evil Within..... that's it right there.

Maybe it's just cuz it's midday and no one knows yet that it's out but trying Multiplayer connects me to NO one. If anyone is definitely Nidhogging right now, Friend me "ILL_MITCH"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

Maybe it's just cuz it's midday and no one knows yet that it's out but trying Multiplayer connects me to NO one. If anyone is definitely Nidhogging right now, Friend me "ILL_MITCH"

out of town til tomorrow and then gotta go straight work but I will Nidhogg the gently caress out of you tomorrow night around 10:30 PM EST if you wanna go ahead and add me at "mattnotgeorge"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

out of town til tomorrow and then gotta go straight work but I will Nidhogg the gently caress out of you tomorrow night around 10:30 PM EST if you wanna go ahead and add me at "mattnotgeorge"

Will add. I put the kid to bed a little later than that, but around there sounds good. :)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm actually excited to play The Wolf Among Us on the PS4. I've heard it was good and I loved the Walking Dead Season 1. I'll get the chance to play the first season back to back like I did with the walking dead.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
In other good news for some people who care, two more free maps were added for intercept mode in Killzone:Shadow Fall. Also they finally have put up the awesome soundtrack on iTunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Ularg posted:

I'm actually excited to play The Wolf Among Us on the PS4. I've heard it was good and I loved the Walking Dead Season 1. I'll get the chance to play the first season back to back like I did with the walking dead.

It's pretty good at feeling like a solid noir detective thing, moreso than LA Noire, even. I was having a blast putting together the clues and unraveling conspiracy after conspiracy, and then the last episode hits and it felt like they were just scrambling to wrap things up. Maybe they weren't focusing on the mystery and I was looking for it to be something it wasn't, but it's a great game that just couldn't quite stick the landing, in my opinion.

• Locked thread