Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Wow, those look great as always! Keep it up.

Iris of Ether posted:

So this prize pot is absolutely bonkers. Thanks to everyone who donated! There's so much stuff, in fact, that if you're drawing from this pot you should pick both a 'small' prize and a 'big' prize! In general, that means one prize equal to a GW box set and one prize equal to 1-3 solo minis. 'Gimme a big hit from the box of Bones' counts as a valid choice, by the way.

First up is Lovestick, May's prize winner. Last I checked you're drawing from my bag: what you would like?

Thanks, PM Sent!

lovestick fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

Finally, it appears I'm missing the bonus points for Strike a Pose and Speed Painting on the spreadsheet. I did both of those in this Oath Complete post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=153678#post431845998

Unless it's not tabulating correctly from the Achievements page, it looks like I gave you the points already. (Or Krushgroove ninja fixed it?) :confused:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: And now it's time for the long overdue Prizes! :siren: :siren:

Q1 Oath Thread: Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set 1d89 82 http://orokos.com/roll/228007
This goes to rzal!

rzal, please PM me or email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com with your choice of Warmachine/Hordes faction and your address to receive your fabulous prize of a Warmachine or Hordes starter box and token set! If you're new to the game, consider checking out our sweet SA thread on the topic to help you select one to your tastes.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For October I oath this Ork Painboy with Grot orderly:

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

stabbington posted:

rzal, please PM me or email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com with your choice of Warmachine/Hordes faction and your address to receive your fabulous prize of a Warmachine or Hordes starter box and token set! If you're new to the game, consider checking out our sweet SA thread on the topic to help you select one to your tastes.

Hey nice. Thanks, I'll send you an email shortly.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

krushgroove posted:

You have to go to the Dragon Forge website http://dragonforge.com/ and choose what you want and give me the info outlined here: http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forge

Okay, I'm going with the Dragon Forge prize, pass the Brushes on to the other guy. I will email my info.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath addition!

3 Fusiliers, a Hexas and a Croc Man from Infinity, and a Dodge Viper from... Maisto, I think? in 1/43 scale. The pink stuff is the silly putty I used to mask the car when I primed it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Necromancer

Undead Lady

Miss Ery

Skeletal Dragon

Nightmare Whiskey Golem

The only bonus I went for is this month's journal for a bonus: the pink on Miss Ery's patch for Breast Cancer Awareness (she will cut the poo poo out of cancer, also I forgot about the theme until 10 minutes ago, sue me).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath 3 Plague Worms. From Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

Oath addition!
1 Flesh Ripper Brute. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.
Just to test how long one of these will take.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

Also, KR Multicase Grand Prize Winners from Oath Thread Season 4: YOUR GRAND PRIZES ARE ON THE WAY!! Please let us/me know when you get them :)

Received today! :D Good timing, it's my birthday so it was an extra nice surprise :dance:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do hereby oath one (1) Necromancer. 28mm from Reaper Miniatures.

After missing last month it feels good to get back on some painting.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath one Merc: FCC - Liaison (Megacon Games)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 18, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath Addition!

I, lovestick, add to my October oath 1 Stone Stairway by Kobblestone Miniatures (28mm), some Armorcast buckets, 5 Games Workshop Gnoblars, and an Empire peasant.

Icebucket challenge accepted!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Thought I'd point out that one of the sponsors, KR Multicase, is having their 10 year anniversary this month and any backpack, aluminum case or Kaiser bag purchased from their website comes with a free standard size card case including foam. It'll show up in your checkout where you can customize it, but only for this month!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I've really wanted to take advantage of that deal, ever since I saw it advertised on twitter. Unfortunately the upfront cost of a single case is too much right now :(

Also, I do have a mini to oath this month, I've sculpted a tiny teapot and everything, but I haven't had time to spray it and make oath pics yet. Hoepfully I can do so and paint it before the end of the month.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oathing these three pirates from Reaper Bones.

Gonna paint them in the colours of the charity we supported in our wedding gifts, the Jubilee Sailing Trust, because that's where i met my wife and they're awesome.

http://jst.org.uk/

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed Group for the Rangers.

Jurnul:

For this I chose Stephen Colbert's Wrist Strong Charity, which raises awareness for minor injuries. While it was a joke they did use it to raise money for the Yellow Ribbon Fund.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I, Laika the Space Dog, hereby oath: 1 GW Orc, 2 GW Goblins, assorted GW Bits, 1 Maxmini Book, 1 Freebooter Rat, and a couple bits of dollhouse furniture.

It will all make sense in the end...

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, oath this Malifaux Freikorps Steam Trunk

The base is separate right now, but they'll be put together eventually.

A shot pre-basecoat to show which bits I made out of greenstuff:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath: Thagrosh, Skarre, a Satyxis Sea Witch, Herne, and Jonne
These are all Privateer Press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Deanut Pancer posted:

For October I oath this Ork Painboy with Grot orderly:

Signal posted:

Oath addition!
3 Fusiliers, a Hexas and a Croc Man from Infinity, and a Dodge Viper from... Maisto, I think? in 1/43 scale. The pink stuff is the silly putty I used to mask the car when I primed it.

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition!
1 Flesh Ripper Brute. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do hereby oath one (1) Necromancer. 28mm from Reaper Miniatures.

Indolent Bastard posted:

lovestick posted:

Oath Addition!

I, lovestick, add to my October oath 1 Stone Stairway by Kobblestone Miniatures (28mm), some Armorcast buckets, 5 Games Workshop Gnoblars, and an Empire peasant.

thespaceinvader posted:

Oathing these three pirates from Reaper Bones.

Gonna paint them in the colours of the charity we supported in our wedding gifts, the Jubilee Sailing Trust, because that's where i met my wife and they're awesome.

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, Laika the Space Dog, hereby oath: 1 GW Orc, 2 GW Goblins, assorted GW Bits, 1 Maxmini Book, 1 Freebooter Rat, and a couple bits of dollhouse furniture.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, oath this Malifaux Freikorps Steam Trunk

The base is separate right now, but they'll be put together eventually.

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath: Thagrosh, Skarre, a Satyxis Sea Witch, Herne, and Jonne
These are all Privateer Press.

Oaths Accepted!

Sorry it took a little while to get to these :)

and YES please support our sponsors, including but not limited to KR Multicase! Hopefully enri and Iris of Ether will post pics of their KR prizes from the last thread - they are...significantly more than originally promised :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

and YES please support our sponsors, including but not limited to KR Multicase! Hopefully enri and Iris of Ether will post pics of their KR prizes from the last thread - they are...significantly more than originally promised :)

:aaa: I'll keep on the lookout for it, thanks! I've not received it yet, but it's got to go over an extra ocean for me I think. :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Iris of Ether posted:

:aaa: I'll keep on the lookout for it, thanks! I've not received it yet, but it's got to go over an extra ocean for me I think. :D

Actually they have a factory in the US, but I'd imagine they're swamped with orders for their 10th anniversary deal :) I'm sure you'll like what's going to show up!

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Ugh, I've been so busy this month I forgot to oath!

I, drgnvale, oath 1 games workshop apothecary for the month of October

I'll try to shoehorn the journal into it, but I think I'll be lucky if I get as far as basecoating :(

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
Krushgroove, did you get my email with the details for last month's brush prize?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE!

Can you guess which cause I dedicated this guy to for my Jurnal?

I was going over the various groups that I wanted to support, and came across this logo. The Statue of Liberty crown + face reminded me of this particular Sanguinary Guard helmet, so off I went. I ended up sticking pretty closely to the monochrome bluish look with some white for select details. It both made this a relatively simple basecoat + wash + minor highlights job, and ended up giving it a pretty cool otherworldly vibe if I do say so myself. The terrible freehanding on his chest scroll is supposed to say "LIBER."

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I, FROOOOOOOOG, oath Orcs.

That is to say, 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77045: Orc Hunter (Spear), 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77059: Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword), 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77051: Orc Stalker (Two Weapons), 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77056: Orc Sniper (Archer).

FROOOOOOOOG fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 23, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

drgnvale posted:

Ugh, I've been so busy this month I forgot to oath!

I, drgnvale, oath 1 games workshop apothecary for the month of October

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I, FROOOOOOOOG, oath Orcs.
That is to say, 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77045: Orc Hunter (Spear), 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77059: Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword), 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77051: Orc Stalker (Two Weapons), 1x Reaper Miniaturestm Bonestm 77056: Orc Sniper (Archer).
Oaths Accepted!

muskets posted:

Krushgroove, did you get my email with the details for last month's brush prize?

I'm sure I did, I haven't looked through my Oath-related emails yet, really really busy right now to get ready for a work trip next week but I will be sorting it all out ASAP!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Something's up with my camera so everything looks yellowish :(

Claiming box art on the flesh ripper. Here's the box http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?SKU=BT01.
I did this month's journal. It almost feels weird, but the green Plague Worms are raising Mental health awareness, while the red one is all about HIV/AIDS awareness.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have to call my oath broken already. I lost a part of my model. I think.

Next month I'll oath something with less than 100 pieces or whatever.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath addition
I Indolent Bastard additionally oath one Eye Monster (Reaper Miniatures)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:france: Oath Complete! :france:

command tank

I'd like to claim Fly Your Flag and the month's JURNAL for the command tank, which should roll into a Double the Fun.
Can you guess which charity is represented?

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android oath one goblin crew (GW) and one tentacle monster thing

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Oath Complete!

Jurnal: A thin, pink, ribbon-y tongue:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 5 Mantic Corporation marines and 3 mantic zombies. 28mm, intended for GW proxy for imperial guard and will be painted as Nod soldiers/zombies(tiberium-viscera).

Will be Themed Group.

These are the new Mantic Zombies. I am not a fan so far, but lets see how they paint.

The arms are awful, some are long chimp arms and others are little chicken wings. All of them have a crappy socket connection but none of them hide the ball well, so they can be photoed from one angle until you start seeing ball-socket. So far it is hard to tell what is clothing and what is skin, maybe it does not matter that much since you will paint it all, but it's a bit frustrating trying to figure out what I am looking at so I know what color to paint. Also the heads are a pain but not as much as those arms.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, hoping I haven't missed the cutoff, oath to paint (1) Large Earth Elemental! From Reaper Bones, 28mm. It's shown here on a base with a bunch of Vallejo Grey Pumice on it, otherwise unprimed.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

These are the new Mantic Zombies. I am not a fan so far, but lets see how they paint.

The arms are awful, some are long chimp arms and others are little chicken wings. All of them have a crappy socket connection but none of them hide the ball well, so they can be photoed from one angle until you start seeing ball-socket. So far it is hard to tell what is clothing and what is skin, maybe it does not matter that much since you will paint it all, but it's a bit frustrating trying to figure out what I am looking at so I know what color to paint. Also the heads are a pain but not as much as those arms.

I think the big mistake with these was trying to make them compatible with the old Kings of War zombies - Mantic've done a lot better with connections on more recent kits like the restic stuff. The weird anatomy is probably intended since they're Plague mutants gone wrong rather than the regular walking dead, but that does kind of limit their utility for other games.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath addition
I Indolent Bastard additionally oath one Eye Monster (Reaper Miniatures)

Android posted:

I, Android oath one goblin crew (GW) and one tentacle monster thing

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 5 Mantic Corporation marines and 3 mantic zombies. 28mm, intended for GW proxy for imperial guard and will be painted as Nod soldiers/zombies(tiberium-viscera).

Will be Themed Group.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, hoping I haven't missed the cutoff, oath to paint (1) Large Earth Elemental! From Reaper Bones, 28mm. It's shown here on a base with a bunch of Vallejo Grey Pumice on it, otherwise unprimed.

Oaths Accepted!

And that's it for October Oaths! Let's get 'em in, you've all got one week to go to finish your models!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Lovestick, Esser-Z, koreban, and Haydrian, your Grab Bag prizes hit the mail today. I used all flat rate boxes, so you should see them before next weekend. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Indolent Bastard posted:

one Eye Monster (Reaper Miniatures)

What the gently caress 'eye monster', it's a beholder you unwashed savage.

• Locked thread