Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If he is, I would like to say: Voyager sucks and I've never watched every episode. Also, Berman and Braga suck, and they suck their own butts, and they suck each other's butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Perhaps the loss of his beloved star trek forum and volunteer work cataloguing toy packaging will convince him that it was wrong to rape a child.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Castle Radium posted:

Yeah, I get that. I remember getting made redundant from my job the same day the finale aired. Talk about a double gut-punch.

Season 4 Farscape isn't by any means a BSG-scale trainwreck, but I've always felt the direction they took towards the end was disappointing. I think the main issue was the Skarrens were never interesting enough to be the central villains, unlike, say, the shamefully underused Nebari. And Servalan McMagictits was a horrible, horrible character.

Haha holy gently caress that chick totally was Servalan too, I never realized that before

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

why would you do such a thing I could have written a TrekCore article on this because it's so rare nowadays abloobloobloo :qq:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I don't think I've ever noticed before, but there's a battery compartment on that ship. So it's not a plamo kit, it's an actual toy? When you press the button, does it normalize a 30+ year old having relations with a toddler?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

I see you let Troi near it with a hammmer

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ayb posted:

I see you let Troi near it with a hammmer
It was Data who hosed that one up, not Troi. I'm gonna say the hard truth here: Y'all prejudiced against Betazoids.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I think the nickname "Servalan McMagictits" deserves to be seen outside of a spoiler tag.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Nessus posted:

It was Data who hosed that one up, not Troi. I'm gonna say the hard truth here: Y'all prejudiced against Betazoids.

Data was framed, finally got his revenge.

eriktown posted:

I think the nickname "Servalan McMagictits" deserves to be seen outside of a spoiler tag.

For those who are unfamiliar with Blakes 7 here's Servalan.

And here's Grayza aka Servalan McMagictits.

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Castle Radium posted:

Season 4 Farscape isn't by any means a BSG-scale trainwreck, but I've always felt the direction they took towards the end was disappointing. I think the main issue was the Skarrens were never interesting enough to be the central villains, unlike, say, the shamefully underused Nebari. And Servalan McMagictits was a horrible, horrible character.

I think I read that they intended Nebari to be featured in the 5th season

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I don't think I've ever noticed before, but there's a battery compartment on that ship. So it's not a plamo kit, it's an actual toy? When you press the button, does it normalize a 30+ year old having relations with a toddler?

It's the Playmates light and sound Voyager, an item I would have thoroughly enjoyed as a child but we stopped getting Trek toys out here shortly after the first run of DS9 figures, so that image kind of bums me out even though Voyager as a show obviously sucks.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Tighclops posted:

It's the Playmates light and sound Voyager, an item I would have thoroughly enjoyed as a child but we stopped getting Trek toys out here shortly after the first run of DS9 figures, so that image kind of bums me out even though Voyager as a show obviously sucks.

They really weren't making a huge effort to get the toys from DS9 and on in the stores compared to the massive run on TNG stuff you could find everywhere. I remember being able to pick up the first run on TNG figures at some local hole in the wall wholesale store. Toy stores had at least half an aisle dedicated to all the poo poo. I guess it just hit saturation around Voyager like everything else Star Trek since I barely saw Voyager figures and the aisle shrank.

Speaking of toys, I've been doing some cleaning and I found the TNG bridge playset. It's a whole lot smaller than I remembered.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Holy crap, that finale of season 5 in DS9. I pity all the fans that had to wait entire months to skip to the next episode. I hope Garak becomes a regular cast member, he's so charming!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DarkLich posted:

Holy crap, that finale of season 5 in DS9. I pity all the fans that had to wait entire months to skip to the next episode. I hope Garak becomes a regular cast member, he's so charming!

Never becomes a regular no, but he shows up about as much as a supporting one can.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

At the end of season six, the series undergoes a drastic retooling with the elimination of every possible love interest for Bashir as Garak takes over those duties.

"I-I love you, Jyurian-nii-chan~"

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 13, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I absolutely loved the explanation for why Garak was so crazy. His personality made so much more sense after that.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Andrew Robinson did such an amazing job. Dude loved his character enough to write a novel giving it a full back story

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

If he is, I would like to say: Voyager sucks and I've never watched every episode. Also, Berman and Braga suck, and they suck their own butts, and they suck each other's butts.
Wait, are you telling me Aatrek was a supporter of Berman/Braga, and yet people rail on him more for the pedophile thing? Where are your priorities everyone?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Knormal posted:

Wait, are you telling me Aatrek was a supporter of Berman/Braga, and yet people rail on him more for the pedophile thing? Where are your priorities everyone?

He thought that somehow we had railed on them enough. He banned any further criticism of them.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You guys were ruled by a pedofile king.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Haha man look how pink that is. Jesus. Too bad our convicted pedophile is gone, I'm sure he'd've had a colour-corrected version of that exact frame in 4K.

Go to memory-alpha and choose a random image from a random article. If it's an HD screencap, his user name will probably show as the uploader.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Knormal posted:

Uh, what paedophile thing?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Uh, what paedophile thing?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2472

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
:heysexy:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

WTF? How did this come to be known? The thread linked there just confuses me.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

WTF? How did this come to be known?

Agreed, that's the first thing that sprang to mind for me too

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

WTF? How did this come to be known? The thread linked there just confuses me.
Someone on Something Sensitive, a site which is basically butthurt people who got banned here, doxxed him. Unlike most doxxing, this revealed that he had convictions for child molestation. He resigned as a mod very quickly, and a couple few hours later Lowtax and pals were like 'h... holy poo poo!' and permabanned him, as well as a parachute account he'd registered. There was some kerfuffle, who knows how much real vs. feigned, over just how badly the mods had failed in their due diligence regarding the guy who rides herd on the TV forum.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
They also revealed his deviantart account, which had some questionable photography he'd done. The one that really freaked me out was a picture of a kid and some adult sitting at a table looking at each other, but it was taken through some blinds or a window and titled "The Stranger".

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Oh, gently caress :barf:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"The Stranger".

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Aatrek was Neelix IRL.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nutsngum posted:

Aatrek was Neelix IRL.

Except not as charming or personable.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

McSpanky posted:

Except not as charming or personable.

:iceburn:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Could he dance better than Neelix?

Trick question, no one is better.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nessus posted:

Someone on Something Sensitive, a site which is basically butthurt people who got banned here, doxxed him. Unlike most doxxing, this revealed that he had convictions for child molestation. He resigned as a mod very quickly, and a couple few hours later Lowtax and pals were like 'h... holy poo poo!' and permabanned him, as well as a parachute account he'd registered. There was some kerfuffle, who knows how much real vs. feigned, over just how badly the mods had failed in their due diligence regarding the guy who rides herd on the TV forum.

The best part of it all was the TrekCore article about the spacklefaced Data doll that he was so proud of that he even posted teasers for it on here, as if anyone gave a poo poo, was quietly publushed without author credit.

That plus the bottled up anti-Aatrek sentiment that came gushing out as soon as he was gone.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Who could have guessed that a Trek-obsessed volunteer forum moderator who was unreasonably excited about children's toys would have been a creepy weirdo?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Otisburg posted:

Who could have guessed that a Trek-obsessed volunteer forum moderator who was unreasonably excited about children's toys would have been a creepy weirdo?

Police - "Not all Star Trek fans are Pedo's, but all Pedo's are Star Trek fans."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

The best part of it all was the TrekCore article about the spacklefaced Data doll that he was so proud of that he even posted teasers for it on here, as if anyone gave a poo poo, was quietly publushed without author credit.

That plus the bottled up anti-Aatrek sentiment that came gushing out as soon as he was gone.

I think everything on that site is published without author credit. I can't find any credits on any of the articles. Unless Aatrek wrote all of them.

• Locked thread