Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Goddamn, Imperial Administration gives you a +25 vassal limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Fuligin posted:

The new tribal mechanics are fun. I united all of Scandinavia within less than five years starting as Svipjod, which is kind of crazy (in the 700 start).

Where did you get the money to do so?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

beefart posted:

Anyone else having an issue with the "Reign for 10 years" requirement for changing succession laws? I just got completely shut out of changing any kingdom succession laws after forming Francia and the HRE. Plus it's telling me that I was crowned king of West Francia in 814. It's 799 and I'm Charlemagne :what:.

Reign for 10 years applies to your highest title. If you create a kingdom title as a duchy you have to wait another 10 years to change the kingdom laws.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I tried using the ruler designer thing last night for the first time but clicking on the button on the saved games screen did nothing. do I need to be in game or something?

also didn't get an answer to my question about the most efficient way to gobble up land from england. I've been inviting people with duchy claims to my court but I'm not sure about the best way to land them. kick someone out of a barony to give them?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
What the gently caress? I have both Charlemagne and Rajas of India but neither of them show up in the launcher and when I start the game it suggests that I buy them both even though I already own them.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
What the gently caress... both show up for me, I can select them in my DLC list just fine and steam even tells me I own them. It's just that I never bought any DLC beyond some bundle around the time the nordic religion/cultures were released and now steam tells me I own everything but the e-book. :psyduck:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

SkySteak posted:

Goddamn, Imperial Administration gives you a +25 vassal limit.

Yeah, that seems really powerful.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

beefart posted:

Anyone else having an issue with the "Reign for 10 years" requirement for changing succession laws? I just got completely shut out of changing any kingdom succession laws after forming Francia and the HRE. Plus it's telling me that I was crowned king of West Francia in 814. It's 799 and I'm Charlemagne :what:.

I had it happen where I was positive I should be able to change crown laws but was unable to for this reason. Restarting the game (or maybe just reloading?) fixed it.

Any word on when/if they ever plan on fixing the thing where the game doesn't remember which electors voted for who? poo poo is annoying.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Fair warning about Elective Gavelkind: not only will it split your titles up, it will also create titles that you CAN create but HAVEN'T to divide your lands up more evenly.

So if your only King title is Norway but you also rule over Sweden, bad news if you die, all of a sudden, hey, Sweden exists too.

I agree with Strudel that it should probably have been this way already, but :golfclap: to Paradox for its continuing commitment to outsmarting the playerbase at every turn.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

TheMcD posted:

So how's this new observer mode poo poo work? I couldn't see an option to select it in the main menu, which I thought would be there now, and I can't see any new options when I switched to it via console.

Adding on to this, it seems like Paradox changed literally nothing about observer mode. Hovering over the new "call all tribal vassals to war" button while in observer mode just crashes the game.

EDIT: Also, why the gently caress does the Teutonic Order hold Bornholm in 835? Why do they even exist?

EDIT AGAIN: Well, it seems that crusades have already kicked off - and they must have done so somewhere around 800, I presume. Wow.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 14, 2014

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Vichan posted:

Where did you get the money to do so?

Didn't need it. I took the Swedish king ambition to swiftly subjugate all the nearby Swedish dejure vassals, then used my once in a lifetime pagan subjugation on Sjaelland. Then I used "Form Kingdom" since it doesn't need cash, only duchies/prestige. After that I had enough power that all the Norwegian chiefs accepted vassalization without war. The only problem is that in the three games I've run so far the Saxons have conquered a remote northern Norwegian county every time, which means that Karl ends up with a random rear end province in the arctic circle that cramps my style/pretty borders.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ray and Shirley posted:

Poor playtesting?

It had started doing this before the patch.

Cumania has now just turned catholic as well. The holdouts are now Zoroastrians, Germanics, and the Indian religions. But soon, those other two... they will all fall in line against the teachings of Zoroaster. :tinfoil:

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Lord Tywin posted:

What the gently caress? I have both Charlemagne and Rajas of India but neither of them show up in the launcher and when I start the game it suggests that I buy them both even though I already own them.

Try verifying the game cache, I had a similar thing happen and doing that made it realise it needed to download something to unlock the DLC

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
How does the early clothing DLC work; is it added to the pool or is it only available at the earlier start dates?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Starting as a Germanic Pagan in Ireland just got easier.
15 years in, I'm 3 counties away from controlling De Jure Ireland.

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!
Is it just me or do the Mediterranean portraits look somehow worse now. Half of them have droopy eyes that makes them look slightly cretinous. I don't remember it being this bad before.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hellequin posted:

Is it just me or do the Mediterranean portraits look somehow worse now. Half of them have droopy eyes that makes them look slightly cretinous. I don't remember it being this bad before.

Nah, they've always been deformed monstrosities. Some just look worse than others.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
So apparently there is a cumulative malus for handing out viceroys?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Wasn't this patch supposed to make empires harder to support? Because I'm watching a game unfold right now, and holy poo poo. This is in 879.

Hispania formed, which to my recollection is never a good thing, but the Karlings are bringing down the holy fury on the Muslims there in a battle of who can blob over the other, Sweden is slowly but surely uniting Scandinavia, and Jesus loving Christ look at those Abassids.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

TheMcD posted:

Wasn't this patch supposed to make empires harder to support? Because I'm watching a game unfold right now, and holy poo poo. This is in 879.

Hispania formed, which to my recollection is never a good thing, but the Karlings are bringing down the holy fury on the Muslims there in a battle of who can blob over the other, Sweden is slowly but surely uniting Scandinavia, and Jesus loving Christ look at those Abassids.

:getin:

Incidentally, who are you on that map?

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Are there any events for the Saxon rulers with regards to Charlemagnes war against them?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Thanks to the name changes in the patch, I am now playing as King Brian II of Mumu.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

ninjahedgehog posted:

:getin:

Incidentally, who are you on that map?

Nobody. I'm just observing to witness the launch day madness. I did the same thing with The Old Gods, and it ended with the world being split up between Muslim Spain, Norse Scandinavia, Muslim Mongols and Fraticelli Venice. It was bonkers.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
The Abbasids are the enemy of all that is good, but especially the Afghan sun-pagans.

My diplomat is living in Damascus, and every other time the Caliph keels over the new guy grabs a couple provinces from me.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Praise the :sun:! And pray it gives the Abbasids skin cancer.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Default levies for each county capitol seem to be quite a bit higher. Right off the bat I can raise 1,750 troops from my home province.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Eric the Mauve posted:

So is the option to play yesterday's version there in the Steam Beta options? I won't be able to play until I get home tonight, but it would be comforting to know that it is.

Just got home and checked and no, it is not. The most recent version available is all the way back at 2.0.4. :sigh:

Guess I'll be waiting a month or two to play the game again. Thanks, Paradox!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Strudel Man posted:

That actually should have been in to start with. So, good, I guess.

Yeah, that really should be added to regular Gavelkind as well to make it harder to exploit.

e; Also Zunism is the greatest faith

Kainser fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 14, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Y'know, now that there's a Manx duchy, and decisions to make kingdoms out of duchies and empires out of kingdoms, I think Paradox have missed a trick by not including a "Become Emperor of Mann" achievement.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

Fuligin posted:

Didn't need it. I took the Swedish king ambition to swiftly subjugate all the nearby Swedish dejure vassals, then used my once in a lifetime pagan subjugation on Sjaelland. Then I used "Form Kingdom" since it doesn't need cash, only duchies/prestige. After that I had enough power that all the Norwegian chiefs accepted vassalization without war. The only problem is that in the three games I've run so far the Saxons have conquered a remote northern Norwegian county every time, which means that Karl ends up with a random rear end province in the arctic circle that cramps my style/pretty borders.

It does need cash. Just about 1/10th the amount. I managed to do it with ransoms... but I'm actually not sure where the hell my income is supposed to be coming in from. My income is negative, my tribal vassals are even worse, there are no cities or temples to cream from, and the tax revenue increasing buildings cost a stack of gold I don't have, and give a really tiny increase. I tried raiding, but all the provinces surrounding me gave payouts less than I was losing. So I'm just confused. I've got a titular kingdom covering almost all of Scandinavia but I'm bankrupt, and I can't think of a way out.

Tevye317
Feb 16, 2012
So I remembered from yesterdays stream that legalism 4 and 8 give the viceroyalties. Thing is when I was playing a duke these two tech levels were completely blank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So far the worst bug for me is that the Mediterranean Portraits wont turn off. :barf:

I don't even have the DLC installed!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

McGavin posted:

So far the worst bug for me is that the Mediterranean Portraits wont turn off. :barf:

I don't even have the DLC installed!

Its the worst selling portrait DLC so they are giving it away for freeeeee!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I fixed it by deleting portraits_mediterranean.gfx in the interface folder in the CK2 directory. Unchecking the DLC button in the launcher and uninstalling the DLC in Steam weren't enough to stop it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm playing as Charlemagne. I declared war on Bavaria on day 1 to put a Karling on the throne and called Carloman into the war. On day 2 I got a railroad popup saying we're bitter rivals with -100 relations. Carloman accepted my call a few days later and is kicking Bavaria's rear end with me.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I played for a while as Charlamagne and when I got to declaring on Lombardy I took a bonk on the head and ended up incapacitated. Karl The Great (Cripple), a story paved over by history and turned into a conspiracy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Its the worst selling portrait DLC so they are giving it away for freeeeee!

Actually, it's apparently included in the new Early Eastern Clothing DLC for freeeeee! :barf:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

McGavin posted:

Actually, it's apparently included in the new Early Eastern Clothing DLC for freeeeee! :barf:

:froggonk: this should be put in the thread title, op, and probably broadcast on the nightly news because :frogsiren: that poo poo can :frogout:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Just wait for the Mediterranean portrait fix mod to update and you'll be good as gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

So, what's the scoop on all this story and dynasty stuff they've been going on about? I've been playing for a bit and haven't really seen much of anything new as regards that.

• Locked thread