Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I'm more upset that I thought I'd eliminated all the poo poo from my life.

And my sister found one of my married friends on Tinder.

So wait, are you mad at your sister for playing on Tinder, or your married friend for being on Tinder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Nothing like a 12 hour day and slamming back beer with wings. Yes I know its only BWW but god drat, life is pretty good right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

So wait, are you mad at your sister for playing on Tinder, or your married friend for being on Tinder?

The married friend. My sister can pursue whomever she wants. I just wont allow any of my so called friends to attempt to bang her.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

And my sister found one of my married friends on Tinder.

I've found a few married friends on Tinder and other dating sites. Usually they claim it's only for a self confidence boost or some poo poo but it bugs the poo poo out of me. I'm all for fooling around and stuff but if you're married grow the gently caress up and have some respect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've found a few married friends on Tinder and other dating sites. Usually they claim it's only for a self confidence boost or some poo poo but it bugs the poo poo out of me. I'm all for fooling around and stuff but if you're married grow the gently caress up and have some respect.

I agree 100%. She's going to screencap it for me and I'm going to send it to him and warn him to knock it the gently caress off or I tell his wife.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I agree 100%. She's going to screencap it for me and I'm going to send it to him and warn him to knock it the gently caress off or I tell his wife.

Nope. Stay out of it, none of your business. No matter how long you've known him or how good of friends you are with him, don't take sides (unless one is a meth trafficking child molester son or daughter of Satan, then all gloves are off).

You may think you are doing the right thing, and in actuality you are, but that is the sort of thing that can kill a relationship with one or both.

The very best course of action is to do nothing and let nature take its course. She'll find out, they always do. And if one asks if you know or knew? Feign ignorance.

There is no good that can come from it.

====================

e: on a different note, all this Ebola and enterovirus crap makes me want to sell everything I own and move the family out west away from anything and everything.

Tide fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 15, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tide posted:

Nope. Stay out of it, none of your business. No matter how long you've known him or how good of friends you are with him, don't take sides (unless one is a meth trafficking child molester son or daughter of Satan, then all gloves are off).

You may think you are doing the right thing, and in actuality you are, but that is the sort of thing that can kill a relationship with one or both.

The very best course of action is to do nothing and let nature take its course. She'll find out, they always do. And if one asks if you know or knew? Feign ignorance.

There is no good that can come from it.

Nah, not letting them know seems even more hosed up.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, not letting them know seems even more hosed up.

On the surface, yeah it is.

Here the thing:
If he tells his friend, his friend may/will automatically go on the defensive and say mind your own business. Friend is now pissed. If he tells the dudes the wife, his friend will definitely be pissed because he will have shown his loyalty to dudes wife rather than him. If he tells the dudes wife and even if they reconcile the marriage, he'll still be pissed. If he doesn't say anything and friend gets caught (which he will), but it comes out he knew, the wife gets pissed. Then along with that scenario, if they reconcile, she becomes a roadblock to her and his friends relationship.

There are some things you don't get involved with, and another couples marriage is one of them. It will sort itself out in short order.

Look at it this way: hypothetically, you're married and messing around on your wife. Your buddy, who you've known however long, shows your tindr picture to your wife (whether he gave you the chance to knock it off is irrelevant). Are you really going to be happy he showed her?

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 15, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Rhyno, am I allowed to make a pass at your sisters if I marry one?

(Jesus christ, calm down. I'm kidding. No more extreme long distance, ever.)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I just stay the gently caress out of peoples lives and relationships. I have enough of my own bullshit to deal with I don't need to be meddling. I mean its lovely but I'm sure there's other things involved.

Unless there was physical abuse involved... Then it might be time to get involved.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Tide posted:

On the surface, yeah it is.

Here the thing:
If he tells his friend, his friend may/will automatically go on the defensive and say mind your own business. Friend is now pissed. If he tells the dudes the wife, his friend will definitely be pissed because he will have shown his loyalty to dudes wife rather than him. If he tells the dudes wife and even if they reconcile the marriage, he'll still be pissed. If he doesn't say anything and friend gets caught (which he will), but it comes out he knew, the wife gets pissed. Then along with that scenario, if they reconcile, she becomes a roadblock to her and his friends relationship.

There are some things you don't get involved with, and another couples marriage is one of them. It will sort itself out in short order.

Look at it this way: hypothetically, you're married and messing around on your wife. Your buddy, who you've known however long, shows your tindr picture to your wife (whether he gave you the chance to knock it off is irrelevant). Are you really going to be happy he showed her?

Besides, she may already know, and how awkward is it going to be if you discover they're looking for a threesome?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Yeah, unless you are trying to gently caress your sister and he is messing up your game, then you have no reason to care. Hell, maybe you could try to get a 3-way going or something...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iForge posted:

Yeah, unless you are trying to gently caress your sister and he is messing up your game, then you have no reason to care. Hell, maybe you could try to get a 3-way going or something...

No reason to care about a douchebag trying to bang my sister? Are you serious?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

No reason to care about a douchebag trying to bang my sister? Are you serious?

Apparently until pretty recently, he was someone you trusted and confided in... a friend, at some level. Is he now a douchebag solely because he flirted with your sister? I've had plenty of people ranging from my best friend to some acquaintances tell me my sister was hot, and a couple even flirted with her. That's her business, and she laughed off the dumbasses who tried to get a date out of her. She's actually going out with a work acquaintance of mine who asked me for her number one time - I told him he was welcome to ask her himself, which he finally did. I thought he was an idiot for asking me, and I give him plenty of poo poo as her older brother but he's not an rear end in a top hat solely for finding my sis attractive :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Apparently until pretty recently, he was someone you trusted and confided in... a friend, at some level. Is he now a douchebag solely because he flirted with your sister? I've had plenty of people ranging from my best friend to some acquaintances tell me my sister was hot, and a couple even flirted with her. That's her business, and she laughed off the dumbasses who tried to get a date out of her. She's actually going out with a work acquaintance of mine who asked me for her number one time - I told him he was welcome to ask her himself, which he finally did. I thought he was an idiot for asking me, and I give him plenty of poo poo as her older brother but he's not an rear end in a top hat solely for finding my sis attractive :)

I guess more details are needed. He has a girlfriend whom he lives with and is father to her two children from a previous marriage. We just found out he's been cheating on her for the duration of their relationship.

I recently made it well known to everyone I was friends with on Facebook at the time (like 900 people at the time) that my newly single and very depressed sister was off limits because over a dozen guys messaged me expecting me to hook them up. The d-bag in question was one of the first people to like the "NO TOUCH SISTER" post and commended me on standing up and protecting her.

So yeah, he's a cheating douchebag who swore he'd never try to make a move on her and is doing exactly the opposite.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I guess more details are needed. He has a girlfriend whom he lives with and is father to her two children from a previous marriage. We just found out he's been cheating on her for the duration of their relationship.

I recently made it well known to everyone I was friends with on Facebook at the time (like 900 people at the time) that my newly single and very depressed sister was off limits because over a dozen guys messaged me expecting me to hook them up. The d-bag in question was one of the first people to like the "NO TOUCH SISTER" post and commended me on standing up and protecting her.

So yeah, he's a cheating douchebag who swore he'd never try to make a move on her and is doing exactly the opposite.

Welp, nevermind. gently caress cheaters, sever with all your friends, etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Welp, nevermind. gently caress cheaters, sever with all your friends, etc.

Sorry for the lack of initial detail, I've been venting about it all day.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Indiana still a poo poo-hole largely full of trash people, news at 11.

Sorry, Rhyno :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Liquid Communism posted:

Besides, she may already know, and how awkward is it going to be if you discover they're looking for a threesome?

I found one of my married friends on tinder. My first thought was, "OH NO HE DIDN'T" but my second thought was along those lines, so I swiped right.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

OK first of all there's a huge difference between swearing an oath to someone and liking a Facebook post. Not defending that guy's actions, but my point still stands.

Second, and I might be a bit off-base with this observation, but by getting yourself involved in this sort of poo poo, you are becoming exactly the kind of person you claim to loathe. Think back to previous episodes when your friends tried to meddle in your life/relationships...didn't like it too much, did you? The same applies in the opposite direction. To repeat the sentiment many others have expressed, unless this relationship is abusive in any way, keep your nose out of their business.

Finally, it really does sound like you need to seriously reevaluate your view of relationships. If you judge your worth by how many friends you have rather than the quality of friends you have, you are doomed to keep repeating this sort of petty, adolescent drama over and over again, no matter how old you get or how physically far away from it you get. Yeah the prospect of having only half a dozen to a dozen real friends might sound scary, but believe me, you will be better for it...just whatever you do, don't set up the proverbial dart board and pick people who will be your new close friends and who won't be. This stuff happens naturally.

Also, it might be time to go full retard and completely delete your Facebook account.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn, never check out of a hospital during a shift change.

So went through the paperwork. They had several of my meds wrong (wrong dosages, 1 wrong med entirely), which could have contributed to the shakiness. Still trying to figure how they did that, I brought all of my meds with me.

Then seemed shocked when I asked for a note to give my employer. Since I'm on benzos and drive for a living, they gave me a week out. Which is gonna put me 3 weeks behind on bills. Thankfully some family has stepped up and offered to pay the most important ones. :glomp:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My sister has been very vocally in agreement with me about not wanting my friends trying to roll up on her. And the fact that a good dozen guys have tried to get me to hook them up with her pulls me in no matter what.

And where did I judge my own worth by my number of friends?

Also this poo poo would be happening with or without Facebook.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

some texas redneck posted:

Goddamn, never check out of a hospital during a shift change.

So went through the paperwork. They had several of my meds wrong (wrong dosages, 1 wrong med entirely), which could have contributed to the shakiness. Still trying to figure how they did that, I brought all of my meds with me.

Then seemed shocked when I asked for a note to give my employer. Since I'm on benzos and drive for a living, they gave me a week out. Which is gonna put me 3 weeks behind on bills. Thankfully some family has stepped up and offered to pay the most important ones. :glomp:

No short term disibility? That sucks buttermilk. :smith:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

goatse guy posted:

I found one of my married friends on tinder. My first thought was, "OH NO HE DIDN'T" but my second thought was along those lines, so I swiped right.

There has been a definite decrease in the posting of your failednailed conversations.

If I was in a relationship and being cuckolded and a good acquaintance knew I would want them to tell me.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I can count the number of close friends on one hand with a finger or two left over. The rest of my rather small social circle is simply acquaintances from my kids school, work, husbands of my wife's friends, or flying club I recently joined.

I've never been one to develop those deep relationships or keep friends for very long. Doesn't help that once I feel like I'm not getting what I put into the relationship, I can walk away from it without a second thought and you basically cease to exist. That said, it used to be a source of angst or worry that i didn't out hadn't formed close friendships with anyone but i eventually just accepted that i had been somewhat of a loner my while life and it honestly didn't bother me.

My Facebook has 90 percent family on it. I used to get friend requests from people I went to school with, but I figure if we haven't spoken in 15 plus years, there's probably a reason for that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

October Chat Thread: Don't Bang My Sister

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 211 days!)

I think the dent is pissed at me. I've known that the driver side rollers needed replacing for about two weeks, now. I was going to do that this weekend. Have to drive into town to take $(RELATIVE) to urgent care due to shortness of breath, dizziness, and chest pains. Rolled windows down - THUNK - passenger front sharkfins. Swell.

Cut to later, replace rollers in passenger front, goes fine, opt to do driver side since it needs done - yep, one is literally off track and the one still holding is cracked. But, thats not all! The PO's whatever-the-gently caress who did the job the last time literally tore the drat noise dampening in parts, didn't bother putting it back in place, and couldn't realign the window with the rubber slide, so tey tore it off and threw it under the regulator. :shepicide:

So, I get that done, give it a couple test rolls, put everything back together- and then it pops off track. Goddammit. Only brought 4 rollers, and they popped out of the track, not off the pegs. Not gonna reuse those. Had a bitch of a time removing the one. Run home, grab two new ones, tamp in the drat part that dumbass of the past tossed to the side, and finally get it aligned 100%. Total time spent for two windows? About two hours. I didn't even have a chance to do the regulator on the passenger rear window yet. :v:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

My sister has been very vocally in agreement with me about not wanting my friends trying to roll up on her. And the fact that a good dozen guys have tried to get me to hook them up with her pulls me in no matter what.

And where did I judge my own worth by my number of friends?

Also this poo poo would be happening with or without Facebook.

Well if your sister is capable of telling you she's not interested in any of your "friends", she's perfectly capable of standing up for herself. I understand she's family and all but at the same time thinking you need to intervene on her behalf is pretty patronising. Having said that, anyone who asked you for an in with your sister is not worth even an iota of consideration in your life. First of all because they don't have the balls to ask your sister for themselves and second of all what the gently caress are they even thinking...asking something like that is just hosed up and creepy even at the best of times.

As for judging worth based on the number of friends (real or Facebook) a person has, I've always held the belief like anyone who brags about their bank statment, anyone who even mentions how many friends that have on Facebook isn't really worth associating with, so take that for what it's worth. It is an utterly meaningless number that serve no other purpose other than to fuel one's own egotism.

Finall, regarding Facebook; yeah the drama might still happen if you're not on it, but A) it will be a whole lot less than what you are expeiencing now and B) it will be a lot easier to ignore. Considering the sheer number of jackasses that seem to be in your life for no other purpose than to cause you grief, I would consider that a win. Since it is clear that these people aren't going to change for the better, it is entirely up to you to remould your life to the way you want it. You're a smart guy Rhyno, don't sell yourself short.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 15, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

Well if your sister is capable of telling you she's not interested in any of your "friends", she's perfectly capable of standing up for herself. I understand she's family and all but at the same time thinking you need to intervene on her behalf is pretty patronising. Having said that, anyone who asked you for an in with your sister is not worth even an iota of consideration in your life. First of all because they don't have the balls to ask your sister for themselves and second of all what the gently caress are they even thinking...asking something like that is just hosed up and creepy even at the best of times.

As for judging worth based on the number of friends (real or Facebook) a person has, I've always held the belief like anyone who brags about their bank statment, anyone who even mentions how many friends that have on Facebook isn't really worth associating with, so take that for what it's worth. It is an utterly meaningless number that serve no other purpose other than to fuel one's own egotism.

Finall, regarding Facebook; yeah the drama might still happen if you're not on it, but A) it will be a whole lot less than what you are expeiencing now and B) it will be a lot easier to ignore. Considering the sheer number of jackasses that seem to be in your life for no other purpose than to cause you grief, I would consider that a win. Since it is clear that these people aren't going to change for the better, it is entirely up to you to remould your life to the way you want it. You're a smart guy Rhyno, don't sell yourself short.

Is it worth mentioning that I halved the number of people on my list since then? I get what you're saying, I only dropped the number to make the point that I made it well known. I just kept popping up on my radar and it was seriously getting on my nerves.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 211 days!)

Rhyno posted:

Is it worth mentioning that I halved the number of people on my list since then? I get what you're saying, I only dropped the number to make the point that I made it well known. I just kept popping up on my radar and it was seriously getting on my nerves.

Goons are still fair game for sister bemusement, right?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Somewhat Heroic posted:

There has been a definite decrease in the posting of your failednailed conversations.

I'm taking another break from tinder while I work through my urges to adopt forty cats.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Whoa whoa whoa, seems nobody here's got the balls to ask the really important questions.

How hot is your sister?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, seems nobody here's got the balls to ask the really important questions.

How hot is your sister?

I guess hot enough to twist some dude's panties into knots.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

I guess hot enough to twist some dude's panties into knots.

Yours, apparently.

Is your sister an adult? If the answer is yes then it's none of your drat business either way and she can handle her own poo poo. If posting on Facebook is your version of letting something be known, then you have much larger problems. And at some point when poo poo continues to happen, despite omgdefriending people on Facebook and not talking to them, the only common denominator becomes you.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno we all love you but based on all the drama in your life I'd say half of it is from your poo poo friends and the rest of it is from you blowing it out of proportion or getting involved in something that you could have not gotten involved in.

I don't want to call you a drama queen because typically you get involved with the best intentions, but bloody hell man your life is as dramatic as Gone with the Wind.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Tusen Takk posted:

I don't want to call you a drama queen because typically you get involved with the best intentions, but bloody hell man your life is as dramatic as Gone with the Wind.

Kid, You're alright.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

Rhyno we all love you but based on all the drama in your life I'd say half of it is from your poo poo friends and the rest of it is from you blowing it out of proportion or getting involved in something that you could have not gotten involved in.

I just want to sit at home, play video games, eat stir fry and hang out with my lady. I don't even go out anymore. The entire month I was absent from here and FB I went out exactly one time and that was for her birthday. I don't even make an effort to see these people and I still can't escape. This is why I'm so gung-ho to move to Cleveland next year. And my sister is trying to get her poo poo together to move to Portland with our older sister just so we can all break free of this.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
October chat thread: I just want to sit at home, play video games, eat stir fry and hang out with my lady

Amen. But I'd probably throw some car poo poo in there too :)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tusen Takk posted:

words

cursedshitbox posted:

Kid, You're alright.

This is not the AI I have known.

(j/k TT, you make a good point.)

Rhyno, I've got twin younger sisters, and for years I had to put up with friends/classmates asking "Are they hot? Can I ask them out lol?". For years I got all pissed at them talking about my sisters that way, until I realized: Nothing I said or did really changed anything for better or worse. Once I started just replying with "You wanna date them? Ask them yourself", things pretty much started sorting themselves out with zero stress on my end. They, like your sister, are grown rear end women, and they can handle themselves just fine; ask any woman, they probably get hit on by just about every male they encounter at one point or another, they're used to it.

Plus, what's better, causing friction with your friends by trying to dictate their interaction with a third party (which may or may not work), or letting them crash and burn on their own and then laughing in their face about it as you share a beer later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mat_Drinks posted:

October chat thread: I just want to sit at home, play video games, eat stir fry and hang out with my lady

Amen. But I'd probably throw some car poo poo in there too :)

Not unless car stuff is free cuz only things I want to spend money on right now are Chinese, Thai, or spicy tuna sushi rolls. And apple products and a few other things I guess

I'd like to spend money on cars I guess but lately I dont really care about them and money has been wicked tight. Maybe when I have a nicer car and more disposable income I'll be excited about ordering parts again :(

• Locked thread