Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Calling Twisty having a simulated ripped-off jaw, like having his tongue dangling out and like a yellow gnarly top row of teeth~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Well, the obvious answer is that the mask is what his mouth really looks like, with the lips and cheeks torn off to expose the teeth and gums. I think Murphy even said it was based in part on urban legend, which makes me think of the glasgow smile, Black Dahlia, etc. (even though they already covered Dahlia in season one.)

There's actually a Japanese urban legend about the "slit-mouthed woman" who appears at night wearing a surgical mask, asking people if they think she's pretty. If they reply no, they get stabbed with scissors, but if they reply yes, she removes the mask to reveal her mouth is ripped ear to ear (at which point she asks again, and saying yes leads to her carving your face in a similar manner.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I have a feeling that Dot (grumpy, good singer twin) is gonna get killed by her twin. She's tripping all over those death flags.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I have a feeling that Dot (grumpy, good singer twin) is gonna get killed by her twin. She's tripping all over those death flags.

Or one's going to try to escape the body.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tonight on American Horror Story: "Massacres and Matinees"

A citywide curfew threatens to shut down the freak show; a strongman from Ethel's troubled past arrives at camp; Gloria arranges a terrifying play date for Dandy; the Tattler Twins reveal a talent that could knock Elsa out of the spotlight.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Set in jupiter florida lol not a single scene I saw was remotely close to jupiter.

Don't insult my home town TV fuckers

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Twisty has to have something wrong with his face since he didn't seem to be able to talk or even make noise.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Power of Pecota posted:

Calling Twisty having a simulated ripped-off jaw, like having his tongue dangling out and like a yellow gnarly top row of teeth~

Baron Ünderbite's alter ego?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Set in jupiter florida lol not a single scene I saw was remotely close to jupiter.

I wonder if it's supposed to be Gibsonton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibsonton,_Florida, home of the "real" Lobster Boy?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I'm assuming there's a good reason they set it in a town that actually exists instead of just making one up? Looking at the Wiki page for Jupiter there doesn't seem to be anything remarkable about it.

It's not like people outside of that area associate Jupiter with any sort of aesthetic or culture (like setting something like Coven in NOLA would).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

fullroundaction posted:

I'm assuming there's a good reason they set it in a town that actually exists instead of just making one up? Looking at the Wiki page for Jupiter there doesn't seem to be anything remarkable about it.

It's not like people outside of that area associate Jupiter with any sort of aesthetic or culture (like setting something like Coven in NOLA would).

Why are you calling AAA Dolphin unremarkable?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have to drive through Gibsonton sometimes for work. I would say its pretty accurate!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Let me tell you about Santa Barbara and a little show called Psych.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I wonder if that's like seeing your hometown used constantly in movies, but never actually as your hometown? Mine gets featured every once in a while, but always as some fake town said to be miles away from where it actually is, even in other states. It's a pretty cute little New Mexican town, so I guess it gets to represent the entire Southwest.

But I guess that must just be how people in Toronto and Southern California feel literally every time they view media, so I'm not complaining or anything. I just think it's interesting.

Also, it's time!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no, Twisty got a cop!

Oh wait, the cop from last week.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no, Twisty got a cop!

Oh wait, the cop from last week.

I wouldn't put that past Twisty for the future though :gonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OH NO A TOY ROBOT

Edit: Oh wait gently caress poo poo seriously

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Oh no, not the toy store!

Edit: AAAAAHHHH

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamnit that clown is so freaky.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh that is some Hanna Barbera poo poo right there

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Worst employee ever.

katium
Jun 26, 2006

Purrs like a kitten.
Murder in a toy store, by a clown, with music that sounds like it came from a child's music box. You have my attention, episode.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I really hope they do some continuity with Pepper from asylum being park of the freak show.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I have to say I didn't like the toy store scene. It was impossibly contrived and Twisty didn't even get to do any clown stuff. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GOOBLE GOBBLE
GOOBLE GOBBLE

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
"Sorry I Goobled everybody's Gobble."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And now we're in the "poo poo, they're gonna find where we buried the body" phase of murdering a cop.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
"I hate that word." delivered without any acting there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Were just regular people! Yea, we drug women and gang rape them like everyone else!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That guy's hair is bothering the gently caress out of me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, hello manchild. Fancy seeing you here.

Edit: Ah, gently caress, he's got an actual bottle of cognac. This guy is one of the freakiest parts of the show.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
Patty Labelle! YAY!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alcohol in a baby bottle? What in the gently caress hahaha

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Patty LeBelle ladies and gentlemen.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CannedMacabre posted:

Patty LeBelle ladies and gentlemen.

"White boys"

Also, wow. "I'm going St. Petersburg where there's real caramel corn."

e: His loving hair

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, so this guy is like a budding serial killer.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Ok so my prior expectations of continued "innocence but hosed up" is right. But it's creepy poo poo. Mr. dandy. Drinking booze out of a bottle.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, so this guy is like a budding serial killer.

"budding"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

....Gotye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Rich kid is Twisty!

• Locked thread