Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gortarius posted:

I think I'm gonna add in Tower of Hanoi sort of thing in here somewhere.

Also, do you recall those block puzzles in SMT Nocturne? I really liked those, mostly because it had a catchy tune in the background.

That catchy tune was great. The block puzzle not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Gortarius posted:

Also, do you recall those block puzzles in SMT Nocturne? I really liked those, mostly because it had a catchy tune in the background.

there should be a steam workshop supported block puzzles minigame where you can solve all the epic block puzzles the community makes.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

That catchy tune was great. The block puzzle not so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvN4QReOV-Q
:krad:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gortarius posted:

There's a reason that I've always loved the Zork Zero Hanoi Puzzle:

:suicide:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Tower of Hanoi, except you're allowed to stack big things on small things. ie. the whole point of the puzzle is removed.

Call it zero-g hanoi or something.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I am expect a Lufia 2-esque number of puzzles in Queklain no Vengeant's dungeons, Mr. Boyardee. Make it happen!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The tower of hanoi better feature QTEs, a QTE for every movement... it also has to be entirely text based.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hopefully tomorrow when our producer comes online, he'll notice the sword dueling demo I made and approve it into the game.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Is it like the sword dueling mode in NES Robin Hood? That was great.

In fact now that I think about it, it was kind of like...Nidhogg? Maybe, my memory is fuzzy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cicero posted:

Is it like the sword dueling mode in NES Robin Hood? That was great.

In fact now that I think about it, it was kind of like...Nidhogg? Maybe, my memory is fuzzy.
I hope it's like the sword dueling mode in NES Hook.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I hope its like Kirby super star.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope it's like Sid Meier's duel system in Sword of the Samurai.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Nessus posted:

I hope it's like the sword dueling mode in NES Hook.

I'm skimming through a longplay to find this but nothing. Just Peter Pan flying through popcorn or some poo poo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Gortarius posted:

I'm skimming through a longplay to find this but nothing. Just Peter Pan flying through popcorn or some poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7A5i2kASjQ This is a ToG-quality view of the scene in question

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Nessus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7A5i2kASjQ This is a ToG-quality view of the scene in question

Whoa... that is some intense battlering. Rufio got dunked.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I periodically forget that the movie Hook is even real. And the fact that there was a video game based on it just makes it seem less real.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I periodically forget that the movie Hook is even real. And the fact that there was a video game based on it just makes it seem less real.

Game's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpo2bUZY8Y

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Chas McGill posted:

I hope it's like Sid Meier's duel system in Sword of the Samurai.

I hope it's like the duel system in the NES Pirates!, complete with the ability to defeat a fort with ten times as many men as you have if you repeatedly stab the commander really really fast, and the ability to block a cutlass with your face hundreds of times if you have lots of dudes to make you too brave to die.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Angry Diplomat posted:

I hope it's like the duel system in the NES Pirates!, complete with the ability to defeat a fort with ten times as many men as you have if you repeatedly stab the commander really really fast, and the ability to block a cutlass with your face hundreds of times if you have lots of dudes to make you too brave to die.

Pirates dueling is a very close comparison right now, BUT I want to add in some zaubers and such to spice it up a notch. I'll make some vid of it maybe once its more complete.

Other than that, been on some mapping duty, I still haven't made any tower of hanoi shite, but there are slider puzzles up the wazoo. Well actually there is just two.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Just gonna leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGvCuikMZQ

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Extremely false blessing mercyfoot.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
One thing that I really loved about Barkley SUAJG was that there were so many game mechanics that got built up and then only used one time, like the MONSTERQUEST ACCEPTED! Thing.

I'm really looking forward to your guy's take on contemporary gaming trends and fads.

Any chance that you'll scrap the entire game and replace it with a microtransaction heavy MOBA centering on the residents of Cesspool X?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm really looking forward to your guy's take on contemporary gaming trends and fads.

Barkley 2 is expressly Not For Trend.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

circ dick soleil posted:

Barkley 2 is expressly Not For Trend.

gently caress. I'm just gonna go play some Spiderman Games.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Dota is canon.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I bet that there's at least one or two guys at both DOTA2 and LOL secretly hoping that Barkley makes a big reference to them, if only for completely pragmatic reasons.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Once Barkley 2 is released all vicdons are Barkley 2.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Working on a boss concept. Got a hangout in the morning. Gonna present it to the extremely strict and corporate ToG overlords. Wish me luck.....

I always feel obliged to at least try and make any posts in here interesting so uh.....................

Haven't touched that hanoi poo poo yet, I am on mapping duty. Been detailing some maps. Should prob make one of those speed drawing type of vids of making a map from nothing to fully detailed. Might be interesting? Probably isn't.

Had a few test runs a few days back, checked out what other people had put in. Eventually I came across this event where there is this sort of monologue you can make and choosing to go with the maverick option resulted in some really funny poo poo. I laughed. I dunno, I guess its kinda poo poo trying to describe something and at the same time being super vague so you don't spoil anything. You'll just have to take my word on it... it was very funny...............................

Also I've now made it into a habit of copy pasting super awful youtube comments I sometimes come across and then at some point migrate them into DwarfNET or somewhere else in B2. The good thing about them is that they are usually so bad that you can put them anywhere and they'll fit in because they are complete nonsense.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Please add in flush-able toilets.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Gortarius posted:

Haven't touched that hanoi poo poo yet, I am on mapping duty. Been detailing some maps. Should prob make one of those speed drawing type of vids of making a map from nothing to fully detailed. Might be interesting? Probably isn't.

Yes please. FSS has been doing that for maps and pixels and it is good.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

The Skeep posted:

Please add in flush-able toilets.

I really do hate it when games don't have toilets or outhouses anywhere. It's just not normal. Of course then there's Fallout which has plenty of toilets, but all you can do is drink out of them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I really do hate it when games don't have toilets or outhouses anywhere. It's just not normal. Of course then there's Fallout which has plenty of toilets, but all you can do is drink out of them.

Majora's mask had the perfect amount of toilets and one of the best things to do with one.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please allow peeing to recover health, like DUKE NUKEM

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Please allow peeing to recover health, like DUKE NUKEM
A minigame where XJAM has to capture a cup full of the stream and then test it for glucose.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
There's a guy taking a piss in one of the videos.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
When's this abortion due my bball juices are critically low levels

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Malcolm XML posted:

When's this abortion due my bball juices are critically low levels

The rumour has it that its sometime early 2015.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Are there any plans to implement level descriptors like in Elite where you start as like "locker slam dweeb" and end up being TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEAD?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

Are there any plans to implement level descriptors like in Elite where you start as like "locker slam dweeb" and end up being TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEAD?

Check this out and decide for yourself:

EDIT:

In other news, this is a video that I go and watch every so often to get inspired. No one cares but I just wanted to put it out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWN48V0Oac

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How exactly do party members work in B2?