Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

Stephanie Allyne is really on fire. She was fantastic on the PFT I4H episode, especially the Lil Nate my little pony scene, which is one of my favorite scenes of all time. She's really great on this show too.

This got me to go back and listen to that episode, and my God, the Pony sketch. The moment that PFT realizes he has taken his character into ridiculously dark territory is just fantastic.

"I said, 'Lemme get at that Coocoobrains,' he kept saying, 'Mine! Mine!'...I had to do justice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
Matt Mira is totally awful. he's just like any jackass at any lovely job who thinks he's funny. i don't know if he gave Hardwick a really great deal back when he worked at the Apple store or what but there is absolutely no reason for him to have reached any level of notoriety. i remember hearing him complain on a podcast about how the @midnight writers have to come up with new fake hashtags every week. that's like the easiest hackiest form of joke writing and he was talking about it like he was exhausted by it. The guy's an obnoxious amateur who should still be sweating it out at open mics.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

This got me to go back and listen to that episode, and my God, the Pony sketch. The moment that PFT realizes he has taken his character into ridiculously dark territory is just fantastic.

"I said, 'Lemme get at that Coocoobrains,' he kept saying, 'Mine! Mine!'...I had to do justice."

I killed this dude...I killed this little 5 year old dude.

OKAY, EVERYBODY STEP BACK...AND RELAX

We're trying to step back and relax, lil Nate.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Stephanie Allynne does the best little kid voice :allears:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I WANT a tall coffee, I'm DATING Ariana Grande!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Matt Mira is funnier than everyone here but Toby Keith Sweat.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I especially love when Mira is incredibly mean and lovely about peoples appearances

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Humor At Home For Dummies stuff in today's Hollywood Handbook was amazing

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Politicalrancor posted:

Funny how? Funny like a clown or like a manbaby wearing a diaper and clown make up?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Funny how? Funny like a clown?

Like he's here to fuckin' amuse me?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Politicalrancor posted:

I'm probably funnier than matt Mira I'm sure he's great but let's be real, I'm extremely funny.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Is there something recent going on with Matt or is this still some bleed over discussion from Doug Loves Movies?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
People post about hating guests all over this subforum, not just the DLM thread.

I'd change the DLM thread to ask it not be pages of disliking guests, but why? I'd rather it be a mix of opinions than completely one way or another. Pages of circlejerking would be annoying too.

If a podcast based around competitive games is going to change guests every episode, and release episodes once a week or more, there's going to be more guests people don't like.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

the only time Matt Mira has ever been funny was when he tipped over a golf cart.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Conduit for Sale! posted:

the only time Matt Mira has ever been funny was when he tipped over a golf cart.

What about the time he sold off precious guitars to give his lovely mooch family money? That was hilarious!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Urk! posted:

People post about hating guests all over this subforum, not just the DLM thread.

I'd change the DLM thread to ask it not be pages of disliking guests, but why? I'd rather it be a mix of opinions than completely one way or another. Pages of circlejerking would be annoying too.

If a podcast based around competitive games is going to change guests every episode, and release episodes once a week or more, there's going to be more guests people don't like.

I wasn't really complaining, hating guests on DLM is part of the fun :smugbert: If I hear Graham Elwood one more time...
Mostly just wondering if something recent was going on with Matt and people were doing just a bunch of references from some recent podcast somewhere.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

He was just on @Midnight, maybe that

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Waves of mira-disgust occasionally pass through the comedy-podcast zeitgeist.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I've been dragging myself through the Earwolf subreddit to get some ideas flowing on giving Hollywood Handbook some more spotlight and there's people on there who have Ronna & Beverly as their favorite podcast ever and haven't even tried Andy Dalys Podcast Pilot Project.

Comedy is subjective and all that but goddamn :stare:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Howard Kremer's obsession with 'Gu's goes back over half a decade

http://youtu.be/Mj_AbIHpi64?list=PL5792CB0220D7845B

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Zsinjeh posted:

I've been dragging myself through the Earwolf subreddit to get some ideas flowing on giving Hollywood Handbook some more spotlight and there's people on there who have Ronna & Beverly as their favorite podcast ever and haven't even tried Andy Dalys Podcast Pilot Project.

Comedy is subjective and all that but goddamn :stare:

I don't know why they haven't tried the Daly casts, but you do know Ronna and Beverly are characters played by UCB improvisers? They're not real old ladies.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't know why they haven't tried the Daly casts, but you do know Ronna and Beverly are characters played by UCB improvisers? They're not real old ladies.

No way.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

This is actually news to me. I thought they were real (annoying) people.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Excuse me

Ronna and Beverly can be super funny when I am in the mood for their style of humor.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sean and Hayes: the natural enemies of spookiness.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Just wanna hang out with Sean and Hayes pretty much and you know... fan out

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Hold On. I think Bob Ducca might not be Scott's real stepfather and I'm not sure if he's even ever met Kevin gently caress, much less have cause to thank him for group work....

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Hold On. I think Bob Ducca might not be Scott's real stepfather and I'm not sure if he's even ever met Kevin gently caress, much less have cause to thank him for group work....

Well yeah, in the TV show continuity he isn't, but here on CBB-616 I see no reason to suspect that.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

then who is selling me these neck truffles?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Refresh your feed if you want to be talked U2 to you.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

tnimark posted:

Oh hell yes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Jesus christ the "Your best story" on I4H today :stare:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oh yeah sure i'll just tell them about the time i plotted to murder a kid because his butt crack annoyed me when i was six years old, that story's THE BEST

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tnimark posted:

That Rice Krispies commercial was hot as gently caress.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Tacier posted:

This is actually news to me. I thought they were real (annoying) people.

Earwolf network is your number one destination for alt-comedy and 60 year old Jewish ladies from Rhode Island.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"I'm Edward Fagot"

Edit: Scott criticising bonus tracks for not being thematically consistent with the album proper is complete loving insanity.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 16, 2014

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I laugh every time Scott drops a Jack Mack and the Heart Attack reference.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

oh yeah sure i'll just tell them about the time i plotted to murder a kid because his butt crack annoyed me when i was six years old, that story's THE BEST
I am still creeped out as gently caress by this guy. Mental health is poorly treated enough as it is leading to horrible outcomes, I hope someone followed up him later in life besides just "scolding" him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

GraPar posted:

Edit: Scott criticising bonus tracks for not being thematically consistent with the album proper is complete loving insanity.

This episode had some peak Scott insanity and I kind of wish Adam Scott called him out on it a little more. If Adam did something equally outrageous as saying he likes Karmin, complaining that tracks on a bonus disc weren't on a separate b-side release and then complaining about the audio fidelity of the vocal track during an acoustic session, Scott would have lost it on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I like Scott a lot, but he just doesn't care as much about minutia as Scott does, that's why Scott seems to hate a lot more songs than Scott does. I think that's why Scott doesn't poo poo on Scott as much as he should, he's out of his element.