Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Eopia posted:

I think I need an intervention. I've barely been able to put this game down and now I've been hitting my head on the wall that is attempting to A rank the 1000 kills in 10 minutes mission in the upper left of the adventure map.

Also my nnid is Oloeopia I'll be adding everyone in the second post later.

I did it with Fi though I think Midna might be able to handle it as well, I think she can hit more targets with her special attack at any rate. My method was to spam the poo poo out her combo that rushes you through enemies (YYYX) and try my best to stay the hell away from the Imprisoned. Just keep plowing through the trash without taking too much incidental damage (which has a really generous threshold, I got an A at ~9.8k) and you should be good. It's basically not that different than the other "kill x enemies in 10 min" missions, but the layout of the map coupled with the Imprisoned can be a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hurrah, finished both the Zant and Agitha level 3 missions. Agitha is so unequipped to beat all these drat Dinolfos. My strategy was to use BY once to pop them up, then BBY to drop a beetle, then dash backwards and repeat BBY until they're dead. If you time it perfectly you can continuously juggle them with it. It still sucked. Link takes forever too because Agitha cannot punish weak points for poo poo.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Agitha can smash hero weak points in one go if you dodge cancel XY asap and hit them as they come down. It also helps to peg them with an arrow first so they stay stunned longer and get that extra bit of damage in to the weak point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What on earth

I was doing a mission with the imprisoned in skyloft (top half of it) and he got up, only to begin spinning violently into the air and off my screen. He was just in his standing animation and was doing front flips rapidly.

Minute later he just reappeared on the ground as if nothing had happened.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What on earth

I was doing a mission with the imprisoned in skyloft (top half of it) and he got up, only to begin spinning violently into the air and off my screen. He was just in his standing animation and was doing front flips rapidly.

Minute later he just reappeared on the ground as if nothing had happened.

This sounds pretty amazing, and I certainly hope you took screenshots.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Ahahaha, from the makers of "Use the bow to cheese the devastating attack levels" comes "Use Zelda and the Wind Waker to completely trivialize the devastating attack levels". That controllable tornado is the poo poo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Eopia posted:

This sounds pretty amazing, and I certainly hope you took screenshots.

He popped onto the ground as the home menu popped up, I replayed the mission a few times to get it to happen again and no luck.

It's the one where you need to dry up the lake and "defeat the primordial beast"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

KingEffingFrost posted:

Ahahaha, from the makers of "Use the bow to cheese the devastating attack levels" comes "Use Zelda and the Wind Waker to completely trivialize the devastating attack levels". That controllable tornado is the poo poo.

Why even wait that long? Use the tornado shotgun and then dodge to do it again and again at even less risk!

Also Zelda's level 3 rapier mission is piss easy. I annihilated that thing even faster than Dorf's and Ghirahim's. Cia lasted literally one focus spirit and weakness attack. It honestly kind of feels like her non-powered up finishers are better than her powered up ones, though. Or at least less cumbersome.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 15, 2014

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Zelda's non-powered moves are better against single targets, and her light-arrow powered versions are better against groups because they cover a huge area. The exception to this is her light-arrow powered BBY, which just destroys single targets, and her BBBBY combo, which is the exact opposite of what I said in the first sentence.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Regy Rusty posted:

I just did that mission in my skipped levels roundup, and wow you're absolutely right. That just destroyed him.

E: Holy poo poo gently caress that kill 1000 enemies mission, I am never doing that again to A-rank it or playing it with Agitha. I did it with Ganondorf and only barely made it without dying.

E2: THANKS LINK, YOU'RE THE HERO OF HYRULE! :haw: These credits own.

E3: COMPLETE! I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

*I'm not free

It won't help you beat it with Agitha, but a really really easy way to A that 1k kill mission is to use the Great Fairy. I didn't even use the lvl 3 on and was able to finish it with 4 min to spare. The problem with that map is the enemies are so far spread apart, even when in "groups" but Great Fairy gives no poo poo. Spamming Y will get it done if you want. The only thing to worry about is some random damage happening from the bosses you are avoiding, but it's actually really easy to A with her.

All I really have left is the quiz levels with main character bosses. Ugh, they are not fun.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I want Shiek's level 3 harp so I can have an easier time beating Darunia in Hard Mode Story for a Gold Skulltula, so I need to beat a mission where I play as Dorf and get an A rank. It's kind of a hectic map but not really trouble, except the final boss is Zant and with the way he never gets stunned he takes like five minutes to kill. I guess I need to get Dorf a better weapon so I can beat that mission so I can get Shiek a better weapon.

Is there any way of making Zant go into his stun so I can actually hurt him?

I had this EXACT same problem. I wanted Sheik's level 3 harp, but first you have to beat a tough level with Ganondorf and A rank it.

So, after failing the mission, I went and grinded a for a while, got Ganondorf his Level 2 Weapon, then returned to the stage. I recommend a level 50 Ganondorf or higher. To get A rank you'll have to finish in under 15 minutes so watch your time!

First, take out the two reinforcers they spawn almost as soon as the map begins. Do NOT delay. Then, capture the enemy keep one was in. Then, head towards the enemy keep that has the fairy in it, capture the keep, and snag the fairy.

Now, for the rest of the map keep an eye on
*Your own blue bases because they will get overrun.
*Capture the remaining enemy keeps as fast as you can.
*Eventually an enemy "scout" will spawn and he'll make MORE enemies. Drop everything and kill him if he shows up.
The battle with Zant takes a while.

I wish you the best of luck as this is VERY hard. The level with Sheik afterwards is relatively easy compared to this :)

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 15, 2014

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I don't know how it happened, but my Ganondorf is level 90-something while everyone else is 20-60. Whenever I run up against a level that has open selection, I pretty much just run in with him and slaughter everything so I can get a feel for it for when I need to go back and get rewards. Not a bad strategy so far!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spectacle Rock posted:

I had this EXACT same problem. I wanted Sheik's level 3 harp, but first you have to beat a tough level with Ganondorf and A rank it.

I never had to beat this level. I don't think I even played this level. Which one is it?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I still have no level 3 weapons, mostly because I've B-ranked Link's Fire Rod one twice and the other ones are those ones where you have to play an Adventure Battle with a boss at the end.

I have beat 54 levels and of those, I've only A-ranked 35, and I've only cleared out all of the treasure from 27. There are 128 levels. Tomorrow there will be 256 levels. Apparently I need to get a job where they pay me to play Hyrule Warriors to have any hope of ever completing this game.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I didn't even know there were different ranks for each weapon before reading this thread. This game doesn't do a very good job of explaining itself, IMHO.

When does the DLC drop? And is there any online co-op?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think the first DLC drops tomorrow, and it's free.

New weapon unlockables are the "sealed weapons" you find in chests. They're either brand new weapons (like the magic rod) or new tiers of existing weapons (like the white sword). You'll find both of those as you play Legend Mode. There are also star ranks to each weapon you find, which simply improve the base damage, and when those start dropping a tutorial message pops up about it. It seemed clear enough to me.

Unrelated, I finally finished all the maps in Adventure Mode. The little "you got a medallion" jingle from Ocarina of Time plays when it happens. According to the activity log, I've played Hyrule Warriors for 72 hours (:stare:). I can't believe the game's going to double in length tomorrow, too.

I'm not going after all of the A-ranks or hearts/skulltulas, gently caress that.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oh, is tomorrow just the bad guys DLC? I thought it was Master Quest as well.

RyokoTK posted:

I'm not going after all of the A-ranks or hearts/skulltulas, gently caress that.

I imagine even I might give up on A rank and hearts in the end, but the skulltulas unlock more levels and stuff. :(

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bicyclops posted:

Oh, is tomorrow just the bad guys DLC? I thought it was Master Quest as well.

It's both, I think.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So what should this Link be called? We've got the Hero of Time, the Hero of Wind, the Hero of Legend, the Hero of, uh, Trains...

So what about this one? The Hero of the Power Glove? Hero of War?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hero of Murder :black101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Hero of Fangirls, obviously.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hero of B-Ranks

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The Bottled Hero.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
The True Hero of the Three Kingdoms.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

He's A Better Hero Than I Have Heard!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Original Hero, Do Not Steal

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Hero of War/Master of War. Can't use God, Guan Yu might object.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hero of Cucco Pursuit

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hang on, the bad guys DLC is free?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

Hero of B-Ranks

But I don't want him to be. :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fix posted:

Hang on, the bad guys DLC is free?

Yes, but if you want their level 2/3 weapons and heart peices, you'll need the masterquest DLC.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

This Link is more "a" hero than "the" hero, isn't he? In my game Ganon was defeated by Zelda, and then on the second go by Darunia for the skulltula. :v:

Oxyclean posted:

Yes, but if you want their level 2/3 weapons and heart peices, you'll need the masterquest DLC.

Ohhh drat, that's insidious. Is what I'd say if I hadn't already bought the season pass a few days after the game came out

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If the Master Quest took a fifth as long as vanilla Adventure Mode, and didn't have any other content, and was the only DLC pack my :20bux: got me, I'd still call it worth it.

I just unlocked Evil's Bane and realized I didn't have anything left to do that I wanted to do... until tomorrow when the new board comes out. :v:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I won't be able to get all the rank 3 weapons for everyone before tomorrow. Hopefully the new map isn't too difficult so that I can use it to level up characters like Darunia and Zant who still need their rank 3 weapon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dunban posted:

I won't be able to get all the rank 3 weapons for everyone before tomorrow. Hopefully the new map isn't too difficult so that I can use it to level up characters like Darunia and Zant who still need their rank 3 weapon.

If nothing else, it'll be something to mess around with in those periods when your frustration gets too much to deal with current Adventure Mode.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Free Drinks posted:

It won't help you beat it with Agitha, but a really really easy way to A that 1k kill mission is to use the Great Fairy. I didn't even use the lvl 3 on and was able to finish it with 4 min to spare. The problem with that map is the enemies are so far spread apart, even when in "groups" but Great Fairy gives no poo poo. Spamming Y will get it done if you want. The only thing to worry about is some random damage happening from the bosses you are avoiding, but it's actually really easy to A with her.

All I really have left is the quiz levels with main character bosses. Ugh, they are not fun.

Thanks for the advice. I had already beaten it with Agitha, barely, but thanks to you I managed to A rank it. Now that I've A ranked every mission in Adventure mode, I suppose I'll finish collecting all the heart pieces and containers left before the DLC hits tomorrow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If I get the Master Quest DLC will Evil's Bane stay locked until I get all THOSE weapons too?

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
I haven't even unlocked Zant yet. I spend too much time backtracking to get item cards so I can unlock every single little thing on the map the first time around. Also gotta help those network Links. Doing one of those for one of you got me a 5 star 8-bit sword with 6 slots, which wasn't even the completion reward, so thanks for that!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I hate playing as Ruto but I really need to get this skulltula. Oh wait I forgot Ruto can banish entire maps to a hellscape shadow realm

I have no idea what caused this but it's a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I hate playing as Ruto but I really need to get this skulltula. Oh wait I forgot Ruto can banish entire maps to a hellscape shadow realm

I have no idea what caused this but it's a thing

Don't panic, it's probably just a routine creepypasta. Have you noticed any hyperrealistic blood or spooky nightmares lately?

• Locked thread