Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

please, sit down. there's something i need to tell you.

there is no generation y. the group known as the "millennials" begins in 1980, when generation x ended.

someone who is 34 today is a millennial, are you loving making GBS threads me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Merkinman posted:

I can't wait for the future of the web where every site is behind a paywall because of entitled millennials :allears:

this, but unironically

ad-free paywalled content forever

death to buzzfeed

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
buzzfeed premium for only $2.99/month

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

turned 18 around 2000 so...

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

*shurg*

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i thought millennials grew up during the 2000 era, like were 8+ during 2000+, not 18+

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
lol if you identify yourself with marketing demographics

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it helps if you think of millennials as comprising two waves, with the earlier wave managing to get a foothold before everything began to go to poo poo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
just saying the group ive always heard that term applied to being like just in their 20s now not 30s

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i bet mozilla could make firefox the most used browser again, if they bundled adblock plus and did a huge marketing push to explain how you wouldn't see ads again, not even on youtube

of course they will never do this, because mozilla's main funding source is an advertising company called google

although tbh the status quo is the best of both worlds for me. i don't have to see the ads, and there are enough dumb people who do see the ads that companies like google aren't spending much time fighting ad blockers

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sniep posted:

i thought millennials grew up during the 2000 era, like were 8+ during 2000+, not 18+

Sniep posted:

just saying the group ive always heard that term applied to being like just in their 20s now not 30s

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i bet mozilla could make firefox the most used browser again, if they bundled adblock plus and did a huge marketing push to explain how you wouldn't see ads again, not even on youtube

of course they will never do this, because mozilla's main funding source is an advertising company called google

although tbh the status quo is the best of both worlds for me. i don't have to see the ads, and there are enough dumb people who do see the ads that companies like google aren't spending much time fighting ad blockers

that wouldn't work out so well once every single ad-driven site on the Internet starts automatically redirecting Firefox users to goatse

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
the concept of social generation is purely masturbatory and does no work

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

The Management posted:

that wouldn't work out so well once every single ad-driven site on the Internet starts automatically redirecting Firefox users to goatse

um excuse me i'm not a firefox user, it says right here "Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5355d Safari/8536.25"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

the concept of social generation is purely masturbatory and does no work

aheam i believe you mean marketing

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
lots of millenials itt posting hard against the term 'millennials' and then a lot of gen-x-ers *grownups saying "shut up child"

e: *fixed terminology

Sniep fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 12, 2014

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I'm not even going to say which I am, but lol at everyone focusing on my use of the word millennial and not the more important word, entitled.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

the little popover at the bottom where it tells you what was blocked

yeah turn that thing off imo

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

efb

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it's actually ok to be entitled to something. being self-entitled is the bad thing.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
im selfie-entitled

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Merkinman posted:

I'm not even going to say which I am, but lol at everyone focusing on my use of the word millennial and not the more important word, entitled.

by which you mean "black"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i am not a millennial but an indigo child, because of my indigo colored psychic aura. i will bring about a new era of world peace.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

i am not a millennial but an indigo child, because of my indigo colored psychic aura. i will bring about a new era of world peace.

ur not even an indiegogo child, u pleb

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Athletic Footjob posted:

ur not even an indiegogo child, u pleb

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

it helps if you think of millennials as comprising two waves, with the earlier wave managing to get a foothold before everything began to go to poo poo

i tend not to think of it at all op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I tend not to think at all

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

I tend not to think at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bvaeq3JlN8

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Athletic Footjob posted:

indiegogo child

would make a nice username

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Base Emitter posted:

lol if you identify yourself with marketing demographics

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Base Emitter posted:

lol if you identify yourself

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
someone's gotta do it

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Management posted:

there are multiple dates given for millenials, another common one is '84, but yes, 30 year olds are millenials

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

icantfindaname posted:

there are multiple dates given for millenials, another common one is '84, but yes, 30 year olds are millenials

almost like the generational grouping concept involves a distinct cultural identity of early adults across a 20 year span

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
they're all whippersnappers; i don't care what name you stick on them :corsair:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

they're all whippersnappers; i don't care what name you stick on them :corsair:

quiet, generation x. you had your chance and you just sort of looked at the boomers and went "eh" and let them keep doing whatever.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
iirc anyone born post 9/11 is a different generation but we don't have to care about them for another 5 years or so at the earliest

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
who was generation q?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Boxturret posted:

who was generation q?

anyone who grew up playing q-bert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

duTrieux. posted:

quiet, generation x. you had your chance and you just sort of looked at the boomers and went "eh" and let them keep doing whatever.
oh well, whatever, never mind

• Locked thread