Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 219 days!)

I know you be lyin'
You wanna slam that Ion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Viggen posted:

I know you be lyin'
You wanna slam that Ion.

Preferably into a wall or tree

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Get a Viper, I hear they're loving awesome.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I tell you what, Lowes and Home Depot are clearly in cahoots. Sometime in the last couple of weeks both of them bumped their closing time from 10PM to 9PM. :argh: That seal driver 2" pipe cap will have to wait for tomorrow.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah, they have summer and winter hours.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I hosed my sister's best friend, and (as of last week) we're engaged. Things were a little rocky between my sister and I at first, but in the end she needed to grow up.

That said, my fiancé and I spent last Sunday playing coop games for 5 hours and she let me buy a car without having sold the Miata yet.

She's a keeper :dance:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I don't want my friends to date my sister, but not because I've got some kind of sworn blood oath to her. It's because she's a horrible monster.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

goatse guy posted:

I don't want my friends to date my sister, but not because I've got some kind of sworn blood oath to her. It's because she's a horrible monster.

Yeah this.

Also anyone who cares this much about either side of the equation is a big ol drama bomb, in my humble opinion. Find something more productive to focus on. "I hate drama" is the biggest red flag of them all, aside from wanting to sleep with your sister maybe.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just got caught up on the thread! All this sister chat makes me glad I have a younger brother.

Adiabatic posted:

:stare: was that real

Still haven't received mine yet, cursedshitbox. I guess I'm not one of the cool kids. :(

And I haven't sent out a dong pic yet, but you should accept sometimespoppit.

savesthedayrocks posted:

Someone here brought up Yik Yak, and it is terrible. It doesn't help that when I'm on it during the day im in proximity to a high school. I fear for my kids' future.

I'm near the Capitol. It's much more interesting than the one at home.

goatse guy posted:

I found one of my married friends on tinder. My first thought was, "OH NO HE DIDN'T" but my second thought was along those lines, so I swiped right.

Please never stop telling us about your tinder shenanigans :swoon:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

alternate.eago posted:

Still haven't received mine yet, cursedshitbox. I guess I'm not one of the cool kids. :(

I asked why everyone reacts the way they do and he replied "Because it's broken like the rest of me"
Must admit I'm morbidly curious now.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

*commits industrial espionage with terrible_robots diagram that he left on his desk*

Wait..what the hells an Interocitor?
:stare:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NitroSpazzz posted:

WTF was just asked if I wanted to move back to WI in a round-about way for a different job with my company. It's more tempting than it should be.
Couldn't help but think about this all the way into work today, not sure if it's good or bad I'm considering it. My job here is secure and awesome, job there would be equally if not more secure but likely less awesome and more travel. I hate decisions.

Weekend trip to WI just got extended by at least one week. At this rate why do I have a house, I'd be better off with a large storage building with a hammock in one corner for the occasional nights at home. Think I'll be sitting down with the manager who brought up my name for the position.

goatse guy posted:

I'm taking another break from tinder while I work through my urges to adopt forty cats.
How many times is this now? Just get fifty cats and continue to make life interesting with Tinder.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 15, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

alternate.eago posted:

Please never stop telling us about your tinder shenanigans :swoon:

My last three dates stood me up. I think I'm losing my tinder mojo.

NitroSpazzz posted:

How many times is this now? Just get fifty cats and continue to make life interesting with Tinder.

I got matched with one of your friends on tinder. :v:

goatse guy fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 15, 2014

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

freelop posted:

I asked why everyone reacts the way they do and he replied "Because it's broken like the rest of me"
Must admit I'm morbidly curious now.

Legit looks like a movie prop

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

I got matched with one of your friends on tinder. :v:

Haha I'm sorry. I hope they aren't one of the three that stood you up.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Posting from up in a ceiling. Wassup guys?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This is why I'm so gung-ho to move to Cleveland next year.

You can get a house for the price of a VCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Anytime someone mentions moving to Cleveland this needs to be posted.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Go to sleep for 12 hours and I feel like I awoke in the twilight zone. :catstare:

But rhynos friends are still lovely :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

NE Ohio is a miserable place to live. The lake is wrecks the weather for 6 months out of the year. Much more snow, much more cloudy, much more salt on the roads. Trashes everything and makes for a very ugly place to live. Plus, the exodus of manufacturing and other jobs have made it an even more depressed wasteland.

Nobody that moves out of NE Ohio ever says they regret it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Not even exaggerating Detroit is a better place to live than Cleveland. At least people are trying to bring Detroit back, afaik everyone dreams of leaving Cleveland and letting it rot.

That being said, still better than Indiana.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 219 days!)

leica posted:

Bring back "Man in the Box", HBO. :argh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

gileadexile posted:

*commits industrial espionage with terrible_robots diagram that he left on his desk*

Wait..what the hells an Interocitor?
:stare:

Lol at least you didn't get the plans for the turboencabulator.

In case anyone cares, it's actually just a map of the campus with light locations and tag numbers. I wish I got to design stuff.

E: somehow I haven't been sent a CSB dick snap, but from what I hear if he ever needs a new SA name Circus Penis might not be a bad choice.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 15, 2014

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Adiabatic posted:

Confirming this is true. Amazing. I just don't know what else to say.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

alternate.eago posted:

Confirming this is true. Amazing. I just don't know what else to say.

Pretend I posted that bit in M*A*S*H where all the guys are lined up to get a look at the dentist in the shower, I can't find a screenshot

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tusen Takk posted:

Rhyno we all love you but based on all the drama in your life I'd say half of it is from your poo poo friends and the rest of it is from you blowing it out of proportion or getting involved in something that you could have not gotten involved in.

I don't want to call you a drama queen because typically you get involved with the best intentions, but bloody hell man your life is as dramatic as Gone with the Wind.

Tussy Talk makes a good post. Mark this day on a calendar, folks.

In all seriousness - I feel for you Rhyno, but as pointed out - you spend a lot of time and energy trying to control other people - and it's time and energy that could be spent controlling your own life.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

So the signs on the road giving the recommended speed for a corner, do those get updated? In a modern car, they generally seem about 10 mph too cautious, but when I was driving a 50 year old car around they were always pretty much at the edge of what I felt was safe.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That depends entirely on whether you're talking about yellow or white signs, have you read the drivers handbook?

I can generally maintain 10-20mph over their recommendation even in a shagged out beat up jeep with 250k miles on the suspension, so I think you may need more practice.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Kastein defies the laws of physics too.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

leica posted:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...m_campaign=blog

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

kastein posted:

That depends entirely on whether you're talking about yellow or white signs, have you read the drivers handbook?

I can generally maintain 10-20mph over their recommendation even in a shagged out beat up jeep with 250k miles on the suspension, so I think you may need more practice.

The yellow ones, the advisory ones.

Manual steering, drum brakes all around with a weak master cylinder, skinny bias-ply tires, and lashings of body roll all combined to make me drive a bit slower on curvy roads.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

So the signs on the road giving the recommended speed for a corner, do those get updated? In a modern car, they generally seem about 10 mph too cautious, but when I was driving a 50 year old car around they were always pretty much at the edge of what I felt was safe.

What bugs me more than the overly cautious speed recommendations are when those signs indicate a 90 degree turn ahead, and you get to it and its barely more than a gentle bend, nothing that would require slowing down.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Nobody that moves out of NE Ohio ever says they regret it.

Grew up there, no regrets leaving. loving miserable place.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I lived in Grand Rapids MI for 4 years. It's a place with 100" of snowfall on average and ~270 days of the year are completely overcast. I heard "At least it's not Ohio" a lot.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Adiabatic posted:

My reaction was "Why is he wearing that ma-" :stare:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

I lived in Grand Rapids MI for 4 years. It's a place with 100" of snowfall on average and ~270 days of the year are completely overcast. I heard "At least it's not Ohio" a lot.

Also the craft beer is amazing and the ability to live in the country with a shitload of property and drive into downtown to enjoy the city life within 15 minutes outweighs any amount of snow they get up there. Well, it certainly helps I guess.

IDK I really really like GR almost moreso than I like Detroit.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Adiabatic posted:

I grew up in South Bend, live in Mishawaka and work in Elkhart. On the plus side, we're pretty close to Chicago, Indy, Cleve- oh... Detro- ooh.... hmm... Well, Chicago and Indy.

So many different places to get stabbed!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Also the craft beer is amazing and the ability to live in the country with a shitload of property and drive into downtown to enjoy the city life within 15 minutes outweighs any amount of snow they get up there. Well, it certainly helps I guess.

IDK I really really like GR almost moreso than I like Detroit.

Yo Richmond is just like that without all the lovely weather. I really liked GR and everyone for sure made the most of it there but god drat did they pick a horrible spot.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
God damnit. I really need to stop engaging morons on Facebook. Along with Birthers, Tea Partiers, and POST THIS OR YOU WILL DIE TOMORROW the Ebola fearing crowd is about the worst.

Yes, all 6 (if even that) people that are infected with the ebola is going to cause a massive outbreak, even though the flu, rabies and other viruses kill far more people and are already wide spread. Its not like the ebola isn't spread through the air. It is spread through intimate contact (how the nurses in Dallas were infected by touching bodily fluids and not following proper hazmat procedures) :rolleyes:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

leica posted:

Sometimes when I bring up in from Cleveland, I get asked if I've seen this video.

I don't mind living in Cleveland. I think I'm stuck here for the time being and I really don't mind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I had a burger last night with some kind of inferno sauce or something because I was sweating up a storm working through it.

All I can say is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc

• Locked thread