Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If it does my rear end is staying on the ground floor and plinking him in the loving toes while the rest of you can sail around and leap directly into his open mouth. gently caress that noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
They should make it like you'll need to parkour your way into that room on his back or parkour up a ramp and copter your way straight through the open door so you can kill some enemies inside and a tumor or something that would make him vulnerable for a short period on the outside.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
They should make a parkour Shadow of the Colossus boss.

It'll be terrible. :getin:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Stalker drops by to kill the guy AFK in the starting area on an alert mission:

Me and the other pub standing on extraction:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I wish I could see this happen. Luckily I don't run across that many pubs idling, but when I do, I definitely try to draw mobs over to them.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Starting to play this game. No group play just yet, but I guess I'm still in the tutorialy part of the game. Only other co-op game I've played was Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, how much do I gotta learn?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

aegof posted:

Starting to play this game. No group play just yet, but I guess I'm still in the tutorialy part of the game. Only other co-op game I've played was Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, how much do I gotta learn?
If you understand all these you'll be pretty decently prepared (in no particular order):

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Aura
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stance
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinels
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kubrow
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Extractor
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Maneuvers
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/File:Zoren_Copter_Tutorial_-_Warframe

If that's too much poo poo just read up on Mods and Mastery and put the rest off for later. Your first goal is to get Mastery 2 to be able to trade goons for better stuff. How you get there is up for debate but you can buy some initially better weapons with Credits even before you collect resources and start making other weapons. Make sure you're spending the rectangular things and not the round things.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 15, 2014

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Also ask about doing Void Runs (sorta-endgame stuff) in clan chat. Most of us will happily bring a brand new player through a couple. These are good sources of xp, credits, resources, parts for some more advanced weapons. It'll help get the xp to reach rank 2 faster, and give you a jumpstart on gear later down the line.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Sandweed posted:

Stalker drops by to kill the guy AFK in the starting area on an alert mission:

Me and the other pub standing on extraction:

Where did you find these? lol :)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kuromyneko posted:

There's a guy in the Warframe subreddit who's done a ton of animations by importing the Warframe models/environments into Source Filmmaker.

If you do a reverse image search on either of these, you'll be able to find his tumblr -- but, fair warning, he also uses these models to generate a bunch of rule-34 Warframe content. :barf:

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

I found a lot of weird warframes on tumblr, didn't realize it had already become weird fan art lol
hehe

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really need to get my stuff moved out of my old place so I can play consistently again.

Not gonna lie, I stared for a while.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So, I just found a way to set my screen to its recommended 1900x1080 resolution because my HD7770 was being an rear end in a top hat about anything higher than 1600x900. So I was changing resolutions in all the games I play regularly, and of course Warframe is the only one that ends up with a problem: whenever I change from the latter to the former, the camera centers on the screen, things get blurry and if I want to click somewhere, I have to click slightly to the right and like 10cm below. :v: Any ideas?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kuromyneko posted:

I found a lot of weird warframes on tumblr, didn't realize it had already become weird fan art lol
hehe

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kuromyneko posted:

The brofist one is from the Ice bucket challenge video DE did. The guy who made the stalker one, yeah don't look for his stuff.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Hotfix 14.10.3

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324763-hotfix-14103/

Changes:

Increased default speed of Dagger attacks using the Pointed Wind stance.
Altered the Nikana jump roll transition time and animation to match the default roll.
Increased the drop rate on Personal Life Support modules in Corpus and Infested Survival missions so as to match Grineer and Corrupted Survival drop rates.
Parry procs can now be triggered during Valkyr’s Hysteria.
Bonus Credits will no longer awarded on failed missions.
Bonus Credits will now be displayed at the end of match screen and back on the Liset for Dark Sector missions.

Fixes:

Fixed an issue with the Codex Scanner overlay appearing even when no HUD was toggled, content creators rejoice!
Fixed an issue with Valkyr’s Hysteria finisher animations using Furax animations.
Fixed an issue with Loki being able to switch teleport Dark Sector defense pods.
Fixed an issue with Switch Teleport field of view visuals not properly disappearing if the ability is used while falling into a pit.
Fixed cases of toggle abilities getting out of sync between host and client when spammed.
Fixed an issue with the pause menu causing the extraction animation to not play correctly and subsequently cause the player to fail the mission.
Fixed an issue with the incorrect wave number being displayed at the end of Defense missions.
Fixed erroneous counter chance calculation.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They better not have fixed the void switch teleport trick to get past secret doors.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh god, a use for that auto-parry mod. Actually, I wonder how well even normal parrying scales?

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
Dagger speed buff make them decent?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Azran posted:

So, I just found a way to set my screen to its recommended 1900x1080 resolution because my HD7770 was being an rear end in a top hat about anything higher than 1600x900. So I was changing resolutions in all the games I play regularly, and of course Warframe is the only one that ends up with a problem: whenever I change from the latter to the former, the camera centers on the screen, things get blurry and if I want to click somewhere, I have to click slightly to the right and like 10cm below. :v: Any ideas?

Tried borderless fullscreen?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Kyte posted:

Tried borderless fullscreen?

Yup. :) Thanks!

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

What does auto parry actually do? I've never slotted it because the odds of it going off seemed laughably low without sinking a ton of cores into it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Baby Babbeh posted:

What does auto parry actually do? I've never slotted it because the odds of it going off seemed laughably low without sinking a ton of cores into it.

As I understand, you can make enemies stagger by activating channeling while blocking just before they hit you with a melee attack, that stagger opening them up for a finisher move. The autoparry mod gives you a chance to stagger them if you're blocking but don't time a channel.

I've never used that mechanic though, so I could be totally off base.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Second attempt on Mastery Rank 8 test, did it with Excalibur and maxed Super Jump. Finally found a use for Excalibur :unsmith:

Anyways me and some other people were doing T3 Survival, but what warframes are useful for that (aside from Loki Prime and Nekros, which 2 of us have.)? I have Rhino Prime, Valkyr and Saryn (currently making Ember, Nyx, Mirage and Oberon) but if they're not of any help then I'm planning to farm something else to be of help.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Anything not T4 is probably pretty easy to do with any frame so long as you bring your best modded-out guns.

Though with a Rhino or Valkyr it's not like you even need to worry about anything other than being a bit on the boring side.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Aesis posted:

Second attempt on Mastery Rank 8 test, did it with Excalibur and maxed Super Jump. Finally found a use for Excalibur :unsmith:

Anyways me and some other people were doing T3 Survival, but what warframes are useful for that (aside from Loki Prime and Nekros, which 2 of us have.)? I have Rhino Prime, Valkyr and Saryn (currently making Ember, Nyx, Mirage and Oberon) but if they're not of any help then I'm planning to farm something else to be of help.

Rhino is good because it won't die, Nyx has Chaos which scales infinitely. That said, unless you're going 40+ minutes on a T3 Survival, you can bring any frame to a T3 and be fine.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Picked this up and have a noob question: What should I be comparing the mission levels to?

After the prologue, my nav defaults to Venus and missions with level 8-9 guys on 'em. My warframe and weapons average to about level 8 but once there are a handful of guys surrounding me, I get torn apart. Although I am reading that Loki is a bit squishy, which makes things a bit more difficult too (I had a year old account I played for a very, very short while).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Zet posted:

Picked this up and have a noob question: What should I be comparing the mission levels to?

After the prologue, my nav defaults to Venus and missions with level 8-9 guys on 'em. My warframe and weapons average to about level 8 but once there are a handful of guys surrounding me, I get torn apart. Although I am reading that Loki is a bit squishy, which makes things a bit more difficult too (I had a year old account I played for a very, very short while).

Nothing, really, they just indicate the level of the enemies. The level of your frame/weapons doesn't really matter much compared to how good the mods you have equipped are (that said, join the goon clan if you haven't already and get a set of the standard required mods (redirection/serration/etc)

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Male Man posted:

As I understand, you can make enemies stagger by activating channeling while blocking just before they hit you with a melee attack, that stagger opening them up for a finisher move. The autoparry mod gives you a chance to stagger them if you're blocking but don't time a channel.

I've never used that mechanic though, so I could be totally off base.

The timing doesn't matter. Just be blocking while channeling and you have a chance (based on weapon) to stagger the target and get a parry prompt. The mod used to be poo poo because if a weapon had a low parry chance, it only almost doubled said low chance, when it was supposed to make it guaranteed. I think it's guaranteed now or whatever, but who cares you should just punch/slash/stab/beat him to death anyway. It's faster. Though you should do it at least once with each weapon just to see the awesome parry animations anyway.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've read somewhere that you can charge your bow while parrying. Never tested it myself.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Aesis posted:

A bit late, but a friend and I were duoing T1-T3S as a Nekros and Ash. We could make it theoretically indefinite in T1, and up to 40 in T2/T3 before things started getting hairy.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Show me a screenshot of you guys having gone 2 hours in T1.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Our longest attempts have always gotten bored around the 70 minute mark. It's literally just the Nekros mashing 3 and the Ash mashing 4.

I say theoretical because Ash's damage continues to ramp up thanks to melee combos or whatever. It's what my friend says. I'm always the Nekros and I just mash 3 while watching television shows.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Went to kill Tyl in Uranus (Titania) to farm Gallium, saw that he dropped Ash parts so decided to might as well farm for Ash. 6 Chassis blueprints in a row :psyduck: I did get Helmet and System on 7th and 8th attempt though.

As for Warframe mods, it seems that only a handful are being used over and over again. Stuff like Blind Rage, Narrow Minded and others that are related to power strength/duration/range/efficiency are must to have, and it just feels like it becomes a mix and match of which best skills of a Warframe to utilize using those power related mods.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

DelphiAegis posted:

The timing doesn't matter. Just be blocking while channeling and you have a chance (based on weapon) to stagger the target and get a parry prompt. The mod used to be poo poo because if a weapon had a low parry chance, it only almost doubled said low chance, when it was supposed to make it guaranteed. I think it's guaranteed now or whatever, but who cares you should just punch/slash/stab/beat him to death anyway. It's faster. Though you should do it at least once with each weapon just to see the awesome parry animations anyway.

Yeah, that seems almost completely useless because if I'm in melee range and in a melee stance I'm going to kill the fool not try to block him. Block is just for closing on enemies wielding ranged weapons.

Edit: I guess its maybe theoretically useful if I'm using a weapon stance where there's a combo that I'm going to be holding block to do, to clean up assholes who manage to get a hit in between attacks or something. But that's still really situational and probably a waste of a mod slot.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 16, 2014

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Sadly, Archwings will not do Vertigo One style trichording death spirals convoluted enough to nauseate observers.

I'd laugh if they managed to forget about Stalker and he just winds up spawning in space unable to do anything particularly effective against Archwings, but I think they like that character too much to manage an oversight that big.

On the other hand, if they screwed up and Archwing Stalker spawned in regular levels? THAT I can see happening.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Little newbies that followed me around in the void and allowed me to show you the secrets therein, thanks! It was fun to go slow and see someone experience the mysteries of the void again. It really made me feel like a veteran showing new recruits around.

EDIT: Loki can still get through loot room doors.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

quote:

RPS: Last question: what about the new resources and rewards? What can we expect on that front?

Sinclair: Right now it’s fairly limited to things that are going to make your Archwing better. One of the great things about this update for our experienced veteran players is – when we add new stuff all they do is take the upgrades they’ve had for the last year and smash them on. There’s not that interesting progression curve you get from new items because they can beef them up so quickly. The neat thing about Archwing, at least in terms of the Archwing abilities, is they’ll be having to go out there and scrounge or fight enemies to earn that power back. I’m excited to see how they react to that.

get ready to grind up an entirely new set of cores to fuse your r10 archwing stuff, guys.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I told you guys.

They heard you liked Warframe so they put your Warframe in a Warframe.

Brand new content like all that grind again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Does anyone on PS4 have a spare dual sword stance they can spare me? I'm in LLJK and name is ComradeFlynn.