Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

fknlo posted:

So apparently people from Baltimore were so offended by Jeremy Guthrie wearing the "These O's aren't Royal" t-shirt last night that he felt the need to apologize during a press conference today? Get some thicker skin folks.

How about this, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Zythrst posted:

"and we'll never be royals"

you are way overthinking this

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The_Hat posted:

How about this, then

:golfclap:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

The_Hat posted:

How about this, then

You've crossed the line too many times, Guts, I'm taking you off the force. Hand in your badge and glove.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

The_Hat posted:

How about this, then

Omar buntin' yo!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
‏@Britt_Ghiroli 2 minutes ago

TBS says Game 3 got an average of 6 million viewers, up 25% from last years ALCS. KC/BAL are the 2 smallest combined markets in LCS history

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

armoredgorilla posted:

TBS says Game 3 got an average of 6 million viewers, up 25% from last years ALCS. KC/BAL are the 2 smallest combined markets in LCS history

It's almost like Americans love underdogs and rags-to-riches success stories. Big markets dominating is bad for baseball and bad for AMERICA.

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
I don't see the Orioles getting swept..the NLCS is shaping up to be more interesting :raise:

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

lagcats posted:

I don't see the Orioles getting swept..the NLCS is shaping up to be more interesting :raise:

The game doesn't start until 4:00 :rimshot:

Also, looks like the O's won't be picking up Markakis' option worth $17.M for next year but will be giving Nelson Cruz a QO of $15.3M

Whodat Smith-Jones fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 15, 2014

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

armoredgorilla posted:

But Colin Cowherd doesn't want new teams involved! He reads the numbers!

Hot take, Colin.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

For the record I know that Guthrie has some bad blood with the Orioles for how they traded him or something. I don't know what the exact issue is, but he doesn't like to be reminded that he came up with them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

But Colin Cowherd doesn't want new teams involved! He reads the numbers!

Hot take, Colin.

oh man colin cowherd said a dumb thing i can't believe it that never happens

Why even listen to a thing you know will make you mad? That is literally his entire purpose. It is not interesting in the slightest when he does it.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

MourningView posted:

oh man colin cowherd said a dumb thing i can't believe it that never happens

Why even listen to a thing you know will make you mad? That is literally his entire purpose. It is not interesting in the slightest when he does it.

Well yeah, but some people like being mad, it kind of fuels the whole talk radio industry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I honestly don't really think Cowherd is one of those guys. He's usually right on with his takes. I used to hate him but he says a lot of things that make sense. Saying that he doesn't like the Orioles and Royals in the playoffs because he usually sides with big market teams in like, all sports, is a misguided opinion though.

And yes I enjoy getting mad at the radio during drive time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The only thing I ever heard from Cowherd was, forget even the sport but he was arguing that some Pittsburgh team was bound to win an upcoming game against their San Francisco opponent cause blue collar. I can only assume he was correct since no SF team has ever won a championship ever, right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

I honestly don't really think Cowherd is one of those guys. He's usually right on with his takes.

oh

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

best hitter this series better bunt him

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
We came for :bunt:s and they delievered :bunt:s

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

the way the royals and giants are winning pisses me off. it validates all the bunt bullshit.

edit: im so angry watching this poo poo

double edit: guess this is the wrong thread

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Scob posted:

the way the royals and giants are winning pisses me off. it validates all the bunt bullshit.

Professional sports writers screwing up the narrative, again, is pissing me off. The Giants won because of Matheny.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

kiimo posted:

I honestly don't really think Cowherd is one of those guys. He's usually right on with his takes. I used to hate him but he says a lot of things that make sense. Saying that he doesn't like the Orioles and Royals in the playoffs because he usually sides with big market teams in like, all sports, is a misguided opinion though.

And yes I enjoy getting mad at the radio during drive time.

Heck of a way to out yourself.

e:

Scob posted:

I'm not speaking for Yost but the Giants' situation with runners on first and second with no outs is actually one of the most optimal times to bunt: http://www.blessyouboys.com/2011/8/17/2365806/a-sabermetric-view-of-bunting

The decision to have Perez bunt Crawford over the previous at-bat is more questionable, but Perez is kind of useless offensively so I guess Bochy figured an out plus 90 feet is better than just an out.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 15, 2014

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Scob posted:

I don't think the Giants are particularly bunty? In fact fangraphs seems to suggest they've bunted the least out of any NL team (if I'm reading this poo poo right).

I mean hate all you want, but the Giants aren't really built around bunting and base-stealing the way the Royals are.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Giants are built around having Posey, Panda and Pence and other teams not.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not saying I agree with him all the time just that his opinions seem to be genuine and not troll opinions like a Skip Bayless.

Cowherd said that college basketball before the tournament was unwatchable because nothing exciting happens. That's just wrong but I don't get the feeling the purpose of that comment was to get college basketball fans all riled up.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

tadashi posted:

Professional sports writers screwing up the narrative, again, is pissing me off. The Giants won because of Matheny.

Saying the Giants won because of Matheny seems pretty lazy, and I say this as someone who can't stand Mike Matheny.

Randy Choate slated to face 3 lefties and 1 really lovely righty who was clearly bunting is an appropriate use of a LOOGY. Especially given that Carlos Martinez struggles against LHB.

Playing Grichuk yesterday was pretty dumb, but then Grichuk goes and homers, validating the bad decision.

The only thing Matheny could've done yesterday was maybe double switched Grichuk out in the 9th so that Maness could've pitched innings 9 and 10. Everything else is defensible.

The Cardinals lost Game 3 because their players didn't get the job done when put into a reasonable chance to succeed.

Separately, Matheny is loving terrible.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

FairGame posted:

Saying the Giants won because of Matheny seems pretty lazy, and I say this as someone who can't stand Mike Matheny.

Randy Choate slated to face 3 lefties and 1 really lovely righty who was clearly bunting is an appropriate use of a LOOGY. Especially given that Carlos Martinez struggles against LHB.

Playing Grichuk yesterday was pretty dumb, but then Grichuk goes and homers, validating the bad decision.

The only thing Matheny could've done yesterday was maybe double switched Grichuk out in the 9th so that Maness could've pitched innings 9 and 10. Everything else is defensible.

The Cardinals lost Game 3 because their players didn't get the job done when put into a reasonable chance to succeed.

Separately, Matheny is loving terrible.

Really, with players named Chode and Maness (pronounced m'ANUS) there's no way FOX was going to allow them through to OTA TV anyway

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

ReverendDre posted:

Really, with players named Chode and Maness (pronounced m'ANUS) there's no way FOX was going to allow them through to OTA TV anyway

Hey woah hahahaha I never noticed that and did you know there's this guy named Pujols? You know what that sounds like? Wow ahahaha

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
For the longest time I just pronounced it in my head as inchoate without the "in". When I found out it was Choat, I lost all the awesome* puns I'd been making.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

FairGame posted:

Hey woah hahahaha I never noticed that and did you know there's this guy named Pujols? You know what that sounds like? Wow ahahaha

The dumbest part is the Giants have a player where you can do this sort of thing without changing any letters.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

FairGame posted:

Dude. Hunter Pence sounds like Underpants.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Eegah! posted:

Dude. Hunter Pence sounds like Underpants.

Tim Lincecum :holy:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ZenVulgarity posted:

Play better or shut up.

This.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

FairGame posted:

Yes, and all 3 will be watching the world series on television

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Dis a good year for sportdudes with crowns.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ozvPX0bIw&t=12s

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

FairGame posted:

Poo holes.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

If anyone has a photoshop of the Orioles cartoon bird shedding a single tear out of the corner of its goofy rolling eyes, post it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Go Royals

please :negative:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Go Royals

please :negative:

You're our only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU