Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Also isn't Wally part black now? Nope can't be having that in our movies no

The other 2 people they've cast for those movies are a Black Samoan and a Native Hawaiian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Wally's just had it rough these past few years. It's really putting a damper on my enthusiasm for whatever they do with the character.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

:lol: if only to murder him to satisfy DC's hateboner for Wally :lol:

Well, they won't murder him, but his movie will probably suck, so...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The guy they cast is loving weird looking.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

hiddenriverninja posted:

:lol: if only to murder him to satisfy DC's hateboner for Wally :lol:

Also isn't Wally part black now? Nope can't be having that in our movies no

Just cast Donglover.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Another good thing about the ratings is that the mysterious third DC show Pedowitz has been talking about has a good chance of becoming a reality.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Finally, the Ambush Bug series we deserve

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bad Moon posted:

Finally, the Ambush Bug series we deserve

Batmite or nothing :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it me or does Jesse L Martin look like he's wearing a hairpiece?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this? posted:

Is it me or does Jesse L Martin look like he's wearing a hairpiece?

Just looked like he's balding to me. His hairline has that "I'm shaving the parts that are thinning and end up looking weedy" look to it.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

They could cross them over Crisis on infinite Earth style!

(they won't)

Future news mentioned red skies and STAR Labs has a modified treadmill. I would not at all be surprised to see some sort of "Flash of Two Worlds" tie-in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Flash will probably be working to prevent that future.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Technogeek posted:

Future news mentioned red skies and STAR Labs has a modified treadmill. I would not at all be surprised to see some sort of "Flash of Two Worlds" tie-in.

That'd be kinda interesting to see how they approach, given that, whilst the general concept of Barry and such hasn't changed too much even into the modern era, of course with the reboot - and thus leading in the current comics that are supposed to be what this show advertises - the golden age heroes got a significant revamp for the Earth 2 series. So would a Jay Garrick in this show get be the old veteran (and possibly see Shipp in a full speedster role because alternate version of Barry's dad or whatever), or university age fellow who might more closely relate to - and parallel - Barry?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think I love this show, I really do. I need more Detective Joe/Barry banter in my life. :allears: That poo poo is just great.

Also I CTV here in :canada: is also great because their Tuesday night line up is Flash, S.H.E.I.L.D, and Person of Interest. So I don't even have to flip any channels!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Uhhh why do they keep killing the villains? This is not a movie guys, it's a TV show, it's okay if they come back for another episode. :confused:

I'll just assume it was a clone and not the real guy.

Oh, and that post credits final scene... so good. This show. :allears:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Krad posted:

Uhhh why do they keep killing the villains? This is not a movie guys, it's a TV show, it's okay if they come back for another episode. :confused:

Yeah, this is normally a big issue for me, but the show has been so good that it didn't bother me. I think part of it is that this show is so over the top true to comics that death probably won't stick in a way that matters when they want to use the character again.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Krad posted:

We didn't see if Weather Wizard died did we?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zythrst posted:

We didn't see if Weather Wizard died did we?

Shot in the shoulder, and the (probably the dead cop though) bodybag wheeled into an ambulance.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Dead cop was at the start of the episode, before the 9 month jump.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zaggitz posted:

Dead cop was at the start of the episode, before the 9 month jump.

Oh for reals? I thought someone died during the tornado at the farm?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

Oh for reals? I thought someone died during the tornado at the farm?

The only people at the farm were Jesse L. Martin, his partner (Iris' boy), Barry and Weather Wizard. If anyone's dead, it's WW.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

greatn posted:

I like this show but if Barry is going to have a love interest they seriously need to make it not his sister. You were raised in that house since you were eight. That's your sister. Don't make the protagonist of the show a dude who creeps on his sister.

Am I the only one who caught Barry kissing what looked like Felicity in the facebook trailer?

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

LordNad posted:

Am I the only one who caught Barry kissing what looked like Felicity in the facebook trailer?

It was her.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

overtone posted:

It was her.

Hopefully this is the start of more casual Flash/Arrow crossovers.

Now all we need is for an Arrow-verse Batman show to subplant Gotham, because the pilot stinger confirmed Bruce Wayne exists in this continuity.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That episode was enough to firmly sell me on this show.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

nine-gear crow posted:

Now all we need is for an Arrow-verse Batman show to subplant Gotham, because the pilot stinger confirmed Bruce Wayne exists in this continuity.

I believe episode 8 for both arrow and flash are crossovers. We'll get to see the Arrow characters in the light hearted universe of Flash, and the Flash characters in the grimmer/darker Arrow universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Weather Wizard has a brother so it's okay to kill one of them.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Hopefully it will stop Barry from pining after his almost sister who is already in a relationship.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Scapegoat posted:

Hopefully it will stop Barry from pining after his almost sister who is already in a relationship.

I can see the angle you're coming from, but you do understand that she's not his sister right?

There wouldn't be anything wrong with them having a relationship, since they're not actually related so there's no in-breeding factor.

e: Way too many 'actually' words in that post, edited some.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 16, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Scapegoat posted:

That too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please stop acting like Iris is his sister. They were friends that lived together after his family was taken from him. There's nothing wrong at all with there being feelings there. Just stop.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

Please stop acting like Iris is his sister. They were friends that lived together after his family was taken from him. There's nothing wrong at all with there being feelings there. Just stop.

but I don't understand human relaaaaaaations?!?!?!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry, it is weird.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Stem cells do not only come from babies you loving idiot, Barry

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, stem cells also don't make clothes.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

muscles like this? posted:

Well, stem cells also don't make clothes.

Well maybe the cloths are fully organic. Which is gross because they will rot at some point to.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

How far do you think they'll ramp up Barry's powers by the end of the series?

There is:

Vibrating through objects
running around the world super mass punch
Time travel
vibrating objects so that they explode

I'm sure i'm missing a ton of them.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Stem cells do not only come from babies you loving idiot, Barry

I too watch superhero shows on the CW for accurate scientific information.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

hiddenriverninja posted:

vibrating objects so that they explode

I could see this one being fairly reasonable if it was toned down to "collapses/crumbles" instead of "explode"

Like they did with Quicksilver and the glass barrier in X-men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well Barry somehow going to travel back in time sometime in the show, I'm not sure if it will be a super speed thing or not but it's a good bet.

• Locked thread