Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Turtlicious posted:

I'm starting to think Goons don't know what good tv is. Hating Korra, Gotham, and NationZ is a crime.

gotham has been pretty bad so far aside from donal logue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Turtlicious posted:

I'm starting to think Goons don't know what good tv is. Hating Korra, Gotham, and NationZ is a crime.

How could anyone be tired of zombies or comic books?????

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Awesome! posted:

gotham has been pretty bad so far aside from donal logue

corn in the bible posted:

How could anyone be tired of zombies or comic books?????

I'm going to put you both in jail. This is highly illegal.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Turt1984icious posted:

Maybe if it's illegal to have good taste. Korra has become blahverage at best over 3 seasons with some VERY minor standout parts, although season 4 has picked it up okay so far, and Gotham ... well, it's better than The Strain, I suppose. Which just happens to be one of the worst new shows to leak out from hollywood's diaper.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Holy poo poo, they sneakily released the Gabriel Knight 1 remake.

It doesn't look all that great but I really want to hear that reorchestrated music if nothing else. 20 dollars/euros seems a bit steep though; I guess I'll wait for a sale.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Turtlicious posted:

Gotham is so bad.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is REVERSE SIDE out or not? Steam says it's out but there's no purchase button, dunno if they're just playing silly buggers with the Aus Store again.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just called the police, they said I was retarded, I am going to lawyer up.

e: For these highly illegal opinions

Orv
May 4, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

I just called the police, they said I was retarded, I am going to lawyer up.

e: For these highly illegal opinions

I don't know about Korra or NationZ, but Gotham is bad. Not even redeemable Green Arrow bad, just straight out bad.

Whoever asked about Jedi Knight requiring Steam, still yes. :smith:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Being able to have a smug gun-slinging mouseman in my group already makes Grimrock II worth it.

A man after my own heart, I have the exact same character :3: and lemme guess, human knight, cow barb, bug wizard? If so, the rest matches as well.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 15, 2014

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Jusupov posted:

There's also a grinding system where you can create new weapons, with a good chance for a better tier one.
I saw that in one of the BL2 trailers, it was showing a vault hunter literally grinding up unwanted loot by tossing it into a grinder.

How many unwanted items to make a new item? And is it totally random or like if you grind up X class mods you'll get another class mod out?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
3 items of the same quality (color) makes 1 item of the same color or a color higher. You can grind up the items for free for a random chance at a higher quality than what you put in, or with moonstones (eridium from the previous game) to always guarantee the highest quality. Moonstone-ground items sometimes come with Luneshine, which adds an extra bonus like less O2 consumption or whatever. You can't grind up items you get out of the golden chest.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
There's also supposedly some hidden recipes but people haven't figured them out yet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I finished The Wolf Among Us. Sadly the game started falling apart in Episode 4 and Episode 5 was a disaster overall considering how it turned into a one big QTE action sequence, heavy-handed the plot and was overall a chaotic mess. At least the very ending and epilogue were quite nice so I still left the game being satisfied with it. I replayed the last big sequence to see how the results can vary and I have to say they did allow for some pretty different routes there so there's that. I'm looking forward to Season 2 but I hope they try a bit harder to keep the quality higher.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Speaking of Telltale games I finished Law & Order Legacies. If you want a visual novel about NYPD cops voiced by celebrity impressionists then you may also enjoy it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If the EoB two step / square dancing of Grimrock 1 annoyed you you might enjoy the sequel a lot more. In 2 the enemies will charge if you try to back away, they can also dodge away if you try to strafe back and forth, and will fire off their attacks faster once you appear. It's still an action-rpg, but it feels a lot less repetitive and like the game isn't balanced around shuffling in a circle.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

robziel posted:

Anecdotal signs point to no.

Legendaries seem to be a LITTLE more common now. Note: you can't seem to put legendaries or purples in the grinder. Purples MIGHT be a bug.

Also the daily deal at most vending machines seem to usually be a purple or orange now and I haven't seen anything below a blue as one since hitting level 20.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
During my never-ending quest to collect all card drops before the Winter Sale, I played through some weird bundle game I'd never heard of called Whispering Willows. Actually, I enjoyed it quite a bit! It's like a weird spooky-but-not-scary 2D adventure game about a girl looking for her dad in a haunted mansion. The graphics are bright (maybe hand drawn?) and the story and characters were actually way better than I would have guessed.

It was kind of like playing through a really good episode of Goosebumps, actually. It has that same sort of feeling to it. Anyway, it's short so I'd recommend giving it a try if you like adventure games.

Edit; whoops, fixed the title

Drunk Tomato fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 16, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, Whispering Willows is pretty decent though flawed. It was the dev team's first game and its solid enough so I want them to improve. especially because one of the team repleid to my Steam review saying that their sticking with more adventure game Metroidvanias which I would like more of because Waking Mars is the only other one I can think of. (Waking Mars was really solid)

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 16, 2014

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'm disappointed Evil Within turned out to be so disappointing, I've been itching for a weird horror game. I tried outlast but not a fan of the whole 'you're completely helpless' thing. Also it was too scary for me to be honest.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Everyone was calling it stealth Resident Evil 4. Is that not the case now?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It feels like it might be, but then it decides it would rather be a lovely Resident Evil 6 instead.

Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games ever made. Evil Within is a pale comparison.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
A mate linked me to this thing with a referral link so he gets into the alpha for it.
http://empyriongame.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabkfM5VZDk
The space things look like Space Engineers. Like they ripped assets from an old version of Space Engineers then stuck on Randomly-Generated Unity terrain.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Those are exactly Space Engineer assets, yes. The blocks at least, they had the decency to change the cockpit a bit first.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

If only LA hadn't deliberately hosed with the data files to make them incompatible with ScummVM...

Whoa, did LA fire someone?

Next you'll tell me Jedi Knight no longer requires Steam to run.
The issue with the Steam games not being supported by ScummVM wasn't a case of Lucasarts deliberately trying to sabotage ScummVM, it was a case of the ScummVM deliberately not adding support for the Steam versions to try and encourage Lucasarts to release more of the Scumm library legally and digitally. Didn't work, so eventually they put in the half-hour of work to add support.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Apparently the Excalibastard is a Bad rear end check:

http://kotaku.com/people-already-figured-out-how-to-use-borderlands-unusa-1646810542

Can't wait to use it on my characters.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

Apparently the Excalibastard is a Bad rear end check:

http://kotaku.com/people-already-figured-out-how-to-use-borderlands-unusa-1646810542

Can't wait to use it on my characters.

That whole video seemed...incredibly boring.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Next batch of IGN Prime keys for Endless Legend are up here.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Drifter posted:

That whole video seemed...incredibly boring.

Welcome to Borderlands!

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Turtlicious posted:

Z Nation is amazing and I wont hear anybody say otherwise. It so god drat stupid, but so drat entertaining.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Palpek posted:

I finished The Wolf Among Us. Sadly the game started falling apart in Episode 4 and Episode 5 was a disaster overall considering how it turned into a one big QTE action sequence, heavy-handed the plot and was overall a chaotic mess. At least the very ending and epilogue were quite nice so I still left the game being satisfied with it. I replayed the last big sequence to see how the results can vary and I have to say they did allow for some pretty different routes there so there's that. I'm looking forward to Season 2 but I hope they try a bit harder to keep the quality higher.

I liked the ending in part because I was able to set my personal record for least popular decision in any Telltale game I've played. Me, and 1.5% of the people were a total rear end in a top hat to a little kid frog.

Ummm. Slight spoilers of a minor sort if you blow the image up, I guess.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

I'm assuming there's no more one month free offers?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Croccers posted:

A mate linked me to this thing with a referral link so he gets into the alpha for it.
http://empyriongame.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabkfM5VZDk
The space things look like Space Engineers. Like they ripped assets from an old version of Space Engineers then stuck on Randomly-Generated Unity terrain.

Literally. In a literal way, Space Engineers.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Palpek posted:

I didn't like most of the action sequences in Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2. I hate the "mash a button to fill up a bar" QTE they do for strength-based actions in those games, but what I hate even more is when it's fake, and the bar never fills up even though you're jamming on the button like an idiot because you're supposed to lose to continue the story. Every time that happened it took me completely out of the scene.

Beyond: Two Souls had some really annoying QTE stuff too. There's a part pretty early on where you're walking through a dangerous area and every ten seconds you have to push the sticks in, hold them and release to make your ghost friend do something, and it just sucked. I don't remember Walking Dead S1 or Heavy Rain having anything that obnoxious in them, so either I just forgot about them or these people are getting worse at designing QTEs (for my tastes.)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, after finishing the game I redid Episode 5 to see how different the dialogues can get (they do differ pretty heavily, thumbs up for that) and just to gently caress around a bit I didn't do the QTEs...the game often completed the actions anyway, especially the 'hit Q repeatedly' one. Not all of them, mind you, some of the QTEs give you a game over when you don't do them so it's not on the Ryse level but still it made me feel pretty dumb doing all of them throughout the game with the idea that it somehow matters.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
:w00t: For $7 I just got a copy of Endless Legend, a copy of Five Nights at Freddy's, and a free random hero in Marvel Heroes. That's like $40 worth of stuff if I count what I paid for IGN Prime and what I didn't have to pay in tax.

That's a better deal than I would have ever expected from IGN.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Armor-Piercing posted:

Nice thanks for the reminder

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's an awful video game.

Boring as gently caress with clunky controls with instadeath all over the shop.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If you want an inferior but still pretty enjoyable Resident Evil alternative try Cold Fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there an easy way to see what games I own are early access?

• Locked thread