Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Also, what's a better game? Fear Effect, or it's sequel?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

You beautiful mad man

TheRealestMatt posted:

The smart rear end in me wants to say 'Neither' but I think the second one at least runs better?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Real but not helpful answer: None of the above.

Real but helpful answer: the sequel is less dogshit than the first, but still pretty dogshit.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Hahaha, oh my god good loving luck.

(In all seriousness though, despite a lot of lovely mechanics, the story is probably one of the most beautiful I've seen in a video game. :shobon: )

Compendium fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 15, 2014

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

watho posted:

So how screwed am I if I want to avoid P4 spoilers when it comes to the podcast?

They've done the Persona spoilercast already, but I can't guarantee that Woolie and Pat's constant sperging about Persona won't accidentally spoil something incidental.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Radio Paranoia posted:

They've done the Persona spoilercast already, but I can't guarantee that Woolie and Pat's constant sperging about Persona won't accidentally spoil something incidental.

They said the last time that all bets are off now since Ultimax has come out.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Friend and I were yammerin' awhile back about what games you'd do this year knowing you'd do more than a few larger playthroughs. We both really wanted you guys to do this one.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

watho posted:

So how screwed am I if I want to avoid P4 spoilers when it comes to the podcast?

Finish P4 btw it's loving fantastic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cmykjester posted:

Seriously how many years do people have to give people

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously how many years do people have to give people

The killer is a loving DLC character in a new Fighter. Spoilers are off.

meth addict
Sep 27, 2014

by Ion Helmet
It's refreshing to hear Liam and Woolie playing a game together after DS2. Pat's drunk/hungover/elitist style of being in the "teacher role" got incredibly grating, and Liam is cute and happy and good at positive reinforcement.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Liam is the Pat we need.
Pat is the Pat we deserve.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam is also good at not being a dirty time thief which makes him the worst human being imagineable.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

cmykjester posted:

I will as soon as I'm able to. :sigh:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Matt are you guys gonna do a video for Killer Instinct season 2 stuff or we gonna have to wait a long time for all the characters to be released?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beef Waifu posted:

Liam is also good at not being a dirty time thief which makes him the worst human being imagineable.

That whole discussion really revealed that the only thing keeping Pat and Woolie from committing scores of crimes is the chance of getting caught.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Indecisive posted:

Matt are you guys gonna do a video for Killer Instinct season 2 stuff or we gonna have to wait a long time for all the characters to be released?

Gonna have to wait, more characters and stuff. Plus I need time to unlock all the alternative outfits, like Kick's costume for TJ Combo!

Also:

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 15, 2014

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
These mocapped skeletons are really weirding me the gently caress out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this was a very embarrassing post and i'm glad no one read it

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 24, 2015

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

meth addict posted:

It's refreshing to hear Liam and Woolie playing a game together after DS2. Pat's drunk/hungover/elitist style of being in the "teacher role" got incredibly grating, and Liam is cute and happy and good at positive reinforcement.

Hey now, I'll never get sick of Pat berating Woolie constantly.

The DS2 LP has been really enjoyable for me and actually inspired me to really get (back) into the games. I had played Demon's and Dark Souls but just couldn't find enjoyment in them, but now I'm powering through Dark Souls 1 and having a ton of fun.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I hope they played Monster Bash

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

meth addict posted:

Hearing this alot. Probably due to the game's length. When you're forced to LP, a really long game can get very irritating.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Hearing this alot. Probably due to the game's length. When you're forced to LP, a really long game can get very irritating.

Is this a veiled introduction of yours and Pat's upcoming 2000 turn playthrough of Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

Is this a veiled introduction of yours and Pat's upcoming 2000 turn playthrough of Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth?

Oh, I thought it was about the 100% completion Persona 4 LP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I love the DS2 playthrough but at the same time, I don't think long games that are more than 50 hours on average should be played.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rule of Rose can be summed up in the following sentence: it would be so good if it wasn't so bad. It's a more extreme case of Deadly Premonitis.

meth addict
Sep 27, 2014

by Ion Helmet

TheRealestMatt posted:

I could've worded it better, because it wasn't his way of talking that rotted my brain really, it was just them being absolutely sick of each other. I'm a big fan of Pat, but Pat having zero patience isn't fun to listen to at all. I've noticed it in all the videos lately and I don't know if it's because you're marathon'ing videos or what, but little things like in Bug Island where you get a weapon and Pat immediately screams "equip it! equip it!!!!!!! equip it!!!!".. it's like Pat, SHUT THE gently caress UP JESUS CHRIST

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Dias posted:

Rule of Rose can be summed up in the following sentence: it would be so good if it wasn't so bad. It's a more extreme case of Deadly Premonitis.

It's a game I wish could be updated with tighter mechanics or at least better hit boxes.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

straight jerkers posted:

I hope they played Monster Bash

gently caress yes. I cut my teeth in PC gaming with shareware versions of id Software and Apogee games.

And, haha man, Fear Effect. There's a title I haven't heard in a long time. I remember buying it when it was cheap, but didn't play much of it, so I don't remember it at all.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

meth addict posted:

I could've worded it better, because it wasn't his way of talking that rotted my brain really, it was just them being absolutely sick of each other. I'm a big fan of Pat, but Pat having zero patience isn't fun to listen to at all. I've noticed it in all the videos lately and I don't know if it's because you're marathon'ing videos or what, but little things like in Bug Island where you get a weapon and Pat immediately screams "equip it! equip it!!!!!!! equip it!!!!".. it's like Pat, SHUT THE gently caress UP JESUS CHRIST

being a huge prick is kind of pats thing and i love it

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Also, Cryme Tyme is the best series. Loving this 50 Cent video. And I agree with Matt: gently caress inverted controls unless I'm flying a plane.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Enjoying Rule of Rose but man has dealing with douchebags who complain about "breeders" constantly given me a low tolerance for kid punching jokes. And I used to think they were hilarious!

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

meth addict posted:

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

being a huge prick is kind of pats thing and i love it

Yeah, I love it too. I love when Pat is just so on-point with being a dick in some of the videos, it's hilarious. Never let up, Pat.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dias posted:

Oh, I thought it was about the 100% completion Persona 4 LP.

I'd honestly totally watch that. It'd probably year the best friends apart through waifu wars though.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yo, since Pat still seems interested in Guild Wars 2 (the best MMO ever) and is getting sick of holding down the right mouse button to the point that he stops playing, Imma just drop this mod that fixes that annoyance: http://wesslen.org/ICM/

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Yo Wehn's Weaponlord?!

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Yo Wehn's Weaponlord?!

They will do a full playthrough on the next episode of Fighterpedia.

:negative:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Yo, since Pat still seems interested in Guild Wars 2 (the best MMO ever) and is getting sick of holding down the right mouse button to the point that he stops playing, Imma just drop this mod that fixes that annoyance: http://wesslen.org/ICM/

well poo poo I was wanting something like this, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm just about ready to finish up the Deadly Premonition LP. I think it's been really great, maybe the best Best Friends LP I've seen. I do wish they had done more open world/sidequest stuff since I think that was the funniest part of the videos, but to be fair they did spend like half the LP doing that so I can't blame them for getting along with the story eventually.

Would people here recommend the Silent Hill Downpour and Homecoming LPs?